Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Wedi
Member+

Re: How PM Abiy's naiveté led to loss of The Sudan, a rock solid Ethiopian ally for decades

Post by Wedi » 15 Jan 2021, 18:31

eden wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 18:11
How PM Abiy's naiveté led to loss of The Sudan, a rock solid Ethiopian ally for decades
Sudan showed it is not "a rock solid ally of Ethiopia". A rock solid Ethiopian ally doesn't invade its ally when your ally has some internal problems.

Sudan is/was a rock solid ally of TPLF and not Ethiopian. It has proved itself. :P :P
Last edited by Wedi on 15 Jan 2021, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

Wedi
Member+

Re: How PM Abiy's naiveté led to loss of The Sudan, a rock solid Ethiopian ally for decades

Post by Wedi » 15 Jan 2021, 18:44

The plan was to have 'independent Tigray Republic' along "Ethiopia" and Sudan!!! :P 8)

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 15 Jan 2021, 18:58

Rock solid ally proves itself on times of difficulty. Hence Sudan failed. Eritrea is now Ethiopias rock solid ally

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 15 Jan 2021, 19:07

"My (Alex De Waal) encounters with Meles began at dusk in November 1988, when I crossed Sudan's eastern border into part of northern Ethiopia held by the Tigrayan People's Liberation Front (TPLF), and climbed on to a Soviet-built Zil truck captured from the Ethiopian army, at that time led by Colonel Mengistu Haile Mariam, a military dictator allied to the Soviet Union. On the truck were several members of the TPLF leadership, including Comrade Seyoum, head of foreign relations, and Comrade Meles, in his pyjamas, returning from medical treatment in Khartoum. All travel was at night because of daily overflights by Ethiopian MiG fighter-bombers and the occasional helicopter gunship. During the day we rested under trees or in caves; during the night we travelled on roads hacked out of the mountainside by the guerrillas. Some of the hairpin bends were so tight that the truck had to make three-point or even five-point turns on the corners, the wheels just inches from the precipices. Near government garrisons, the drivers switched off their headlamps and drove by moonlight and keen eyesight. The journey was equally memorable as a travelling seminar, in which Meles, Seyoum and others discussed the history of European revolutions, theories of warfare, and peasant survival during famine and theories of economic development. At one point we stopped for almost an hour while Meles argued with some hunters we met by the roadside, on the importance of conserving endangered species."

from Alex de Waal book entitled "The Real Politics of the Horn of Africa - Money, War and the Business of Power (2015)"

ZEMEN

Post by ZEMEN » 15 Jan 2021, 19:07

Wedi wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 18:44
The plan was to have 'independent Tigray Republic' along "Ethiopia" and Sudan!!! :P 8)

Wow that is so obvious! amazing they went for greater Tigray and the settled for small Tigray, well for no Tigray. they are the most disgraced people in the humanity of the world. They keep saying Tigray is archiving victories are they talking about? Well, i guess Mesfin Siyum will lead the new greater Tigray. What a disgraced people.

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 15 Jan 2021, 19:12

Junta eden, please explain why your now-dead Weyane boss Abay Tsehaye signed this agreement to hand over Amhara territories to the Sudan. Is this how you agame forge alliances, by giving someone else's land to a foreign country as a token of friendship? :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Fiyameta on 15 Jan 2021, 19:15, edited 3 times in total.

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 15 Jan 2021, 19:13

it is yet again another 'ethiopian' war on behalf of amara expansionism. So was the war in Tigray! Dena Mufti is their ambassador and abiy is the prime minister for the MAGA, Make Amhara Great Again movement!

Amhara Fano Militia provoked the initial attacks far beond gweyn pillar coordinates to which the rest of the nation nationalities have to pay with their lives.
Last edited by gearhead on 15 Jan 2021, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

sarcasm

Post by sarcasm » 15 Jan 2021, 19:18

Misraq wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 18:58
Rock solid ally proves itself on times of difficulty. Hence Sudan failed. Eritrea is now Ethiopias rock solid ally
There's a saying in Asmara: "ፍቅሪ ኢሰያስ ክልተ ሰሙን፥ ንሳኳ ኽንደይ ተኸናኺንካ". Isaias never had long term allies. I don't know if Abiy believes he is an exception.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 15 Jan 2021, 19:31

What does a “ loss” of Sudan mean ? Ethiopia needs peaceful relationship with her neighbors. If they choose otherwise we have the muscle to make them behave nice.
But I believe they will behave nice pretty soon because the Abiy administration ably demonstrated it is not a force to mess with. They are not stupid. They know what was going on in Ethiopia. Their former friends are pretty much either dead or in prison.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 15 Jan 2021, 19:52

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 19:31
What does a “ loss” of Sudan mean ? Ethiopia needs peaceful relationship with her neighbors. If they choose otherwise we have the muscle to make them behave nice.
But I believe they will behave nice pretty soon because the Abiy administration ably demonstrated it is not a force to mess with. They are not stupid. They know what was going on in Ethiopia. Their former friends are pretty much either dead or in prison.
" Who we have the muscle to make them behave" I just quoted you.

Dear brother, such rhetoric or empty bravado were constantly applied by the derg during our struggle for independence but as you know it bore no fruit.

Hence, my brotherly advice.. do not ever... ever under-estimate your adversary.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Jan 2021, 20:09

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:

Here's ur problem & by extension, Israel:

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 15 Jan 2021, 20:15

kerenite wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 19:52
Sam Ebalalehu wrote:

Dear brother, such rhetoric or empty bravado were constantly applied by the derg during our struggle for independence but as you know it bore no fruit.

Kerenite Wedi Shire aka Junta Sigbgb,

I agree with you that opening your mouth just for the sake rhetoric is not worth it. It is not smart either.. But how come you failed to bring the rhetoric and empty bravado of your beloved TPLF for the last over 2 years as the best example ??? I thought it is easier to bring the TPLF Junta which lasted just 17 day to its absolute demise than Derg which lasted over 17 years to its demise ......

By the way, how is your endeavor to build a mosque in Axum going ?? I assume the light is at the end of the tunnel for the Muslim people of Axum after complete annihilation of the Junta Sigbgb :oops: ..

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 15 Jan 2021, 20:20

Egypt's current behavior is very damaging for the Ethiopia's and Egypt's future relationship. If Egypt doesn't stop this childish and crazy behavior, Ethiopia will be forced to build more dams not only for Hydro-power generation but also for Big irrigation projects and this will totally destroy Egypt's irrigation system.

I think Egypt is pushing her own self destruction RED but.ton very fast!!

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 15 Jan 2021, 20:27

Hawzen wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 20:15
kerenite wrote:
Sam Ebalalehu wrote:

I agree with you that opening your mouth just for the sake rhetoric is not worth it. It is not smart either.. But how come you failed to bring the rhetoric and empty bravado of your beloved TPLF for the last over 2 years as the best example ??? I thought it is easier to bring the TPLF Junta which lasted just 17 day to its absolute demise than Derg which lasted over 17 years to its demise ......

By the way, how is your endeavor to build a mosque in Axum going ?? I assume the light is at the end of the tunnel for the Muslim people of Axum after complete annihilation of the Junta Sigbgb :oops: ..

Dedebit is always dedeb
Anta wedi [deleted],

don't ever respond to my posts.

Kemey guHaf! Sebeytay!

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 15 Jan 2021, 20:33

gearhead wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 19:13
it is yet again another 'ethiopian' war on behalf of amara expansionism. So was the war in Tigray! Dena Mufti is their ambassador and abiy is the prime minister for the MAGA, Make Amhara Great Again movement!

Amhara Fano Militia provoked the initial attacks far beond gweyn pillar coordinates to which the rest of the nation nationalities have to pay with their lives.
Really?? :P

Soon you will say that amara Fanno Militia provoked the initial attacks far beyond gweyn when these fannos forced the tplf to write anti amara declaration on the original tplf manifesto.
PLease stop being confused and confusing others on the issues of causes and effects of events, meaning which one came first, Fanno resistances or tplf provocations? Yigermal ekko!

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 15 Jan 2021, 20:38

Hawzen, things will be ok. Egypt will try to get the best out of the negotiation. But I do believe bombing the dam is not her option.
In the recent clean “ the merchant of hatred” campaign up north, Ethiopia has sent message to potential adversaries.
Egypt might not think she will bomb the dam, and the sues canal keeps operating as it had been before.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 15 Jan 2021, 20:39

Hawzen wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 20:15
kerenite wrote:
Sam Ebalalehu wrote:

Dedebit is always dedeb
Anta wedi [deleted],

don't ever respond to my posts. Qurub integrity yebilkan? I told you repeatedly that you are wedi torserawit and I am from lowland eritrea lol and I hate deQi torserawit your kins for one thousand and one reasons.

Kemey!!! guHaf! Sebeytay! Nay behaQi Qurdid! Alekhu malet.

Don't ever respond to my posts. Ok? Jelfaf wediza....better not insult your mother.
Last edited by kerenite on 15 Jan 2021, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 15 Jan 2021, 20:45

Wedi wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 20:20
Egypt's current behavior is very damaging for the Ethiopia's and Egypt's future relationship. If Egypt doesn't stop this childish and crazy behavior, Ethiopia will be forced to build more dams not only for Hydro-power generation but also for Big irrigation projects and this will totally destroy Egypt's irrigation system.

I think Egypt is pushing her own self destruction RED but.ton very fast!!

The truth is that Ethiopia's prosperity and well being is also African prosperity and well being. That includes Misir too. Only prosperous and prospering nations and peoples can satisfy the needs of their population and that of the needs of other nations too. Prosperity, peace and sharing is the way to the healthy wealthy happy highway. Getting miserable and sharing misery is the way down to the filthy life and living conditions. So lety every body give and take and then go along the diverse ways of developments and prosperity because we have lots of human and material resources to organize, exploiter and put the needs of our population near and far. 8)

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 15 Jan 2021, 21:20

Cant get sober from your greed high--can you? it is fano that invaded sudan in violation of gwyn pillars and coordinates. It is them who still reject the demarcation. It is their war. Sacrificing nation nationality for amhara violation of international law is treason.
sun wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 20:33
gearhead wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 19:13

Really?? :P

Soon you will say that amara Fanno Militia provoked the initial attacks far beyond gweyn when these fannos forced the tplf to write anti amara declaration on the original tplf manifesto.
PLease stop being confused and confusing others on the issues of causes and effects of events, meaning which one came first, Fanno resistances or tplf provocations? Yigermal ekko!