Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

ZEMEN

Re: Insane! Play house Addis, a 20 mio. birr night club to be opened next week

Post by ZEMEN » 12 Jan 2021, 16:16

temari wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 15:54
This shows you how corrupted the country is and how social justice is dead. No country like Ethiopia the priority supposed be narrowing the gap by dispensing social justice. Ethiopians need to learn from Eritrea. When Eritrea were building those dams, everyone was laughing, including me, i lough no more. See the forestation, see the drip-irrigation, see the amount of water they are saved. I heard one kilo orange is twenty Nakfa and the same thing in Addis 80 birr. the point is by saving the water, they calm the market. Instead of follow Eritrea, Sure, what we need is night club. you talk about F-up.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 12 Jan 2021, 16:18

20 Mil Birr is not a lot even by Addis standard. 400K USD

ZEMEN

Post by ZEMEN » 12 Jan 2021, 16:26

eden wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 16:18
20 Mil Birr is not a lot even by Addis standard. 400K USD
Oh my bad, this is that is Birr, i thought it be 20 mill USD. thanks.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Jan 2021, 16:30

ZEMEN wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 16:16
temari wrote:
This shows you how corrupted the country is and how social justice is dead. No country like Ethiopia the priority supposed be narrowing the gap by dispensing social justice. Ethiopians need to learn from Eritrea. When Eritrea were building those dams, everyone was laughing, including me, i lough no more. See the forestation, see the drip-irrigation, see the amount of water they are saved. I heard one kilo orange is twenty Nakfa and the same thing in Addis 80 birr. the point is by saving the water, they calm the market. Instead of follow Eritrea, Sure, what we need is night club. you talk about F-up.
Ethiopia needed to learn from Eritrea?

Wow. I though the time of command (centralised) economy was over, is Aboy Isayas still a communist?

Ethiopia is in market economy and as such it is upto the market to decide on who should gain or lose, not the government (be it good or bad).

Does Ethioia need some policy adjustments? In my view, sure. But I don't think Ethiopia should look by any stretch of imagination to Eritrea and copy from there (this is not about being pro or anti Eritrea, simply Eritrea has nothing to show off and others needed to copy from it). So, be realistic.

ZEMEN

Post by ZEMEN » 12 Jan 2021, 16:36

DefendTheTruth wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 16:30
ZEMEN wrote:
temari wrote:
Ethiopia needed to learn from Eritrea?

Wow. I though the time of command (centralised) economy was over, is Aboy Isayas still a communist?

Ethiopia is in market economy and as such it is upto the market to decide on who should gain or lose, not the government (be it good or bad).

Does Ethioia need some policy adjustments? In my view, sure. But I don't think Ethiopia should look by any stretch of imagination to Eritrea and copy from there (this is not about being pro or anti Eritrea, simply Eritrea has nothing to show off and others needed to copy from it). So, be realistic.
There is no market economy when you need Aid, loans and starving people. let's not act like the white people. Africa needs to start from scratch. Market economy my [deleted]. What does Ethiopia offers in the market? coffee? my friend, do your job, defend the truth.

TesfaNews
Member+

Post by TesfaNews » 12 Jan 2021, 16:37

Defend the lie :lol:

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Jan 2021, 16:59

ZEMEN wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 16:36

There is no market economy when you need Aid, loans and starving people. let's not act like the white people. Africa needs to start from scratch. Market economy my [deleted]. What does Ethiopia offers in the market? coffee? my friend, do your job, defend the truth.
In my understanding market and command economy are not about the product a market participant will provide or consume, rather how the market is regulated.

You can have command econcomy and perhaps be able to fill the market with all the prodcts that you have but still you are regulating it centrally, which could be not sustainable (according to the theory, at least).

There are also poor countries which still tried to adhere to the idea of market economy, they could win one day, according to the theory, at least again.

You obviously favored the idea of centrally planning and that is far from the idea of decentralised market based economy.

ZEMEN

Post by ZEMEN » 12 Jan 2021, 17:38

DefendTheTruth wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 16:59
ZEMEN wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 16:36

In my understanding market and command economy are not about the product a market participant will provide or consume, rather how the market is regulated.

You can have command econcomy and perhaps be able to fill the market with all the prodcts that you have but still you are regulating it centrally, which could be not sustainable (according to the theory, at least).

There are also poor countries which still tried to adhere to the idea of market economy, they could win one day, according to the theory, at least again.

You obviously favored the idea of centrally planning and that is far from the idea of decentralised market based economy.
I admit i have no idea about economy but i am guessing it is all about splay and demand while selling and baying. If i was Ethiopian PM; I will directly go in to modern Agriculture. Ethiopia have people, fertile land and water and huge market for food and dairy product, the Arabs. An economy of westerns doesn't and can't work in Africa. That is the very reason why corruption is all over Africa and Ethiopia. What i am saying is let's go back to basics and build an economy from bottom up.

temari

Post by temari » 12 Jan 2021, 18:07

ZEMEN wrote:
temari wrote:
This is private money man. Even though I don't support investing this kind of money on clubs, the government can't just tell people where they should invest their money. I understand your point but I don't think the Eritrean system works in Ethiopia. Ethiopia is a very big and complex country, very different from Eritrea and there is no way the Eritrean system will be accepted in Ethiopia. If the government tries so, it will not last long. People will not understand it. We have just different mentality and way of life.