Member+

Iconic media personality breaks silence

Post by eden » 17 Sep 2020, 21:02

TGAA
Member+

Re: Iconic media personality breaks silence

Post by TGAA » 17 Sep 2020, 23:04

I wiill say couple of things :

Beth, you are not apolitical you are political.
As a journalist though you can side but you have to bring the other side of the story --
you have said nothing, nothing about the 400 Ethiopians who have been killed because of who they were. Just for fairness' sake.
Beth yourr narration has been repeated ad nauseam -- It isn't because you Oromos are not in high enchlone oof the federal and state postion . Actually Oromos are leading 120 Ethiopans , but the question has not been for justice and equality-- its about imposing oromfia on Ethiopa in general -- all the victomhood is a pretex where there is none. What Ethiopans need is to sit and discuss how to build a new Ethiopa without impostion one's will one on onother. We can bulit brothrhood and sisterhood among the Ethiopan people by building bridges not walls. I know it is a cliché but true.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 17 Sep 2020, 23:50

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 18 Sep 2020, 03:01

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 18 Sep 2020, 03:22

"iconic media personality"

I opened the thread hoping you might have someone of older generations and keen observations of the media industry.

Betelehem Tefesa is said to have studied Pharmacy but then opted to change her career to "journalism" without studying the field in proper in this case. She got the attention of the people just because of her deggedly style of questioning her interview partner, even when she herself may not have yet understood well what she wants to get to in her interview.

Don't you think this could be an insult to those great men and women working in the industry and trying to bring it forward from where they inherited from their predecessors when you come out and call someone "iconic media personality" who has not even studied the field as a scientific discipline ?

Follower

Post by Follower » 18 Sep 2020, 03:47

ኣጋመን የወደሱትን ሰው ጠናማ ኣይደለም።its always the opposite.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 18 Sep 2020, 08:56

TGAA wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 23:04
What Ethiopans need is to sit and discuss how to build a new Ethiopa
Yes, as simple as that. Jailing is not the answer. That’s her exact point as well.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 18 Sep 2020, 09:13

eden wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 08:56
TGAA wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 23:04
What Ethiopans need is to sit and discuss how to build a new Ethiopa
Yes, as simple as that. Jailing is not the answer. That’s her exact point as well.
if you think someone may kill someone else and shouldn't be jailed for that, then it shows where you come from and who you are.

Do you think that people have deserved to be killed at the will of others?

Betlehem Tefesa is not a journalist, get that correct first.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 18 Sep 2020, 09:20

DefendTheDictator,

When the dictator releases them, then what? Are you going to ask the dictator be jailed or keep supporting him? Because, according to you, he would be setting killers free. Let’s wait and see

Who said she’s journalist or not by the way? You read what’s not there and you react to it lol

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 18 Sep 2020, 10:43

eden wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 09:20
DefendTheDictator,

When the dictator releases them, then what? Are you going to ask the dictator be jailed or keep supporting him? Because, according to you, he would be setting killers free. Let’s wait and see

Who said she’s journalist or not by the way? You read what’s not there and you react to it lol
If the government of PM Abiy Ahmed is going to release people who are accomplice to the tragic killings of many many innocents, then I will not be on that boat with it.

BTW. I am not supporting the government, but the road to developing and strengethening democratic institutions in the country.

Calling for violence to topple the government will only undermine the efforts being undertaken in that direction, and this will only lead us all to lose at the end.

Only the thieves are calling to weaken the democratic institutions being built and the efforts undertaken in that respect in the country.

Could you tell me now how Abiy Ahmed is a dictator in your own understanding of the word?

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 25 Sep 2020, 12:58

DefendTheTruth wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 10:43
If the government of PM Abiy Ahmed is going to release people who are accomplice to the tragic killings of many many innocents, then I will not be on that boat with it.
Good for you! At least, you are consistent in your stupidity

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 25 Sep 2020, 14:29

eden wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 12:58
DefendTheTruth wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 10:43
Good for you! At least, you are consistent in your stupidity
You came back to just drop such a short phrase and disappear again?

You claimed about an "iconic media personality" and asked back about how that could be, after which you retracted your own claim.

Then you jumped to demanding "jailing is not an answer" and I asked back again how on earth should someone be not jailed if that someone is found to be involved in some way to killing innocent people and you simply claimed then further PM Abiy Ahmed is going to release those who are jailed on suspicion of being involved in the killings.

I simply said that I will not be part of that setup and you now call me stupid. I didn't claim about my ingenuity at any time before, there are many things that we don't know and we should be ready to learn, if there are others who are ready to teach us. You are invited to come and teach me, failing to do so should prove your terminal stupidity, who can never learn.

justo

Post by justo » 25 Sep 2020, 14:44

eden wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 09:20
DefendTheDictator,

Whom you calling dictator? Abiy? That is why we hold you in low such regard. We are totally autistic to your moans and groans, when you scream, we think you're laughing