Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
AbebeB
Member+

In Defense of Dawud Ibsa: Let credit be due where it belongs!

Post by AbebeB » 13 Sep 2020, 14:22

By Bedassa Tadesse (Dr)

Disclaimer: I am an Oromo. I have my opinions just like anyone. What is stated below is my sole opinion and represents no one else’s. The note is my response to those who are attempting to discredit the contributions of Dawud Ibsa to the Oromo cause.

Dawud Ibsa, the Iron man of the OLF, a man of steel determination and unshakable faith in the Oromo cause and what holds for Oromia, has many detractors: internal as well as external.

Internal are those suckers and losers (I call them Maggots-baby flies or the larvae of a fly that feed on a medium/matter, alive or dead) who can’t carry the weight Dawud Ibsa has been carrying for years even for a single day, and yet they pretend to act as though they have the backbone to stand the weight of something as heavy as the Oromo struggle. They live for themselves but want to appear as heroes to the Oromo public. By virtue of who they are and what they are living for, day-in and day-out, they envy the respect Dawud Ibsa garners from his people and his sworn enemies. They despise his achievements, abominate his character and determination even if they know that Dawud never counts his achievements without giving them credits. Ask them privately, they will proudly tell you that they had no idea about how he manages to see things coming his way miles away. They will hiss at you by saying ” I really don’t know how he pulls the strings together”. I can name names; and who said what and when. However, I refrain from doing so for the Oromo public knows them well.

External are those sworn enemies of the Oromo people who wish that the Oromo nation crumbles like bread crumbs and the Oromo cause wilts away like a seedling or a 100-year-old tree whose bark is cut limiting its ability to circulate essential nutrients to its branches. These are power-thirsty, structurally deficient, and willfully ignorant people who have come to power in Ethiopia, and more than we can count declared that the OLF as dead, buried, or broken beyond repairable damage.

In the past, both the internal and external detractors of Dawud Ibsa and the Oromo cause have worked together like hand-in gloves. They have done their best to infiltrate the OLF and cause havoc in the organization resulting in the loss of precious lives of a number of Oromo youth and intellectuals. There were times when these efforts have paid the enemy well bringing the OLF to its knees.

As gigantic as it is, the organization has survived time and again the sinister works of these internal and external sworn enemies. It has thrived to the extent Oromos are now proudly saying “even the yet to be conceived or unborn Oromo child would come to our world as an OLF.” Let credit be due where it deserves; a large chunk of this achievement is due to Dawud Ibsa (the man who not only survived state-sponsored violence of all types (prison, poisoning, and assassination attempts) but also his leadership (confidence, courage, and character) that brought us thus far.

It is obvious that our enemies would not rest and leave no stone unturned if they see it serve their goals. Since 2018 when the OLF leadership returned to Oromia, the Abiy government has worked harder than ever to weaken, discredit and dismantle the OLF and Dawud Ibsa’s leadership. To cite one example, mere three days after the OLF leadership was greeted with millions of Oromos in Finfinnee (on September 18, 2018) a group of five top-ranking OPDO officials including Lama Magarssa, met in a hotel in Jimma and devised a three-point plan to destroy the OLF and Dawud Ibsa: a) luring away members of the OLF leadership by offering them enticing incentives (money, sex, and access) they may find harder to refuse; b) attacking Dawud Ibsa by focusing on his age and long years of leadership; c) wedging a gap among the OLF, WBO (OLA), and the Oromo public.

Many of us were aware of who among the OLF leadership was selected as the target for this project, what offer was extended, and who among them accepted the offer thanks to the very rogue personal traits and sometimes often publicly displayed whims of these people. Sex-tapes and phone conversations/ text messages some of these Maggots with OPDOs can be presented as vivid exhibits.

The OPDOs have used all governmental apparatus attacking Dawud Ibsa’s age and length of his service as the Chairman of the OLF only to realize that the more they brought the subject up, it backfired on them to the extent of making Abiy Ahmed realize very early on that Dawud Ibsa is loved and heard among the Oromo public, among other things because as an elder, he has the wisdom that makes him charismatic (thinking positively, having optimism, self-confidence, being persuasive, and building the respect and trust of others) – a quality that no one in the OPDO circles, nor those that Abiy tried to buy out (such as Leenco Lata, Diimaa Nago, Galaasaa Dilboo, etc) can offer.

As to their third option, wedging a gap between Dawud Ibsa, and the OLA (WBO), and the Oromo public, it suffices to remind everyone that it was no other than Dawud Ibsa that reorganized, structured, and deployed WBO in such a way that it can survive foreseeable challenges years before he returned home. When the chips fell in place, he systematically outmaneuvered the OPDOs, Abiy Ahmed, including Oromo politicians like Bekele Gerba and Jawar Mohamed (who tried everything they can to disarm/destroy the OLA) by handing over the OLA (WBO) to the Oromo public. Who else, other than Dawud Ibsa could have pulled such a trigger? To the best of my knowledge, Maggots could NOT do that. I wonder what kind of a parent would not teach their children survival strategies when they are faced with adversity!

There may be many things one can blame Dawud Ibsa, including his patience to allow maggots thrive in the organization. However, I cannot see how anyone with a right mind and rational thinking dares to blame Dawud for his 21 years of selfless sacrifice, shouldering the burden of the Oromo struggle, and reviving the OLA from the brink of extinction to its current state, handing them over to the Oromo public, and the love and respect he garners among the Oromo public just for doing that.

Just for a moment, let’s barricade our heads with barbed wire and assume that Maggots are correct – that Dawud Ibsa’s leadership, as they claimed, has failed them and the Oromo struggle. Even then we would be forced to ask ourselves what have the maggots been doing all these years to save the OLF and the Oromo cause from collapsing? Is joining the Abiy Ahmed government that dreams to resurrect Menilik’s Ethiopia the solution? Where do we find individuals that Dawud’s leadership ejected from the OLF? In the Oromo camp or working for the enemy of the Oromo? It is the consistent answer to these questions that makes me say, well maggots are maggots and their blame can’t hold water. Indeed, they stink!

To conclude, I can see that the Oromo cause is infested with maggots who are generally easy to spot, most of them being at least as big as a thumbnail. They crawl both in and out of our organization. It is important that we get rid of them as quickly as we can: finding the infested areas, crushing the eggs they might have laid, and cleaning the surfaces thoroughly.
Horaa Bulaa!

tolcha

Re: In Defense of Dawud Ibsa: Let credit be due where it belongs!

Post by tolcha » 13 Sep 2020, 17:59

Hmmm,
I respect the guy, but I don't like the way he ha does his company and the struggle, so finally he was deceived and walked to hyenas den. RIP! What about the other officials? We will see where they are heading?

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 13 Sep 2020, 20:56

tolcha wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:59
Hmmm,
I respect the guy, but I don't like the way he ha does his company and the struggle, so finally he was deceived and walked to hyenas den. RIP! What about the other officials? We will see where they are heading?
tolcha,

Where they are heading can be inferred from Amharic politicians shout. The Amharic traditional politicians always applaud what is against the interest of Oromo. Therefore, the apparently loud shout of habesha camp in favor of the splinter group tells us that the splinter group is about to join them or to be surrogate of their interest.

Anyways, the good thing is that the elephant remained in the room. There is no worry. It is rather good to further purify our liberation camp. WBO is also coming soon!

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 13 Sep 2020, 21:20

tolcha wrote:
Hmmm,
You say he was deceived? :lol: :lol:
But the leadership says that they were deceived. So whom do I have to believe, you, a single balleessa or the tested and enlightened leadership group? :mrgreen:

I am not a politician but yet may I ask politely as to who is deceiving whom in such matters at such a time? I think that every one may be equally honest and or equally deceiver when it comes to such matters taking place in such a country and such city. They should have stood firm together like me (Sun) from the get go as agreed and joined the peaceful struggle with 100% commitment so that all of their members may join the peaceful struggle and earn their lives and livelihoods peacefully and according to their capacities, experiences and long standing accumulated know-hows. The worst case scenario is disrespecting each other and disobeying rules and commonsense so as to endanger public safety and citizens nominal securities.

They have now made separation just like the many previous separations in which case both parties need to forget sweat headed agitated cadres, calming down and minding their own peaceful business as well as behave like adults in peaceful damage controlling manners in stead of keep adding salt to each other's wounds. They were granted amnesty and invited back home after some 30 long years so that they may conduct their political business and other businesses absolutely peacefully, nothing but peacefully. BINGO!

But then they have been constantly blamed for sending armed groups in to Mamma Oromiya's the forest to disrupt Oromo lives and livings as if there is no tomorrow, knowing that Mamma Oromiya and Mamma Ethiopia are being ruled by the egalitarian and democratic transformational Oromo leaders who dutifully traveled all the way up to Eritrea and brought this organization home, sweet home. 8)

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 13 Sep 2020, 21:43

AbebeB wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 20:56
tolcha wrote:
Hmmm,
tolcha,

Where they are heading can be inferred from Amharic politicians shout. The Amharic traditional politicians always applaud what is against the interest of Oromo. Therefore, the apparently loud shout of habesha camp in favor of the splinter group tells us that the splinter group is about to join them or to be surrogate of their interest. :roll:

Anyways, the good thing is that the elephant remained in the room. There is no worry. It is rather good to further purify our liberation camp. WBO is also coming soon!

You have the right to your opinion but yet what do you mean really? Didn't the movement and the leaders come home under the amnesty and forgiveness of the incumbent Oromo leadership, exclusively agreeing to conduct political business and other businesses peacefully, nothing but peacefully? :shock:

If the leadership group disowns Obbo Daud and joins the agreed peaceful struggle to contribute their own share means that they are only conforming to the terms and conditions of being granted amnesty and on that basis coming to their home.

Why spoil their own, the government's, Mamma Oromiyya's and mamma Ethiopia's spectacular colorful peace deal carnivals? Last but not least, you should know that no one single party (movement) can rule over 110 million people without affiliating and cooperating with other nations and nationalities regardless of your self serving oversimplifications and blame blaming constant drumming games, otherwise you will resemble exactly the perfect photocopy of all those few extremist wing of the die hard amara fanatics.

In the past we were accustomed to blaming Menelik backed Goobans but now days we are suffering from tplf backed modern Goobanas
. Yasazinal Ekko! :oops:

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 13 Sep 2020, 22:37

I personally do not know whether Daud was the leader of OLF or not prior to two years ago. My understanding of him spans within the last two years. I found him to be an uniformed politician.
When he came from Asmara, he should have known, he had no the power or cult to call the shot.
At that time the Abiye administration could written him off. He was not a threat. He was vacationing in Asmara, and If he had behaved badly, he would have been forced to relocate, but there was no place on earth that could take him in. In essence the Abiy administration gave him a new political lease in life . The guy is dumb. He thought he was the one who could call the shot. Yes, Ayatollah and company might have misled him, but after nearly half century if he cannot think by himself f ... him.
Yes, those guys who pushed him out did the right thing.
Like those who holed up in Mekele hotels, he is totally out of tune of the world of today. Like them he has not shown any sign that he could learn. Good riddance.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 14 Sep 2020, 22:21

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 22:37
I personally do not know whether Daud was the leader of OLF or not prior to two years ago. My understanding of him spans within the last two years. I found him to be an uniformed politician.
When he came from Asmara, he should have known, he had no the power or cult to call the shot.
At that time the Abiye administration could written him off. He was not a threat. He was vacationing in Asmara, and If he had behaved badly, he would have been forced to relocate, but there was no place on earth that could take him in. In essence the Abiy administration gave him a new political lease in life . The guy is dumb. He thought he was the one who could call the shot. Yes, Ayatollah and company might have misled him, but after nearly half century if he cannot think by himself f ... him.
Like those who holed up in Mekele hotels, he is totally out of tune of the world of today. Like them he has not shown any sign that he could learn. Good riddance.
Hmm... :P

I am not a politician but yet I refrain from judging a book only from its cover alone, metaphorically speaking.
Yes Obbo Daud may be silent and rarely makes animated public speeches in terms of raising emotions and putting people to go on the move but yet can we judge him only from such behavior not knowing what actually he was/is able to do with his silence?

Every one should be made to respect the law and any agreement they entered to, but yet even under disagreements some levels of sympathy and humanity needs to be applied so that communities and societies may remain intact but not devastated, to say the least.

" What's the third metric beyond money and power? I think it's a combination of well-being and wisdom. Because the problem also with defining success just in terms of money and power means that people feel that they have to work around the clock, burn out, and the result is people making terrible decisions." ~Arianna Huffington

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 15 Sep 2020, 11:57

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 22:37
Sam
Your knowledge about our leader doesn’t matter at this stage. If you are planning to get scholarship in Oromia, it will become your obligation about Oromo history one of which is history of our struggle for freedom and regaining of Oromia. In that case it will become your willy-nilly duty to thoroughly study the identity of our contemporary leader. And then you will find him have no comparison apart from very few ones such as Mandella, the trainee of G/Tadese Biru, pioneer of our struggle for freedom.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 16 Sep 2020, 11:07

News and supports among Oromos around the world is unanimously like this: