Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
YAY

Tigraiy PLF's Unconstitutional Elections are Over now, What is Next?

Post by YAY » 14 Sep 2020, 02:42

Tigraiy PLF's Unconstitutional Elections are Over now, What is Next?
Elections are done and gone. TPLF leaders were sloganeering to firmly uphold their "line" (ideological line) and move on forward. TPLF & Co. seem to be happy that the People went to the polls and voted for their representatives and this was the first of its kind. Is this an admission that the People's Republic of Tigraiy had never had popular elections since 1991? Has TPLF's Revolutionary Democracy given way to Liberal Democracy?

Mr. Getachew Reda (member of TPLF's Executive Committee) is no more "that optimistic". He lists several "if scenarios" and uncertainties, including the possibility of the formation of a "state-like" government of Tigraiy in a warlords-type of respectful relationship with the Nationl/Federal Government of Etiyopiya. The goals of the Tigraiy people's struggle have been forgotten, and the TPLF seems to be on a free fall.
Please wait, video is loading...

Awash
Senior Member+

Re: Tigraiy PLF's Unconstitutional Elections are Over now, What is Next?

Post by Awash » 14 Sep 2020, 02:49

YOYO,
I thought, for a minute, you were going to talk about Eritrean elections and constitution
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

abel qael

Post by abel qael » 14 Sep 2020, 02:53

WHICH CONSTITUTION ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NOW? FINALLY, HAMASENAY LOOTINESHES ARE NOT ONLY REVERING WEYANE CONSITUTION , BUT THEY ARE SEEMINGLY READY TO DEFEND IT FROM TRANSGRESSORS, THIS SHOWS THE OLD TIGRAYAN SAYING, " MANTILE HAMASENAY ZELILA ZELILA NAB TIGRAWAY MEREBETA", STILL HOLDS TRUE.
NICE TRYY, BUT TRY MORE.

Follower

Post by Follower » 14 Sep 2020, 03:14

No next move at all,,they stepped on a banana peel.
ኣይተ ስብሃት has explained it well here,
እንታይ ሒዝና ኢና ክትግንጸል?

YAY

Post by YAY » 14 Sep 2020, 03:38

Dear Awash: I am talking about TPLF's elections in Tigraiy, Etiyopiya

What do you have to say about the recent TPLF elections, and any consequences.If your eyes see Eritrea in place of Tigraiy, then, you may need to see an eye/mental doctor.

We have discussed about the Constitution and elections in Eritrea before, and we need to have both the sooner the better. I don't think Yemane Gebraab could have been lying if he said what is presented in your video piece 13 years ago. The 1997 Constitution, a constitution without effective starting date, stated essentially the same. Non-partisan local elections are still periodically done in Eritrea, and I can't wait for the completion of the coming constitution (the formation of a Republic) and conduction of new national elections. It is impossible to predict when, but most likely after the Etiyo-Eritrean border is demarcated on the ground. The situation in Etiyopiya (and the status of TPLF) is related to strengthening of Etiyo-Eritrean peace as well as the border demarcation; and the reason for this topic.
Awash wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 02:49
YOYO,
I thought, for a minute, you were going to talk about Eritrean elections and constitution.
Last edited by YAY on 14 Sep 2020, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.

YAY

Post by YAY » 14 Sep 2020, 04:16

Dear Abdel qael: I am talking about the Etiyopiyan Constitution, and Tigraiy is still part of Etiyopiya

I have heard Getachew Reda say "We have the right to secede", but Tigraiy has not departed yet. Yes, according to the current Constitution of Etiyopiya, the People of Tigraiy have the right to self-determination up to secession, and I do respect that right, but Article 39 states the procedure to do so, and no referendum has been conducted yet. Unless Tigraiy leaves Etiyopiya peacefully, any unilateral declaration of independence or de facto State in Tigraiy shall invite troubles (the effects of lack of peaceful life, conflicts, wars, etc.) into Tigraiy (whose borderlines are not settled with neighbors), and regardless of what the elites believe, I don't want the People of Tigraiy to face such troubles anymore.

I am not trying to defend the Constitution of Etiyopiya but I am pointing out the problems that may follow from the stands TPLF leadership is taking vis-a-vis the Federal Government of Etiyopiya. There is a set of laws that is common to the Tigraiy Kellil and the Federal Government that both took oath to abide by. Political opinions/decisions are not the same with legal opinions/decisions, and that is where the TPLF leadership is erring, I think. The TPLF leadership's stance of defiance (based on political opinion only), without legal grounds from a decision by an Etiyopiyan court of law, puts it in a very weak position. That is the main reason why TPLF leadership is losing the right direction (a direction that pursues peace).That is not good for the People.
abel qael wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 02:53
WHICH CONSTITUTION ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NOW? FINALLY, HAMASENAY LOOTINESHES ARE NOT ONLY REVERING WEYANE CONSITUTION , BUT THEY ARE SEEMINGLY READY TO DEFEND IT FROM TRANSGRESSORS, THIS SHOWS THE OLD TIGRAYAN SAYING, " MANTILE HAMASENAY ZELILA ZELILA NAB TIGRAWAY MEREBETA", STILL HOLDS TRUE.
NICE TRYY, BUT TRY MORE.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 14 Sep 2020, 08:13

YOYO,
WHY BOTHER ABOUT MY NEIGHBORS' ELECTIONS?
I just mind my own business without interfering in somebody else's. Unless you are Tigrawai like wedi medhin and his deqi komarit stooges, let's talk about the totalitarian SElection and higdef mendef dictatorship
YAY wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 03:38
Dear Awash: I am talking about TPLF's elections in Tigraiy, Etiyopiya

What do you have to say about the recent TPLF elections, and any consequences.If your eyes see Eritrea in place of Tigraiy, then, you may need to see an eye/mental doctor.

We have discussed about the Constitution and elections in Eritrea before, and we need to have both the sooner the better. I don't think Yemane Gebraab could have been lying if he said what is presented in your video piece 13 years ago. The 1997 Constitution, a constitution without effective starting date, stated essentially the same. Non-partisan local elections are still periodically done in Eritrea, and I can't wait for the completion of the coming constitution (the formation of a Republic) and conduction of new national elections. It is impossible to predict when, but most likely after the Etiyo-Eritrean border is demarcated on the ground. The situation in Etiyopiya (and the status of TPLF) is related to strengthening of Etiyo-Eritrean peace as well as the border demarcation; and the reason for this topic.
Awash wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 02:49
YOYO,
I thought, for a minute, you were going to talk about Eritrean elections and constitution.