Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Who is Lycee Gebre Mariam ( Lycée Guébré-Mariam)?

Post by DefendTheTruth » 29 Aug 2020, 14:03

Does anyone in here know the person behind the name and the difference between Lise Gebre Mariam and Gebre Mariam?

I only heard of the school in Addis named after Lise Gebre Mariam.
Last edited by DefendTheTruth on 30 Aug 2020, 05:05, edited 2 times in total.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Re: Who is Lise Gebre Mariam?

Post by Degnet » 29 Aug 2020, 14:15

DefendTheTruth wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 14:03
Does anyone in here know the person behind the name and the difference between Lise Gebre Mariam and Gebre Mariam?

It might be the name of the school I think,take it from me ye kristna sme Gebremariam new.Servant of Saint Mary.Orthodox Church.Weim ye Mariam barya(Pushkin in his poems fighting the Turks) From Dostojevski’s The Idiot.It is a prophesy(People like Halafi Mengedi/Turk) I loved the poem,I am a nationalist.
Last edited by Degnet on 29 Aug 2020, 14:59, edited 3 times in total.

Qurunde

Post by Qurunde » 29 Aug 2020, 14:31

Dejazmach Gebremariam Gari was a patriot who fought Italian invaders. Lycee is a French word to say Secondary/High school. The Neftegna Government doesn't like to give the full name when the second name is an Oromo name. That is why they don't mention Gari. Same for Fitewurari Habtegorgis, they do not like to add Dinagde.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 29 Aug 2020, 14:36

Why don’t you even see the name change of emperor Haileslassie from Teferi,Teodros and Yohannes

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 29 Aug 2020, 14:56

Be dro gize ye Shewan mekuannt enji Amaran be teklala ye yetela alneberem

tlel

Post by tlel » 29 Aug 2020, 15:04

Who is Defend The Truth?

People becareful, those who are posing Ethiopians who ever they are, they are collecting information in order to destroy Ethiopia's history. Defen The Truth most likely Shabian collecting information. Look, most Shabians hate Tigrayans but they work with Tplf, that is why Dr Aby and Co are pampering Tplf till this day because Dr Aby and Aba Dula are pro Shabia, little do they know Shabia wants Oromo/Dr Aby and Aba Dula to have revenge against the other wing of Tplf and Tigray who betrayed Shabia that is all. In the meantime, Shabia pretends to be pro Ethiopia because it wants support to get rid of the OTHER wing of Tplf but not the main Tplf whose leader is Sebhat Nega and Co. After all Sebhat Nega's sister works for Isayas Afewerki. They are all connceted! What happens after they weakened Tigray and the other side of Tplf who betrayed Shabia, then like Tarik, Sofia (who is the Eritrean Ambassador who goes around the world promoting Eritrea but demonizing Ethiopia) is proof enough the aim to hurt Ethiopia still exists within Shabia camp. Once again, those that used to be Eprp group such as Berhanu, Tsige which i forgot his first name, are being tricked and deceived by Shabia because Isayas/shabia never never reveal its true agenda and plan as well as those foreign elements who support them.
Last edited by tlel on 29 Aug 2020, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 29 Aug 2020, 15:31

Qurunde wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 14:31
Dejazmach Gebremariam Gari was a patriot who fought Italian invaders. Lycee is a French word to say Secondary/High school. The Neftegna Government doesn't like to give the full name when the second name is an Oromo name. That is why they don't mention Gari. Same for Fitewurari Habtegorgis, they do not like to add Dinagde.
I know Fitewurari Habte Giorgis Dinagde is also called Quse Dinagde. Is Quse (ቁሴ) not an Oromo word?

If a well known school in the capital city of the country is named after his (Gebre Mariam's) name, then I don't think he is anyone who might have been disadvantaged by the system of "Neftegna" (if he himself is not a "Neftegna").

I have also got my christen name, and many people I know of have got one as well in the community I grew up in, and that was the norm during those days.

For your information i have also got my Ammachisa Name (where I was blessed by an Ayyantu) and the community I grew up in followed both traditional beliefs and that of the Christianity parallelly and still lived in harmony with each other. Don't you think that would have been a better place to live in than what we have today?

Do you also know where Ato Gebre Mariam Gari was born in (region, province etc.)?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 29 Aug 2020, 15:42

tlel wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 15:04
Who is Defend The Truth?

People becareful, those who are posing Ethiopians who ever they are, they are collecting information in order to destroy Ethiopia's history. Defen The Truth most likely Shabian collecting information. Look, most Shabians hate Tigrayans but they work with Tplf, that is why Dr Aby and Co are pampering Tplf till this day because Dr Aby and Aba Dula are pro Shabia, little do they know Shabia wants Oromo/Dr Aby and Aba Dula to have revenge against the other wing of Tplf and Tigray who betrayed Shabia that is all. In the meantime, Shabia pretends to be pro Ethiopia because it wants support to get rid of the OTHER wing of Tplf but not the main Tplf who control Sebhat Nega. After all Sebhat Nega's sister works for Isayas Afewerki. They are all connceted! What happens after they weakened Tigray and the other side of Tplf who betrayed Shabia, then like Tarik, Sofia (who is the Eritrean Ambassador who goes around the world promoting Eritrea but demonizing Ethiopia) is proof enough the aim to hurt Ethiopia still exists within Shabia camp. Once again, those that used to be Eprp group such as Berhanu, Tsige which i forgot his last name, are being tricked and deceived by Shabia because Isayas/shabia never never reveal its true agenda and plan as well as those foreign elements who support them.
Is the name of Lise Gebre Mariam a classified secret of the state or that of those who consider themselves the only vanguard of the common country of all?

How many dose of the substance did you smoke today? Try to reduce the dose for tomorrow, else you will risk hurting yourself in the ensuing intoxication .

tlel

Post by tlel » 29 Aug 2020, 15:44

In future these heroes Ethiopia must be commemorated once again! Not just Dej G/Mariam, but also Bekele Weya, Balcha Aba Safo. Yes, there are enemies of these heroes within Amara killils. After all if you believe in Ethiopia, you have to recognize ALL of its citizens. This doesn't mean we want the fanatic Tplf or Olf or liberation fronts who use ethnic as an agenda to be in power. We have seen it what happened under Tplf. We must protect Shewa! Those liberation front fanatics or within Amara fanantics can affect the heroism of all these great people who left us intact Ethiopia for sole purpose of ruling based on ethnicity. This is the reason our kings, Ase Tedros, Minilik, H Selassie are hated because they were ruling based on democracy and trying to improve towards development and democracy until liberation fronts were hired by colonialists to affect Ethiopia

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 29 Aug 2020, 16:04

tlel wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 15:44
Balcha Aba Safo.
Man, try to smoke less!
Simply you smoked too much today.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 29 Aug 2020, 16:16

tlel wrote:
In future these heroes Ethiopia must be commemorated once again! Not just Dej G/Mariam, but also Bekele Weya, Balcha Aba Safo. Yes, there are enemies of these heroes within Amara killils. After all if you believe in Ethiopia, you have to recognize ALL of its citizens. This doesn't mean we want the fanatic Tplf or Olf or liberation fronts who use ethnic as an agenda to be in power. We have seen it what happened under Tplf. We must protect Shewa! Those liberation front fanatics or within Amara fanantics can affect the heroism of all these great people who left us intact Ethiopia for sole purpose of ruling based on ethnicity. This is the reason our kings, Ase Tedros, Minilik, H Selassie are hated because they were ruling based on democracy and trying to improve towards development and democracy until liberation fronts were hired by colonialists to affect Ethiopia
Lemn lelelaw tenish fkir atasayem sle enezih negestat ye hone kefu tenagere alawkem

tlel

Post by tlel » 29 Aug 2020, 17:19

DefendTheTruth wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 16:04
tlel wrote:
Balcha Aba Safo.
Man, try to smoke less!
Defend,

Why did you quote Dejazmach's name? Anything wrong?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 30 Aug 2020, 04:57

tlel wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 17:19
DefendTheTruth wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 16:04
tlel wrote:
Balcha Aba Safo.
Man, try to smoke less!
Defend,

Why did you quote Dejazmach's name? Anything wrong?
Trying to know some known personalities in one's own community is trying to know one's own history better. I wonder where you get the smell of about if something is wrong. Did I imply in anyway about that?

tlel

Re: Who is Lycee Gebre Mariam ( Lycée Guébré-Mariam)?

Post by tlel » 04 Sep 2020, 01:43

Is Defend The Truth = Sun?

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 09 Sep 2020, 20:39

Degnet wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 14:15
DefendTheTruth wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 14:03

It might be the name of the school I think,take it from me ye kristna sme Gebremariam new.Servant of Saint Mary.Orthodox Church.Weim ye Mariam barya(Pushkin in his poems fighting the Turks) From Dostojevski’s The Idiot.It is a prophesy(People like Halafi Mengedi/Turk) I loved the poem,I am a nationalist.
የእኔ ክፍለማርያም ነዉ። የወደፊት ዉይይት የእኔ የኣንተ ክርስትና ሰይሆን ገብረ እና መስቀል መሰረታቸዉ ኢትዮጵያ ሆኖ ገብረመስቀልን እንዴት እንደ ክርስትና ስም ተቀበልን እና ፈረኦኖችን እንዴት በጅምላ ኣማረርን የሚሉ ኣይመስልህም?

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 09 Sep 2020, 21:53

Idiot! What about Haile Selassie University, Menilik Hospital, Balcha Hospital, Taitu Hotel, General Wingate, Mulugeta Buli,...?

Last name (Father's name) is generally less relevant in Ethiopian context.

Qurunde wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 14:31

Horus
Senior Member+

Re: Who is Lycee Gebre Mariam ( Lycée Guébré-Mariam)?

Post by Horus » 09 Sep 2020, 23:44

እኔ በዚህ ቅዱስ ቀን ንትርክ ወስጥ መግባት አልፈልግም። እንቁጣጣሽ የኬርማይ ወይም አክራሚ (የሰላም ቀን፣ ቅዱስ ቀን) ይባላል ። ግ ን ዝም ብለው ለሰማችሁ የማትሉ ዉሸት የለም ። ሃብተጎርጊስ (ሃብተገርጊስ) ዲነግዴ የጨቦ ጉራጌ ነው ። ቃሉም የጊራጌኛ ቃል ነው። ገብረማሪያም ጋሪ ጉራጌ ነው። እስከዛሬ ድረስ ጋሪ በጉራጌም በጂዳ ኦሮሞ (ጉራጌ/ኦሮሞ ድብልቆች)። ቀሶ እንኳን የሰው ስም መሆን ብቻ አይደለም፣ ዛሬ አንዱ የክስታኔ ጉራጌ ጎሳ ቀሶ ይባላሉ። ለምን እነዚህን ሰዎች አተዏቸውም ማለትም ባልቻ ሰፎ፣ ቀሶ ዲነግዴ፣ አሁን ደሞ ገብረማሪያ ጋሪ ። ጋሪ የሚለው ቃል ኦሮሞች ናቸው ከሴምኛ የተዋሱት ። ኬር ወይም በወሎ ኬይር፣ ሄይር ፍጹም የሴም ቃል ነው። ሰላም፣ ደህንነት ፣ ዌልነሥ ማለት ነው ። ጋሪ የዚያ ቃል እርባታ ማለት የስም ፎርም ነው። ለምሳሌ ስሜ የሚለው የሰው ስም ውሰዱ ለምሳሌ አለሙ ስሜ፣ ብርቱካን መደቅሳ ስሜ። ስሜ እና ሲማ አንድ ዘር ሲሆኑ በመላ ሸዋ የጉራጌ ተራ ስም ነው ። ከታች የጸጋዬ ስሜ ዘፈን አሰማችኋለሁ ። ለምሳሌ ጸጋዬ ደንድአ አሬዶ ወሰዱ ። አሬዶ ማለት ወልዴ፣ ወልድ ማለት ነው ። ግዕዝ ብቻ ሳይሆን ተራ የጉራጌ ስም ነው ። አረዳ፣ አርዴ ይባላል። የጉራጌ ቄሮች አርዴ እና ዘርማ ይባላሉ ፣ ወጣት ትወልድ ማለት ነው። ስለዚህ በማታቁት ነገር አትዘባርቁ ።

melkam Akrami

Enjoy the classic Alem Brie by Tigist Gari (ትግስት ጋሪ) !! አለም ብሬ ማለት አለም ብርሃን፣ ወብ አለም፣ ቆንጆ ማለት !!

አህን ደሞ የጸጋዬ ስሜ ነጆ አራጆ የጉራጌ አርዴዎች ዝላይ እስፖርት ባህል እንጆይ አድርጉ !!!

ታልቁ ባለ ቲያትር ተስፋዬ ሲማ
እስቲ ኢትዮጵያዊነትን ትንሽ ቅመሱ ላመት በአሉ !!