Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

ኢትዮጵያ የሰራልሽ ሰይሆን፣ የምስርቅሽ የምከብርበት አገር

Post by DefendTheTruth » 22 May 2020, 16:45

ምንም ብሆን የአገር መሪ ቤተሰብ ነበሩ፣ ለአገርም ክብር ሰባል ልዩ እንክብካቤ ይገባቸው ነበር።

You shouldn't treat someone who was carrying out so much responsibility for the country, there should be some privilege for a leader of a country; in addition to the required accountability.

I just listened to half of the video and couldn't believe it.

ያሳዝናል።

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: ኢትዮጵያ የሰራልሽ ሰይሆን፣ የምስርቅሽ የምከብርበት አገር

Post by DefendTheTruth » 22 May 2020, 17:18

A very sad story.

If someone may happen to organize support fund-raising for these two innocent souls, specially Dereje, I will be glad to contribute my little share.

It is a touching story, I am not sure if I missed the video all along or it was not released on time.

wey Ethiopia!

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 22 May 2020, 18:04

DefendTheTruth wrote:
22 May 2020, 17:18
A very sad story.

If someone may happen to organize support fund-raising for these two innocent souls, specially Dereje, I will be glad to contribute my little share.

It is a touching story, I am not sure if I missed the video all along or it was not released on time.

wey Ethiopia!
Defend,

This video has been out for a long time. It was nice to hear the family life of President Mengisto Hailemariam from the horses mouth. Other than that, I didn't see the need to Go-fund for them considering the over all needs of our country.

Maybe the PM or the president may invite Mengistu to come & visit by offering him immunity? The family would be happy to see him not mention pro Dergs and other patriotic Ethiopians.

Having said that, it seems the family fate of Isu/Eritrea shall end up like Mengistu's ! Did Abraham go to college? Probably not.

I say that, as a complement to the African dictator Isu!

BTW, today Ermias of Ethio 360 called Mustafa of Somalia to be like Mengistu Hailemariam or Isaias for that matter! :shock: In the same talking, I wonder why he doesn't call for Dr. Abiy to do same??

Check the clip out!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 May 2020, 11:20

Dawi wrote:
22 May 2020, 18:04
DefendTheTruth wrote:
22 May 2020, 17:18
A very sad story.

wey Ethiopia!
Defend,

This video has been out for a long time. It was nice to hear the family life of President Mengisto Hailemariam from the horses mouth. Other than that, I didn't see the need to Go-fund for them considering the over all needs of our country.

Maybe the PM or the president may invite Mengistu to come & visit by offering him immunity? The family would be happy to see him not mention pro Dergs and other patriotic Ethiopians.

Having said that, it seems the family fate of Isu/Eritrea shall end up like Mengistu's ! Did Abraham go to college? Probably not.

I say that, as a complement to the African dictator Isu!

BTW, today Ermias of Ethio 360 called Mustafa of Somalia to be like Mengistu Hailemariam or Isaias for that matter! :shock: In the same talking, I wonder why he doesn't call for Dr. Abiy to do same??

Check the clip out!

The video is somewhat long and I just finished to listening to the first part of Lij Ermias Legesse wishing back Col. Mengistu rule.

"If it is for Ethiopia, then you can also be a dictator" proposition. Ke lij kezihe belay men yetebekal?

Is he considering Dr. Abey is not for Ethiopia? If no, then why not the same proposition for him as well? If the same proposition is valid for him as well, then what is he waiting over there instead of coming back home and contribute his share in (re-)building the country?

I am not a fan of that guy all along from the beginning, for what ever reason.

I think the two siblings of Col. Mengistu Hailemariam deserved support from the people who claim they love their country. He bor the top responsibility for the country with all the faults and other short-comings that were committed by his rule. The two siblings were not even able bodies during those days, but they have bor some disadvantages by virute of just being member of the family of the same person, in the highest office of the country.

There is no question that there were some people who would have done some ill to them just to feel they could hurt the Col. himself, for this the family members should have taken some precautions to protect themselves against ill fated wills. They were at disadvantage both materially and psychologically, so there is a logical consequence thereof that they should get compensated for their loses, at least in my view. On top of that these two souls seem to me as innocent as one can only be, in my view again.

So, why do you think they haven't deserved the support of their fellow citizens in time of their need?

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 24 May 2020, 00:08

DefendTheTruth wrote:
23 May 2020, 11:20
So, why do you think they haven't deserved the support of their fellow citizens in time of their need?
Defend,

I don't get it my friend; unless I missed something when I saw the video a while ago, didn't hear them asking for help.

They were making a living according to their family standard; Mengistu didn't send them to private school or moved them anywhere. Folks recognized them as the President's brother/sister and pointed at them but, no one bothered them. Their father, Mengistu's dad, provided them to make ends meet.

I think Meles did the same; so does Isaias/Eritrea. It's their quality so to speak as leaders of their perspective countries. These guys will continue to be honored for not treating their own family different from the ordinary people. If Woyane/EPRDF just did that, they would have lived their golden years among Ethiopians with grace.

Why do you think Ethiopians still have some respect for Isaias? Accepted him with open heart when he came to visit them? For me, it's simply his personal life style; it's precised as simple and walking among the ordinary people; he walks the talk as an individual! His politics as far as I am concerned is still a failure. However, no matter what evil PFDJ commits, what comes to folks's mind when they see Isu or Mengistu is simplicity and down to earth.

For better or worse, Ethiopians/Eritreans still have soft heart for Mengistu/Isu!

You're right! Ermias was condescending towards Somali's to wish them Mengistu! :P On the other hand, Oromos and the rest of us probably may fare better with Colonel Abiy dictatorship if we don't stop bickering.

Come to think of it, looking at Tigrai's fenkel movement, maybe Abiy's patience is paying off; let us give him some time.

Cheers!