eden
Member+

Judge Mideksa grants interview to hostile media

Post by eden » 21 May 2020, 14:49

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: Judge Mideksa grants interview to hostile media

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 21 May 2020, 14:56

She is half Tigrayan from Tembien mother and half Oromo father, Tigray is not hostile to her but Adwa could be her hostile since the adwans put her in prison not for the sake of Tigray interest but for the interest of Meles and some of his qushet.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 21 May 2020, 15:24

eden wrote:
21 May 2020, 14:49
Hostile media? :roll: :roll: Do you mean a very incompetent 'journalist' who may earn his title by being a mouthpiece of the Adwa mafias? Of course, blurring the line between activism and journalism is one of its manifestations, as we saw it in this and other interviews hosted by the so-called Tigrian journalists.

But....it would not be fair to lay the blame on this individual for he simply is the product of the education system that shaped him. In that la la land, the very notion that higher education institutions should be more than mortar-and-bricks is an alien concept....

Abdelaziz

Post by Abdelaziz » 21 May 2020, 15:36

qindibwa the bida'tam hamasenay ho'mo, Fiqru weldu is not tigraway, he is Shewan and never studied in Tigray. you have never seen bad interviewers from tigray unless you want to lie. you bi'tch, have you seen how useless and timid cursedarteran reporters who inerview wedimedhin are? they are garbages.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 21 May 2020, 15:58

quindibu wrote:
21 May 2020, 15:24
eden wrote:
21 May 2020, 14:49
Hostile media? :roll: :roll: Do you mean a very incompetent 'journalist' who may earn his title by being a mouthpiece of the Adwa mafias? Of course, blurring the line between activism and journalism is one of its manifestations, as we saw it in this and other interviews hosted by the so-called Tigrian journalists.

But....it would not be fair to lay the blame on this individual for he simply is the product of the education system that shaped him. In that la la land, the very notion that higher education institutions should be more than mortar-and-bricks is an alien concept....
What the hell savage primitive Bologna maid know about journalism, can you talk to us about north Tigray people???

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 21 May 2020, 16:32

Unlike her countrparts in Eritrea who spent years in the trenches and are languishing in Ugum shabo's gulages, Birtukan spent time in prison and had her faculties intact to attend Ivy League college in U.S. and is brilliant enough to respond to this adversarial (bordering rude) interview in flying colors.
Please wait, video is loading...
Last edited by Awash on 21 May 2020, 17:40, edited 2 times in total.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 21 May 2020, 16:49

Abdelaziz wrote:
21 May 2020, 15:36
qindibwa the bida'tam hamasenay ho'mo, Fiqru weldu is not tigraway, he is Shewan and never studied in Tigray. you have never seen bad interviewers from tigray unless you want to lie. you bi'tch, have you seen how useless and timid cursedarteran reporters who inerview wedimedhin are? they are garbages.
:lol: :lol:

Usually I don't even bother to read what you post let alone to reply. Today is the exception......

Never studied in Tigray??? Didn't know higher education institutions were under Killil's authority?? :roll: What has it got to do with his qualification anyhow? Does Tigray Universities have different requirements than other institutions in the country? :P Perhaps they have, I remember seeing one of your so-called journalist letting us admire her choice of underwear in one of her interviews. I admit, I've become one of her admirer since then. :P

Back to my point- this 'journalist' works for Dimtsi Woyane, doesn't he? Isn't Dimtsi Woyane the mouthpiece of the Adwa mafias who are governing that decrepit kilil? How much do they pay him for his service?
Isn't he the illustration of what higher education institutions looked like in Agame-run Ethiopia?

You know, higher education institutions aren't like an assembly line you churn out products of the same color, size and weight! Again, in your la la land that is a foriegn concept to grasp!

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 21 May 2020, 17:15

Listen to this hegur nefaHito (chameleon) from the wilderness :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:
Please wait, video is loading...

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 21 May 2020, 17:29

The fluffy side of DW! :P

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 23 May 2020, 12:06

Part II

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 29 May 2020, 17:51

I have been wondering where the notion of "hostile media" comes from in a public discourse. The brightest journalists I listen to are the calmest people I hear in a public discourse. Critical discourse doesn't need to be hostile. The best of critical thinking can come out of a calm discourse.

Perhaps, hostile media might be fashioned from such shows like Hard Talk of the BBC(?.) Before there came some of the contemporary ranting British journalists, the Brits knew how to say Stay Calm and Keep Moving even during a hostile period. Preceding that was the period of what they called Victorian modesty of saying dear, which I read about somewhere.

I don't know if there is any relationship between the English word calm and our local word ቀልብ/ቀልቢ. But I know people are taught not to be ቀልበቢስ, no pun intended here.

That teaching includes not interrupting people while they talk. I don't think ignoring such homegrown values and importing hostile values will become the most productive for a public discourse. May be the great Lester Holt resembling young journalist can watch and learn the calmness with which Mr. Holt conducts Dateline interviews. I don't think that interviews about public service can get any more hostile or any less calm than that kind of interview.