Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
tolcha

Do Oromos really care about GERD?

Post by tolcha » 26 Feb 2020, 20:12

Masud, Yaballo, and Sadachaa Macca give your opinion ?
As to me I don't care!!!!

Za-Ilmaknun

Re: Do Oromos really care about GERD?

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 26 Feb 2020, 20:16

tolcha wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 20:12
Do you care About Egypt? Let me frame the question that way.. :mrgreen:

AbebeB

Post by AbebeB » 26 Feb 2020, 20:18

Hey, you aren't listing me as candidate respondent to your Q. Why? kkkk
Anyways here is my response on behalf of Oromia.

Oromos do care abut the GERD. They assume peace and stability settles if GERD is relocated.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 26 Feb 2020, 20:21

I do care, but I care more about the Oromo's human rights, along with the human rights of our other brethren in Ethiopia.
If we are to collectively eradicate poverty, and hunger, we need to irrigate our lands, to engage in modern day agriculture, not the old archaic form of farming, which depends on rainfall.

tolcha

Post by tolcha » 26 Feb 2020, 20:47

AbebeB wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 20:18
Hey, you aren't listing me as candidate respondent to your Q. Why? kkkk
Anyways here is my response on behalf of Oromia.

Oromos do care abut the GERD. They assume peace and stability settles if GERD is relocated.
Abebe B, sorry buddy. Anna iranfatuu, sin irranfaadhee! Yeah good response.

tolcha

Post by tolcha » 26 Feb 2020, 20:49

Sadacha Macca wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 20:21
I do care, but I care more about the Oromo's human rights, along with the human rights of our other brethren in Ethiopia.
If we are to collectively eradicate poverty, and hunger, we need to irrigate our lands, to engage in modern day agriculture, not the old archaic form of farming, which depends on rainfall.
Don't even think that bloody country would ever get peace, as long as primitive Neftegna exists!

yaballo

Post by yaballo » 27 Feb 2020, 04:00

tolcha wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 20:12
Tolcha,

Yes, Oromos should care for ALL "hydrological tussles" around the Nile River & its tributaries, among other reasons, because:

a) - most of the waters of the Nile originate in Oromia [60%+ of the total wasters of both the Blue & White Niles originate in western Oromia],

b) - Oromos will, hopefully, get a substantial share of the benefits that Ethiopia is supposed to get from GERD & other dams such as Fincha [Wollega], etc. But & so far, 100% of electric power generated from Fincha Dam (Wollega) goes to Addis Ababa, to Amhara Kilil & even to Tigray. That suggests that most - if not ALL - electric power that might be generated from GERD (if not bombed & demolished by the Egyptians) would go to Addis Ababa, other towns & other Kilils leaving most Oromos zero beneficiaries from it all though most of the waters that fill the GERD dam comes from Oromia.

c) - Of course, most of the dams that generate power for Ethiopia are either located in Oromia &/or are based on rivers that originate in Oromia [Omo, Awash, Wabi-Shebele, Ganale, Fincha, Guder, Baro, etc] but, sadly, REAL Oromos get tiny - even ZERO - benefit from these dams & the electric power that generated from the existing dams.

Yes, some major towns in Oromia get electric power from these dams BUT the residents of such towns & business-owners are mostly habeshas & their equally Oromophobe gurage allies, etc - not REAL OROMOS! So, if you come across any gurages that are as Oromophobe as Horus, feel free to CASTRATE THEM ON THE SPOT! :shock: 8) .

That is: the hydrological tussle over the Blue Nile & all other rivers in Ethiopia is YET to start within Ethiopia itself (between Kilils) & Oromos MUST keep an eye on this issue.

Here is an old post of mine on the hydrology of the Nile River [both Blue & White Nile branches] a while ago ... Nagaatti.

Do you know that the Nile river carries mostly Oromo water?

PHOTO: Confluence [meeting place] of the Blue & White Nile rivers, Khartoum, Sudan.

<<Do you know that the Nile river carries mostly Oromo water? .. Like in history, habeshas also weave myths & distortions in the geography of Ethiopia in a bid to emphasise their supposed centrality in the empire of misery & torture they created. Due to deliberate distortions in the teachings of geography in Ethiopian schools, many believe that: (a) the Blue Nile or Abbay is essentially an Amhara river &, (b) most of the waters of this river originate in Lake Tana, etc. But, most of it is another case of half-truths or outright lies concocted to create a Geo-narrative [geographic narrative] that over empahasises the importance of habesha provinces of northern Ethiopia vis a vis the rest of Ethiopia.

Most of the waters of the Nile that reach Egypt via the two main branches of this river - White & Blue Niles - originate in wetter regions of Western Oromia. Due to Ethiopia's biased & sub-standard system of education, generations of students have been taught how the waters of the White Nile flow out of Lake Victoria (Uganda) & simply reach Egypt. In reality, nearly ALL of the waters of the White Nile - just like most of the waters of the Blue Nile - ALSO originate in Western Oromia. True, the source of the White Nile is in fact Lake Victoria/Uganda. But, the White Nile "wastes" most of its waters in the vast "Sud Swamps" located in South Sudan. Only a tiny fraction of the waters of the White Nile manages to exit the swamps & flow towards Khartoum. But, the White Nile is “saved” by the powerful Baro river (Sobat) which drains high rainfall areas of Western Oromia (Ilu-Abba-Bora, Wollega, Jimma) when it joins the struggling White Nile near the town of Bor, South Sudan. In effect, nearly all the waters of the White Nile that reach Khartoum &, join up with the waters of the Blue Nile, are basically the waters of Western Oromia (via Baro river & its tributaries).

Roughly, the Blue Nile (Abbay) contributes 60% of the total waters of the main Nile river that is formed at Khartoum when the two branches of the Nile merge. However, ‘Tana Abbay’, the Blue Nile that exits Lake Tana at Bahir Dar, contributes less than 10% of the total flow of the Blue Nile (Abbay). The bulk of the waters of the Blue Nile - like that of the Baro river/White Nile - also originate in wetter parts of Western Oromia, via a series of powerful tributaries such as Dedessa, Dabus, Guder, Muger, etc rivers. Tekezze (Atbara) is another significant tributary of the Nile that drains Gondar, Wollo & Tigray provinces, mostly during the rainy season. It turns into a series of bilharzia-infested pools &/or a dry river bed (wadi) during most of the year. In a sense, BOTH branches of the Nile river - the White & Blue Nile - carry mostly waters from the “Ethiopian highlands”. In reality, though, most of these waters originate in Western Oromia.

So, if/when you get a chance to see the Nile river at Khartoum or Cairo - like members of the Oromo community residing in Sudan or Egypt - remember that basically you are witnessing the waters of Oromia flowing past you.

To learn more about the hydrology of the Nile river &, what tributary contributes what percentage of its waters; please try this book as an important reference: “Hydrology of the Nile Basin”; Momadouh Shahin, 1985. Good Luck. PHOTO: Confluence [meeting place] of the Blue & White Nile rivers, Khartoum, Sudan.>>

BLUE NILE FALLS (TIS-ISAT) - TODAY ...

BLUE NILE FALLS (TIS-ISAT) - 30+ YEARS AGO ...