Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
eden
Member+

Weakness of President Isayas

Post by eden » 07 Feb 2020, 18:26

President Isayas strongly attacked ethnic federalism and the current Ethiopian constitution. He was very effective in selling his ideas.

The weakness I see is that he equated ethnic federalism and the constitution with TPLF and TPLF only. I think this is simplistic on his part. As you know TPLF or Tigray no longer is the primary defender of the current system. It’s the the Oromo based parties. I heard nothing in the speech or interview that speaks to this reality on the ground.

p.s. there is a conference of proponents of federalism in Atlanta tomorrow that may show my claim here is valid.

Temt
Member+

Re: Weakness of President Isayas

Post by Temt » 07 Feb 2020, 18:43

eden wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 18:26
President Isayas strongly attacked ethnic federalism and the current Ethiopian constitution. He was very effective in selling his ideas.

The weakness I see is that he equated ethnic federalism and the constitution with TPLF and TPLF only. I think this is simplistic on his part. As you know TPLF or Tigray no longer is the primary defender of the current system. It’s the the Oromo based parties. I heard nothing in the speech or interview that speaks to this reality on the ground.

p.s. there is a conference of proponents of federalism in Atlanta tomorrow that may show my claim here is valid.
The proponent and godfather of the Ethiopian federal constitution is nonother than Meles ጨናዊ. May he continue to burn in hell.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 17 Feb 2020, 19:04

Temt

The OLF participated in the making of the constitution. There are many others who openly advocate for the current system. So why are you still hang up on Weyane ONLY? Isn’t that denying the reality on the ground. You are making the same mistake the President is making. If Weyane was the ONLY or even major force behind ethnic based federalism, it would have been history by now. I think you either are in denial or you have contempt for Ethiopians and you giving too much weight to Weyane.

Watch the below video to understand Isayas is totally ignoring Ethiopians who are for ethnic federalism.

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 17 Feb 2020, 19:11

Eden the agame sherm*utta, when woyane was in power the other parties were like toys.
And you freaking know it.
They were taking orders from woyane or else would happen to them. And they had families to feed and they were abiding just like there were many Eritreans getting paid from sellassie or mengistu payroll ERA.
Don't try to lessen the evil crimes of woyane by envolving other innocent parties.
EPRDF was just a cover up woyane used to rule ethiopia.
The other parties had no voices.
Lokmax, serakit.

@@

Post by @@ » 17 Feb 2020, 19:45

isaias is right. we had fake constitution which was never implemented but woyane was doing whatever it likes at will. fake federalism it was a one party centerlized command post. it has nothing to do with federalism. everything was fake. at the end we ended up with #1 internally displaced people on the planet. wayane never implemented ethnic based federalism in tigray because it doesn't believe in it. it only uses it because it hates ethiopia. that makes agames evil. isaias is honest. he doesn't allow ethnic federalism in his country and wishes the same for Ethiopia. twisted heart agames want something else for themseleves and wishes evil for others. typical evil creatures.
eden wrote:

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 19 Feb 2020, 08:28

What you said about Weyane might be right but you are not addressing the issue raised in this topic.

The question isn’t if ethnic federalism is bad. The question is how do you ignore forces of ethnic federalism except Weyane. To me either you guys have exaggerated sense of Weyane or you are underestimating non Weyane ethnic federalists.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 19 Feb 2020, 09:22

Ok, Isayes labeled ethnic politics the politics of the weak mind — translation mine. I agree with Isayes. Now, Eden said he did not blame all ethnic politicians but the TPLFites, and she implied he could call the OLF politicians what they are: ethnic politicians whose politics is a disaster to Ethiopia and her neighbors — translation mine. I agree with Eden.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 19 Feb 2020, 11:15

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 09:22
Ok, Isayes labeled ethnic politics the politics of the weak mind — translation mine. I agree with Isayes. Now, Eden said he did not blame all ethnic politicians but the TPLFites, and she implied he could call the OLF politicians what they are: ethnic politicians whose politics is a disaster to Ethiopia and her neighbors — translation mine. I agree with Eden.
It has nothing to do with PIA "Weakness" as edu said. In fact, PIA analyses are right on the money that the Weyanes carry the brunt of many of the political problems in the Horn. One can sugar coat as much as he/she wants, but the reality is stark clear that they were the main destabilizers in Somalia, Ethiopia, and Eritrea among others. Of course, they were doing that as errand boys of the US.
That said I agree with Sam and edu that there are some Ethiopian renegades here and there that entertain the idea of ተረት ተረት fantasy and, not because they like the Weyane, but for the convenience, they side with the Weyanes as the Oromo clip above shows. But, one can not forget that this group is probably funded by the Weyanes. So, when everything is said and done, the culprit remains the criminal Weyanes!

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 26 Feb 2020, 22:18

Temt wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 11:15
Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
That said I agree with Sam and edu that there are some Ethiopian renegades here and there that entertain the idea of ተረት ተረት fantasy and, not because they like the Weyane, but for the convenience, they side with the Weyanes as the Oromo clip above shows. But, one can not forget that this group is probably funded by the Weyanes. So, when everything is said and done, the culprit remains the criminal Weyanes!
So you don’t think they follow their conscience?

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 26 Feb 2020, 22:40

eden wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 22:18
Temt wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 11:15
Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
So you don’t think they follow their conscience?
Well, what is their conscience on the political situation of Ethiopia or Oromia? edu, don't you think it would behoove them better to resolve any perceived or real "problems" they may have among themselves, before worrying on nonexistent interference from a neighboring country, especially when that country has been on record of caring of the Oromo people's aspiration for freedom?

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 04 May 2020, 17:09

Temt wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 22:40
edu, don't you think it would behoove them better to resolve any perceived or real "problems" they may have among themselves, before worrying on nonexistent interference from a neighboring country, especially when that country has been on record of caring of the Oromo people's aspiration for freedom?
Temt,

What evidence do you have for your assertion?

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 04 May 2020, 17:21

Who cares what the tyrant thinks. He is admiring wayene built Ethiopia as we speak, while Eritrea remains a basket
case by his own admission. Is he there trying to learn how to build a nation? :lol: :cry: :oops:
Please wait, video is loading...
eden wrote:

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 12 Jun 2020, 21:50

Awash

Why not comment on the topic? Focus on idea please

Justo, Abiy working with TPLF General Samora is a consequence of interenal Oromo politics. HGDEF focus on TPLF without regard to Abiy's weakness at home (Oromia) is perilous. ALL POLITICS IS LOCAL: When Abiy of PP Oromia moves, the move is better explained by what happens where Oromia constituents reside.

Zack

Post by Zack » 13 Jun 2020, 03:25

Shaebia and woyane both used the poor gallas
Shaebia forced gallas to be under woyane in 1991. And woyane claim that the gallas are on their side on ethnic federalism. Since gallas are inferior to amhara and scared for the unitary system. Can you believe a majority ethnic group acting as a minority.

Dr Zackovich

EthioRedSea

Post by EthioRedSea » 13 Jun 2020, 03:38

Isayas should end like Gaddafi of Libya! Issayas is an idiot and fool.
[media]
[media]

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 02 Jul 2020, 22:11

Zack wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 03:25
Can you believe a majority ethnic group acting as a minority.

Dr Zackovich
There's no majority in Ethiopia. No group has 51 plus percent.

BTW, this thread was opened months ago after President Isayas gave interview in which he underestimated the hold of ethnic federalism outside Tigrai. He completely misunderstood today's Ethiopia. His obsession with his former ally TPLF is blinding him from reading events on the ground.

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 02 Jul 2020, 23:12

eden wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 22:11
Zack wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 03:25
Can you believe a majority ethnic group acting as a minority.

Dr Zackovich
There's no majority in Ethiopia. No group has 51 plus percent.

BTW, this thread was opened months ago after President Isayas gave interview in which he underestimated the hold of ethnic federalism outside Tigrai. He completely misunderstood today's Ethiopia. His obsession with his former ally TPLF is blinding him from reading events on the ground.

Sister Edu gual Adwa:

Let's state the facts on the ground first. Oromo are the majority and you Tigrayans are minority. Not only that, your Tigray is the least important killil in Ethiopian economic and political decision making. Swallow the bitter truth and move on. Your TPLF have installed time bombs everywhere in Ethiopia for 27 long years. Thanks to your TPLF that Ethiopia is where it is now and you must be proud about it. Ha ???

By the way, how come your TPLF has not implemented ethnic federalism within Tigray if ethnic killilazation is good ?? There are Kunama, Erob, Amhara and Afar in the least important killil Tigray. Right ?

Victory to Fenqil Movement!!!

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 03 Jul 2020, 00:43

eden wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 08:28
What you said about Weyane might be right but you are not addressing the issue raised in this topic.

The question isn’t if ethnic federalism is bad. The question is how do you ignore forces of ethnic federalism except Weyane. To me either you guys have exaggerated sense of Weyane or you are underestimating non Weyane ethnic federalists.
So you truely believe that TPLF works for true federalisim...whether ethnic or any other form? How logical is that? The kind of federalism that we have had was anchored on democratic centralism which relegated the elected reps to irrelevant .There wss no reprrsentation...and and no legistlation. It was a divide and rule that had its core at subjugatiog the majority throu cooption of a few elits.

You seeem to just scratch the surface and run away with your half cooked truth to appear as if you have something of substance to debate on.

The federalisim that is so cheered by TPLF cohorts, if implemented as written, is nothing but a death sentence passed on minorities.

The oromo or other extrimists are only there to snatching power and amassing the bounty that comes with it. Otherwise no sane person should stand for ethnic homland formations sold as cheap federalism.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 04 Jul 2020, 17:30

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 00:43
So you truely believe that TPLF works for true federalisim
TPLF has betrayed its ideals. Semhal Meles articulated this but you fanatics only listen to yourselves

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 04 Jul 2020, 17:41

Ye ayit msk dmbit...lol So your Semhal said something that you liked to hear and that is the end of it. We are living through a system that was designed to disintegrate the country when the Semhals have had enough of what they needed. You never have been able to articulate the merits of politicizing identity. The kind of politics i hear every minutes here from the Halafi Camp...is pure Nazisim and here you are selling it as something of workable ideology. Yeah ...ya shall see if you will benefit from this very very soon.