Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ittuabafarda

On The Issue of So-Called 'Ethnicity Divide

Post by ittuabafarda » 07 Jan 2020, 00:22

So much was written on how the old country has always been 'divided' on a fault line called 'ethnicity divide' I am not sure why writers choose to use the term 'divide' with the word 'ethnic'. I really don't get it. Was it used to tell something that is already present, to tell us all that people of various ethnicities exist in the old country? If that is so then the word was used in bad taste. Ethnicity by itself was never the reason for division. Never!! It was connivers who are often smart alecks who used this variety to create their own area of influence a.k.a. fiefdom. Without these demons there would have been no reason for that Oromo farmer to worry if he sees an Amhara farmer walking into his hood and vise versa. Nothing!!! Conniving smart alecks were the reason for the divide in our centuries old history and they are still the perpetrators/preachers for the divide. Just look at them now and listen to what they are preaching now in Amhara, Oromia, Tigray and other regions. That conniver in Oromia has been telling me and my Oromos how I am different from my Amhara, Tigre or any other ethnically different neighbors. He has been telling me the difference is considerable. He goes like, when Allah created me as an Oromo he used clay he dug up from the top down but when Allah created that Amhara, Tigre or any other ones, he used clay he dug up from the bottom up!!!! Huey, where have been when you are needed most?!!! To these votaries of Stalin and Mao the color of the food meant for the nourishment of my body as an Oromo should always be red in color where that of the Tigres, Amhara or any other people has always been green in color.

ittuabafarda

Re: On The Issue of So-Called 'Ethnicity Divide

Post by ittuabafarda » 09 Jan 2020, 21:26

Now you watch!!! Those commies who brainwashed our gullible youth in the 1960's and 70's will chicken scratch a book or two heavily soiled with ethnicity in time for the next election. Those hideous commies were not only pinkies but also bigots. They will not rest or die before that gem of the colored goes up in flames to oblivion because it has too much glorious history for a country of niggaaz!!! Boy, they itch to see my Oromos and my noble Amhara neighbors going for each other's throat!!!! They just can't stomach a scene where black folks getting along!!! That has always been the way all commies are. Unrepentant bigots!!!!

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 10 Jan 2020, 00:17

Dear Ittuabafarda, your analysis is always insightful. Communism has giving us lot of maladies but the ethic politics is the most deadly . It affects the mind of the learned more than the layman. The concepts of justice, truth , equality when they appear enveloped with ethnic politics instead of being the tools to correct the issue at hand the so called change them a weapon of attack and and a weapon of dehumanization of the other. Justice can correct injustice but in the name of justice another injustice is produced it defeats its purpose. The old commies turned tribal justice warriors want to create their tribal utopian land by doing injustic to others . The commies were propagating that by removing your class enemy you going to inherit the utopian communism, and now the Stalinist tribalst want to get ride of other ethnic or nationalites so that the utopian one Ethnic paradise is going to be established: As the say the road to hell starts in the name of justice but ends up all hell but not justice . That is what the mearchts of death want to sell us . We do need to say an emphatic no.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 11 Jan 2020, 00:40

Dear TGAA:

Blessings to you and your family:

The damage done to our brightest is so immense that it will take generations to recoup the losses that took place in the 1970's alone. I happened to know many of them as countrymen. You should appreciate the fact that those of us who happened to live outside the country in the 1960's used to go extra miles to sniff out and locate any countryman/woman who also lived outside. We did not entertain or made ethnicity the main or only driver in our search. I knew several of those countrymen during my time in the Middle East and after I came here. I can attest to you that all of them were extremely intelligent young people who always excelled in their education. I would not doubt their ability for a second. They all had the intellectual horsepower to successfully manage any giant global corporation of our day. But they had their own Achilles heels. They were gullible and they give you all once they believed in you. There was no doubt in their mind that everyone they see as the enemy of their ideology is nothing but a paper tiger. They were 100% sure that their sacrifice would create one thousand others to pick up where they left from. They believed the exaggerated news about the strength of their organization when in actuality it was a collection of ragtag company of less than 20 who were being used as cooks in the Eritrean desert. So they went to the old country in droves to start popular revolution and over throw the 'paper tiger' Mengistu, bare handed I may add. When all was said and done very few of them managed to survive. Even those who survived were left with harmful emotional scar that will be with them the rest of their lives. They were not from one specific ethnic group but were from diverse family roots. And I have not seen one who loves their country and its people like them for whom they were committed to give all including their lives. And, from what I read in some memoirs that they all went to their gallows spitting on the faces of their hangmen. I wish they had survived the carnage and there is nothing I can do to bring them back. Nothing!!!! It makes me very mad whenever I think about them and how their Allah created lives were squandered like a bad debt. All I can do has been keeping them in my daily prayers for them to rest in eternal peace!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 12 Jan 2020, 19:24

Not going anywhere until the cows come home!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 16 Jan 2020, 04:14

I have posted the following comments on different issues on other websites.

1) Regarding those who are complaining about the 2020 election schedule:

A) YOU CAN SEE NOW HOW BIGOTS AND PROVEN MISOGYNISTS ARE TRYING TO TRIP THE VERY CAPABLE CHAIRMAN HE BIRTUKAN BINT MIDEKSA BY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ELECTION SCHEDULE. THESE JACK ASSES HAVE BEEN BUSY KNOCKING BACK KHAMR EVERYDAY IN STEAD OF DILIGENTLY PREPARING FOR THE COMING ELECTION. THERE WERE BEING TOLD A MILLION TIMES THAT THE ELECTION WILL BE HELD IN 2020. THESE LAZY BUMS LOUD MOUTHS WERE PREOCCUPIED HONING THEIR DESPICABLE SKILLS IN CALLING ALL THOSE THEY HATE PEJORATIVE NAMES. IN STEAD PF WORKING HARD AND TRUSTFULLY THESE COLLECTION OF OPPOSITION GROUPS HAVE BEEN PICKING THEIR NOSED SINCE 2018. NOBODY WAS HARASSING THEM AS BEFORE AND HAD ALL THE PLAIN FIELD TO EVOLVE INTO A STRONG AND UNITED OPPOSITION GROUP(S). YOU KNOW WHY? IT IS BECAUSE MANY OF THE LEADERS WERE NOT REALLY FIGHTING FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE AT LARGE. THEY WERE WAITING FOR THE OPPORTUNE TIME SO THEY CAN TAKE THEIR TURN IN PILLAGING THE TREASURES OF THE COUNTRY. WE ALL REMEMBER HOW MANY OF THEM DID NOT HAVE SELF RESPECT WHEN THEY WERE SCAVENGING AT THE DUMPSITES IN ASMARA AND AL-QAYIRAH!!!! FACELESS LOW LIVES AND AN EMBARRASSMENT FOR THE GLORIOUS PEOPLE OF THE OLD COUNTRY. BIGOTS!!! CLUELESS DIMWITS!!!! SHUT UP!!!!

B) There won't be any election put forward by the very capable countrywoman and her staff that bigots and misogynists will like anyway. These lazy bums have squandered so much valuable time bickering at each other and spewing poison among fraternal citizens. The time is up!!! These bigots and male chauvinist pigs should rather stop downing khamr everyday and go to the woodwork they crawled out of and die. You have been hounding HE Birtukan bint Mideksa about the election schedule and there you have it. One vital piece has been missing since 2018 from your jigsaw puzzle. You cannot take your shameless face to Asmara anymore because the balcony has been slammed shut on you!!! An agreement has been reached on the dam also so el-Sisi will say 'no dice this time' if you go there on this one. You cannot scavenge at the dumpsites either in Al-Qahirah or Piccolo Roma any more. They will have no use for our laze asses any more. Bye bye!!!!

2) Regarding the agreement reached between Sudan, Egypt and Ethiopia on the dam

A) Excellent news!!!! What a respite!!!! Kudos to the president and those who participated in the negotiations. I see this as a new chapter. Now all three countries should switch gears to cooperation where there will be rewarding commerce and transfer of skills. The issues with the use of this river have long been the source of hostile relationship between these fraternal people. Now runaway emotion needs to be cast aside and this agreement should be seen as the beginning of a brand new day!!!

Thank you Good Ole USA!!!!!

B) Kudos to the president and all those involved including the folks at the World Bank. This dispute was heading into a dangerous outcome for all three countries. Now the people of the riparian country can breathe easy and look forward to a new beginning of rewarding cooperation in commerce and other regional matters. Hey bigots!!!! Balcony in Asmara has been slammed shut on your faces since 2018 and now el-Sisi will be doing the same on you also. All will be left for is to crawl back to the woodwork you came from and die!!!! Take you sick mind along with you. Out of sight!!! Beat it!!! Dégage!!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 16 Jan 2020, 23:39

On the news of a mega airport to be built in Bishoftu

This darling airline of the world never ceases to amaze me. It shows my hommies are geniuses. It even survived the dimwit Mengistu and his bloodthirsty thugs. Look at the other airlines from Africa. They have been biting the dust one after another even though they have tourists going to their countries in their millions. That did not save them from going belly up. What can I say, my niggaaz who I love to death are so smart!!!!

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 16 Jan 2020, 23:56

ittuabafarda, it is always a treat to read your commentary .

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 17 Jan 2020, 03:25

TGAA, I am glad you have found material in my comments. That old country of ours, that gem of the colored, that drop dead beauty that makes any beholder fall in love at the first sight is in its last pit stop. Bigots and connivers are working round the clock to tear her people apart as they have been doing so since the late 1960's. They have failed so far because of the overwhelming influence by the level heads with little help from us with our prayers. They need all the help they can muster this time around. These smart aleck bigots are now threatening everyone in their sights. They are barking like mad dogs 'assuring' all of us that they will yank away a territory to call it their fiefdom right after the coming election. According to their twisted mind it is not a matter if but with surety when in the summer of 2020. They have already started intimidating potential voters and by all indications they seem to be successful in many parts of the country where they hail from. They are lambasting in thinly veiled announcement 'a republic or bust come August 2020'!!! They are doing everything sinister to incite the people for a bloody conflict they have been dreaming/scheming about for decades now. We will see!!! Let’s all pray for those harmonious people who produced us all!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 18 Jan 2020, 01:00

On the latest result of the dam negotiation:

I'm sure these patriot countrymen will not compromise the national interests of the old country. Stubborn stance on a winner takes all behavior will never benefit anyone of the three stakeholders. There must be thresholds where all three of them can compromise on. They can battle on it but it would be utter foolish to go to war for it. We should remember that Egypt knows very well that if war breaks because of this dam it will lose it all. Then all options will be on the table on el-Sisi's table. Such scenario will cause our old country to lose diplomatically on global basis. It may end up being isolated. And that won't be funny. I don't want even begin to imagine what the situation in the old country will look like. Bigots will be able to finish the job they have started. Swaths of the country will be carved out to be fiefdoms of these hate mongers and smart alecks. Shrubs and overgrowths will be cleared so fresh tools of destruction will arrive daily from Al-Qahirah. The demonic Wahhabis will now have open doors in the east, southeast and northeast. I just don't want to think about such scenario. I wish we should step back and ponder about the issues from all angles. We should refrain from reacting with raw emotion. It is easy to down play what these patriot countrymen accomplished from our comfy homes here in the West. We don't have bigots breathing their dragon breath on our shoulders every minute of the day. Those glorious people who produced us all want someone to help them or show them the ways in which they can bring the dough home in peace. They are sick and tired of conflicts triggered by internal miscreants and they don't want a double down by external forces. That Amhara parent is crying his/her eyes out because her only son was bludgeoned to death in his college campus for only reason he is an Amhara. That Oromo parent has been wailing after losing his son in a college front yard just because being an Oromo has made him a mortal enemy. That parent from Tigray has been denied a day in court for his son who was hacked to death and insult to injury he is being told he is a 'woyane'. That Somali spouse has been wailing from dawn to dusk for the husband/father who was savagely stoned/hacked to death because being a Somali had made him a deadly enemy that given day. The same goes to Gamo, Guji. Shangul and all others. They are all very tired of conflicts.

I say kudos to these very capable patriots Obbo Gedu bin Andargachew and Obbo Dr. Seleshi bin Bekele for what they accomplished during the negotiations.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 21 Jan 2020, 04:15

Keep chugging along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 24 Jan 2020, 01:27

Doubling down!!!! Doubling down until bigots burn in hell!!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 26 Jan 2020, 04:23

It is amazing also troubling how this is top-offed so fast!!!!!

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 26 Jan 2020, 10:25

ittuabafarda wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 04:23
It is amazing also troubling how this is top-offed so fast!!!!!
ittuabafarda

nobody has a problem with ethnicity .. when they see u they welcome u home they give u food and place to sleep.. the problem started when this so-called guest start claiming your home as his and he wants to get paid rent and he wants you to work for him and speak his language .... that is where the problem start ..

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 26 Jan 2020, 21:50

I always enjoy reading articles penned by patriot Obbo Mammo bin Muchie and get educated by the material in them. I find him in this article looking at the dam from both perspectives, one from the old country Ethiopian side and the other one from the Egyptian side. Both have plausible reasons to jolt their raw emotions. Those of you who have(had) the chance to live in both countries(born and resided) can understand why this river is(can be) more than the economics of it. One country is desperate to take its exploding population out of nagging and abject poverty through booming industrialization which the only sensible way out. It needs electricity in tens of thousands of megawatts for that purpose alone. That in turn requires the harnessing of all of its available natural resources which will give rivers the front seat.

On the other hand, Egypt is no doubt dependent on the water of this mighty river for its very existence. That is no laughing matter. This dependence did not start in the 1920’s or 1950’s but it has been so since the dawn of its history. It has more than 100 million very volatile population crammed on top of each other alongside the Nile River. Right now all these people do not have an alternative source for fresh potable water or for other needs including irrigation. It also needs the nutrients in the silt hauled away from the old country by the Blue Nile. So much has been said and written about that. But such a situation does not and should not warrant schemes to destabilize others or the beating of drums of war. If military conflict erupts and a state of war exists between these two countries, Egypt will throw itself in insurmountable dire straits. The old country will not lose something it already has but it will lose what it is going to have. Self educating on this matter is needed more on the Egyptian side. It seems that its rulers have made military threats and muscle show-offs thinking that will throw the people of the old country into total submission. I was reading news on some of their Arabic newspapers a few days ago and came across one splashing story. It tells the inauguration of a new modern, expansive military base in the southeast part of the country along the Red Sea shoreline. I love to read the self aggrandizement and the pomposity in it!!! I feel like I am watching one of those Mel Brook’s slapstick movies. The story tells about the capacities of the spanking military base where modern fighter jets can land and takeoff at will. Then I asked myself the cardinal questions. Why the need for that? Who is Egypt afraid of? Israel has not been an enemy since the truce both countries signed in 1979 and have been in excellent working relationship since then. So who is Egypt nervous about? The next news we gonna hear about another expansive military base can be on its Southwest and Southern borders. What the old country and the rest of the world should keep an eye is on Egypt’s military activities including any development of weapons of mass destruction. Its leader have been so reckless in their military adventures culminating in the humiliating defeats in the hands of ragtag militias of Northern Yemen during the years 1965-67 and when their army of tens of thousands was made the [deleted] of town with military experts by a mere thousand Israeli soldiers in 1967. They even had used banned chemical warfare in their faceoff with the North Yemeni ragtag militias in the 1960’s but that did not save them from utter humiliation. In any case any violent conflict that may come out of this back-and-forth will have devastating effect on all countries but more so on Egypt. But this should not wrongly embolden the leaders of the old country to become stubborn during the negotiations. I think both patriots H.E. Obbo Gedu and H.E. Obbo Seleshi have shown the qualities of level heads already. It shows our legendary cultivation!!!!

I wish them all the best!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 27 Jan 2020, 01:34

There you have it. Demons and bigots steeped with hateful satanic verses after honing such skills when were camping out here among us and the dump sites in Asmara have had field days throughout the old country since they went back during the last two years. Their loud mouths have borne the fruit they expected. Hundreds possibly thousands of innocent citizens have lost their Allah Given lives and millions have been viciously driven out of their homes. There is no letting up for these hoodlums and connivers. They feel like they are in control of the affairs of the country and run their own set of rules and schedule rendering the well stocked regime so inept in the process. They run afoul and demand an apology in return. When they are shown patience they take that as cowardice. When they are given permission they take that as total and unconditional submission. They have been itching for one ultimate goal that they see as dream becoming a reality. They have been instigating and provoking citizens for an all out ethnic war between my Oromos and the noble people of Amhara neighbors since the late 1960's even more so with all intensity since they went back during the last 18 or so months. By the Grace of The Almighty Our Creator they have failed and failed so miserably until now. I have been holding these demons responsible for every human blood spilled, for every home and business torched to the ground and the report by this patriot Obbo Daniel bin Bekele has proven me right. I call upon all of you countrymen who I hold dear to my heart to not let up having that gem of the colored, that country of upright and glorious people who produced us all in our daily prayers. With our prayers harmony will prevail over hate and peace will overwhelm conflict instigated by these unrepentant bigots!!! The Almighty Willing!!!

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 27 Jan 2020, 03:02

ittuabafarda

u and ur buddy said Egypt has no alternative based Nile river .. but they have three alternatives///

one: seawater Desalination,
second: Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System... Egypt has massive AQuifer reserve underground water
third: don't waste water use drip irrigation then flood irrigation this alone saves a lot of water
four: Egypt can use water from Aswan dam while Ethiopia feeling the Nile Dam

The Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System (NSAS) is the world's largest known fossil water aquifer system. It is located underground in the Eastern end of the Sahara Desert and spans the political boundaries of four countries north-western Sudan, north-eastern Chad, south-eastern Libya, and most of Egypt. Containing an estimated 150,000 km3 of groundwater

Libya - Great Man-Made River Project.... yes, Egypt might not have 15 billion-dollar but instead of wasting the money in military it is not better to dig for their own water just like Libya

2. in order to win Egypt Ethiopia should not lose both nations can win if we overcome our own fear
Egypt should not fear that Ethiopia going to harm them or stop the Nile river
Egypt also must be grateful and happy for Ethiopia to win and benefited from the river Nile without harming Egypt ...
Egypt cant justified her resist Nile dam at the cost of 100 million Ethiopian life..
Egypt must worry the same for both people's wellbeing instead of the only worry about what happened to them without caring about Ethiopians life.
Ethiopia affected by many droughts and millions of people die so if we use the Nile river without harming Egypt that is win-win for both nations

Ethiopia damming Nile rive have many benefits to Egypt

1, Egypt and Sudan will get water year-round and regulated water
2. Ethiopia side 100 million people stop cutting wood for cooking this alone increased the rain by 30%
3. Ethiopia generating hydro means they can export it to Sudan and Egypt ..
4. Egypt also will have the satisfaction of helping Ethiopia help herself ... instead of seeing each other like enemy we will see each other as sister nation and partner

if Egypt fails to do this then Ethiopia will turn in to desert and Nile river will dry and both nations become loser ...so it is in the best interest of Egypt even to plant a tree in Ethiopia and stop desertification

in short, Egypt should see the Nile river in Ethiopia side as a milk cow, u have to feed the cow to get the milk .. but if Egypt is only worried about the milk, not the cow soon the cow will die out and no more milk..

more to come how we Ethiopia upgrade our negotiation team and need war room before we face the Egypt.. for example Egypt have many arguments they have a colonial-era deal, what would be the Ethiopian negotiation answer for this all this kind of argument iron out in war room

Egypt broke The Anglo-Egyptian Treaty of 1936 which give the British control of Suez Canal ..but in 1956 Gamal Abdel Nasser nationalized Suez Canal and trigger war .. the point is if Egypt break The Anglo-Egyptian Treaty of 1936 agreement they don't have moral authority to lecture us we all should respect colonial agreement when Ethiopia was not even under British contorl

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 27 Jan 2020, 04:44

Ethoash,

As of today, as we speak Egypt has to rely on the waters of the Nile for its critical needs. But in the long run this source of water will not continue to be available for granted as it is today. Egypt also has massive sea water that can be desalinized as potable water and other needs but that is going to take years to accomplish. It also has proven deposit of subterranean water. That also needs massive investment and years of work. All it needs is to put its slacking engineers to work now as we speak. There is also another area that Egypt does not want to be told. There is tremendous amount of water of the Nile that gets wasted due to lack of tight control and regulation. On many inhabited areas the groundwater has been terribly contaminated/poisoned by the runoff from the fertilizers/pesticide used by the farmers. We all know how long it will take to clean up superfund sites such as these and how expensive it is. I had mentioned all these alternatives readily available to Egypt umpteen times here and on other websites in the past. You just don't seem to read between lines due to presupposition, I suppose. Let's avoid trying to be sarcastic also.

What I wrote in my previous comment above pertains to the situation now, as we speak.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 28 Jan 2020, 23:25

As a father of a wonderful daughter and now a grandfather of an angelic granddaughter my heart has been aching and bleeding since the news of abduction of these innocent daughters of all of us!!! Once again I feel utter helpless am holding everyone including the officials of the central government and Oromia Region. I call upon every patriotic countryman/woman of law expertise to take PM Abiy and his entire cabinet, Al-Toweel Shimelis Abdisa and every official under him to court and sue the living daylight out of them. These legal experts should call for assistance by every global humanitarian organization, The EU, The Hague, USA and the UN. Tell them Shimelis and his entourages are the kidnappers. Tell them PM Abiy and entire members of his cabinet are laughing at the agonized parents of the victims. Tell'em!!! These officials seem to be so disconnected from the society they are ruling that they have gone totally tone-deaf!!!! It seems that they don't or will never understand what kidnapping of a daughter means or how it feels just because they are not like those parents who don't have other choices except to send their daughters to a school tucked somewhere in a wilderness hundreds miles away. If these officials have to send their daughters to a far away place for schooling it will be here in the USA or Europe where they will be attended by full time personal butlers and cooks. They will never understand what kidnapping of a daughter means!!! They're making me sick!!! Sue their ever ballooning behind in a court of law. Embarrass the living daylight out of these tone-deaf truants of governance!!! I am holding every one of them responsible. Pretty soon I am gonna graduate them to be pedophiles!!! Every one of them!!!! And that will be their career highlight forever!!!! How about that!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 29 Jan 2020, 20:55

I'm with you bro!!! Such heinous act as kidnapping of students particularly female students is not nipped in the bud with telling blows, it is going to spreading like wild fire. We know kidnapping of young girls for forced marriage in one of our sick customs and this incident could have been used to deal it a crushing blow and make a statement both by the federal and regional governments. Such savage act is the result of the poison that fiefdom mongering bigots have been spewing around since the 1970's. They were spitting hatred from their missionary canteens first, then from the dump sites in Asmara and Al-Qahirah and now there on site since returning to the old country. We all notice that these 'new republic' planners are not talking about the plight of these innocent young girls just because they see them 'not belonging to one of their own'. For them 'mum is the word'!!!! You know why? It is because they are 'over burdened' with their sinister work to yank away a territory just to claim it as their personal fiefdom and then take their turn at looting!!!! These modern day black Neo-Nazis have contaminated the environment there so much that they have left behind many toxic ‘super-fund’ sites in several regions. It will take more than a generation to clean up.