Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Selam/

Eritrea backed King Gelawdios during war against Ahmad Gragn

Post by Selam/ » 22 Jan 2020, 05:47

It’s a fascinating story how Gragn led his army all the way to Tigray and got pushed back by Eritreans.

Ahmad Gurey: A Somali Muslim ruler who repelled Portuguese invasions - Read More: https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/ahmad ... ions-33121

Abdelaziz

Re: Eritrea backed King Gelawdios during war against Ahmad Gragn

Post by Abdelaziz » 22 Jan 2020, 06:30

Lootinesh Hamasenay, relax as you su'ck my anaconda, then I will tell you the true story. Gragn was defeated first in Embasenayt, Adwa, in a place called Nebelet. Then he was defeated at OFLA, near korem, from where he run to today's Gonder, 100% kimant land at thatbtime. There was no cursedartera at that time, the Bahrenegasi of that time, Bahrenegassi Yisak himself, was from Shire, Debremenkol, and all Barhrenegasis before him and after him were part of Tigray-Abay and hailed from either side of Mereb, but always under Tigray-MeKonnen's rule. Bahrenegassi Yisak fought against Gragn along with other Tigreans like him, inside Tigray and not in todays cursedartera like you insinuated here. Leba, kifu, Amharay-like Hamasenay lezbo; you are definitely the daughter of a tekolegna leba derg wetader and a hamasenay prostitute from abashawl.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jan 2020, 06:38

You've a very vivid imagination, lootiew.

Who told you that, your beggar father or cheap prostitite mother?

Provide a link for your claims like selam did, or spare us your defecating through the mouth.
Abdelaziz wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 06:30
Lootinesh Hamasenay, relax as you su'ck my anaconda, then I will tell you the true story. Gragn was defeated first in Embasenayt, Adwa, in a place called Nebelet. Then he was defeated at OFLA, near korem, from where he run to today's Gonder, 100% kimant land at thatbtime. There was no cursedartera at that time, the Bahrenegasi of that time, Bahrenegassi Yisak himself, was from Shire, Debremenkol, and all Barhrenegasis before him and after him were part of Tigray-Abay and hailed from either side of Mereb, but always under Tigray-MeKonnen's rule. Bahrenegassi Yisak fought against Gragn along with other Tigreans like him, inside Tigray and not in todays cursedartera like you insinuated here. Leba, kifu, Amharay-like Hamasenay lezbo; you are definitely the daughter of a tekolegna leba derg wetader and a hamasenay prostitute from abashawl.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jan 2020, 06:48

Ahmad Gurey: A Somali Muslim ruler who repelled Portuguese invasion.

18 HOURS AGO

As part of a series, TRT World explores fascinating stories of African figures whose contribution to humanity has been largely neglected.

Ahmed Gurey was instrumental in bringing three-quarters of Ethiopia under the control of the majority-Muslim Adal Empire between 1529-43.

Although Islam had arrived in Ethiopia in the 7th Century, influencing its nomadic tribes across the Red Sea and slowly spreading inland across the eastern and southern parts of present-day Ethiopia, Gurey's contribution to the region was unparalled when it came to resisting Portuguese invasions.

Between the 14th and 15th centuries, as Islam gained popularity in the African continent, where slavery was normalised by several powers, many Muslim rulers emerged as a decisive force, questioning the old power structures. The Christian monarchy of Ethiopia faced resistance from many Muslim rulers who jostled for control of trade routes connecting the Red Sea. Gurey went down in history as a fierce leader who put up a strong fight against an old Ethiopian monarchy and its main backer, the Portugese Empire.

Known as the conqueror among his Muslim subjects, Gurey confronted stalwarts like Cristovao da Gama, the son of famed Portuguese explorer, Vasco da Gama.

While Cristovao came to support Lebna Dengel, the Emperor of Ethiopia, the Ottoman Empire threw its weight behind Gurey.

Besides being a skilled military leader, Guray was an Imam who headed the Adal region as a general. His real name was Ahmad ibn Ibrahim al Ghazi. Gurey was his nickname, which in Somali language means ‘the left-handed one’.

Gurey was born in Zeila, a port city in northwestern Somalia which then became a part of Adal, a Muslim state that was part of the Ethiopian Solomonic dynasty. He married Bati del Wambara, the daughter of Mahfuz, who was the governor of Adal.

Mahfuz was killed on his return from a military campaign against Emperor Dengel in 1517, pushing the Adal sultanate toward chaos and fragmentation in the following years.

Over a decade later, Gurey established order in the region by invading Ethiopia in 1529. He inspired courage in his troops as he was a highly disciplined military general with a thorough understanding of Ottoman military tactics. His army had a significant number of Turkish soldiers.

By 1531, Gurey was successful in breaking Emperor Dengel’s last phases of resistance, making further advances. By October, he entered Tigray, defeating Dengel's remaining forces.

But the war continued until 1543 because the Portuguese Empire sent its troops to the Massawa port in February 1541 when Emperor Gelawdewos had taken the throne following Dengel's killing.

The Portuguese troops were led by Da Gama, who met Gurey face to face in April 1542 at Jarte. The meeting did not bring any truce as Da Gama organised his troops and marched against Gurey’s army.

He was successful in dealing with Gurey's cannon fire, even wounding Gurey in the leg with a chance shot.

Da Gama was quick to move against his camp, hoping to deal a final blow to the injured general. In the spring of 1543, he attacked Gurey's base camp, using enormous firepower, which traumatised Gurey’s cavalries. Many of Gurey's soldiers fled the battlefield in fear.

Da Gama received reinforcements from Eshaq, the ruler of Mdre Bahri - Eritrea in present-day - and he chased down Gurey’s troops. Because of the rainy weather, he couldn’t engage with Gurey for a third time. He stayed near Ashenge Lake and camped at Wofla still within sight of his opponent.

Aware of his losses, Gurey received 2,000 additional musketeers from Arabia. The Ottoman Empire provided him with long-range artillery support and sent at least 900 well trained men to boost his ranks.

Now Da Gama was at a disadvantage with only 300 musketeers left. Many of his troopers with firearms couldn't survive the initial clashes. As the rainy weather ended, Gurey launched a lethal counterattack on the Portuguese camp, destroying most of Da Gama’s troops. Even Da Gama was wounded and killed during the clash.

On February 21, 1543, the remaining Portugese soldiers, along with Emperor Gelawdewos, returned with a surprise attack in which Gurey was shot dead by a Portuguese musketeer.

Gurey’s wife Wambara managed to escape the battlefield with some surviving units of soldiers, including Turks. She went back to Harar where she cultivated local support and then married Nur ibn Mujahid, Gurey's successor, on the condition that he would avenge her husband's death.

Between 1554-1555, Nur ibn Mujahid embarked on a war in eastern Ethiopia. By 1559, he had invaded Fatagar and killed Emperor Galawdewos in a fierce battle.

Abdelaziz

Post by Abdelaziz » 22 Jan 2020, 06:53

kkkkk lootiew Hamasenay zifeshelet, your the lootiew the world knows, you cannot pass your hamasenay disease to straight Agazian Tigreans like me. And who the hell are you for me to waste my time to dig links to the historical fact I know very well? It is the truth, live with it.
Bit'ch hamasenay lootiew, and why repost what Selam gual wetader and hamasen prostitute posted above, you must be a retarded illiterate.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 22 Jan 2020, 10:25

Abdul the untamable Woyane bull - Good try that you jumped in to defend your insecure criminal ego. It’s my burden to spank your skinny arse again. Here are the points I wanted to make:

- Lebna Dengel of Debre Damo, who is partly Tigrean and partly Amhara & Oromo and had a small Muslim lineage and whose seat was in Berera - Shoa, reigned over the entire Ethiopia from Gondar to Bahir Negash to Zeila (today Somaliland). He killed the governor of Zeila who was the father-in-law of Gragn but Dengel later died in Debre Damo monastery in Tigray while exiled from Shoa due to Gragn’s radical expansion.

- Gelawdios was the son of Lebna Dengel. Assisted by Portuguese and Bahire Negash, he defeated Gragn and killed him around Lake Tana. But later he himself was beheaded in Harar while fighting the Sultanates army. His body is buried in Shoa near Majete.

- The Ottomans were always our enemy and sought to penetrate into the Ethiopian highlands several times but they were pushed back by heroic Bahire Negash. The ottomans later successfully used the Adal Sultanate to destabilize the country.

- Ahmad Gragn of the Adal Sultanate (today Somaliland) who was married to a Harari woman and became a great warrior defeated Ethiopian kings and swept across 75% of the country including Shewa, Gonder, Wollo and part of Tigray. The order of Prophet Mohammed ‘not to harm Ethiopians’ did not prevent Gragn. He looted and destroyed many monasteries and churches, including Hayiq, Lalibela and the Church of Mary of Zion in Axum which was later rebuilt by King Fasilides.

This is the history of Ethiopia I know and love. Amhara Kings getting married to Tigray or Oromo nobility or vise versa. One religion crossing over the other. Rulers strategically cooperating with each other and at times fighting against each other. Territories expanding and shrinking and in the process some tribes harshly getting beat up to extinction while others are reinvigorated.

Whereas subhuman Woyane thugs try here to pull a line out of the history book and claim that the victory part is only theirs and they have nothing to do with any of the defeats. Buda, you’re shallow and ignorant to say the least. We intermarried, fought together and died together until TPLF warts showed up. KIFU!

Abdelaziz wrote:
Last edited by Selam/ on 22 Jan 2020, 12:43, edited 3 times in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jan 2020, 10:41

Since when is the slogan "Awet n'Hafash" or "the shida" yours, for instance?

You always plagiarize, & take credit for Eritrea's achievements. You're not only a sick sodomite, for your constant "anaconda" talk but your people are leeches & vampires.

Abdelaziz wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 06:53
kkkkk lootiew Hamasenay zifeshelet, your the lootiew the world knows, you cannot pass your hamasenay disease to straight Agazian Tigreans like me. And who the hell are you for me to waste my time to dig links to the historical fact I know very well? It is the truth, live with it.
Bit'ch hamasenay lootiew, and why repost what Selam gual wetader and hamasen prostitute posted above, you must be a retarded illiterate.

Bete Gojjam

Post by Bete Gojjam » 22 Jan 2020, 13:24

Selam/ wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 10:25
- Lebna Dengel of Debre Damo, who is partly Tigrean and partly Amhara & Oromo and had a small Muslim lineage and whose seat was in Berera - Shoa, reigned over the entire Ethiopia from Gondar to Bahir Negash to Zeila (today Somaliland). He killed the governor of Zeila who was the father-in-law of Gragn but Dengel later died in Debre Damo monastery in Tigray while exiled from Shoa due to Gragn’s radical expansion.

Abdelaziz wrote:
SHOW ME THE SOURCE OF LEBNA DENGELS OROMO HISTORY EVIL SON OF A BÍTCH AHMED GRAGN WAS NOT SOMALI HE WAS ETHIOSEMITE YOU HISTORY LESS ÓROMIFFIA AND SOMALI CARSED HISTORY LESS ARTERAN

TRT NEWS IS A CURSED OTTOMAN TURK

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 22 Jan 2020, 13:47

Well written history lesson. Most of it is in line with what I know. The major thing of the few I disagree with LebeDingil's Oromo linage.
Overall, well written history lesson for those who try to deny their own history.
About Eritrea, though, there is a word of mouth I heard growing up. The reason Gragn was never able to invade Eritrea was "God covered the entire Eritrea/Bahre Negash with tick clouds and the Gragn soldiers were not able see through, let alone fight".

Selam/ wrote:
Abdul the untamable Woyane bull - Good try that you jumped in to defend your insecure criminal ego. It’s my burden to spank your skinny arse again. Here are the points I wanted to make:

- Gelawdios was the son of Lebna Dengel. Assisted by Portuguese and Bahire Negash, he defeated Gragn and killed him around Lake Tana. But later he himself was beheaded in Harar while fighting the Sultanates army. His body is buried in Shoa near Majete.

- The Ottomans were always our enemy and sought to penetrate into the Ethiopian highlands several times but they were pushed back by heroic Bahire Negash. The ottomans later successfully used the Adal Sultanate to destabilize the country.

- Ahmad Gragn of the Adal Sultanate (today Somaliland) who was married to a Harari woman and became a great warrior defeated Ethiopian kings and swept across 75% of the country including Shewa, Gonder, Wollo and part of Tigray. The order of Prophet Mohammed ‘not to harm Ethiopians’ did not prevent Gragn. He looted and destroyed many monasteries and churches, including Hayiq, Lalibela and the Church of Mary of Zion in Axum which was later rebuilt by King Fasilides.

This is the history of Ethiopia I know and love. Amhara Kings getting married to Tigray or Oromo nobility or vise versa. One religion crossing over the other. Rulers strategically cooperating with each other and at times fighting against each other. Territories expanding and shrinking and in the process some tribes harshly getting beat up to extinction while others are reinvigorated.

Whereas subhuman Woyane thugs try here to pull a line out of the history book and claim that the victory part is only theirs and they have nothing to do with any of the defeats. Buda, you’re shallow and ignorant to say the least. We intermarried, fought together and died together until TPLF warts showed up. KIFU!

Abdelaziz wrote:

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jan 2020, 14:22

Yeah, that's why the result of our referendum looks like this. :roll:
An independence referendum was held in Eritrea between 23 and 25 April 1993. The result was 99.83% in favour, with a 98.5% turnout. Independence was declared on 27 April.
No, thanx!

Keep your Ethiopia, for yourself. If you can keep it intact, that is.

present wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 13:35
Another late attempt ascaris begging to be Ethiopians :lol: :lol:

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 22 Jan 2020, 20:16

Oooh, boy. Apologize, the Oromo lineage was indeed a mistake. A whopper of a mistake. They didn’t enter the Ethiopian administration until the reign of king Iyasu. I often get carried away by the thought of it. Good catch, kudos!

Not sure about the Midre Bahir Legend though. There must be a stronger reason why Gragn was unable to control the highlands given the presence of the Ottomans in Dahlak and Massawa and his own lineage to Zeila. The entire coastline was basically controlled by armies in favor of him and therefore chocking the trade routes of the Ethiopian kings was pretty easy. I assume, Gragn’s easy victory over Central Ethiopia is partly attributed to the presence of Showa Sultanate footprints.

simbe11 wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 13:47
Well written history lesson. Most of it is in line with what I know. The major thing of the few I disagree with LebeDingil's Oromo linage.
Overall, well written history lesson for those who try to deny their own history.
About Eritrea, though, there is a word of mouth I heard growing up. The reason Gragn was never able to invade Eritrea was "God covered the entire Eritrea/Bahre Negash with tick clouds and the Gragn soldiers were not able see through, let alone fight".

Selam/ wrote:

Abdelaziz wrote:

EthioRedSea

Post by EthioRedSea » 22 Jan 2020, 21:14

There was no Eritrea in 1530. Eritrea was created in 1890 by Menelik and Italy.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jan 2020, 21:19

You're simply, an incorrigible & perverted little child.
present wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 21:07
Easy for you to say living in day care center in the US. How about the 8000 a month ascaris running into Ethiopia. How about the young generation who are burning your flag and dream about being Ethiopian. How about alll the amara dic'kn you are doing on ER :lol:

Zmeselo wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 14:22
Yeah, that's why the result of our referendum looks like this. :roll:
An independence referendum was held in Eritrea between 23 and 25 April 1993. The result was 99.83% in favour, with a 98.5% turnout. Independence was declared on 27 April.
No, thanx!

Keep your Ethiopia, for yourself. If you can keep it intact, that is.

present wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 13:35
Another late attempt ascaris begging to be Ethiopians :lol: :lol:

Bete Gojjam

Post by Bete Gojjam » 22 Jan 2020, 21:50

EthioRedSea wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 21:14
Midrebahri is the historical Kingdom of Tegarus South Mereb North Mereb united and Sepertated from Tekeze which split Amhara from tegaru

Midirbahri was runned by the elites of Debre Damo

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jan 2020, 22:03

Do you even know, what Medrebahri means? Land by the sea. You don't call what's yours, "land by the sea."

The ugume called it, Mereb mlash. Land beyond the Mereb. Administered from Dubaruwa.

This is getting so basic & boring!

Bete Gojjam wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 21:50
EthioRedSea wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 21:14
Midrebahri is the historical Kingdom of Tegarus South Mereb North Mereb united and Sepertated from Tekeze which split Amhara from tegaru

Midirbahri was runned by the elites of Debre Damo