Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Awash
Senior Member+

In Defense of Tamrat Negera

Post by Awash » 14 Jan 2020, 14:33

Burhan Ali. 5 mins ago Articles

If I were to empty and free myself of affection, sentiments, anger, concern and all sorts of feelings; that is if I could turn myself into pure reason, I would find that the Ethiopian Journalist, Tamrat Negara, who brought on himself, undeservedly, the wrath of many Eritreans is a real friend of Eritrea, and those who attacked him may have been confused and led astray by following their emotions and sentiments.

There is an Arabic proverb which states that- a friend is the one who speaks the truth to your face, not the one who believes you- I yield myself to this saying and such being the case, I consider Mr. Negera a friend of Eritrea.

Mr. Negera has, in a frank and straight forward style, listed the evils that created and keep creating havoc in Eritrea today. He named names and pointed fingers to the culprit describing the Eritrean reality in a raw language and without a flinch...
Keep reading: http://awate.com/defense-tamrat-negera/ ... sYRpEf0zzg

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Re: In Defense of Tamrat Negera

Post by Fed_Up » 14 Jan 2020, 14:55

Sew Tera bilute Awate and Segeràw belo ale :P

The “Segeràw “ businesses is over. It was a few das bruhaha. The good thing is real Eritreans those who government supports and opposition figures stand in solidarity and united which sent shock to the “Segeràw “ handlers. It is business as usual to the woyanus. I can confidently say another low iq woyanus mission ate the dust.

Neger enda agame !! :oops:

The game is very over#

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 14 Jan 2020, 17:18

If I were to empty and free myself of affection, sentiments, anger, concern and all sorts of feelings; that is if I could turn myself into pure reason, I would find that the Ethiopian Journalist, Tamrat Negara, who brought on himself, undeservedly, the wrath of many Eritreans is a real friend of Eritrea, and those who attacked him may have been confused and led astray by following their emotions and sentiments.

There is an Arabic proverb which states that- a friend is the one who speaks the truth to your face, not the one who believes you- I yield myself to this saying and such being the case, I consider Mr. Negera a friend of Eritrea.

Mr. Negera has, in a frank and straight forward style, listed the evils that created and keep creating havoc in Eritrea today. He named names and pointed fingers to the culprit describing the Eritrean reality in a raw language and without a flinch.

Mr. Negera stated that neither Haile Selassie’s regime nor the Derg expelled Eritreans at the height of their war, it was their brother Melles Zenawi who did that.

I agree and you too have to agree! It is the truth!

“Much abuses and horrors where perpetrated by the regimes of Haile Selassie and that of the Derg but neither excised kidneys of Eritreans to manage its affairs, it was the Eritrean regime who did that, not us” Mr. Negera continued saying.

“The Derg regime may have violated places of worship in Ethiopia but what happens to places of worship and people of faith at the hands of the Eritrean regime is unparalleled. It is the Eritrean regime who imprisons Eritreans in metal containers in the wilderness, not us.” Mr. Negera adds.

“In contrast to the Derg’s generous policy of facilitating the entry of Eritreans to the Ethiopian university, regardless that it was for buying loyalties, the University of Asmara, was closed by the Eritrean regime, not by us,” says Mr. Negera.

“Eritrea is a country without banks and if there is any, no customer may have access to his money,” says Mr. Negera.

I agree and you, too, have to agree, it is the truth.

“Ethiopia needs no declaration of war to capture Eritrea, Ethiopians may March to Eritrea without firing a shot while brushing their teeth at the same time. All who can put a fight are outside Eritrea,” says Mr. Negera.

I agree that this is how far the Eritrean regime macerated and weakened Eritrea, and you have to agree, it is the truth.

Unless we want to hold back and conceal the truth from ourselves, we have to accept as true and accurate, all the points concerning the reality on the ground in Eritrea as raised by the Ethiopian journalist.

Mr. Negera’s words are words of a bold man belying a power-hungry clown, Abiy Ahmed, who since his domination of the Ethiopian political center-stage didn’t save an opportunity to lie about the Eritrean reality and never missed a chance to rehabilitate and enable his friend the tyrant of Eritrea. Abiy Ahmed who would stop at nothing and would go as far as stooping so low, for the love of his comrade in the quest for power –Isaias Afewerki, as to put an international peace organization’s forum in embarrassment by his ridiculous attempt of smuggling a warmongering and internationally indicted criminal, Isaias Afwerki, into the peace prize qualification which the very forum had denied him beforehand.

To dislike the machinations of the sycophant Abiy and the bold words of Mr. Negera at the same time is a contradiction in terms, if not outright paranoia.

The provocative and troubling parts of Mr. Negera’s pronouncements such as the creation by Ethiopia of an Ethiopian Gaza strip in Eritrea may be explained in either of two ways. In the movie “Zorba the Greek”, there was a lonely and beautiful old lady who was respected by all of her neighbors throughout, but when at her deathbed and before she dies everybody started stealing and plundering her furniture. This is the case with Eritrea as seen by Mr. Negera–a lady at her deathbed, and what would a neighbor do to a lonely dying lady except inheriting her. What a neighbor does by his acquired inheritance henceforth is his own business even if it is the creation of his own Gaza in Eritrea.

If Eritrea is indeed dying as it seems to be (unless Eritreans give it a kiss of life) blaming and attacking Mr. Negera for displaying his human nature in the quality of acquiring of owner-less property is futile and bears no fruit.

But the Ethiopian journalist shows no sophistication in his speculations at this juncture, he didn’t consider everything while speculating, for example, that Ethiopia is not Israel, by far and Eritrea is not Gaza strip either and by as much.

The alternative explanation of Mr. Negera’s excesses is the assumption that he is not only a friend of Eritrea but a caring, sophisticated friend who took irony into his hands to make his friends, the Eritreans, feel the sting and wake up to do something by way of saving their country from the expected destiny, a destiny he so clearly and dazzlingly he depicted.

The indication which qualifies this alternative explanation to probable is displayed in the fact that the Eritrean regime has responded to Mr. Negera’s interview through its ambassador in Japan. A regime that stops at no criticism and responds to nothing is this time responding, it must have been painful. But I like that and you should like it too.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 14 Jan 2020, 19:16

ታምራት ነገራ፡ ዕጉም ሻቦን ነገራ
ታምራት ነገራ፣ ልክልኩን ነገራ
ታምራት ነገራ፡ እውነቱን ነገራ
ታምራት ነገራ፡ ጭንቅል ጭንቅላቱን ሰበራ።
:lol: :mrgreen:

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 14 Jan 2020, 21:49

Fandiya,
Am I right?
ታምራት ነገራ፣ ልክልኩን ነገራ
ታምራት ነገራ፡ እውነቱን ነገራ

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 14 Jan 2020, 23:11

You realize the abuser is cento per cento Agame and not Tamrat Negera.
present wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 21:52
Here you go! of course, ascaris love to be abused! No wonder why they are slaves :lol: :lol:

Awash wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 14:33

Mr. Negera has, in a frank and straight forward style, listed the evils that created and keep creating havoc in Eritrea today. He named names and pointed fingers to the culprit describing the Eritrean reality in a raw language and without a flinch...

YAY

Post by YAY » 15 Jan 2020, 03:05

Dear All: Shame on Burhan Ali, who failed to differentiate between Eritrea's real friends and foes

Tamerat Negera, from his utterances, is not any type of friend of Eritrea, let alone "a real friend of Eritrea." Let Burhan Ali consider Tamerat as personal friend, if wants to. Otherwise, Tamerat, in principle, is in no way a friend of Eritrea. Tamerat is targeting Eritrea for occupation and re-colonization of Eritrea by his co-citizens; denying the human rights and rights of self-determination and self-government of the whole Eritrean people. I would not deny Burhan Ali the right to criticize President Issaias, PFDJ, and the Government of Eritrea for some of their real policies and practices and work to keep Eritrea independent as well as work to bring peace and cooperation among Eritreans. But...

Anyone who speaks the truth about you is not necessarily your friend. Burhan Ali is misusing the Arabic proverb. If that was the case any enemy informant would be a freedom fighter's friend, which is not a valid conclusion. Even if Tamerat's criticism of the Eritrean government were true (it is debatable that they are true), it is not his aim to maintain Eritrean sovereignty and political independence. That alone should have told Burhan Ali if Tamerat, in principle, is a friend or foe of Eritrea's national freedom. Tamerat's aim is to invade and conquer Eritrea as a whole, not to free its people or democratize its institutions. How is he a real friend of Eritrea if he is advocating for its occupation without its consent?

Burhan Ali is, in essence, trading tactical benefits (Tamerat helping him in criticizing PIA) with a goal of losing a strategic objective (maintaining Eritrea's sovereign existence, with/without PIA at the helm). Other Eritreans are expressing their outrage against Tamerat for his lack of respect to international norms of law, justice and peaceful coexistence, not because they are emotional or sentimental. Burhan is, I think, for some reason out of his mind and normal wisdom. Shame on Burhan Ali for confusing one who dreams of destroying Eritrea as its real friend.

Awash wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 17:18

Mr. Negera has, in a frank and straight forward style, listed the evils that created and keep creating havoc in Eritrea today. He named names and pointed fingers to the culprit describing the Eritrean reality in a raw language and without a flinch.

Mr. Negera stated that neither Haile Selassie’s regime nor the Derg expelled Eritreans at the height of their war, it was their brother Melles Zenawi who did that.

“Much abuses and horrors where perpetrated by the regimes of Haile Selassie and that of the Derg but neither excised kidneys of Eritreans to manage its affairs, it was the Eritrean regime who did that, not us” Mr. Negera continued saying.

“The Derg regime may have violated places of worship in Ethiopia but what happens to places of worship and people of faith at the hands of the Eritrean regime is unparalleled. It is the Eritrean regime who imprisons Eritreans in metal containers in the wilderness, not us.” Mr. Negera adds.

“In contrast to the Derg’s generous policy of facilitating the entry of Eritreans to the Ethiopian university, regardless that it was for buying loyalties, the University of Asmara, was closed by the Eritrean regime, not by us,” says Mr. Negera.

“Eritrea is a country without banks and if there is any, no customer may have access to his money,” says Mr. Negera.

“Ethiopia needs no declaration of war to capture Eritrea, Ethiopians may March to Eritrea without firing a shot while brushing their teeth at the same time. All who can put a fight are outside Eritrea,” says Mr. Negera.

I agree that this is how far the Eritrean regime macerated and weakened Eritrea, and you have to agree, it is the truth.

Unless we want to hold back and conceal the truth from ourselves, we have to accept as true and accurate, all the points concerning the reality on the ground in Eritrea as raised by the Ethiopian journalist.

Mr. Negera’s words are words of a bold man belying a power-hungry clown, Abiy Ahmed, who since his domination of the Ethiopian political center-stage didn’t save an opportunity to lie about the Eritrean reality and never missed a chance to rehabilitate and enable his friend the tyrant of Eritrea. Abiy Ahmed who would stop at nothing and would go as far as stooping so low, for the love of his comrade in the quest for power –Isaias Afewerki, as to put an international peace organization’s forum in embarrassment by his ridiculous attempt of smuggling a warmongering and internationally indicted criminal, Isaias Afwerki, into the peace prize qualification which the very forum had denied him beforehand.

To dislike the machinations of the sycophant Abiy and the bold words of Mr. Negera at the same time is a contradiction in terms, if not outright paranoia.

The provocative and troubling parts of Mr. Negera’s pronouncements such as the creation by Ethiopia of an Ethiopian Gaza strip in Eritrea may be explained in either of two ways. In the movie “Zorba the Greek”, there was a lonely and beautiful old lady who was respected by all of her neighbors throughout, but when at her deathbed and before she dies everybody started stealing and plundering her furniture. This is the case with Eritrea as seen by Mr. Negera–a lady at her deathbed, and what would a neighbor do to a lonely dying lady except inheriting her. What a neighbor does by his acquired inheritance henceforth is his own business even if it is the creation of his own Gaza in Eritrea.

If Eritrea is indeed dying as it seems to be (unless Eritreans give it a kiss of life) blaming and attacking Mr. Negera for displaying his human nature in the quality of acquiring of owner-less property is futile and bears no fruit.

But the Ethiopian journalist shows no sophistication in his speculations at this juncture, he didn’t consider everything while speculating, for example, that Ethiopia is not Israel, by far and Eritrea is not Gaza strip either and by as much.

The alternative explanation of Mr. Negera’s excesses is the assumption that he is not only a friend of Eritrea but a caring, sophisticated friend who took irony into his hands to make his friends, the Eritreans, feel the sting and wake up to do something by way of saving their country from the expected destiny, a destiny he so clearly and dazzlingly he depicted.

The indication which qualifies this alternative explanation to probable is displayed in the fact that the Eritrean regime has responded to Mr. Negera’s interview through its ambassador in Japan. A regime that stops at no criticism and responds to nothing is this time responding, it must have been painful. But I like that and you should like it too.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 15 Jan 2020, 11:03

Yay,

Well put. No matter how much truth is in it, the enemy is trying to use it to his own dreadful advantage. Unfortunately, the opposition is composed of good, bad and ugly. i doubt the government will reform in such atmosphere. Eritrea is independent in form not substance. it is sliding. That is worrisome.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 15 Jan 2020, 12:17

YOYO,
There you go again. When was the last time you criticized the worst tyrant in Eritrean history: dictator Issu? The human rights and self-determination of the Eritrean people has been highjacked by this worst of the worst dictator and you never had the guts to criticize the baztards.
Tamirat said it like it is: straight talk like the Eritrean way. You and you fellow stooges, however, have been cheering the gross human rights violations and crimes against humanity perptrated by the savage regime. The true friend is not the one who cheers the abuser; the true friend is the one who tells the truth. You and your fellow stooges are not the friends of Eritrea and the Eritrean people. You and your tyrants are the enemy.
YAY wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 03:05
Dear All: Shame on Burhan Ali, who failed to differentiate between Eritrea's real friends and foes

Tamerat Negera, from his utterances, is not any type of friend of Eritrea, let alone "a real friend of Eritrea." Let Burhan Ali consider Tamerat as personal friend, if wants to. Otherwise, Tamerat, in principle, is in no way a friend of Eritrea. Tamerat is targeting Eritrea for occupation and re-colonization of Eritrea by his co-citizens; denying the human rights and rights of self-determination and self-government of the whole Eritrean people. I would not deny Burhan Ali the right to criticize President Issaias, PFDJ, and the Government of Eritrea for some of their real policies and practices and work to keep Eritrea independent as well as work to bring peace and cooperation among Eritreans. But...

Anyone who speaks the truth about you is not necessarily your friend. Burhan Ali is misusing the Arabic proverb. If that was the case any enemy informant would be a freedom fighter's friend, which is not a valid conclusion. Even if Tamerat's criticism of the Eritrean government were true (it is debatable that they are true), it is not his aim to maintain Eritrean sovereignty and political independence. That alone should have told Burhan Ali if Tamerat, in principle, is a friend or foe of Eritrea's national freedom. Tamerat's aim is to invade and conquer Eritrea as a whole, not to free its people or democratize its institutions. How is he a real friend of Eritrea if he is advocating for its occupation without its consent?

Burhan Ali is, in essence, trading tactical benefits (Tamerat helping him in criticizing PIA) with a goal of losing a strategic objective (maintaining Eritrea's sovereign existence, with/without PIA at the helm). Other Eritreans are expressing their outrage against Tamerat for his lack of respect to international norms of law, justice and peaceful coexistence, not because they are emotional or sentimental. Burhan is, I think, for some reason out of his mind and normal wisdom. Shame on Burhan Ali for confusing one who dreams of destroying Eritrea as its real friend.

Awash wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 17:18

Last edited by Awash on 15 Jan 2020, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 15 Jan 2020, 13:08

Dr. Burhan ali is a diehard eritrean. He is known to many and no question to that.

I believe what he is trying to say is: let me put it in tigrigna:

Ab Aadina bahli allo biHilfi ab qushotat...nsu kaa Aamet Aamet SONO tiseti metan iti ab kebdikha zello hagdegna baliE bacteria yikun virus ketewitse. Imo Kem sono merir neger yelen kitsetyo kelekha maletsi inatesaQekha tistyo keyfetokha miknyatu TQmu sletifilt.

Binatey riieto, izi iyu dr. Burhan ali ziblo zello maletsi neti gazetegna lekbat humar tamrat kem SONO Qutseruwo. Bitter truth negiruna iti HaQi niQebello iyu ziblenna zello.

YAY

Post by YAY » 16 Jan 2020, 11:11

Dear Kerenite: Burhan should defend "Haqqi(the truth)" and not Tamerat Negera

You equated the truth with "merir neger" (a bitter thing), and you have to take what might be painful/unpleasant to drink/swallow in order to clean your stomach from hadegegna beliE [parasite], bacteria or virus. And, according to your understanding, Burhan is saying, Tamerat told us the bitter truth, and let us acknowledge the bitter truth, and we would benefit from it.

I don't know why you have to go through all that to tell me: accept the truth. If that is easier for you to comprehend I would use your scenario. I hope you agree that taking any bitter medication to relieve yourself of an illness, the truth about which is not known (or not properly diagnosed), could be dangerous to your life. What I am saying is that Tamerat's so-called truths are not really true (substantiated and accepted as truths: "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth"). I don't know about you, but Burhan Ali agrees with Tamerat, and I don't. We don't have the same level of acceptance on the validity of Tamerat's statements---i.e.Tamerat's and Burhan's source of stomach ache may be a parasite, Kerenite's may be a bacteria, and YAY's may be a virus. As a result the medication Burhan takes/swallows may be bitter, yours might be sweet, and mine might be tasteless.

Let us have a common understanding and acceptance of the so-called truths of Tamerat Negera. And let us use the actual findings to defend the truths and Eritrea(ns); not Tamerat or his objectives. Did he raise any new so-called truths that Sheila Keetharuth did not say, which were not accepted by the leaders of the United Nations?

kerenite wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 13:08
Dr. Burhan ali is a diehard eritrean. He is known to many and no question to that.

I believe what he is trying to say is: let me put it in tigrigna:

Ab Aadina bahli allo biHilfi ab qushotat...nsu kaa Aamet Aamet SONO tiseti metan iti ab kebdikha zello hagdegna baliE bacteria yikun virus ketewitse. Imo Kem sono merir neger yelen kitsetyo kelekha maletsi inatesaQekha tistyo keyfetokha miknyatu TQmu sletifilt.

Binatey riieto, izi iyu dr. Burhan ali ziblo zello maletsi neti gazetegna lekbat humar tamrat kem SONO Qutseruwo. Bitter truth negiruna iti HaQi niQebello iyu ziblenna zello.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 16 Jan 2020, 13:06

The father of Eritrean "constitution", Dr Bereket Habte selassie wants to see Eritrea and Ethiopia united before his death. Tamerat Negera's view is in the same line of thought albeit he was willing to accommodate secessionists a "space" of their own along side Ethiopians.

In Defense of Tamerat Negera, he is a fair man!

Check the following clip.

Last edited by Dawi on 16 Jan 2020, 13:17, edited 2 times in total.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 16 Jan 2020, 13:09

YOYO,
THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH SO HELP HIM...
ታምራት ነገራ፡ ዕጉም ሻቦን ነገራ
ታምራት ነገራ፣ ልክልኩን ነገራ
ታምራት ነገራ፡ እውነቱን ነገራ

YAY

Post by YAY » 17 Jan 2020, 19:42

Dear Aurora: You said, "Eritrea is independent in form not substance." Explain what you mean.

I thought about it, but I could not figure out what you really mean by it. In what form is Eritrea independent, and in what substance is Eritrea not independent? Eritrea is sliding from what to what form or substance? Explain what is worrisome to you.

Aurorae wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 11:03
Yay,

Well put. No matter how much truth is in it, the enemy is trying to use it to his own dreadful advantage. Unfortunately, the opposition is composed of good, bad and ugly. i doubt the government will reform in such atmosphere. Eritrea is independent in form not substance. it is sliding. That is worrisome.

YAY

Post by YAY » 17 Jan 2020, 20:45

Dear Awash: The Truth, the whole Truth, nothing but the Truth, should be the same to all of us

Objective truth, not interpreted truth, should be the same thing to all of us. You often bring up reports that others wrote down. You remember that Ms. Sheila Keetharuth (the UN Human Rights Commission Rapporteur on Eritrea) wrote down a lot of allegations on Eritrea. She claimed that the Government was committing crimes against humanity, and recommended that Eritrean leaders should be referred to the International Criminal Court for trial. And Government representatives---Yemane Gebraab among them--- argued that,
The COI has no solid evidence or firm legal basis to support this extreme and unfounded charge, " he said. "The report of the COI fails to meet the principles of impartiality, objectivity and non-selectivity.
https://www.voanews.com/africa/un-inves ... t-humanity and the international community concurred with the Government of Eritrea, and Ms. Sheila's 484(?) pages report was trashed.

There is practically no allegation that Tamerat Negera has raised that was not written down by Ms. Sheila K., but his interpretations were different. Ms. Sheila was generally saying Eritrean leaders were suspected criminals and should be tried by the ICC, while Tamerat is saying in summary, 'we did not harm you as much as your Government did, Eritreans don't have any moral ground to respond to me, we need our own port, so we must invade Eritrea and make it ours.' Give me the truth, not fake report, about Eritrea and I would give my honest opinion, even criticizing the Government or PFDJ. Please stop recycling Ms. Sheila's trashed report.

One new allegation I've heard from Tamerat Negera is that there are no banks in Eritrea. This (no banks and no access to own accounts) is a newer allegation, and that is also false. There are banks in Eritrea, and people could withdraw money from their accounts. However, there is one change--- i.e limitations on withdrawal amounts per period.

After the Government found out that c. 60% of Eritrea's Nakfa currency was not circulating in Eritrea (during the time that TPLF/EPRDF was in power in Etiyopiya), it has to print new Nakfa notes, and introduced cash withdrawal amount limitations. And such limitations on money withdrawals are not unique to Eritrea. They are common practice all over the world, but for varied purposes. For example,

China controls cash amount withdrawals with rules aimed at curbing money laundering, terrorism financing and tax evasion.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/economy ... -bank-card

Cyprus limits on bank withdrawals.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ ... ithdrawals.

Ethiopia: law limits how much you can withdraw from the bank and carry on your person.
https://www.ethiovisit.com/money-matters/85/

Greece controlled cash withdrawal amounts to control capital flights.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-euro ... SKCN1GC1KZ

Lebanon's banks set withdrawal limit of $1000 a week.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -of-crisis

Nigeria: banks limit daily and annual withdrawals.
https://www.atmmarketplace.com/news/nig ... thdrawals/

U.K. : banks place limits (500 from machine and 2500 from bank counter) on withdrawals.
https://www.smallworldfs.com/en/blog/ho ... bank-in-uk

U.S.America : you can take only six withdrawals/month from a savings account.
https://www.investopedia.com/this-gover ... nt-4589978

Awash wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 13:09
YOYO,
THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH SO HELP HIM...
ታምራት ነገራ፡ ዕጉም ሻቦን ነገራ
ታምራት ነገራ፣ ልክልኩን ነገራ
ታምራት ነገራ፡ እውነቱን ነገራ

Dawi wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 13:06
The father of Eritrean "constitution", Dr Bereket Habte selassie wants to see Eritrea and Ethiopia united before his death. Tamerat Negera's view is in the same line of thought albeit he was willing to accommodate secessionists a "space" of their own along side Ethiopians.

YAY

Post by YAY » 17 Jan 2020, 21:50

Dear Dawit: Oh please, be reasonable: how are they in the same line of thought?

I would not call Dr. Bereket Habte Selassie the "father" of the 1997 Eritrean Constitution. With other due respect to him, he failed to get that honor by forgetting the date the Constitution should have been effective. A constitution without an effective date is a dead constitution, but, may be, only good as a reference document.

I have tried to listen to Dr. Bereket on the video you offered. It was not easy to hear every word he said, but, after talking about Pan African unity, I heard him say:
I have been part of Ethiopia. In the larger sense...we are all Ethiopians---historically, culturally-speaking....and my wish and my hope, before I die, is that we come back together in the larger sense of unity transcending all these divisions....
This was said when the TPLF/EPRDF was in power over Etiyopiya, and no peace deal was signed between the two nations. The conflict and division between the two countries was a few degrees lower than the highest level. His comments raise more questions than they gives us clear answers, but I think he was talking, as diplomatically as possible, about peace (coming back together) between the two countries by crossing over (or transcending) the divisions. He did not explicitly say that Etiyopiya must invade independent Eritrea and make it part of it (the unity of the two independent countries into one country), as Tamerat Negera is propagating.

Tamerat is definitely starting his line of thought with Etiyopiya being a country with great population, long history, economy, etc. better than Eritrea (a country whose sovereignty is based upon blocking Etiyopiya's access to the sea and allying with Etiyopiya's enemies to become a greater threat to Etiyopiya's national interests). For these reasons, Etiyopiya needs to possess it is own port(s), Etiyopiyans cannot recognize Eritrea's sovereignty, and Etiyopiya must go ahead and invade Eritrea and put Eritrea under the sovereign control of Etiyopiya, while not involving itself with Eritrea's minor local matters.

If you believe these two lines of thought are the same, then, all mentions of unity, united, oneness, integration, med'demer, Pan-African solidarity, African union, united nations, etc would mean the same. I disagree.

Dawi wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 13:06

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 17 Jan 2020, 21:56

Yoyo,
Tamirat and Company are grateful for what you and your tyrants have done to Eritrea and the Eritrean people.

"ክቡር የኤርትራው ፕሬዚደንት - ኤርትራን እና ህዝብዋን ስላቆርቆስክልን እጅግ በጣም እናመሰግናለን።"

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 17 Jan 2020, 22:00

YOYO,
Tamirat the "Etyopian" is grateful.
Here is a report by one of your own fellow stooges of what your tyrants have done.

YOYO,
TAMIRAT IS GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO THE ERITREAN PEOPLE AND SUPPORTS YOU.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2020/c ... HKf5AjSF-k

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 18 Jan 2020, 00:18

YOYO,
HERE IS ANOTHER REPORT CONFIRMING TAMIRAT'S
...About Human Rights Violations, everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each State and everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

About Freedom of Thought, everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience, and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private.

Yet in Eritrea, one of the poorest countries in Africa which acquired its independence from Ethiopia in 1993, after having imposed a civil war on it, systematically has deprived citizens political freedom, freedoms of expression and basic human rights.

Arbitrary arrests, torture, and disappearances of political opponents, putting innocent journalists behind bars, are frequently done by the Eritrean government, which constitute crimes against humanity, yet the US government pretends they don’t know what is happening under the tyrant, corrupt, power-thirsty dictator Isaias Afewerki....
https://www.modernghana.com/news/979649 ... nalis.html

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 19 Jan 2020, 23:26