Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abere

Re: SOMALILAND REPUBLIC WILL JOIN UN, ETHIOPIAN NAVY WILL SAIL ON RED SEA & INDIAN OCEAN!

Post by Abere » 01 May 2024, 09:33

Why are people so concerned if a deal is signed between Somaliland and Ethiopia? Can any Eritrean articulate how this worries them the most? And those who claim to be Ethiopian, why do care if Abiy Ahmed signs or not? I would rather think those claim to be Ethiopians making so much opposing noise about it gives him attention; on the other hand if you ignore it and focus just on the fight standing with Fano, victory will be assured. Ethiopia having a deal to access Red Sea and the Gulf is not a bad thing, if it is realized. This has ZERO correlation with Fano or the fight against OLF. Otherwise, it sounds as if all newly built bridges/ roads shall be destroyed because they are built now - this is counter intuitive. We all know Abiy Ahmed is trying this for his political purpose expecting that the opposition will make so much noise at it - which in effect will play in favor of the game. There is nothing Ethiopia will lose from the deal, if truly realized it certainly will empower Ethiopia in the future.

Sadacha Macca

Re: SOMALILAND REPUBLIC WILL JOIN UN, ETHIOPIAN NAVY WILL SAIL ON RED SEA & INDIAN OCEAN!

Post by Sadacha Macca » 01 May 2024, 11:01

Horus,

Yes, everyone with an opposing view must be an Eritrean, hence the reason why you avoided what I said.
The Eritreans here oppose it for other reasons, some of those reasons could be fear, hatred of Ethiopia, etc, but me, NO, I question it, I don't oppose it because if it serves the interests of Ethiopia, and doesn't harm others; I am all for it.
But, as I said before, food security should come first. Our peoples well being should come first-and if having a navy, guarding cargo ships and the red sea, as some of you said here, feeds our people; then the floor is yours... explain how. I'd be glad to learn.

Because we have many hungry people in parts of Ethiopia; should we not first invest in modernized agriculture, you know, irrigation based, as opposed to the old rain based farming that our people were using a century or more ago?
As we know, this is how they control Ethiopia, through aid, making us dependent on it, so that we can never truly develop and become self sufficient.
Eritreans may be wrong about some things, but they are right about self reliance. Ask yourself: why is Africa poor, despite getting ''aid'' for decades, where is that money going? Is there a single example of an African country that become successful using aid?

Right

Post by Right » 01 May 2024, 11:37

Why are people so concerned if a deal is signed between Somaliland and Ethiopia?
Ethiopians believe it is a distraction move by Abiye Ahmed Ali. Talking about Port at this point is considered as changing the agenda to distract. And they looked at those promoting the agenda with suspicion.

Nobody trust him. He is a con man. The country is burning right and left. He is unable to govern and stabilize the nation which should have been a priority for his regime.

Look, Ethiopians in principle believes Eritrea is a troublesome proxy of Egypt that should be dealt accordingly. Nobody wants any relationship with Eritrea because of the Eritreans lazy and manipulative behaviour.
And Somali Land, Kenya and Djibouti are the future. Right now the focus should be in removing Abiye Ahmed Ali.

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 01 May 2024, 11:53

Idiots like Abere and Horus want to believe fairy tales and talk as if it happened already. Idiotic Abere talks about so called former province bla bla. Eritrea, with the Briton’s help, was illegally annexed by Ethiopia. To make matters worse, Haile Sellasie abolished the federation arrangement illegally. Now, coming back to Somali Land issue, let us hear it when it happens. Somalia already is irate about the Ogaden conundrum.. Add Somali land issue, trouble spills over Ethiopia itself. Somalis are war like people. Ethiopia is half moslem nation. If Alshebab manages to cross the border, Ethiopian disintegration will be a reality. Let us know when it happens.

Right

Post by Right » 01 May 2024, 12:13

Dark
Stop this nonsense. Somali Land is the future but this is not the time to focus on that. That is the point.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 01 May 2024, 13:25

Sadacha Macca wrote:
01 May 2024, 11:01
Horus,

Yes, everyone with an opposing view must be an Eritrean, hence the reason why you avoided what I said.
The Eritreans here oppose it for other reasons, some of those reasons could be fear, hatred of Ethiopia, etc, but me, NO, I question it, I don't oppose it because if it serves the interests of Ethiopia, and doesn't harm others; I am all for it.
But, as I said before, food security should come first. Our peoples well being should come first-and if having a navy, guarding cargo ships and the red sea, as some of you said here, feeds our people; then the floor is yours... explain how. I'd be glad to learn.

Because we have many hungry people in parts of Ethiopia; should we not first invest in modernized agriculture, you know, irrigation based, as opposed to the old rain based farming that our people were using a century or more ago?
As we know, this is how they control Ethiopia, through aid, making us dependent on it, so that we can never truly develop and become self sufficient.
Eritreans may be wrong about some things, but they are right about self reliance. Ask yourself: why is Africa poor, despite getting ''aid'' for decades, where is that money going? Is there a single example of an African country that become successful using aid?
Sadacha/Mr Eritrean,
My advice to you is expend your time on your problem. Leave our problem to us, Have a good day.

Wordpad

Post by Wordpad » 01 May 2024, 14:41

The two donkeys Abere and Horus are at it again :lol:

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 01 May 2024, 19:23

Because this is an attempt by evil Abiy to hoodwink the Public.

Hitler also built mega structures while exterminating Jews in fire chambers. It would have been insane to expect them to support his ambitious projects. Mengistu H/Mariam attempted ዕድገት በሕብረት and resettlement programs to diffuse & incapacitate all resistances. Likewise, midget Zenawi started GERD & created a war with Eritrea to get public support. Here we are arguing if this mfkr is going to lay the foundation for Ethiopia’s maritime.

Let him sign whatever he wants to sign but I have no reason to cheer up his bullshit. As the dam would have inevitably been built regardless who starts it, so will Ethiopia have a port and our neighbors have no choice.

Abere wrote:
01 May 2024, 09:33
Why are people so concerned if a deal is signed between Somaliland and Ethiopia? Can any Eritrean articulate how this worries them the most? And those who claim to be Ethiopian, why do care if Abiy Ahmed signs or not? I would rather think those claim to be Ethiopians making so much opposing noise about it gives him attention; on the other hand if you ignore it and focus just on the fight standing with Fano, victory will be assured. Ethiopia having a deal to access Red Sea and the Gulf is not a bad thing, if it is realized. This has ZERO correlation with Fano or the fight against OLF. Otherwise, it sounds as if all newly built bridges/ roads shall be destroyed because they are built now - this is counter intuitive. We all know Abiy Ahmed is trying this for his political purpose expecting that the opposition will make so much noise at it - which in effect will play in favor of the game. There is nothing Ethiopia will lose from the deal, if truly realized it certainly will empower Ethiopia in the future.