Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Fiyameta

Re: IT IS OFFICIAL: ETHIOPIA WILL RECOGNIZE SOMALILAND REPUBLIC BY THE END OF JUNE 2024

Post by Fiyameta » 29 Apr 2024, 21:26

ኧረ ተው አታስጎመጁን! See you on July 1st. :P

Horus
Senior Member+

Re: IT IS OFFICIAL: ETHIOPIA WILL RECOGNIZE SOMALILAND REPUBLIC BY THE END OF JUNE 2024

Post by Horus » 30 Apr 2024, 01:30

Fiyameta wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 21:26
ኧረ ተው አታስጎመጁን! See you on July 1st. :P
Fiyameta,

Why would a minister of SLR tell/spread false information to damage his own nation's image and complicate his relations with Ethiopia?

Let me ask you a simple question: what will happen to Ethiopia the day after Addis Abeba recognizes SLR? Essentially nothing!

Abiy has already hit the bottom diplomatically. I think the IMF loan was what was holding the MOU. By June 30th Abiy will know if he get the loan or not.

In any event, SLR is getting a lot of support from EU and its minister is smart enough not to spread false information about SLR's most cherished goal - recognition!

Actually, I was hoping for May 24, 2024 SLR Independence Day!

Educator

Post by Educator » 30 Apr 2024, 01:44

Horus, I will make your dream come true:

I recognize Somaliland a sovereign nation as I intend to annex its port so that I can fool some gullible Ethiopian diaspora of EPRP losers into supporting me again both financially and emotionally as they did when I first ascended to the throne.

Wish me luck!
Horus wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 20:24
IT IS OFFICIAL: ETHIOPIA WILL RECOGNIZE SOMALILAND REPUBLIC BY THE END OF JUNE 2024

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 30 Apr 2024, 02:18

Educator wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 01:44
Horus, I will make your dream come true:

I recognize Somaliland a sovereign nation as I intend to annex its port so that I can fool some gullible Ethiopian diaspora of EPRP losers into supporting me again both financially and emotionally as they did when I first ascended to the throne.

Wish me luck!
Horus wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 20:24
IT IS OFFICIAL: ETHIOPIA WILL RECOGNIZE SOMALILAND REPUBLIC BY THE END OF JUNE 2024
Educator/Ethioash:
I know you are reacting to this news catatonically but the 2 month timeline did not come from Abiy; a SLR minister told us about it. If I know one or two things about our region, even the use of Lamu is not an optimal choice for Ethiopia. William Ruto is competing for a leading position of the region and Abiy is not going to be the financier of that ambition. So, this May Ethiopia will use Lamu to import fertilizer and that is just about it.

Ethiopia needs a port it can control. It needs a sea coast to station its Navy. This is bottom line. No other entity can provide this botton line other than SLR. And, SLR needs not only recognition, it needs electricity, water, and all kinds other resources to build its economy including Ethiopian investors in beach hotels and resorts.

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 30 Apr 2024, 02:27

Will somaliland recognize the republic of oromia?

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 30 Apr 2024, 11:26

You dumb a’ss rat 🐀 Ethiopian, your cursed, cancerous Ethiopia is not the UN, EU, AU. It is just the shame of Africa. Ethiopia can recognize SomaliLAND till the cows come home, but that doesn’t make SomaliLAND a sovereign UN member country.
Mission impossible.