Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Yonas Birru is at it again, before he departs for his final farewell

Post by DefendTheTruth » 19 Apr 2024, 15:39

Man,

you can differ or even hate individuals but you have no right to hate the entire population, unless you are truly insane. Just because you were denied a post in the government doesn't entitle you to hate the people, irrespective of where you come from!
Amhara Must Abolish Oromo Special Administrative Zones on its Land
Somewhere else you will come back and blabber about your own hot-air of Ethiopia belongs to all Ethiopians, to mean actually Amhara should be entitled to settle and develop properties anywhere in the country. Here you declare shamelessly "Amhara's land", where are you going to put the rest?

You must be a very confused fella.

https://zehabesha.com/amhara-must-aboli ... -its-land/

Here one more example of a vibrant Oromo culture in the Amhara kilil that Yonas Birru would like to get "abolished". I think individuals will be abolished before any community.

Noble Amhara

Re: Yonas Birru is at it again, before he departs for his final farewell

Post by Noble Amhara » 19 Apr 2024, 15:50

I bet 90% of these dancers are not from raya. I also expected you to post real oromo culture from kemise. As for the land Oromia zone is based off of Argoba land in the lowlands and highlands of amhara. Meles gave them Oromia zone seperating them from South Wollo zone
Last edited by Noble Amhara on 19 Apr 2024, 16:07, edited 2 times in total.

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 19 Apr 2024, 16:02

It is funny 200k-300k Oromo of Kimisse trying to claim 7 million Wollo Amhara. Even Yonas Birru (Kemise Oromo) is giving them a middle finger for their irrational greedy attitude to land and people, not to mention their savagery. Anyways, here is a small excerpt of Yonas Birru distancing himself from Oromummma
Yonas Biru, PhD

As I was preparing an article titled “Oromo and Tigray Tribal Politicians are Cancerous,” an Oromo close relative of mine called me and started talking to me in Oromigna. He knows I do not speak Oromigna though I understand bits and pieces of it. I told him: “cut your crap. I do not speak Oromigna.” He shot back: “It is Afan Oromo, not Oromigna.” He is 64 years of age. Of recent, he has been baptized by Asafa Jalata’s Oromummaa crap and often talks nonsense. I told him: “Spare me your Oromummaa hot air and tell me what you are up to”.

As always, he told me: “One day you will find your way back to your origin.” To which I respond: “One day you will find your way out of your Oromummaa crap and reclaim your humanity in its entirety.” I like to remind him that his Oromoness is a dismally small and insignificant part of his humanity. The worst thing a human being can do is reduce himself or herself to his/her ethnicity.

By the way, Yonas Birru, Andargachew Tsige and Neamin Zeleqe all were branded as "Amhara Elites" by Tigrayans while fully aware that these guys are Oromos. It was an effort to attach them to Amhara and demonize amhara.
Last edited by Misraq on 19 Apr 2024, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 19 Apr 2024, 16:06

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Misraq wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 16:02
I
Yonas Biru, PhD

As I was preparing an article titled “Oromo and Tigray Tribal Politicians are Cancerous,” an Oromo close relative of mine called me and started talking to me in Oromigna. He knows I do not speak Oromigna though I understand bits and pieces of it. I told him: “cut your crap. I do not speak Oromigna.” He shot back: “It is Afan Oromo, not Oromigna.” He is 64 years of age. Of recent, he has been baptized by Asafa Jalata’s Oromummaa crap and often talks nonsense. I told him: “Spare me your Oromummaa hot air and tell me what you are up to”.

As always, he told me: “One day you will find your way back to your origin.” To which I respond: “One day you will find your way out of your Oromummaa crap and reclaim your humanity in its entirety.” I like to remind him that his Oromoness is a dismally small and insignificant part of his humanity. The worst thing a human being can do is reduce himself or herself to his/her ethnicity.

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 19 Apr 2024, 16:18

OPDO-Oromuma Social Media Army is in action on this video. Be the judge.

video posted : 4 hours ago
video viewed : 10k
video liked : > 2k
video Comments > 400

It seems They are pushing on this narrative that says 200k oromo in kemise is owner of the vast Bete Amhara land that hosts 6-7 million non-Oromo. These guys are out of their minds really. If a small patch of lands like Badme, Raya or Welkayt spilled this much blood how were they unable to see their territorial ambition won't cause a reiver of blood?

Right

Post by Right » 19 Apr 2024, 18:22

Yonas Biru whom I dislike because of his “me first” attitude and his deep hatred to the Amaharas, is right on articulating the facts in this article.
The one million $ question is why are Ethiopians fighting each other for the land they owned mutually?

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 19 Apr 2024, 18:35

1. If the Oromo were that small in number there, they wouldn't have gotten a 'special zone' in the first place. If I am wrong, I will gladly admit it, just bring forth your proof, and no.... saying ''galla, galla, galla, galla'' and ''oromummaa bad,'' is not proof.

2. Perhaps, we need to discuss peacefully and respectfully, how to dismantle it then, as opposed to advocating for force; otherwise, how can you cry when others use force against you (like tigrayans trying to 'take back' raya, welkait, etc)? Double standards there.
We can even do population exchanges, take all the Amara's in Oromia, all over, from wallaga to jimma, and sent them back to you in the north; and you can send us those small numbers of Oromos who live amongst you then. Then, we can negotiate borders and go our separate ways, if you hate the ''big bad oromummaa'' that much. When you threaten the Oromo minority living amongst you, remember there are far more of you living in Oromia, and remember: I do not condone any of this, at all, from the Oromo side or the Amara side, but you provoke revenge attacks when you do such things, especially for you dudes on here who live thousands of miles away from Ethiopia, but talk tough and want to provoke bloodshed amongst our people back home. If you cannot promote and advocate for good things for our people back home, why not remain quiet? That's better.

3. Yonas Birru is an old man who typically would get a lot of respect in Ethiopian culture, with the maturity of a teenager, while purporting to be an 'intellectual.' An intellectual, who resorts to ad hominem attacks, ethnic slurs, gross generalizations and etc, only makes those he claims to represent, the Amara's, look bad. Is he the best you guys have to offer? A guy, who is just as immature and illogical as many of you, who just repeat ''oromummaa'' and ''galla'' over and over again, thinking that you're making an actual point; when in reality, you sound foolish.
Oromummaa is the Oromo identity, language, ethics, culture, etc, and beyond politics, and has NOTHING to do with the OPDO.

If you cannot or refuse to, differentiate between the OPDO, whose ORIGINS is a party mostly composed of former derg soldiers, meant to counter the OLF and to keep Oromo's subjugated, created in TIGRAY, thanks to TPLF and Shabia; then you are not against them, you are against all Oromos, while pretending you're not.
Also, when you do this, you give up your right to complain when others associate ALL Amara's with the crimes/problems caused by Amara elites who are a minority and only represent themselves.

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 20 Apr 2024, 00:05

Sadaccha,

Here is the fact in numbers. Both the censuses taken in 1994 and 2007 say the Oromo in Wello to be 250k and 396k. This is of course a twisted number made by both TPLF & OLF to create that pocket and create havoc in Amhara through legal cover.

Demographics
edit
Based on the 2007 Census conducted by the Central Statistical Agency of Ethiopia (CSA), this Zone has a total population of 457,278, a decrease of -1.23% from the 1994 census, of whom 227,328 are men and 229,950 women; with an area of 3,470.04 square kilometers, Oromia has a population density of 131.78. While 51,728 or 11.31% are urban inhabitants, a further 2,005 or 0.44% are pastoralists. A total of 101,442 households were counted in this Zone, which results in an average of 4.51 persons to a household, and 97,957 housing units. The two largest ethnic groups reported in Oromia were the Oromo (86.07%), and the Amhara (12.54%); all other ethnic groups made up 1.39% of the population. Oromo was spoken as a first language by 82.13%, and 16.99% spoke Amharic; the remaining 0.88% spoke all other primary languages reported. 97.07% were Muslim, and 2.4% of the population said they practiced Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity.[3]

The 1994 national census reported a total population for this Zone of 462,951 in 97,025 households, of whom 232,461 were men and 230,490 women; 39,666 or 8.57% of its population were urban dwellers at the time. The three largest ethnic groups reported in Oromia were the Oromo (65.34%), the Amhara (31.79%), and the Argobba (2.29%); all other ethnic groups made up 0.58% of the population. Oromo was spoken as a first language by 65.08%, and 34.29% spoke Amharic; the remaining 0.63% spoke all other primary languages reported. 98.01% were Muslim, and 1.92% of the population said they practiced Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity.[4]

According to a May 24, 2004 World Bank memorandum, 5% of the inhabitants of Oromia have access to electricity, this zone has a road density of 23.9 kilometers per 1000 square kilometers (compared to the national average of 30 kilometers),[5] the average rural household has 0.6 hectare of land (compared to the national average of 1.01 hectare of land and an average of 0.75 for the Amhara Region)[6] and the equivalent of 0.5 heads of livestock. 10.9% of the population is in non-farm related jobs, compared to the national average of 25% and a regional average of 21%. 25% of all eligible children are enrolled in primary school, and 3% in secondary schools. 100% of the zone is exposed to malaria, and none to Tsetse fly. The memorandum gave this zone a drought risk rating of 565.[7]

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 20 Apr 2024, 16:01

Miss rock,

I do not blame you. The big bad ''WALLO Minority gallas,'' are definitely amongst the best warriors in the horn.
Small in number according to you and others, but have been known to kick the [deleted] of foes.

check this:

''The Wollo Oromos by no means agree together. Only Adara Bille and Berroo Looboo, the Chiefs of the two eastern Wollo tribes, join together in friendship; but all the others are quarreling among themselves. These dissensions of the Wollos are extremely subservient to the cause of Shoa and Gondar. If the Wollo groups were all united, the rulers of Gondar and Shoa would be scarecely able to repulse them, as their cavalry is very numerous and the best in Abyssinia. The acknowledgement of Ras Ali by the Wollos is only nominal, and a mere custom of old, although Adara Bille, Berroo Loobo, and Imam Liban assist the Ras with troops.''
[Journals of the Rev. Messrs. Isenberg and Krapf, Missionaries of the Church , pg 328]

Not to mention that, they saved meneliks life, when he was weak without an army, and tewodros wanted him back dead or alive. :P

On tewodros:

''Encouraged by European Protestant missionary support, intoxicated by his ravenous ambition to destroy Islam and the Oromo power, and surprised by the tenacious Oromo Muslim resistance, Tewodros spent more than ten years destroying Wollo, by which he too was destroyed. The Muslims of Wollo, united by danter and animated by Islam, resisted Tewodros bravely before he was overwhelmed by crisis and destroyed. Hence,
as far as his stated aim of forcing Muslim Oromos into either accepting Christianity or leaving his kingdom, he utterly failed. He, not, they, gave in. It is not an exaggeration to say that Tewodros committed suicide in 1868, not only because he hated to fall into British hands as a captive king, but also because he was already virtually an Oromo prisoner in the mountain fortress of Magdala. Escape was well neigh impossible.''
(In the Shadow of Conquest: Islam in Colonial Northeast Africa, pg 90.)

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 21 Apr 2024, 04:37

Ato Yonas Birru must be a truly ቆሞ ቀር (standing still) creature, or simply turned dumb!

He demands "special zones" for all the places, where Amhara happen to reside, without telling us how that could even be termed "special" then? The word loses its meaning after more of such occurrences happen, by definition.

He also tries to shed his crocodile tears for the Amhara while at the same time accusing them of illegal settlements. Assuming that the majority of those displaced from Sheger city are Amharas, then that makes them also automatically they are outlaws by the majority.

Those who we were told to have been "displaced" from Sheger city were simply squatter settlers trying to grab lands and extending their settlements by means of unlawful acts. No legal land owner was displaced by the act, according to many independent observers, including from the opposition parties.

In that case the good Dr. is putting the blame squarely on the Amhara people while acting as concerned for them.
The Oromo tribal cancer is signified in their demand to have a special zone in the Amhara tribal land while forcefully displacing over a million Amharas from the Oromo tribal land. Nearly one million Amharas have been displaced by Oromo-Shene. Further a large part of the nearly 500,000 people who were displaced from Sheger City by Oromo-PP are Amhara. Let alone having the right to have their own special zone to administer themselves, Amharas are not allowed to live in peace.

Right

Post by Right » 21 Apr 2024, 05:41

special zones
Killil, special zone, language zone, clan zone - You are in this deep sh$$it with no way out. Dead end.
You are swinging Machetes to enforce it wholeheartedly. Just like the colonizers designed and brainwashed you through their northern clients of Tigray and Eritrea.
That is the message Yonas Biru is trying to send.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 21 Apr 2024, 06:22

Right wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 05:41
special zones
Killil, special zone, language zone, clan zone - You are in this deep sh$$it with no way out. Dead end.
You are swinging Machetes to enforce it wholeheartedly. Just like the colonizers designed and brainwashed you through their northern clients of Tigray and Eritrea.
That is the message Yonas Biru is trying to send.
Self administration is the way forward, while also stay world-open and transparent when doing so.

Yonas Birru is a ቆሞ ቀር, who can never come into terms with modernity and a way forward and the future.

You are his underdog, destined to get circumvented by the very nature of your own move.

Right

Post by Right » 21 Apr 2024, 07:06

Yonas Birru is a ቆሞ ቀር, who can never come into terms with modernity and a way forward and the future.
Since when is “ethnic ideology and killilization” modern. Only in your little crazy world. Where do you live buddy? Maybe be you will figure it out that it is the most backward when you come down to earth. By then limbs, bones and a lot of debris to dig through.

As Yonas Biru, please keep him there with you. You have a lot in common with him in many ways.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 21 Apr 2024, 08:00

Lies

Tewodros never converted any Muslims to Christianity

Even the town which Tewodros made the capital city in Mekdela is still predominantly a Muslim Woreda. Yohanes did convert Muslims but not Tewodros. Tewodros had rivals in Gondar that is why he moved the capital. Tewodros also succeeded in destroying the invader Galla rule in most of Bete Amhara and Gondar. Tewodros chased Ras Ali out of Gondar back into wollo.

However, the relationship between the two eventually deteriorated. Following a series of stunning victories by Kassa, Ali II was decisively defeated by his son-in-law Dejazmach Kassa (who later assumed the throne name of Tewodros II) in the Battle of Ayshal on 29 June 1853, and he lost both the regentship and his territories. At first, Ali fled to safety at a local church, then a few days later fled to the territories of his kinsmen in Wollo province, where he disappeared from history.[8] Both Proutky[9] and Trimingham[10] give the date of 1866 for his death, without further details.

As for the British tewodros demanded the British to arm him with more weapons he even sent letters to Queen Victoria but due to his lack of patience he immediately abducted British missionaries causing a war with Britain which he could not fight as Atse Yohanes led the British into Tewodros town of Magdala

Tewodros captured Menelik of Shewa and it was the Shewa oromo who released Menelik and they also fought in Arsi in which you claim Menelik cut the breast of off women that was done by your Shewa oromo aka gobana dache .

Also

Amharas were not racist towards Yejju Dynasty in fact Ras Wube of Simien had to accuse Yejju Ras Ali of being Muslim for Amharas to start rebelling against the Yejju. The Yejju converted to Christianity so that the Amhara in Begmender wouldn't overthrow them.

Despite the victory against the coalition, the Ras's position was war from secure. His enemies were still active in Gojjam, Damot, Dembya, and Lasta. Most of the clergy and the Christian population were against the Ras thanks to the propaganda spread by Wube and his allies. In such conditions, Ali found himself in dire need of the Abyna's support, leading him to be open to Abuna Salam's counsel to free Wube and restore his properties to him in exchange for minimal recompense and a pledge of loyalty. Nevertheless, the repercussions of the Debre Tabor conflict only added to Ali's predicament. However, the aftermath of the Debre Tabor battle further complicated Ali's position.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 16:01
Miss rock,

I do not blame you. The big bad ''WALLO Minority gallas,'' are definitely amongst the best warriors in the horn.
Small in number according to you and others, but have been known to kick the [deleted] of foes.

check this:

''The Wollo Oromos by no means agree together. Only Adara Bille and Berroo Looboo, the Chiefs of the two eastern Wollo tribes, join together in friendship; but all the others are quarreling among themselves. These dissensions of the Wollos are extremely subservient to the cause of Shoa and Gondar. If the Wollo groups were all united, the rulers of Gondar and Shoa would be scarecely able to repulse them, as their cavalry is very numerous and the best in Abyssinia. The acknowledgement of Ras Ali by the Wollos is only nominal, and a mere custom of old, although Adara Bille, Berroo Loobo, and Imam Liban assist the Ras with troops.''
[Journals of the Rev. Messrs. Isenberg and Krapf, Missionaries of the Church , pg 328]

Not to mention that, they saved meneliks life, when he was weak without an army, and tewodros wanted him back dead or alive. :P

On tewodros:

''Encouraged by European Protestant missionary support, intoxicated by his ravenous ambition to destroy Islam and the Oromo power, and surprised by the tenacious Oromo Muslim resistance, Tewodros spent more than ten years destroying Wollo, by which he too was destroyed. The Muslims of Wollo, united by danter and animated by Islam, resisted Tewodros bravely before he was overwhelmed by crisis and destroyed. Hence,
as far as his stated aim of forcing Muslim Oromos into either accepting Christianity or leaving his kingdom, he utterly failed. He, not, they, gave in. It is not an exaggeration to say that Tewodros committed suicide in 1868, not only because he hated to fall into British hands as a captive king, but also because he was already virtually an Oromo prisoner in the mountain fortress of Magdala. Escape was well neigh impossible.''
(In the Shadow of Conquest: Islam in Colonial Northeast Africa, pg 90.)

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 22 Apr 2024, 15:52

Noble Tigrayan Tesfaye News,

Everyone, including their pet dog and cats, know that tewodros wanted to do 1 of 3 things to the ''gallas'' there, (yohannes was worse, no doubt):
1) make them convert to Christianity.
2) expel them
3) kill them/destroy them.

His chronicles are full of campaigns into Wallo, he was obsessed with it, he even said 'God gave our kingdoms to the Gallas/Muslims, so I drove them away' and he allegedly even intended to go as far as Jerusalem!
Lol, I gotta admit, the guy was brave and determined, but he had his flaws, many flaws, (all of us have them, but it's different when an emperor/governor has them, as it effects everyone more).
If that area you mentioned is still majority Muslim, it certainly isn't because Tewodros was ''tolerant'' or didn't try to change that, it's in spite of that.
Several historical sources testify that when menelik escaped magdala, mind you this was before he became a powerful man with a strong modern army, he sought protection with Queen Workitu and the ''big bad minority Wollo Gallas'' that miss rock and others here hate and fear.
Tewodros in turn had her son, Liban, and threatened to massacre him, if Menelik wasn't returned.
The rest is history... (menelik was not returned to Tewodros)...