Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus
Senior Member+

ዶር አስማማው ቀለሙ፣ ዝነኛው ሰላይ አረፉ!

Post by Horus » 14 Apr 2024, 20:41

Last edited by Horus on 14 Apr 2024, 21:09, edited 5 times in total.

Horus
Senior Member+

Re: ዶር አስማማው ቀለሙ፣ ዝነኛው ሰላይ አረፉ!

Post by Horus » 14 Apr 2024, 20:45

Roha

Post by Roha » 14 Apr 2024, 22:06

Asmamaw Kelemu (PhD) was one of the most intelligent professional Ethiopian (Gojamie) intelligence analysts and counter espionage head in the Horn of Africa. His advantage was that, I think he started in the Ethiopia Police College, who later studied in university in Israel and eastern Europe.
He was trained by Israel, Soviet KGB and the German Stasi. You can not find any other person of his caliber and schooling.
His disadvantage, he has to work under a stupid security minister Col Tesfaye Woldeslassie, under Col Mengistu Haile Mariam. Then, loyalty was more important than merit and professionalism.
Asmamaw Kelemu loved Ethiopia and worked very hard to protect its interest, all this under very bad bosses who would not understand and did not want to understand him.
I have always wanted to read his biography that I could not find it.
May the formidable and professional intelligence officer RIP.

From an Eritrean admirer.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 15 Apr 2024, 01:49

Roha wrote:
14 Apr 2024, 22:06
Asmamaw Kelemu (PhD) was one of the most intelligent professional Ethiopian (Gojamie) intelligence analysts and counter espionage head in the Horn of Africa. His advantage was that, I think he started in the Ethiopia Police College, who later studied in university in Israel and eastern Europe.
He was trained by Israel, Soviet KGB and the German Stasi. You can not find any other person of his caliber and schooling.
His disadvantage, he has to work under a stupid security minister Col Tesfaye Woldeslassie, under Col Mengistu Haile Mariam. Then, loyalty was more important than merit and professionalism.
Asmamaw Kelemu loved Ethiopia and worked very hard to protect its interest, all this under very bad bosses who would not understand and did not want to understand him.
I have always wanted to read his biography that I could not find it.
May the formidable and professional intelligence officer RIP.

From an Eritrean admirer.
As always, the full life history and activities of great intelligence workers are told long after their death and hopefully some one close to him will right that biography.