Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Do you think like EPLF , TPLF , OLF Amhara Movement Group needed?

Poll runs till 08 May 2024, 20:34
You may select 1 option

View results

TesfaNews
Member+

Re: Do you think it make a sense for Amhara to seek for their own state?

Post by TesfaNews » 08 Apr 2024, 21:40

ethioscience wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 20:34
Yes
No
Bado Were

You already have a Amhara State the only difference is that Abiy who is the continuation of EPRDF rules Amhara Region and all regions in Ethiopia politically so you are no different.. ANDM is still running the Amhara region with the help of ENDF ruling Dessie/Kombolcha without much Fano threat only Gondar/Bahrdar get attacked by Fano but never controlled fully!

as for Fano it is equally as strong as ENDF in some cases but the thing is Abiy is using Lalibela Airport, Kombolcha Airport, Gondar Airport, Bahir Dar Airport to bring ENDF reinforcements into Amhara Region so without controlling the airports Abiy will use those airports and not have to cross Gojam or North Shewa roads to reinforce his troops. and for your jealously for TDF is showing there is no need to turn Amhara state into a warzone like Tigray

If Fano is successful you will lose all banking, school, university, human resource, electricity, internet access in your amhara region as well abiy is using drones to patrol Amhara cities. Learn from Tigray. Tigray was sieged for 2 years with no basic resource even medicine was banned from Tigray :lol: this led TPLF to fully surrender after losing on the warfronts by Shabia

we are also seeing a divide in Amhara region because Northern Amhara region is not fighting Abiy they made a deal with Abiy in North Wollo, North Gondar, Welkayt, Waghemra................... Only Southern Amharas like Gojames, South Gonderes and Some South Wolloyes and North Shewans are fighting ENDF/PP/Abiy.... This means you are divided like Oromia! there is also no central FANO command... there are Fano armies called "Mere Tor" "Zemene Kassie Tor" "Asseged Tor" Meaning all Fano groups have not come together to fight PP they are all sparsely fighting across amhara region

ethioscience

Post by ethioscience » 09 Apr 2024, 03:35

Hey MoronNews/TesfaNews,

I'm not sure about your expectations of me. From my point of view , I don't feel the need to engage in arguments with an idiot like you as they seem unproductive. FANO is a relatively new organization, yet it has achieved significant progress in the past 10 months compared to more established ones. I won't criticize other political organizations or draw comparisons with FANO as it seems like a tactic you try to provoke. Additionally, I won't respond to you since I perceive you as intellectually inferior and your arguments are zero sum!!! Live you life don’t cry in vain!

east_kindness

Post by east_kindness » 09 Apr 2024, 07:16

Co-existence is impossible at this point. Every major ethnic group just wants to take control of the federal government to strengthen their group and spread their influence. Secession seems like a good idea but it's not going to insure peace since people will fight over borders and all the newly formed states will be weak as Ethiopia is already landlocked, some of these states will be double landlocked.

The monarchy got abolished way too early. If Amahara were allowed to expand further and established a numeric superiority the entire region would have been much more stable.

ethiopianunity
Member+

Post by ethiopianunity » 10 Apr 2024, 02:20

It is foolish for Amara to fight especially the govt, because divided Amara means death sentence, the bought diaspora on socia media, the Aby got, Shabia, Tplf are all working for their masters to eliminate Amara. Amara is the only region with Ethiopian sense retaining Ethiopianess that is why war is being waged against it. The so called Aby suprters calling themselves Ethiopian slander Amara. They claim Weyane army has hijacked Fano and Amara by entering into Amara. If Amara allowed this, then it is their own fault. Why did this happened under the watch eyes of Edf? Is it not the primary job of Edf to protect Ethiopia regions and borders against foreign enemies and Bandas? If Tigray zone had become enemies of Ethiopia, it is perfectly legitimate to clean house in Tigray.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 10 Apr 2024, 16:19

Amara's already have their own state/kilil. If you mean should they seek independence; then I'd say, the same thing I say to my fellow Oromos: it would not work out either, because the borders are not agreed upon, for one. Maybe we need a loose confederation, in which, the central govt is weaker, and the states have more power; with a few capitals-not just finfinne/addis ababa. There's about 11 countries, I think, that have multiple capitals, it could work, and it could also ease the stress of the already over-populated finfinne/addis.