Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Somaliman

Did You Know Russian Army Had A Military Unit Of Ground Forces Called Somalia Battalion?

Post by Somaliman » 05 Apr 2024, 17:21

This is a separate Guards Assault Battalion. It used to be part of the self-proclaimed "Donetsk People's Republic" (DPR) until January 1, 2023 after which it got annexed by Russia following a decree of Vladimir Putin.

The unit is permanently stationed in Donetsk and Makiivka.

In fact, both Russia and Ukraine have Somalia Battalion units, as this battalion existed in Donetsk, Ukraine, prior to the Russian annexation.
It's called Somalia battalion because its members are as fearless as Somalis.

Member of the Somalia Battalion in Donetsk Airport

And Ethiopian rats that drop like flies on the first gunshot want to mess with us!!

https://military-history.fandom.com/wik ... _Battalion

Somaliman

Re: Did You Know Russian Army Had A Military Unit Of Ground Forces Called Somalia Battalion?

Post by Somaliman » 05 Apr 2024, 17:34

Somali rules.
This was 7 years ago, long before the conflict in Ukraine had started.

almaze
Member+

Re: Did You Know Russian Army Had A Military Unit Of Ground Forces Called Somalia Battalion?

Post by almaze » 05 Apr 2024, 17:45

I am aware that Somali mercenaries are currently involved in a war on behalf of Russia against Ukraine. I have learned that one of these mercenaries was captured and mistreated poorly by the Ukrainian armed forces. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 05 Apr 2024, 17:55

almaze wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 17:45
I am aware that Somali mercenaries are currently involved in a war on behalf of Russia against Ukraine. I have learned that one of these mercenaries was captured and mistreated poorly by the Ukrainian armed forces. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boy,

Let me educate you on this chap a bit.

look him up on Twitter and listen to him speaking in English, and if you've a drop of honesty in you, you would easily recognise him as an Ethiopian.

From his accent alone, I'm 1000% sure that he's a fuc'king Ethiopian using Somali identity to avoid deportation back to Ethiopia.

almaze
Member+

Post by almaze » 05 Apr 2024, 18:18

I am uncertain as to why you are justifying that he is from Ethiopia when, in fact, he is from Somalia. You are beginning to sound like Cigar and Fiyameta, who consistently claim that all captured Eritrean soldiers are Agames disguised in Eritrean military attire. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 05 Apr 2024, 18:47

almaze wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 18:18
I am uncertain as to why you are justifying that he is from Ethiopia when, in fact, he is from Somalia. You are beginning to sound like Cigar and Fiyameta, who consistently claim that all captured Eritrean soldiers are Agames disguised in Eritrean military attire. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cut the crap and look him up on Twitter himself speaking in English, and then, as I said it earlier, you would realise that he's an Ethiopian.