Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Somaliman

Why Do Muslims Worship The black Stone In Mecca? Answer.

Post by Somaliman » 19 Mar 2024, 17:17

In fact, in Islam, worshiping the Black Stone, or Hajar al-Aswad, known as the Ka'bah as well as Al-Ka'ba al-Musharrafa, which is a stone building at the center of Islam's most important mosque and holiest site, the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, is against Islam, and if one were to actually do this, they would be committing the greatest sin in Islam, which is associating partners with Allah, or God if you prefer.

Muslims only worship one God, and that is Allah. The Ka'bah is only the direction that Muslims face when they pray, no matter where they are around the world.

circumambulating, or walking all the way round the Ka'bah (Tawaf), was ordained by God in the Qur'an to establish the remembrance of Allah, or God if you like. And performing a Circumambulation of the Ka`bah is an act of worship to Allah, and any act of worship is remembrance of Allah.

The believers only circumambulate the Ka`bah in compliance with the command of Allah, and whatever that's done in compliance with the command of Allah is an act of worship, which is rewarded.

You might ask, Why do Muslims kiss the Kaaba when they have the opportunity to do so? This is simply because our beloved Prophet Muhammad PBUH kissed it and Muslims try to follow what he did. This does not mean, however, that Muslims are worshipping the Ka'bah.

One of the best companions of the Prophet PBUH, Omar, once got near the Black Stone and kissed it and said “No doubt, I know that you are a stone and can neither benefit anyone nor harm anyone. Had I not seen Allah’s Messenger kissing you, I would not have kissed you”. This shows that the companions of the Prophet PBUH understood very well that the Ka'bah was not something that they worshipped nor called upon for any of their needs.