Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Hazega/Tsazega.

Mesob (my S.O.B.) Enjoy this very very nice music From Hama

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 04 Feb 2024, 15:53

استمتع بهذه الموسيقى الكردية

Last edited by Hazega/Tsazega. on 04 Feb 2024, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

Hazega/Tsazega.

Re: Mesob (my S.O.B.) Enjoy this nice music From Hama

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 04 Feb 2024, 16:02

المزيد من الموسيقى الكردية الرائعة

Last edited by Hazega/Tsazega. on 04 Feb 2024, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 04 Feb 2024, 16:05

I think the SOB wannabe Arab prefers this one, for him to speed up his self-Arabization process.

Mesob

Post by Mesob » 04 Feb 2024, 16:06

Hazega/Tsazega. wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 15:53

ka ka ka ... Former slaves in Massawa and the Red Sea region such as the Abeed Saeed Tewekel of Shankila origin told Hamasienaits like you recently: Massawa and the Red Sea belongs only to Muslims. The children of the slaves who were hiding in Saudi Arabia and Sudan for the 40 years are telling you to get out of Massawa. Would that make your an S.O.B of Saeed Tewekel, the shankila property of the Hasebelas and the Ba Duri faimily ...
Last edited by Mesob on 04 Feb 2024, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Mesob

Post by Mesob » 04 Feb 2024, 16:11

Historical truth with evidence is hard to swallow. This was all written in Arabic and Tigrayt languages in Massawa.

History indicates, the port of Massawa had a caste system based on slavery or slave mode of economy, similar to the Arab Muslims on the other side of the Red Sea coast. Note: The center of everything Islam and custodian of Mecca and Medina, that is, Saudi Arabia abolished slavery, legally in the early 1960s.
In the port, there were different sectors or levels of social strata. These were the upper rich slave owning class, the non permanent or transient traders and the slaves.
The upper slave owning class includes such family, the Kekia, the Hasebela, the Hindi, the Baduri, the Turkey and many others of Sunni muslim Ullamas from Jizaan and Hadramot ... who referred themselves as Qabila Massawin.
The slave class were not considered as Qabila Massawin until recently.
In short, documents indicate 85% of the population belonged to the slave and transient class.
While working in Massawa, I had a friend from the Hasebela family who knew, each person or family who was part of the household slave property until the British left Eritrea in the 1950s. Many of those descendants of the former household slave properties later became "leaders" in Issaias Afeworki's EPLF, because the upper-caste Ben Amir dominated ELF Jebha rejected them as "untouchable class".
This is the reason the lower caste, former slave class Massawians, love Issaias Afeworki and the EPLF.

Red Sea Citizens: Cosmopolitan Society and Cultural Change in Massawa (review)
September 2011, African Studies Review

In 1993, when the government of newly independent Eritrea asked citizens to complete applications for national identity cards, people in Massawa listed their qabila ("tribe") as Masawwi'ī ("Massaawn"). The sense of a common identity shared by residents of this Red Sea town is a legacy of its commerce-oriented, urban disposition as well as their self-conception as inhabitants of a distinctly Muslim space. Red Sea Citizens is an excellent, detailed study of this port town at the historical meeting point of the Red Sea, Arabia, the Nile Valley, and the Ethiopian plateau. Massawa was occupied by Ottomans, Egyptians, Italians, British, and Ethiopians before Eritrea gained its independence in 1993, but the author deftly avoids locating the city within any imperial or nationalist narrative. He seeks, in Prasenjit Duara's words, to "rescue history from the nation" (Chicago, 1997) and also, he adds, to rescue history "from empire" (16). Red Sea Citizens joins a growing revisionist historiography of the Horn of Africa that aims to relocate regions and societies previously perceived as marginal in a literature that has remained, until recently, statecentric. The book makes extraordinary use of archival sources in Tigre, Arabic, Italian, French, and English, ranging from registers of real estate transactions and charitable religious endowments to colonial documents, and to marriage, divorce, child-custody, manumission, and death records. The author also incorporates oral histories from more than fifty informants whom he interviewed in Eritrea in 2000 and 2001. With the perspective of time, it appears that his oral research seized on a limited window of opportunity. When Miran returned to Massawa eight years later, the conflict between Ethiopia and Eritrea had diminished much of the life and population of the city, with many of its residents leaving to seek a better life abroad. One member of a prominent family with well-known and established origins in Arabia asked Miran if his research had uncovered any documents "confirming" the family's Arabian heritage in order to support an application for citizenship to Saudi Arabia. Red Sea Citizens is divided into five chapters with an introduction, several maps, more than thirty illustrations, and a helpful glossary. In early chapters, Miran examines the relative autonomy of Massawa and its surrounding region before the 1850s. Ottoman forces conquered Massawa in 1557 and subsequently appointed representatives of a local family of Balaws as nā'ibs (deputies) in a form of indirect rule; this lasted until the early 1850s, when Massawa was gradually brought under direct Ottoman and Egyptian rule, followed by Italian colonialism. The nā'ibs used marriage alliances with local chiefs and wealthy merchants to establish their ascendency, and they used their authority to spread Islam and control trade routes. Subsequent chapters examine Massawa's cosmopolitan, polyglot, and also distinctly Islamic identity, with its strong Sufi brotherhoods. Miran also examines the 'Ad Shaykh holy family (a perceived Mahdist threat to Italian colonialism in the 1880s) as well as the expression of Islam in Massawa's sacred spaces. Among the most important contributions of this book is its discussion of Massawa's role in the global and regional economy. The author argues convincingly that, with respect to trade, the growing penetration of Europe in the Indian Ocean was not disruptive. Instead, the transformation of indigenous trade networks was characterized by "continuity, adaptation, and adjustment," as demonstrated by the success of merchant-entrepreneurs. Massawa's residents became connected to the hinterland through caravan routes and the wider world economy through its port. Local merchants and pearl fishers engaged global markets while resisting colonial meddling. (Chapter 2 includes a fascinating and original discussion of pearling in the Dahlak archipelago.) Miran also demonstrates how the commodification of the regional economy transformed social relations among Massawa's inhabitants. Red Sea Citizens would be a welcome addition to advanced courses in urban, African, Indian Ocean, Red Sea, or world history. Miran is careful to explain that his sources do not permit him to expand on Massawa's significant role in the slave trade, which is not a focus of this study. This original and thoroughly researched book breaks new ground and makes valuable contributions to a growing field.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... awa_review

Hazega/Tsazega.

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 04 Feb 2024, 16:15

هل هذا ما علمك إياه مؤلف إنجليزي أمريكي؟

أنت عبد للإنجليز

Hazega/Tsazega.

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 04 Feb 2024, 18:04

لقد كنت أستمع إلى الموسيقى الكردية لمدة أسبوعين :mrgreen:

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 04 Feb 2024, 19:23

Somaliman wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 16:05
I think the SOB wannabe Arab prefers this one, for him to speed up his self-Arabization process.

Mesob, Wannabe Arab,

In case you're wondering which country these are from, they're from Iraq.

As you might also be interested in learning Arabic, Iraqis' Arabic is close to the classical Arabic, though not as close as the Yemenis' and Saudis'.

Hazega/Tsazega.

Re: Mesob (my S.O.B.) Enjoy this very very nice music From Hama

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 04 Feb 2024, 19:24

أكثر كردية، الأغنية الثانية جميلة

Dont skip the second video :shock:

Last edited by Hazega/Tsazega. on 04 Feb 2024, 19:40, edited 3 times in total.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 04 Feb 2024, 19:28

BTW, the trouble with the Iraqi women is that on average they're relatively short and stocky compared to, for example, Saudi, Syrian, and Lebanese women.

Hazega/Tsazega.

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 04 Feb 2024, 19:41

هذا صحيح، المزيد من الأغاني الكردية

Hazega/Tsazega.

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 04 Feb 2024, 20:59

Ya Somaliman,

If you know (or others), Can you explain to me what the beef is with others against my new favorite people of the past 2 weeks?? Did the Ottoman Turks cause their land disputes??

May be a breakdown of why each neighboring country has issues or doesn't have with them??

Turkey?
Iraq?
Syria?
Iran?
Afganistan?
or any others(greeks)?

Even US betrayed them & set them up for failure few times?

I would prefer to have them as neighbors rather than some of the other groups in our region...(tigray & oromuma on A-list for now because of Abiy :mrgreen: )

Saladin is possibly from them??...but i thought it was Seljuk Turks that took over Holy Lands??

https://study.com/academy/lesson/who-wa ... ments.html
(Saladin was born in Tikrit, Iraq)??
Saladin was an important Muslim ruler in Egypt. He later conquered Syria, Mesopotamia, and the western coast of Arabia in the 12th century. He fought the Crusaders for control of Jerusalem for twenty years, conquering the city in 1187 but losing it again in 1192 to Richard Lionheart in the Third Crusade.

Seljuk Empire
1037–1194
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seljuk_Empire

Seljuk Empire circa 1090, during the reign of Malik Shah I. To the west, Anatolia was under the independent rule of Suleiman ibn Qutalmish as the Sultanate of Rum, and disputed with the Byzantine Empire. To the east, the Kara-Khanid Khanate became a vassal state in 1089, for half a century, before falling to the Qara Khitai.[1][2

Ending it for today with these 2 Greats for a change...

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 04 Feb 2024, 22:10

Hazega/Tsazega. wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 20:59

Ya Somaliman,

If you know (or others), Can you explain to me what the beef is with others against my new favorite people of the past 2 weeks?? Did the Ottoman Turks cause their land disputes??

May be a breakdown of why each neighboring country has issues or doesn't have with them??

Turkey?
Iraq?
Syria?
Iran?
Afganistan?
or any others(greeks)?

I would prefer to have them as neighbors rather than some of the other groups in our region...(tigray & oromuma on A-list for now because of Abiy :mrgreen: )

Saladin is possibly from them??...but i thought it was Seljuk Turks that took over Holy Lands??

Saladin was an important Muslim ruler in Egypt. He later conquered Syria, Mesopotamia, and the western coast of Arabia in the 12th century. He fought the Crusaders for control of Jerusalem for twenty years, conquering the city in 1187 but losing it again in 1192 to Richard Lionheart in the Third Crusade.

Seljuk Empire
1037–1194

Seljuk Empire circa 1090, during the reign of Malik Shah I. To the west, Anatolia was under the independent rule of Suleiman ibn Qutalmish as the Sultanate of Rum, and disputed with the Byzantine Empire. To the east, the Kara-Khanid Khanate became a vassal state in 1089, for half a century, before falling to the Qara Khitai.[1][2

Ending it for today with this gem for a change...

The sentiments of hatred towards your newly found favourite people has grown and developed out of tensions and conflict between the Kurdish communities and governments in the countries that you've listed, often related to Kurdish aspirations for autonomy or independence. In addition, cultural, linguistic, and ethnic differences have also fueled misunderstandings and/or prejudices between the minority Kurdish communities and the other ethnics in those countries, contributing to tension and hostility.

And like any marginalised and discriminated people/groups, many people in those countries hold negative views towards Kurds, and the more the Kurds have revolted against such a marginalisation, the more hostilities they've attracted, and the more they've revolted, until the situation has become an infernal spiral.

To be honest, I don't like them either, the fuc.kers.

Hazega/Tsazega.

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 17 Feb 2024, 21:17

Somaliman wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 22:10
Hazega/Tsazega. wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 20:59

Ya Somaliman,

Turkey?
Iraq?
Syria?
Iran?
Afganistan?
or any others(greeks)?

Seljuk Empire
1037–1194

Ending it for today with this gem for a change...

The sentiments of hatred towards your newly found favourite people has grown and developed out of tensions and conflict between the Kurdish communities and governments in the countries that you've listed, often related to Kurdish aspirations for autonomy or independence. In addition, cultural, linguistic, and ethnic differences have also fueled misunderstandings and/or prejudices between the minority Kurdish communities and the other ethnics in those countries, contributing to tension and hostility.

And like any marginalised and discriminated people/groups, many people in those countries hold negative views towards Kurds, and the more the Kurds have revolted against such a marginalisation, the more hostilities they've attracted, and the more they've revolted, until the situation has become an infernal spiral.

To be honest, I don't like them either, the fuc.kers.

Well Thanks for your input/view...had a surface understanding of all you noted to begin with. Just trying to figure out what each nations issue is with them specifically or historically...and was thinking there was a unique/specific event that caused tensions. Guess i have to look into it more with each neighboring nation...also various alliances in their history with various Turk branches Seljuk/Ottoman/others against their neighbor nations...and at other times some clans against Turks.

Regarding your general info...i would advise them to use their access to all those nations for their benefit for now and into next decade...use their group economics to build/buy influence in each of those nations...and avoid re-forming alliances with anyone that left them high & dry in past times (rely on themselves and true historical allies, avoid those that betrayed them), especially in these times when various foreign powers are trying to buy alliances in the region against other nations/powers.

Hazega/Tsazega.

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 17 Feb 2024, 21:39

Funny story, lived in a very cold/winter state and over decade+ ago was wearing Russian hat and convinced 3 of my American friends to do the same...used to go to early breakfast (6‐8 am) ever other Saturday and all of us walking into the joint/restaurant like were from mother Russia...i was the black 🇷🇺 Russian in the group :mrgreen:.
Back then most people got a laugh out of it and would even ask us where/how to get the hats...would like to try that experiment again but in these times one would also need to carry an AK (at least in an open carry state) :mrgreen:
Am also the type to wear a sombrero (missing poncho) going to & in southern border states...haha.
Practical for weather/climate...warm hat for cold and straw/shaded hat for sun...whats the problem?? :mrgreen:

Again, in these times when various foreign super powers are trying to buy alliances in the region against other powers/nations...would advise them to use their access to all those nations for their benefit for now and into next decade for economic gains instead of wars (only war in self defense of territory/people & in preparations)....otherwise use mostly their group economics to slowly & steadily build/buy influence in each of those nations they inhabit...and avoid re-forming alliances with anyone that left them high & dry in past times (rely only on themselves & avoid those that openly betrayed/attacked them)...also avoid being pawns for superpowers to use to weaken their neighboring nations.
Last edited by Hazega/Tsazega. on 18 Feb 2024, 12:17, edited 4 times in total.

Hazega/Tsazega.

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 18 Feb 2024, 10:33

The voices of these 2 ladies together...WoW, WoW!!
(Reminds me of rare songs when speakers of Tubdhaawi/Bidhaawyeet, Tigrayit, & Nara people in Eritrea & Sudan harmonize their voices together)

(Another duet)

Hazega/Tsazega.

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 18 Feb 2024, 21:59

(This one "Vaary Niice"...2 thumbs up 👍👍 from Borat!!)