https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAX

Vs

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... he_Omo.jpg

EGYPT 1865-1885
ITALY 1889 1941
ENGLAND 1942-1952
ETHIOPIA 1952 1991

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE 4*4.
Funny you celebrate only one independent day?

I am surprised Ethiopians such as yourself and especially since 60 years ago more Ethiopians think Eritrea the land is not part of Ethiopia. Not only that, Ethiopa's land extends to Somalia, Egypt and Sudan. Meaning the indiginous people of those countries are one and the same with Ethiopia including indiginous people in Eritrea. What went wrong? More and more foreigners and Mulattos in Eritrea especially today are claiming Eritrea is their land, NOT, it belongs to Ethiopia for centuries. After smuggling in people from other nations, they start their generations within the land and eventually claim it is is their land and they want indpendence. That is the trick that is how Arabs and foriengers steal your land. Those Mulattos must leave Eritrea. Today, more and more forieigners are in Tigray coming from Eritrea and claiming independence. So TGAA, Eritrea belongs to Ethiopia and did not colonize its own land! so remove Ethiopia from the list above.
I wish I could have journeyed alongside and arrived at the same conclusion, but reality dictates otherwise. Though physically Ethiopians and Eritreans bear similarities, our psychological makeup differs. From what I've closely observed, this dissimilarity would hinder our cohabitation. I foresee a future where we could foster close and even special relationships between Eritrea and Ethiopia. However, after what we've endured, claiming Eritrea as part of Ethiopia would be a colossal misjudgment.

When Eritreans triumphed and secured the right to federate with Ethiopia, there was a week of celebration among them. They even named their babies Ethiopia, Andente, and so forth, but that fervor didn't endure. While mistakes were undoubtedly made by the Ethiopian government, Eritreans were provided ample opportunities. Some argue they were afforded even more opportunities than Ethiopians. However, 65 years of Italian propaganda led them to believe they were superior and deserved independence from Ethiopia. They fought ardently and have since become an independent country.

Their emphasis on independence stems from their struggle against Ethiopia; it's their narrative. It's not about their historical battles with Italy, Egypt, or any other nation. Thus, to disregard their struggle due to our emotional attachments would only pave the way for another disaster.

Fiyameta

Re: Happy Independence Day Ethiopia!

Post by Fiyameta » 11 Mar 2024, 19:33

Zack wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 19:06
Ethiopia doesnt have an independence day because it was never colonised
Ethiopia was briefly occupied like germany occupied France and the Netherlands and belgium and poland. But Ethiopia was never colonised like all the other countries in the dark continent

Dr Zackovich
What is the difference between being occupied and being colonized? There are swaths of neighborhoods in Addis Ababa bearing Italian names. Is it possible that, only Addis Ababa was colonized, while the other parts of the country was occupied? You can't pick and choose which universal laws you obey and which ones you ignore. :P

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 11 Mar 2024, 23:46

Look at your Eritrea : It was colonized for more than 60 years that is given the average Eritrean age then it was close to two generation of Eritreans passed through colonialism. Your love of all things Italian is similar to that of France colonized African, their food test is yours , the pride you show when you construct two sentence in Italian language , though funny but it is visible how highly you think of them. In addition to years of military service as ascaries in different part of Africa.so you can't take that and compere the 5 years occupation of Ethiopia with your experience. It doesn't mean it completely didn't affect us , but it is insignificant. I don't know what motivates is to say what you say -- but it is not the same . France was occupied , but not colonized . Then Yugoslavia was occupied but never colonized,Poland was occupied but never colonized , Czechoslovakia was occupied but never colonized , last but not least Ethiopia was occupied but never colonized. Equating colonialism with occupation is not going to heal the colonial scar that all colonized people has to live with. The wisest course to take is to know its ramification and get rid of the trace of it from the society and build or nurture your own . It is daunting task but doable .

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 12 Mar 2024, 00:28

If you consider Tigray to be part of Ethiopia, (and I don't doubt that you do) , then how do you explain the behavior of the Ethiopian Church in Axum, Tigray that gave Field Marshal Rodolfo Graziani and his conquering Italian forces a hero's welcome by taking out the Holy Tabot in their honor, and give them a feast fit for a king!? I'm sorry, but the whole situation reeks of a voluntary colonization to me.

Keep in mind that, colonization doesn't necessarily have to be forced upon the victim nation to be called as such. Even those who welcomed colonization with open arms and legs are MEGA colonized. The only way non-Tegaru Ethiopians can make their "never colonized" narrative to stick is by expelling Tigray from the Ethiopian union, and change all the Italian named neighborhoods in Addis Ababa to British sounding names. It's worth trying, and you ain't got nothing to lose. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ethiopianunity
Member+

Post by ethiopianunity » 24 Mar 2024, 16:09

TGAA,

You sound like a defeated attitude. You sound like Derg's Murkogna by Shabia. You dare to deny Eritrea's land was once Ethiopia's. You are giving green light to Arabs and Westerners who planned this plot against Ethiopia

Zack

Post by Zack » 24 Mar 2024, 20:09

Misraq wrote:
26 Jan 2024, 15:25
union wrote:
26 Jan 2024, 15:06
Brother Misraq,

Enough said! Ascaris love to be abused, they don't know how to function in a peaceful environment, they need trouble -always :lol:.
[/color]

Brother Union,

You identified the keyword. Psychology is my major in my post grad and It says that kids who grow up in a turbulent houses are more likely to create that scenario when they grow up. Because, that is the norm for them. So Ascaris being abused for 50 years by italy and another 10 years by English then 17 years by Tulema Oromo (Mengistu) and then 34 years by the Temben boy Issayas created that unhealthy norm which is anti-peace, always provocative and restless inferiority ridden.

The outcome of such behavior as you said is to migrate in mass from what they call home and claimed to have fought for to countries like Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Libya, the middle east and the west. These guys are melting into the societies they live in. In Uganda, the kikuyus are having a field day taking skunnni bride and in the west, Niajja boys are claiming the fine looking one. May be ascari boys are masterbating in a daily base to sooth themselves and when that doesn't work, they come here and vomit. sick people really

:lol: :lol: sorry skunnni boys....keep mastabating

The jareer is enjoying that tonight i feel bad
she is regressing the the horner race very bad now she will have kids with kinky hair and a huge nose

Dr Zackovich