Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Ethiopian Avocado will soon conquer World-Market

Post by DefendTheTruth » 02 Jan 2024, 16:33

Without an exaggeration the variant Haas costs me something like 2 Dollars per piece in the supermarkets of the place where I live.

The man said in the video that a single tree can produce over 2 Kuntals, 2 to 3, to be more precise, (100 KG?) of the fuits. The whole plantation can then give rise to 1000s of kuntals. What does he earn from it? A millioner in Ethiopia planting fruits in one's garden?

Youtubers should wake up in due time.

I don't mean I earn better than Youtubers but I do earn my living by working hard, including park-attendance, without compromising my personal integrity.
Last edited by DefendTheTruth on 02 Jan 2024, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

Axumezana

Re: Ethiopian Avocado will soon concur World-Market

Post by Axumezana » 02 Jan 2024, 17:04

With all the rivers in Ethiopia flowing to East, South and West , the future of irrigated farming is bright!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 02 Jan 2024, 17:24

Axumezana wrote:
02 Jan 2024, 17:04
With all the rivers in Ethiopia flowing to East, South and West , the future of irrigated farming is bright!
The problem was we were never told if it is good or bad. We were told to eat our Shiro (floured peas) with our Injera, adding it is the best nutrition for our body. No one cared if we had other options too.

After eating Shiro with Injera, we were told to exhaust our savings to send our children abroad, specially to America, adding Every other country is better than Ethiopia, main thing look for an Exit (as if from Hell). Our children ended up campaigning against their own country after their exit.

Even today when the current leaders are inviting the abandoned children to come home and reconnect with their root, the disoriented and disillusioned so called Diaspora is advising them to never step into Ethiopia. You better eat your Shiro, instead of going back, they tell their own children. They don't buy Avovado from Ethiopia but Shiro.

To change such a mind set is of an astronomical scale.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 02 Jan 2024, 17:24

It is a good start. But do not hype it as if Ethiopia is going to be exporter of farm products pretty soon. That to happen takes a while. Ethiopia is exporting not because of having excess ; it is because Ethiopia needs foreign currency badly. There might come a time when Ethiopia will [conquer] world market exporting farm products. For now, we could only say it is a good beginning.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 02 Jan 2024, 17:30

But don't you think feeding these starving Agames should be the priority? They are sure to die before your hallucinations materialize. But then again, we are talking about Abiy Ahmed who imagines that building a $14 Billion dollar is good for the Ethiopian economy. With a leader with such warped views, Ethiopia is sure to go down the drain! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please wait, video is loading...

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: Ethiopian Avocado will soon conquer World-Market

Post by DefendTheTruth » 02 Jan 2024, 17:31

Thanks Sam for the correction.

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 02 Jan 2024, 17:38

The ascari slaves here are against good news on Ethiopia and their objective is to see a divided and weak Ethiopia which could be a pray to Eriteria and Egypt! Time to oppose them!

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 02 Jan 2024, 17:42

Axumezana wrote:
02 Jan 2024, 17:38
The ascari slaves here are against good news on Ethiopia and their objective is to see a divided and weak Ethiopia which could be a pray to Eriteria and Egypt! Time to oppose them!
AgameDumbo, do you see any good news here? :lol: :lol: :lol:

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Mar 2024, 13:41

I think many of you might have noted that the supply of Avocado in the supermarkets is not much currently. One more reason for Ethiopian Farmers to aspire more and thrive more.

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 12 Mar 2024, 14:07

Ethiopia’s food production what ever number huge might be, there is no way this cursed land can feed let alone to export its food production unless it wants to starve it already starved 120 million plus rats.
But countries which are not population explosion have always the advantage to feed their own people.
The problem with you a’ss wipes and dumb a’sses is that you fail to analyze any thing putting in mind with your rats numbers.
You will always be beggars waiting handouts from your masters in return of you bending your a’ses to their interests.
Facts matter.
Feeding one child versus feeding 10 kids….. it is in the advantage of one kid.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Mar 2024, 14:42

Cigar wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 14:07
Ethiopia’s food production what ever number huge might be, there is no way this cursed land can feed let alone to export its food production unless it wants to starve it already starved 120 million plus rats.
But countries which are not population explosion have always the advantage to feed their own people.
The problem with you a’ss wipes and dumb a’sses is that you fail to analyze any thing putting in mind with your rats numbers.
You will always be beggars waiting handouts from your masters in return of you bending your a’ses to their interests.
Facts matter.
Feeding one child versus feeding 10 kids….. it is in the advantage of one kid.
Yet another ቅዘናም,

Yes, we can't feed ourselves, could you also enlighten us how much surplus is being produced in your own Sing-a-Poor?

It doesn't matter, as far as you as our neighbor can produce more than you need, you will going to help us. Isn't it?

But take a note that I am not someone who would spend his time with a another ድንጋይ ራስ.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 12 Mar 2024, 15:54

DefendTheTruth wrote:
02 Jan 2024, 16:33
Without an exaggeration the variant Haas costs me something like 2 Dollars per piece in the supermarkets of the place where I live.

The man said in the video that a single tree can produce over 2 Kuntals, 2 to 3, to be more precise, (100 KG?) of the fuits. The whole plantation can then give rise to 1000s of kuntals. What does he earn from it? A millioner in Ethiopia planting fruits in one's garden?

Youtubers should wake up in due time.

I don't mean I earn better than Youtubers but I do earn my living by working hard, including park-attendance, without compromising my personal integrity.

Ethiopia will not conquer any world market.

What you don't know is, like any other fruit, Ethiopia won't be able to sell its avocados directly on the international market. The fruit market is strictly reserved for a bunch of greedy companies, which operate as an oligopoly. They would buy it from you for pennies and sell it as a high-priced product on the international market.

For instance, banana market is run and controlled mainly by these four companies: Chiquita, Del Monte, Dole, and Fyffes. The first three companies are American, even though not a single fuc.king banana grows in the US. And the fourth one is British. If you produce banana and want to sell it on the international (world) market, all you can do is to sell your fuc.king bananas to these fuc.kers for pennies, who would sell it on the international market and make money out of as's.

Next time you buy bananas at a supermarket, check it. It's highly likely that you'll see a sticker of one of these four fuc.kers - Chiquita, del Monte, Dole, and Fyffes on your bananas.

Therefore, Ethiopia should better sell its avocados to individual countries.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 12 Mar 2024, 17:39

For instance, in the past, Somalia used to sell its banana export exclusively to Italy, Syria, and Iraq, instead of selling it to greedy western companies that dominate, regulate, and control the international fresh fruits and vegetables market.

The fuc.king World Bank and IMF compel and drive developing countries to increase their production and exports of crops. And once the latter have increased their production, they're unable to sell their exports on the European fruits and vegetables market, for instance, as they're asked to meet multiple requirements, including plant health controls and marketing standards controls, which often make impossible for exports from developing countries, particularly Africa, to even reach the European fruits and vegetables market.

These fuc.king European and American fresh fruits and vegetables companies then jump in, buy these exports, play around any requirements that are in place, sell them on the global market, and prosper out the ar'se of developing countries - and developing countries remain poor despite increasing their production and exports of all sorts of crops.

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 12 Mar 2024, 18:11

የዓድዋ ተወላጆች ወያኔ ከኢትዮጵያ ህዝብ የዘረፉትን $30 ቢሊየን ዶላር ለረሃብ ለተጋለጡ ተጋሩ ዎገኖቻችን አቦካዶ መግዧነት ቢያውሉትስ? :roll: :roll: