Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Temt
Member+

Message of Congratulations to Vladimir Putin...

Post by Temt » 10 Jun 2023, 12:18

Message of Congratulations
Jun 10, 2023

Asmara, 10 June 2023 – President Isaias Afwerki sent a warm message of congratulations, on behalf of the Government and people of Eritrea, to President Vladimir Putin and to the people and Government of the Russian Federation on the occasion and celebrations of Russia Day.

In his message, President Isaias stated that the occasion is indeed an opportune and timely moment for humanity to ponder on the trajectory that the global community must chart out in the coming crucial years to ensure that the enormous technological progress achieved is leveraged and marshaled to improve the quality of life for all mankind under new, fair, and sustainable international order conducive to economic growth, peace, and stability.

President Isaias also expressed that these were the themes that both leaders had the opportunity to discuss during their meeting in Moscow earlier this month. In that respect, President Isaias stated his confidence that the bilateral ties and fruitful consultations on international matters of mutual interest will grow in the period ahead.
Last edited by Temt on 10 Jun 2023, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

Temt
Member+

Re: Message of congratulations to Vladimir Putin...

Post by Temt » 10 Jun 2023, 13:12

ዑደት ፕረዚደንት ኢሳይያስ ኣፈወርቂ ኣብ ፈደረሽን ሩስያ | Report on President Isaias Afwerki's visit to the Russian Federation - ERi-TV

justo

Re: Message of Congratulations to Vladimir Putin...

Post by justo » 10 Jun 2023, 15:45

Temt wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 12:18
Jun 10, 2023

Asmara, 10 June 2023 – President Isaias Afwerki sent a warm message of congratulations, on behalf of the Government and people of Eritrea, to President Vladimir Putin and to the people and Government of the Russian Federation on the occasion and celebrations of Russia Day.

In his message, President Isaias stated that the occasion is indeed an opportune and timely moment for humanity to ponder on the trajectory that the global community must chart out in the coming crucial years to ensure that the enormous technological progress achieved is leveraged and marshaled to improve the quality of life for all mankind under new, fair, and sustainable international order conducive to economic growth, peace, and stability.

President Isaias also expressed that these were the themes that both leaders had the opportunity to discuss during their meeting in Moscow earlier this month. In that respect, President Isaias stated his confidence that the bilateral ties and fruitful consultations on international matters of mutual interest will grow in the period ahead.
I don't think he should do this, but if he still wants to do it, he should send it on his own behalf (may be his governments behalf), but not on the people's behalf. It is not good to implicate a whole people in a global conflict of dubious ethical basis and unknown outcome. A people should have a say on matters that affect their future.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 10 Jun 2023, 16:04

justo wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 15:45
Temt wrote:

Jun 10, 2023

I don't think he should do this, but if he still wants to do it, he should send it on his own behalf (may be his governments behalf), but not on the people's behalf. It is not good to implicate a whole people in a global conflict of dubious ethical basis and unknown outcome. A people should have a say on matters that affect their future.
Would you be worried in like manner I wonder if, hypothetically, his letter was about congratulating Biden on the 4th of July?

Besides, if these 2 powers really come into conflict (militarily & all) none of us would survive anyway.

justo

Post by justo » 10 Jun 2023, 16:19

Zmeselo wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 16:04

Would you be worried in like manner I wonder if, hypothetically, his letter was about congratulating Biden on the 4th of July?

Besides, if these 2 powers really come into conflict (militarily & all) none of us would survive anyway.
That is a good question, bro Zmeselo. May be not as a rule, but hopefully I'd have reacted the same way during the Vietnam war or the recent war in Libya. The same goes for Putin, I wouldn't react in general terms, but not during a raging conflict of dubious ethical background, where irrespective who is right and wrong, civilians of a small country are paying heavy price.

I am also reacting because I sense danger in putting us in the forefront of a far-away conflict.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 10 Jun 2023, 17:59

justo wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 16:19

That is a good question, bro Zmeselo. May be not as a rule, but hopefully I'd have reacted the same way during the Vietnam war or the recent war in Libya. The same goes for Putin, I wouldn't react in general terms, but not during a raging conflict of dubious ethical background, where irrespective who is right and wrong, civilians of a small country are paying heavy price.

I am also reacting because I sense danger in putting us in the forefront of a far-away conflict.

Brother Justo,

Eritreans have been paying the price since ages.....If my memory serves me right though, the decision of the powers of the day to hook us with Ethiopia after 1940s wasn't because PIA or Ibrahim Sultan or Aboy Woldeab or any Eritrean for that matter, sent a letter to Stalin on the anniversary of the Soviet Union......Roosevelt's, Clinton's....or Biden's interest preceded the message PIA sent to Putin. Heck, it even precedes the creation of the Eritrean identity as we know it today.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 10 Jun 2023, 18:12

justo wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 15:45
Temt wrote:
Jun 10, 2023

"ወቺ ጉዱ" ድዮም ዝበሉ ጎረባብትና፧
Justo,
Reading your comments over the years, although I may be wrong, I have a feeling you don't like PIA and/or his national policy, which, of course, is your right to do so. But, don't allow that to skew your rationale on our country's affairs in the wrong direction. Now, let me ask you, why do you believe the "Ukraine/Russia war was
dubious ethical basis and unknown outcome?

1) What is "dubious" about the war? The Ukrainians are the victims (not of Russia) but of the neocon artists of the US-led West leadership. I am saying "victims" for they are being used as cannon fodder at the service of NATO. Let me explain. (briefly)
Keep in mind NATO was established to safeguard Europe from potential threats by archenemies like the USSR (defensive) and never to initiate an offensive war. When the USSR collapsed about 30 years ago, because of inept and selfish leadership, there was no reason for the existence of NATO (North Atlantic Terrorist Organization" (my designation). Not only that, President Putin had even requested Russian membership in the EU, which NATO and the EU promised to consider.
In the meantime, NATO has promised not to "Expand" from its existing member states, albeit a verbal commitment, which the Russian leadership took to heart, like a gentleman's agreement. Not only that, there were several agreements in Belarus's capital, Minsk, to affirm such agreements. Sadly, however, the Europeans and Americans (NATO) never kept their word (typical of a neocon mentality)! Instead, they kept expanding the NATO territories like the current Canadian wildfire.
However, when the NATO expansion was knocking on the Russian Federation's doorsteps, the honorable President Putin declared "Enough is enough" and no RED line (expansion to Ukraine) can be tolerated anymore. The rest is history in the making.
I don't want to bore my readers, but in short, much of present-day Ukraine was part of Russia anyway. And the Crimea peninsula was given by President Kruschev to Ukraine with no formality from Russia - as Ukraine was part of the USSR then.
Another point that needs to be emphasized is President Zelensky (I call him a white Weyane for he lies, cheats, and deceives as they did before ሻዕብያ (or should I say ሻዕውያ) expedited their demise, had
agreed to a cessation of hostility and accepted negotiations with President Putin on the auspices of President Erdogan of Turkeye and an ex-President of Israel (I forgot his name). But as we say in Tigrinya, "ዘራጊ ከሎ ጽሩይ ማይ ነይስተ" ከም፡Borris Jonson of the not-so-great Britain huffed and puffed to Kyiv and basically ordered the comedian turned president "not to accept the deal"! The rest is unnecessary bloodshed for the people of Russia and Ukraine. So brother, Justo, where is the "dubious ethical" that you alluded to above?
Finally, you stated the war is "of unknown outcome". Excuse me! Last time I checked most wars are of unknown outcomes unless one has a "Crystal ball". Maybe you do. But that does not, and must not, stop people and governments from waging wars if there were good reasons for fighting them. My friend, the PIA-led EPLF war of independence, would never have achieved fruition, if one was going to go by your mentality for, practically, the whole world has dismissed our independence struggle as an "unwinnable war" for we always were outnumbered and outgunned by various Ethiopian regimes. But, against all odds, thanks to the gallant fighters martyred and alive, we have obtained our independence and we continue to enjoy it with a big sigh of relief!
Long live Independent Eritrea and may God guide its leadership to defend Eritrea and the Eritrean people from malicious neighbors and beyond our borders.
Last edited by Temt on 10 Jun 2023, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

justo

Post by justo » 10 Jun 2023, 19:01

Temt wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 18:12
Reading your comments over the years, although I may be wrong, I have a feeling you don't like PIA and/or his national policy, which፡ of course is your right to do so.
No, you're wrong. In fact I consider myself a "blind" supporter. I say 'blind', not because I am blind about anything, but because I'd would support him irrespective of my personal opinion. Eritrea is such an embattled country that not supporting the leadership would be foolish and unforgivable. But having said that, it is true that I disapprove of many of his policies, both local and international. Much more strongly than I care to express, because of the above considerations of us being an embattled country.

My red line goes however around the things he says about the HoA, Ethiopia and us. In the beginning his many statements took me by surprise, I never expected an Eritrean, leader or otherwise, would dare to openly express such sentiments after all we have gone through. Now, I am not surprised anymore, but disapprove even more strongly.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 10 Jun 2023, 19:48

ሃየስከ በሉ ልቦና ዝመልኦ ትንተና ጆባእ ንብለኩም፡ (ያላ ተፈደሉ)

Meleket

Post by Meleket » 12 Jun 2023, 10:36

ወራሪውን ፑቲንን እኮ ኣመስጋኙ በዛ፡ ይህ የላቲቪያ መሪም እያሞገሱት ይመስላሉ! :mrgreen:
Prime Minister of Latvia thanked Putin for the unification of Europe
Neil Hawker

Russian dictator Putin can be commended for “doing a good job of uniting Europe for the first time since 1945".

This was the opinion of Prime Minister of Latvia Krisjanis Karins.

He said that the West is "not a geographic entity, but a value one" and Putin "did a good job uniting Europe for the first time since 1945".

Karins noted that "the Ukrainian people fight and die for freedom, democracy and values, while the West only talks about these values". He assured that Latvia is ready to help Ukraine in its victory, because "only the victory of Ukraine can bring peace".

He concluded that the integration of Ukraine into NATO is the only way to ensure peace in Europe.

He’s absolutely right, the only way.

Speaking at the Brussels forum organised by the US German Marshall Fund
What are some things you would tell Russian people who support Vladimir Putin?
Elena Gold

In 2023, supporting Vladimir Putin means supporting his incursion into Ukraine.

I wonder, what a Russian person who supports it would think if the shoe was on another foot?

Imagine, just for a second, that you are waking up from missiles hitting every city of your country.

You switch on TV, and there Ukrainians are saying that you are snide neoimperialists and your whole country must be destroyed because in 1993 you used tanks to shoot at your own citizens in Moscow.

While you are seeking a shelter, losing your mind with fear, thinking about your family and friends in other cities, trying to get some food, Ukrainians turn into ruins the beautiful city of St. Petersburg and rename it into Leningrad, proudly bragging about it on all TV channels.

Your sons who were conscripted to army, are thrown into a total hell.

Why? Because Stalin staged Golodomor – a giant famine in Ukraine (Ukrainians officially declare that in the UN).

Your friends, acquaintances are dying on ruins of their own cities, which used to be green and alive. And the reason for that, you are told, because there is army in these cities – your own country’s army.

Your future, your plans, your families are dead. And the president of Ukraine is laughing on camera and saying, “Like it or not, it’s happening!” And explains that he is liberating you from the despicable neoimperialists.

Can you imagine that?
I can’t.

Because nowhere in the world there are people who are so dehumanized, so acerbated, so oppositional to the very concept of life.

Nowhere except Russia.

ክቡር justo ብኤርትራዊ ጭዉነት ዘልዓሎ ነጥብታት ክቡር ኢዩ'ሞ፡ ብኤርትራዊ ጭዉነት ሓበንን ፍናንን "ኣገናዕ" ክንብሎ ክብሪ ይስምዓና፡ ንሕና ኤርትራዉያን ደያኑ ማእከልን መስመርን!