Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
almaze
Member+

Why does the ሓማሴን Hotel still operate under its original name? This is a form of racism.

Post by almaze » 04 Jun 2023, 20:56

I have not yet encountered a hotel or restaurant bearing the name ሰራየ. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tarik
Senior Member+

Re: Why does the ሓማሴን Hotel still operate under its original name? This is a form of racism.

Post by tarik » 04 Jun 2023, 21:05

almaze wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 20:56
I have not yet encountered a hotel or restaurant bearing the name ሰራየ. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

መላው ኤርትራ አንድ ጊዜ መሬት ሓማሴን ተብሎ እንደሚጠራ አታውቅምን?

almaze
Member+

Re: Why does the ሓማሴን Hotel still operate under its original name? This is a form of racism.

Post by almaze » 04 Jun 2023, 21:15

tarik wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 21:05
almaze wrote:

መላው ኤርትራ አንድ ጊዜ መሬት ሓማሴን ተብሎ እንደሚጠራ አታውቅምን?

ኦሮሙማ Tariku, I was unaware of that. Please enlighten me.

ANTICO

Post by ANTICO » 04 Jun 2023, 22:12

If one were to believe Wikipedia :idea: :idea:

The regions of Eritrea are the primary geographical divisions through which Eritrea is administered. Six in total, they include the Central, Anseba, Gash-Barka, Southern, Northern Red Sea and Southern Red Sea regions.

almaze
Member+

Post by almaze » 05 Jun 2023, 00:34

Sorry, I previously posted an outdated image of the Cinema Hamassen building, but someone informed me that it is no longer in use and in disrepair. :lol: :lol: :lol:

almaze
Member+

Post by almaze » 05 Jun 2023, 00:56

Is the word ሓማሴን misspelled, or am I misreading it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 05 Jun 2023, 10:15

almaze wrote:

For those who are interested:

Bet megbi hamassien (tigrigna)

Hamassien restaurant (european)

MetAm hamassien (arabic)

Let me share with you a true story concerning an incident which has something to do with hamassien restaurant.

3 tigrayit speaking kerenites were on visit to Asmera. So they entered the restaurant and ate their lunch.

So when they were getting out of the restaurant (sinnom bi stekini inaseQseQu) they were encountered by kerenites friends who live in asmara.

Shame on you, you ate christian meat in this Christian restaurant? Said the friends.

The guests said, what..... Pointing their fingers at the writing, they say read....
It is written metAm hussain or bet megbi hussain.

The secret was: metAm hamassien, the letter "m" was unreadable perhaps aged and it was not a deliberate act of the owner.

As such, metAm hamassien (hamassien without the letter "m") will read metAm hussain as in arabic.

Tena yistilign.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 05 Jun 2023, 15:38

kerenite wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 10:15
almaze wrote:

For those who are interested:

Bet megbi hamassien (tigrigna)

Hamassien restaurant (european)

MetAm hamassien (arabic)

Let me share with you a true story concerning an incident which has something to do with hamassien restaurant.

3 tigrayit speaking kerenites were on visit to Asmera. So they entered the restaurant and ate their lunch.

So when they were getting out of the restaurant (sinnom bi stekini inaseQseQu) they were encountered by kerenites friends who live in asmara.

Shame on you, you ate christian meat in this Christian restaurant? Said the friends.

The guests said, what..... Pointing their fingers at the writing, they say read....
It is written metAm hussain or bet megbi hussain.

The secret was: metAm hamassien, the letter "m" was unreadable perhaps aged and it was not a deliberate act of the owner.

As such, metAm hamassien (hamassien without the letter "m") will read metAm hussain as in arabic.

Tena yistilign.
Just a follow up,

My last visit to Eritrea was more than 2 decades ago.

I recall while I was visiting my beloved country, my supper was always at hamassien restaurant.

My best was the SMALL TSAHLI. Man I loved it. Is it still served at the restaurant?

Finally,

My beloved country eritrea, I am missing you same as other tens of thousands of eritreans.