Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Right

Re: አባ ጅፋር ማነው?

Post by Right » 04 Jun 2023, 17:18

DDT,

On issues you don’t know and you don’t understand, it is better to leave the stage to knowledgeable people and join the audience to learn.
አባ ጃፋር is a very interesting man of the past. I did know his involvement in the slave trade but didn’t realize the degree of his brutality to his own people. You are all over the map to draw a fictious picture because of identification syndrome.
You are a nuisance and disruptive with no valuable point of discussion.
You are more than capable of dropping your identification ego and learn.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 04 Jun 2023, 19:59

የኦሮሞ ልሂቃንና ካድሬዎች ግራ የገባቸው ናቸው። ለምን በል?

- የገዳ ሲስተምና ጂማ ጂፋር በጣም ተቃራኒ ናቸው። ጂማ አባ ጂፋር ልክ እነሱ እንደሚጠሏቸው የሸዋና ጎንደር ነገሥታት መንበረ ስልጣኑን ለብቻው አንቆ የያዘ የፊውዳላዊ አሰራር ነበር። ይኸም ከኦሮሞ ዲሞክራሲያዊ ገዳ አሰራር ፍፁም የሚፃረር ምናልባትም በፊት ያልነበረ በኋላ ግን በ1800 አካባቢ ከሲዳማ ኪንግደም የተኮረጀ አስተዳደር ሊሆን ይችላል።

- ጂማ አባ ጂፋር በጊቤ ዙሪያ ያሉትን እራሳቸው ኦሮሞዎችን በተደጋጋሚ እንደወጋቸውና ቅጥቅጥ አድርጎ እንደገዛቸው በታሪክ መዛግብት ተፅፏል። ግን ደንቆሮዎቹ ካድሬዎች ስለዚህ እውነት ቢሞቱ አይተነፍሱም።

- ጂማ አባጅፋር ካድሬዎቹ እንደሚያናፍሱት ሳይሆን፣ ግፋ ቢል ፹ ሺህ ቢበዛ ፻ ሺህ ህዝብ እንጂ ከዚያ በላይ አስተዳድሮ አያውቅም። ግን ብዙ መሳሪያና ባሮች ስለነበሩት የአካባቢው ሃያል መሪ ነበር።

- የጂማው ንጉስ ዋና የገቢ ምንጭ የዝሆን ጥርስና የባሪያ ንግድ ነበር። ዲ ሳልቪያክ ፣ ኸርበርት ሌዊና እራሱ ኦሮሞዎች የሚያመልኩት ክራፍ የፃፉትን የታሪክ መፃህፍት መጥቀስ ይቻላል። ኸርበርት ሌዊ እንደፃፈው ትልቁ የኢትዮጵያ የባሪያ ንግድ የነበረው ጂማ ውስጥ ነበር። ሰዎች በቁማቸው ገበያ ውስጥ እንደ ሽንኩርትና ድንች ይሸጡ ነበር።

- ጂማ አባ ጂፋር ብዙ ሚስቶች የነበሩት ሙስሊም ነበር። ዛሬ ግን ሽመልስ አብዲሳ ጂፋርን በአንድ በኩል እያወደሰ በሌላ በኩል የአረብ መጤ ሃይማኖት ነው በማለት በሙስሊሙ ላይ የእምነት ጦርነት ጀምሯል።

Right wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 17:18
DDT,

On issues you don’t know and you don’t understand, it is better to leave the stage to knowledgeable people and join the audience to learn.
አባ ጃፋር is a very interesting man of the past. I did know his involvement in the slave trade but didn’t realize the degree of his brutality to his own people. You are all over the map to draw a fictious picture because of identification syndrome.
You are a nuisance and disruptive with no valuable point of discussion.
You are more than capable of dropping your identification ego and learn.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 04 Jun 2023, 20:07

የንጉስ ምኒልክ የትዕዛዝ ደብዳቤ ላባ ጂፋር
https://i.redd.it/ab9q224a52951.jpg

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 04 Jun 2023, 20:13

ኦሪጂናሉን ማየት እፈልጋለሁ!

Horus wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 20:07

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 04 Jun 2023, 20:53

እንሰሳው የኦነግ-ሸኔ መንግስት - አባ ጅፋርን እያወደሱ ሙስሊም አዛውንትን መቀጥቀጥ:

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 04 Jun 2023, 21:28

Moti Abba Jifar I (r. 1830–1855) was the first king of the Gibe Kingdom of Jimma.

Reign
Abba Jifar was the son of Abba Magal, who was a leader of the Diggo Oromo. He built upon the political and military base his father had provided him, and created the Kingdom of Jimma. Consequently, Jimma was no longer referred to as Jimma Kaka in common parlance, but as Jimma Abba Jifar.

The Kingdom of Jimma was an Oromo kingdom in the Gibe region of Ethiopia that emerged in the 18th century. It shared its western border with Limmu-Ennarea, its eastern border with the Sidamo Kingdom of Janjero, and was separated from the Kingdom of Kaffa to the south by the Gojeb River. Jimma was considered the most powerful militarily of the Gibe kingdoms.

Herbert S. Lewis credits Abba Jifar with having initiated many administrative and political innovations. According to oral tradition, Abba Jifar claimed the right to the extensive areas of land as well as virgin or unused land, which he both kept for himself and used to reward his family, followers and favorites. He reportedly constructed at least five palaces in different parts of Jimma.

The historian Mordechai Abir notes that between the years 1839 and 1841 of his reign, Abba Jifar fought with Abba Bagido the King of Limmu-Ennarea over the district of Badi-Folla. The area was important for control of the caravan route between the Kingdom of Kaffa on the one hand, and the provinces of Gojjam and Shewa on the other. While the two Kings negotiated a peace in 1841, and sealed the treaty with the marriage of Abba Jifar's daughter to Abba Bagido's son Abba Dula, the Jimma King eventually conquered Badi-Folla (1847) and secured control over this important caravan route.

Economy
In Jimma, aba Jifar Oromo kingdom Maria Theresa silver coin was used a silver bullion coin and a type of Conventions thaler that has been used in world trade continuously since it was first minted in 1741. It is named after Maria Theresa who ruled Austria, Hungary, and Bohemia from 1740 to 1780 and is depicted on the coin. The Maria Theresa Thaler (coin) was originally struck in Austria between 1740 and 1780. It was the circulating currency of the Holy Roman Empire and its dominions and it was one of the most important trade coins in Europe and the world. Since the death of Maria Theresa in 1780, the coin has always been dated 1780. It has been continuously minted in various mints around the world: Birmingham, Bombay, Brussels, London, Paris, Rome, and Utrecht, in addition to the Hapsburg mints in Günzburg, Hall, Karlsburg, Kremnica, Milan, Prague, and Vienna. It is estimated that until 2000, 389 million pieces were minted. As of 2019, it is still sold by the Vienna mint.

Coffee (Coffea arabica) became a major cash crop in Jimma only in the reign of King Abba Jifar II. Another source of income was the extraction of oil from Civets, which was used to make perfume.

Abba Jifar was also the first king of Jimma to embrace Islam, owing his conversion in 1830 to Abdul Hakim, a trader from Gondar. Lewis notes that as of 1960, Abdul Hakim's tomb in Jiren was still a venerated site.

Jimma Abba Jifar: An Oromo Monarchy Ethiopia 1830-1932.

Last edited by sun on 04 Jun 2023, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Abere

Post by Abere » 04 Jun 2023, 22:00

sun wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 21:28

This just another desperate የቡርቃው ዝምታ fabrication or fictional story. Aba Jifar is originally an Arab man who found lucrative slave business trade in Jimma where he annual exported dozens of Oromos and ኩሎ.

Moti Abba Jifar I (r. 1830–1855) was the first king of the Gibe Kingdom of Jimma.

Reign
Abba Jifar was the son of Abba Magal, who was a leader of the Diggo Oromo. He built upon the political and military base his father had provided him, and created the Kingdom of Jimma. Consequently, Jimma was no longer referred to as Jimma Kaka in common parlance, but as Jimma Abba Jifar.

Herbert S. Lewis credits Abba Jifar with having initiated many administrative and political innovations. According to oral tradition, Abba Jifar claimed the right to the extensive areas of land as well as virgin or unused land, which he both kept for himself and used to reward his family, followers and favorites. He reportedly constructed at least five palaces in different parts of Jimma.

The historian Mordechai Abir notes that between the years 1839 and 1841 of his reign, Abba Jifar fought with Abba Bagido the King of Limmu-Ennarea over the district of Badi-Folla. The area was important for control of the caravan route between the Kingdom of Kaffa on the one hand, and the provinces of Gojjam and Shewa on the other. While the two Kings negotiated a peace in 1841, and sealed the treaty with the marriage of Abba Jifar's daughter to Abba Bagido's son Abba Dula, the Jimma King eventually conquered Badi-Folla (1847) and secured control over this important caravan route.[2]

Abba Jifar was also the first king of Jimma to embrace Islam, owing his conversion in 1830 to Abdul Hakim, a trader from Gondar. Lewis notes that as of 1960, Abdul Hakim's tomb in Jiren was still a venerated site.

Jimma Abba Jifar: An Oromo Monarchy Ethiopia 1830-1932.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 04 Jun 2023, 22:47

I have here right on my desk the very 1st edition, hard cover, 6 ሳር ክዳን ቤቶች ልባሱ ላይ authentic copy of 'A Galla Monarchy'. Herbert S. Lewis, A Galla Monarchy: Jimma Abba Jifar, Ethiopia, 1830-1832. (1965) PP.148 small book. The little feudal kingdom was an adaptation from Gibe area local feudal entities.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 04 Jun 2023, 22:57

አባ ጅፋርና መሰሎቹ በባሪያ ንግድ ስለፈፀሙት ግፍ ምስክር ሊሆኑ የሚችሉ ብዙ የወንድ ዘሮች ባይኖሩም ፣ ከሰቆቃው የተረፉት የሴት ዘሮች ይናገራሉ።

ከነዚህ ውስጥ ፕሮፌሰር ኑቢያ ኬይ የምትባለው አሜሪካዊት ትገኛለች። የቅድም ቅድም ቅድም አያቷ ከከፊቾ ቤተሰቦቿ በልጅነቷ ተነጥቃ፣ ቦንጋ ገበያ ላይ እንደፍየል ለአረብ ወይንም ፖርቱጋል ነጋዴዎች በኢትዮጵያዊ ወንድሞቿ ተሸጣ፣ ከኬፕ ታውን ፖርት ለአሜሪካን ያንኪዎች ተላልፋ ተሸጣ፣ ለሚዘገንን የአሜሪካን ባርነት ስለመዳረጓ ኢትዮጵያ ድረስ ሄዳ መስክራለች።

ከኢትዮጵያ የባሪያ ንግድ ታሪክ እጅህን የምትታጠብ ዜጋ ሁሉ ጅል ነህ። ኢትዮጵያ ከአፍሪካን አሜሪካን የባርነት ታሪክ ጋር ምንም ግንኙነት የላትም ብለህ የምታምን እንከፍ ሁላ፣ ብትሞት ይሻልሃል።

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 04 Jun 2023, 23:16

Selam/ wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 20:13
ኦሪጂናሉን ማየት እፈልጋለሁ!

Horus wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 20:07
ኦሪጂናሉ ጸሃፊ ትዛዝ ገብረ ስላሴ በእጅ ቁም ጽፈት የጻፉት አንድ ቦታ ይኖራል። የምኒልክ ደብዳቤውች ስብስብ ጳውሎስ ኞኞ ያሳተመው ይመስለኛል እኔ የዛሬ 40/50 አመት ነው ያነበብኩት ።

ethiopianunity
Member+

Post by ethiopianunity » 04 Jun 2023, 23:32

It is not just Oromo that Aba Jifar sold but also others as I mentioned. So that being said first of all, it is not fair for my brothers and sisters Oromo to carry this burden as I can guarnatee, throughout the Zemenemesafint, many other Ethiopians even from Amara and Tigray could be sold. The issue is Defend The Truth and sun. Otherwise stop belittling Ethiopians by throwing this slavery down the throat of Oromo. The enemy of Oromo is in fact people like Defen the truth and sun who pause as Oromos say asinine stuff in order to isolate Oromos from the other Ethiopians and create rift. My guess who sun and DDT are is most likely they are Jebertis/ Siltes. That is why they always write something that is non Ethiopia related as well as pro Arab related. They are hiding in Oromo skirt.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 05 Jun 2023, 00:07

All Ethiopians were victims of slavery although the heavy burden fell on our Omotic brothers and sisters. Likewise, many Ethiopians were involved in the slave trade, including the Gondar, Tigray & Shoa monarchs. Abba Jiffar was the biggest beneficiary of the slave trade due to the geographical location that he governed and in fact he himself owned thousands of them. Oromo elites talk a lot about gudifeccha but they never tell you that many Oromo families owned slaves. I am not here singling out Oromos because other tribes also owned domestic slaves.

The point that I am trying to make is that Oromos portray themselves as victims when in fact they were one of the perpetrators and promoters of slavery and savagery. I don’t give a fvck what those two inferior midgets scribble.
ethiopianunity wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 23:32
It is not just Oromo that Aba Jifar sold but also others as I mentioned. So that being said first of all, it is not fair for my brothers and sisters Oromo to carry this burden as I can guarnatee, throughout the Zemenemesafint, many other Ethiopians even from Amara and Tigray could be sold. The issue is Defend The Truth and sun. Otherwise stop belittling Ethiopians by throwing this slavery down the throat of Oromo. The enemy of Oromo is in fact people like Defen the truth and sun who pause as Oromos say asinine stuff in order to isolate Oromos from the other Ethiopians and create rift. My guess who sun and DDT are is most likely they are Jebertis/ Siltes. That is why they always write something that is non Ethiopia related as well as pro Arab related. They are hiding in Oromo skirt.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 05 Jun 2023, 00:33

ከላይ ዲዲቲ ሳይሰማ የለጠፈው የኢስላሚክ ወረም ኡማ ሰባኪ የነገረንኮ አጋሮና በሻ (በሸሻ) ሁለት ራሳቸውን የቻሉ ጎሳዎች ነበሩ ። አረቡ አባ ጂፋር በኃይል ዋጣቸው ይላል ። እራሱ አቢይ መጣሁበት የሚለው ጎሳ ባባ ጂፋር የተሰለጠቀ ሕዝብ ነው። ዛሬ ሃጋሎ (የድሮ ስማቸው) የሚባል ሕዝብ የለም ።

ሁለቱ ብሪጅ ሚዲያ ላይ ያሉት ሰዎች አንድ በግልጽ አረብ ነው ፣ ጠያቂ ችላሲክ የካፋና የዚያ አካባቢ መልክ ያለው ነው። ሁለቱም ወረሞኝ ተናጋሪ ሌላ ጎሳ ሰዎች ናቸው :lol: :lol: :lol: :lo:

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 11 Jun 2023, 09:47

አባ ጅፋር ማነው?
ቦቅባቃዉ ሆረስ እንደስተጋባዉ.