Post by Misraq » 27 May 2023, 23:34

Axumezana

Re: ባሕላዊው ጀነራል ምግበይ በ ETV - ስላለቀው የትግራይ ወጣት ቁጥር

Post by Axumezana » 28 May 2023, 01:47

Nothing wrong with what Megbey said!

sarcasm

Post by sarcasm » 28 May 2023, 08:54

What he's saying is behind every statistic is a person. Behind every statistic of a rape, there is a story, and a life that matters; and he's trying to make sense of the statistics which surround the reporting of the War on Tigray. he could have explained it better in Tigrigna, I guess.

I think it’s easy to list the big numbers and feel like that’s going to have an impact, but people can’t process big numbers. It’s all just numbers. It can be hard to look through the data to see the real people beneath. Numbers don’t tell you about moms struggling, hungry kids, or people who sleep on wet grounds on IDP centers.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 28 May 2023, 09:20

sarcasm wrote:
28 May 2023, 08:54
What he's saying is behind every statistic is a person. Behind every statistic of a rape, there is a story, and a life that matters; and he's trying to make sense of the statistics which surround the reporting of the War on Tigray. he could have explained it better in Tigrigna, I guess.

I think it’s easy to list the big numbers and feel like that’s going to have an impact, but people can’t process big numbers. It’s all just numbers. It can be hard to look through the data to see the real people beneath. Numbers don’t tell you about moms struggling, hungry kids, or people who sleep on wet grounds on IDP centers.
The damage is enormous, no one can deny that, the magnitude of the damage is beyond what many of us can ever grasp well.

But the most important question that should be answered is who is to blame for all that?

Why was war necessary in the first place and who triggered the war?

Answering this question could help in trying to avoid the same from happening in the future.

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 28 May 2023, 09:28

Bahilawiw General Megbey knew 1,000,000 ember tegadalays checked out as a result of the so called "bahilawi Chewata". he played it down by avoiding giving the number. but we know

euroland
Member+

Post by euroland » 28 May 2023, 10:03

Agame boy

Did you know that the Shaebia soldiers found his wet underwear inside his hotel room when Shaebia visited Shire for the second time? On Shaebia’s next and last visit to Chigray’s cities and towns, they will find his head (if he is lucky) other cowards fake generals …mark my word. I am sure being captured alive by Shaebia isn’t good idea. Look what happened to your beloved Siyum Mesfin and Co. when Shaebia commandos captured them in Seleklaka hiding in one farmer’s house. Shaebia had fun for a whole week interrogating and making then cry like a baby before decision was made from Adi Halo to send them to join their Malelit leader in hell.

Agame “generals” who are not even equivalent to a private soldier in Eritrea, talk to much but they were the first one to flee with their V8 SUV along with their hookers when they hear Shaebia is heading its way.

Axumezana wrote:
28 May 2023, 01:47
Nothing wrong with what Megbey said!

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 28 May 2023, 12:01

sarcasm wrote:
28 May 2023, 08:54

I once asked a good friend of mine who lives in Germany how his mastery of the German language was. As usual in his quick-wit response "መናገሩን ብቻ ሳይሆን፥ በቋንቋው ማልቀስንም ጭምር እችልበታለሁኝ፥ እንዳለው ነው ነገሩ::

As my first language, I thought I could do the same in Amharic as well- መናገሩን ብቻ ሳይሆን፥ በቋንቋው ማልቀስንም ጭምር እችልበታለሁኝ፥ until Eden just convinced me that I should take it as a second-language, given the gap between what I heard from the 'General's' mouth and her interpretation........

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 28 May 2023, 14:56

This poor mother is still waiting for her 4 children that General Migbey sent to fight a mercenary war to come home. What if he told the mother the truth about her children not coming home so she may find closure? Empty nest syndrome is very painful. Not knowing about the whereabouts of her 4 children is just as painful as knowing truth. Tell her the truth!

General Migbey gave the poor mother 5,000 Birr ($91.47 USD) as compensation for her losses. That is about $22 per child soldier. The bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label Whisky on General Migbey's table cost $92.56 USD.
:| :|

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine told me that she asked her Dad to go with her to the store to buy a Mother's Day gift for her Mom, to which he replied "She's not my mother!" Both Sarcasm/eden and Axumezana are also saying the same thing: The poor mother in Tigray who lost her 4 children in their mercenary war is not their mother, so why should they care? :|

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 28 May 2023, 16:06

በኢትዮጵያና በኤርትራ ህዝቦች ላይ የውክልና ጦርነት አውጀን አንድ ነጥብ አምሥት ሚልየን የትግራይ ወጣቶችና ህፃናት ወታደሮችን በጦርነቱ እንደ ቅጠል እንዲረግፉ አድርገን ያተረፍነው ነገር የለም። :roll:

ያተረፍነው ሞት መቁሰል እና ሙርኮ ብቻ ነው። :roll:

የትግላችን አንዱ ፍሬ የሆነው የምንኮራበት የሱንዴ እርዳታ እንኳን አጥተናል። ዋይ ዋይ ዋይ ዋይ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 28 May 2023, 22:25

The big issue for me, something I will never be able to understand is this:

The one million Tigrayans who perished in the war did not die in a day. It was in 3 waves of insane conflicts over a period of 2 years that 20% of Tigrayans died. The TPLF leaders must have known a good estimate of the growing figures. The questions is, how many of their youth were they willing to sacrifice? Did they have an idea? What was going through their minds when the number of dead reached say 500,000? That is, did the question ever arise that they were losing an inordinate number of their people?

It is easy now for Migbey to pontificate about the figures. That he and his colleagues did not consider the issue of human losses in their calculation, especially when they initiated the third round of fighting, speaks all the truth that for them the casualties were just numbers. They never bothered themselves about the scale of human suffering to the survivors. On the contrary, they participated in the massacres when they made it their policy to murder retreating youth.

The TPLF view of the value of life in war was succinctly exposed when Gebru Asrat said "Whatever it costs and however long it takes, the war will go on!" Debretsion, Migbey, Tsadqan et,al were simply following that maxim! Well it took a million lives!

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 28 May 2023, 22:29

sesame wrote:
28 May 2023, 22:25
The big issue for me, something I will never be able to understand is this:

The one million Tigrayans who perished in the war did not die in a day. It was in 3 waves of insane conflicts over a period of 2 years that 20% of Tigrayans died. The TPLF leaders must have known a good estimate of the growing figures. The questions is, how many of their youth were they willing to sacrifice? Did they have an idea? What was going through their minds when the number of dead reached say 500,000? That is, did the question ever arise that they were losing an inordinate number of their people?

It is easy now for Migbey to pontificate about the figures. That he and his colleagues did not consider the issue of human losses in their calculation, especially when they initiated the third round of fighting, speaks all the truth that for them the casualties were just numbers. They never bothered themselves about the scale of human suffering to the survivors. On the contrary, they participated in the massacres when they made it their policy to murder retreating youth.

The TPLF view of the value of life in war was succinctly exposed when Gebru Asrat said "Whatever it costs and however long it takes, the war will go on!" Debretsion, Migbey, Tsadqan et,al were simply following that maxim! Well it took a million lives! It has finally sunk in on Migbey that this is not just a number!