Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

We trained Nelson Mandela and offered him to SA, SA reciprocated by training Abiy Ahmed and offered him to Ethiopia

Post by DefendTheTruth » 27 May 2023, 15:13

Nelson Mandela went on and transformed the Republic of South Africa from Apartheid-System to a democratically constituted nation, the most developed nation in Africa by now.

South Africa then went on and reciprocated the offer by training Abiy Ahmed to transform Ethiopia to a modern nation that can ensure its security needs and modernize the national security apparatus of the great nation.

Here is the result of a transformed nation, which can protect itself against all sorts of adversaries using the modern information security mechanisms it build over years, which was founded by Dr. Abiy Ahmed himself, now bearing tangible results.

How could a nation be transformed?

A nation can only be transformed by working hands and thinking minds. To get these two important resources it takes time, you can't obtain them over night.

A country can't be transformed by loud mouths that can only talk and produce only talks, no matter how loud those mouths may bark.

Abiy Ahmed, a man who transformed Ethiopia from ground up.

TGAA
Member+

Re: We trained Nelson Mandela and offered him to SA, SA reciprocated by training Abiy Ahmed and offered him to Ethiopia

Post by TGAA » 27 May 2023, 15:50

Peacocks are known for their show offf. No substance, full of fluff.

quindibu

Re: We trained Nelson Mandela and offered him to SA, SA reciprocated by training Abiy Ahmed and offered him to Ethiopia

Post by quindibu » 27 May 2023, 15:51

DefendTheTruth wrote:
27 May 2023, 15:13
Nelson Mandela went on and transformed the Republic of South Africa from Apartheid-System to a democratically constituted nation, the most developed nation in Africa by now.

South Africa then went on and reciprocated the offer by training Abiy Ahmed to transform Ethiopia to a modern nation that can ensure its security needs and modernize the national security apparatus of the great nation.

Here is the result of a transformed nation, which can protect itself against all sorts of adversaries using the modern information security mechanisms it build over years, which was founded by Dr. Abiy Ahmed himself, now bearing tangible results.

A nation can only be transformed by working hands and thinking minds. To get these two important resources it takes time, you can't obtain them over night.

A country can't be transformed by loud mouths that can only talk and produce only talks, no matter how loud those mouths may bark.

I'm cognizant of the fact that you're a cadre....so probably some of the things you say here are beyond your paygrade.

You tend to abuse, for instance, the word democracy. Leaving aside the various definitions of the word, 'democratic' government doesn't necessarily mean a reflection of the common good or effective government. Africa is, of course, busy with 'procedural democracy', for example elections, while they can't even provide basic services, which is substantive democracy, to the majority of their people. Don't even get me started on the 'common good' . Suffice to say there will be no common good without first forging a common identity, or without a shared or common history. Nor can common future will be fostered or envisioned without common identity.

So in the context of South Africa, leaving aside the racial chasm that still exists, the reality in that country remains, as one writer once aptly put it, the minority whites gave back the house to the indigenous, but still holds on to the house's vault. And that is the reality of Africa in the larger picture as well. You can't have sovereignty, let alone democracy, while your country's purse is controlled by others. That is why your ad nauseam talk of democracy rings hollow in African context.

BTW, if you want to defend Abiy, stay away from issues that you have no basic grasp about.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 27 May 2023, 16:19

I hear you dude,
I don't have a grasp of democracy and shouldn't use the term, I have to get lectured from an Eritrean on the subject, an Eritrean who have neither of "procedural" nor of "substantive" democracy in his/her own country, but ready to lecture others about it. If you refute it, then come back and prove me wrong.

You injected yourself where you have not been called in, for what ever reason.
quindibu wrote:
27 May 2023, 15:51
DefendTheTruth wrote:

I'm cognizant of the fact that you're a cadre....so probably some of the things you say here are beyond your paygrade.

You tend to abuse, for instance, the word democracy. Leaving aside the various definitions of the word, 'democratic' government doesn't necessarily mean a reflection of the common good or effective government. Africa is, of course, busy with 'procedural democracy', for example elections, while they can't even provide basic services, which is substantive democracy, to the majority of their people. Don't even get me started on the 'common good' . Suffice to say there will be no common good without first forging a common identity, without shared or common history. Nor can common future will be fostered without common identity.

So in the context of South Africa, leaving aside the racial chasm that still exists, the reality in that country remains, as one writer once aptly put it, the minority whites gave back the house to the indigenous, but still holds on to the house's vault. And that is the reality of Africa in the larger picture as well. You can't have sovereignty while your country's purse is controlled by others let alone democracy. That is why your ad nauseam talk of democracy rings hollow in African context.

BTW, if you want to defend Abiy, stay away from issues that you have no basic grasp about.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 27 May 2023, 16:58

DefendTheTruth wrote:
27 May 2023, 16:19
I hear you dude,
I don't have a grasp of democracy and shouldn't use the term, I have to get lectured from an Eritrean on the subject, an Eritrean who have neither of "procedural" nor of "substantive" democracy in his/her own country, but ready to lecture others about it. If you refute it, then come back and prove me wrong.

You injected yourself where you have not been called in, for what ever reason.
quindibu wrote:
27 May 2023, 15:51
DefendTheTruth wrote:

You tend to abuse, for instance, the word democracy. Leaving aside the various definitions of the word, 'democratic' government doesn't necessarily mean a reflection of the common good or effective government. Africa is, of course, busy with 'procedural democracy', for example elections, while they can't even provide basic services, which is substantive democracy, to the majority of their people. Don't even get me started on the 'common good' . Suffice to say there will be no common good without first forging a common identity, without shared or common history. Nor can common future will be fostered without common identity.

So in the context of South Africa, leaving aside the racial chasm that still exists, the reality in that country remains, as one writer once aptly put it, the minority whites gave back the house to the indigenous, but still holds on to the house's vault. And that is the reality of Africa in the larger picture as well. You can't have sovereignty while your country's purse is controlled by others let alone democracy. That is why your ad nauseam talk of democracy rings hollow in African context.

I want you not to hear me, but to listen. :lol: :lol:

It's flattering to me that your standard bar is Eritrea, a nation which is created just yesterday.

But you don't also get it , do you? Eritrean leadership doesn't take orders from a US embassy intern, does it? You don't see Eritreans massacaring, in broad daylight, each other with machetes hiding behind their ethnic enclaves, religions, or yesteryear grievances, do you?

So own a country first, then come back and lecture us about your democracy!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 27 May 2023, 17:26

quindibu wrote:
27 May 2023, 16:58

I want you not to hear me, but to listen. :lol: :lol:

It's flattering to me that your standard bar is Eritrea, a nation which is created just yesterday.

But you don't also get it , do you? Eritrean leadership doesn't take orders from a US embassy intern, does it? You don't see Eritreans massacaring, in broad daylight, each other with machetes hiding behind their ethnic enclaves, religions, or yesteryear grievances, do you?

So own a country first, then come back and lecture us about your democracy!
Realizing that one couldn't deliver or achieve it, for what ever reason, is something, trying to project oneself as role model for others in what one doesen't have is a different thing.

You have been the one who claimed about two types of democracy and I shouldn't use the term, because I can't grasp it. I simply asked you back if you can elaborate which of the two you may have back home, which you should have answered.

To be taken as a standard requires to have it first, isn't it?

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 27 May 2023, 19:03

Nelson mandela became the president of S.A after 27 years in jail for his role as freedom fighter against apartheid. later he handed over his position peacefully and gracefully.

on the other hand ,Abiy spent 27 years serving the fascist TPLF and is perpetuating the same thing in different way.

I highly doubt SA trained an ethnocentric demagogue like Abiy. do you remember his ኦሮሞ ጠል speech?

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 27 May 2023, 20:03

DefendTheTruth wrote:

Dr Abiyot Ahmed Ali is doing his best to transform his country while facing enormous challenges. I hope one day Ethiopia to be as stable as Eritrea with its direct and ever-evolving participatory democracy.

With regard to South Africa I read somewhere that the name Umkhonto we Sizwe ( Spear of the Nation ) was modelled on " Tor serawit ".

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 28 May 2023, 06:32

Abe Abraham wrote:
27 May 2023, 20:03

With regard to South Africa I read somewhere that the name Umkhonto we Sizwe ( Spear of the Nation ) was modelled on " Tor serawit ".

That could be interesting, the connection between the two nations is on multitude of historical touch points. That country with many others in Africa consider Ethiopia the mother of their freedom.

BTW. did you take your time and watch the video I shared?

It depicts not a fiction but a documentary with scenes from the real life on the ground. This itself is a transformation by itself, which came about by working hands and thinking minds, the ultimate two important resources to achieve a change.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 08 Jun 2023, 16:58

DefendTheTruth wrote:

አልሸባብ መቼ ነዉ የምደክመዉ ግን?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/6/7 ... th-somalia
Ethiopia says it foiled al-Shabab attack near border with Somalia
Ethiopia says soldiers stopped attackers before they could ‘wreck havoc’ in the border town of Dollo.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 05 Sep 2023, 07:55

BRICS+ (which is the BRICS-11) has already taken off.