justo

Hollywood and Tina destroyed this genius

Post by justo » 25 May 2023, 16:46

The immutable Ike Turner

ethiopianunity
Member+

Re: Hollywood and Tina destroyed this genius

Post by ethiopianunity » 25 May 2023, 16:49

Blacks are the origins of Rock and music, once they make money they destroy them. Where would they have been if they existed? Hendrix, Marley, Prince etc,

justo

Post by justo » 25 May 2023, 16:50

Or at least tried to

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 25 May 2023, 18:35

I don't remember hearing about him until now. My first impression of his style in this video quickly brought back that of Elvis Presley.

Is it just me or they had similar styles of doing their hairs?

justo

Post by justo » 26 May 2023, 01:15

Naga Tuma wrote:
25 May 2023, 18:35
I don't remember hearing about him until now. My first impression of his style in this video quickly brought back that of Elvis Presley.

Ike is officially claimed to be the father of rock n' roll, his song rocket 88 is officially credited to be the 1st one in that genre, some 7 years before Elvis.

Elvis was an admirer of Ike. Because of segregation those day blacks and whites were not allowed in the same dance hall, so Elvis would hide behind the curtains to listen to Ike's band playing and see Ike's dance moves, Ike would smuggle him in. Both Ike and Elvis have said this.

He got Grammy for this

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 26 May 2023, 17:00

justo wrote:
26 May 2023, 01:15
Naga Tuma wrote:
25 May 2023, 18:35

Ike is officially claimed to be the father of rock n' roll, his song rocket 88 is officially credited to be the 1st one in that genre, some 7 years before Elvis.

Elvis was an admirer of Ike. Because of segregation those day blacks and whites were not allowed in the same dance hall, so Elvis would hide behind the curtains to listen to Ike's band playing and see Ike's dance moves, Ike would smuggle him in. Both Ike and Elvis have said this.

He got Grammy for this
justo,

Thank you. Now I know about this history. No wonder that the first impression that came to my mind in the video is that of Elvis Presley instead of Ike Turner.

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 26 May 2023, 18:53

• The great Chuck Berry !!!!!

-

ethiopianunity
Member+

Post by ethiopianunity » 26 May 2023, 20:04

I am beginning to notice, in order to down grade the accomplishment of African Americans who are dying of old age, covid or other causes, people like Justo quickly come and comment negatively about the dead why? Because, African Americans are dying in numbers today and in order to down grade their accomplishment, the bought group will comment on negatively on the dead by saying they have bad histroy, that they did this and that. For example, I have seen comments online, Tina is actually a man and not a woman. This is the plot to kill their fame, etc, Michael Jackson is forgotten already and every time someone talks about Michael Jackson, they quickly bring up how he mollusted kids, etc,