Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Guraghe Kilil Prospects and Challenges

Post by DefendTheTruth » 26 Mar 2023, 07:04

The following is a quote taken from an article published in the internet, it is basically about the comparison between decentralization and centralization management forms.
In centralisation, upper management, because of its experience, wisdom and broad outlook, is more mature in decision-making. Such decisions carry the chance of being least risky. In decentralisation, lower level managers, because of their less experience, wisdom and narrow outlook are less mature in decision-making.
The PM of Ethiopia indicated in the following video clip about the lack of efficiency in the case of those who opted to decentralize and then fallen in the trap of being unable to even pay the salaries of those in the civil services of their own newly sought kilils.

If Guraghe has got someone from an educated elite, then it should think twice and take a note here, before being trapped in the vicious cycle of holding itself back in the name of protests and so called boycotts.

It simply means instead of sharing the burdens with others take all to oneself and then suffer under the load one can hardly carry.

All the civil services that are being shared and paid by the whole of the Southern regions will going to fall on the shoulders of Guraghe-Kilil, if the later opted to form its own region, while the income side will never ever match the rise on the expense side.

Don't be foolish!
Last edited by DefendTheTruth on 26 Mar 2023, 07:10, edited 1 time in total.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: Guraghe Kilili Prospects and challenges

Post by DefendTheTruth » 26 Mar 2023, 07:09

Specifically on the point of cost the article says the following:
(iii) Lower/Higher Costs of Administration:
In a centralised set-up of the organisation, the cost of administration is lesser; because the enterprise can operate with a limited number of managers. This is a good advantage of centralisation, in the present-day-times characterised by highly inflationary conditions. In a decentralised set-up, the cost of administration is higher; because to operate the decentralised units, a large number of managers is necessitated.
https://www.yourarticlelibrary.com/orga ... n%2Dmaking.

Right

Re: Guraghe Kilil Prospects and Challenges

Post by Right » 26 Mar 2023, 08:31

You don’t understand politics. The consensus here is that you are not a bright guy. Briefly, I will put the consequences of the government actions in 2 categories for you. Focus on the topic you just scribbled. If you insult communities and try your usual distraction you will get it 10 fold. I will remain civil as long as you are.

Let me be clear, I hate the current constitution of Ethiopia. I believe it is primitive and divisive.

I presume you read the constitution.
-why Tigray is a killil and Gurage is not? Guarage undoubtedly fulfills all the criteria to be a killil like all other killils. Tell me briefly why.

Cath. 1
-Deliver: you must Grant Guarage the status of killil or else the 2nd category will follow. If you deliver Killil, then other ethnic groups will follow. Welayeta is next.

Cath. 2
-Revolution. If the government deny the killil status for Gurage, then the other choice is crackdown. If you touch the Guraghies, you will plant the seeds for a potential nation wide protest. The youth in Desie & Kombolcha, their blood is boiling on what transpired in Ethiopia. The criminals who destroyed their communities are treated like God, while they are suffering. If you touch them then the youth everywhere will rise.

Abiye is checkmated. He may buy sometime by delivering killil to Gurage.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 26 Mar 2023, 09:51

Your argument is off-topic, you idiot. First read the content of what you are trying to reply to.

You are comparing Tigray with Guraghe Kilil and thereby fear about what I am going to reply to you, while my message is completely about a different issue.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 26 Mar 2023, 10:32

Right,

If it is about comparing Guraghe and Tigre, then go ahead and play a toy with Guraghe too, like you did with Tigre.

Getachew Reda, the interim president of Tigray, said recently in a TV interview, wittingly or unwittingly, Tigray has been pushed back more than 40 to 50 years at the minimum.

Before 50 years the then generation of Tigray opted to start a guerilla warfare against the central government to gain independence or kilil-net for their region and thereby waged about 17 years of war in which it spent the lives of hundreds of thousands of the bright future of the region itself, the youth.

After 17 years Tigray became a Kilil of its own, started to rebuild its own region over a period of 27 years and then turned back 180 degree and once again spent the lives of perhaps a million youth, another round of the bright future of Tigray was spent one more time in another round of war.

And now you are wishing Guraghe the same fate, go ahead and play them around as your toy, that is none of my business, but I can tell you the outcome will not going to be any different from what we have already seen in the case of Tigray.

The message of the PM was unequivocal in this regard.

Right

Post by Right » 26 Mar 2023, 12:06

You don’t have to write all this garbage, the question is simple.

-why Tigray is a killil and Gurage is not? Guarage undoubtedly fulfills all the criteria to be a killil like all other killils. Tell me briefly why.

About Tigray going back to 50 years? Is that the reason you rewarded criminal Getachew Reda appointing him as a leader of Tigray? As usual your assessment is wrong.

Leadership needs knowledge and wisdom. This government has none. We witnessed this government fight a deadly war with a provincial rag tag army 3 times in 2 years. Prepare for another one.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 26 Mar 2023, 12:17

The answer was given in the short video clip I mentioned already and it says "if we grant them that right, then they will come back and complain that they can't afford to pay the salaries of their own civil servants".

In this case the demand will not have an end: today, it is give us kilil-net, tomorrow, it will be we can't afford to be kilil of our own.

Is that short enough?

Abere

Post by Abere » 26 Mar 2023, 13:10

So, are you advocating centralization?
DefendTheTruth wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 07:09
Specifically on the point of cost the article says the following:
(iii) Lower/Higher Costs of Administration:
In a centralised set-up of the organisation, the cost of administration is lesser; because the enterprise can operate with a limited number of managers. This is a good advantage of centralisation, in the present-day-times characterised by highly inflationary conditions. In a decentralised set-up, the cost of administration is higher; because to operate the decentralised units, a large number of managers is necessitated.
https://www.yourarticlelibrary.com/orga ... n%2Dmaking.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 26 Mar 2023, 13:57

Abere wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 13:10
I have no problem with centralization, as long as there is no domination, but never assume also in terms of one size fits all sorts of a solution. It has to be determined on case by case analysis and finding a fitting solution.

እንደ እገሌ እደንሳለሁ ማለት አንገት ያጣምማል፣ የምል አባባል አለ።

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 26 Mar 2023, 15:12

DTT,
አንተ ጤባ አሁን አራዳ ለመሆን እየዳዳህ ነውኮ! እንዳታብድ ተጠንቀቅ !!!

ጸረ ዱራጌነትክን ለጉራጌ ምን ደንደ ሚሻለው በመምከር ለመሸፈን የማትችለውን ሽወዳ ሚዳዳህ !! እርሳው ያንተ ጌታ ዉሸታም ዲክታተር አይደለም ጉራጌ አለም ያወቀው ዉሸታም ለ1 ሰዓት ዘላበደ ፋይዳ አያመጣም! የጉራጌን ክልል መሆን አለመሆን የሚወስነው የራሱ የጉራጌ ሕዝብ ትግል ነው !

በመሰረቱ ጉራጌ ከወዲሁ አሸንፏል ! (1) ጉራጌ አሁን የተደራጀ ሕዝብ ነው ! በቃ ጉራጌ ከዚህ በኋላ ኃልይ ነው! ጉራጌ ኃይል ስለሆነ ነው ያንተ ጌታ ዲክታተሩ አሽከሮቹን ሁሉ ሰብስቦ ወልቂጤ ሲከራተት የዋለው!!!

(2) የጉራጌ ጥያቄ ሁለተኛ ላይታፈን የመላ ሕዝባችን ትግል ሆኖዋል ! ስለ ጉራጌ ጉዳይ አቢይን እርሳውና ጎጎትን ደውል!

ዲክታተር አቢይ አህመድ የጉራጌን ብሄረተኝነት ስላዋለደ እናመሰኘግነዋለን !!! የቀረው በሙሉ ሴት ልጅ እናትዋን ምጥ አስተማረች ነው !

Abere

Post by Abere » 26 Mar 2023, 15:33

Domination of what sort? Do not you think too much bureaucracy is detrimental to efficiency given even the lowest level of constituency is with a substantial population density. I think grassroots participatory democratic institution is the way. Top to bottom approach with commensurating responsibility is makes sense.
DefendTheTruth wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 13:57
Abere wrote:
I have no problem with centralization, as long as there is no domination, but never assume also in terms of one size fits all sorts of a solution. It has to be determined on case by case analysis and finding a fitting solution.

Abere

Post by Abere » 26 Mar 2023, 15:37

CORRECTIONS
Abere wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 15:33
Domination of what sort? Do not you think too much bureaucracy is detrimental to efficiency given even the lowest level of constituency is with a substantial population density. I think grassroots participatory democratic institution is the way. Bottom to Approach is approach with commensurating responsibility is makes sense.
DefendTheTruth wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 13:57
Abere wrote: