Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Fiyameta

Re: Cooperation between Russia & Eritrea in the political, diplomatic, economic, cultural, military & technical fields!

Post by Fiyameta » 22 Mar 2023, 18:06

Three countries (Canada, Russia and Belarus) accounted for approximately 70% of the world's potash production. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

quindibu

Re: Cooperation between Russia & Eritrea in the political, diplomatic, economic, cultural, military & technical fields!

Post by quindibu » 22 Mar 2023, 18:43

Fiyameta wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 18:06
Three countries (Canada, Russia and Belarus) accounted for approximately 70% of the world's potash production. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I guess Eurochem had an agreement with Danakali (Colluli Potash) unless things changed now with the Chinese takeover.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 22 Mar 2023, 18:49

quindibu wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 18:43
Fiyameta wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 18:06

I guess Eurochem had an agreement with Danakali (Colluli Potash) unless things changed now with the Chinese takeover.

"....a take-or-pay agreement for the purchase of up to 100% of expected future Sulphate of Potash (SOP) output from the Colluli Potash Project in Eritrea, East Africa.

The contract is for a 10-year term with an option to extend for a further three years. It is the first such agreement by EuroChem in Africa."

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 23 Mar 2023, 03:07

The other 53 African countries should start thinking about joining BRICS to attain political and economic independence. There's an alternative for everything.

Meleket

Post by Meleket » 23 Mar 2023, 06:47

ጸዓት ግን የድየካ! :mrgreen:
Meleket wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 05:56
ኣዬ ራሻ ኣዬ 'ላቭሮቭዋ' ሞልቂም ደርሰው ነበር? :lol: ታድያ ምን ኣፈሩ? ወርቅ ኣገኙ ወይ? ተራ ካድሬዎቻችን እስኪ ኣጣርታችሁ ንገሩን። መላው ኤርትራ ውስጥ በደርግ ኃይል በኤርትራውያን ላይ የደረሰ ግፍ በሙሉ የራሾችም አሻራ እንዳለበት በሰፊው የኤርትራ ህዝብ ዘንድ በሰፊው ይታወቃል። :mrgreen:
Russia’s Ketina Mining to Focus on Gold and Base Metal Deposits in Eritrea
November 7, 2014

By TesfaNews,

RUSSIAN companies have picked up their activity levels in Eritrea in terms of mineral exploration. At the end of August last year, a subsidiary of Gazprombank (GPB) (RTS: GZPR), Ketina Mining, registered in Eritrea in order to study potential gold and copper mining projects.

The company later entered into a joint venture with Eritrean State mining company ENAMCO to become the first Russian-Eritrean Mining Share Company.

Ketina Mining Share Company holds an area of 1000 km2 exploration license in Gash Barka region, Molki sub region. The area is located South-West of Asmara.

https://tesfanews.net/ketina-mining-to- ... n-eritrea/
quindibu wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:28
Please wait, video is loading...
Russia interested in projects with Eritrea in mineral production sector — Lavrov
Business & EconomyMarch 22, 15:41

"Our Eritrean friends vowed to come up with suggestions on the areas of efforts’ application with potential mutual interests from the viewpoint of attracting Russian business," the top diplomat noted
SOCHI, March 22. /TASS/. Russia is interested in developing joint projects with Eritrea in the areas of transport infrastructure and mineral production, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told a press conference following the talks with his Eritrean counterpart Osman Saleh Mohammed on Wednesday.

Special attention was given to efforts to fully unlock the existing cooperation potential in the economic field, Lavrov said. "We are interested in developing joint promising projects in transport infrastructure, agriculture production, exploration and extraction of mineral resources. We outlined Russian companies’ particular interest in entering the Eritrean market," he said.

"Our Eritrean friends vowed to come up with suggestions on the areas of efforts’ application with potential mutual interests from the viewpoint of attracting Russian business," Russia’s top diplomat noted.

Moreover, the sides agreed to provide direct assistance to representatives of the two countries’ business circles in establishing direct contacts, he added.

https://tass.com/economy/1592971
በተለይ ኤርትራ የሃይል ኣቅርቦቷ 100-120 ሜጋ በመሆኑ፡ ማንኛውንም ዓይነት የልማት ስራ ለመከወን ደግሞ፡ የሃይል ኣቅርቦት መሰረታዊ ነገር በመሆኑ፡ ከተሃዳሲ የሃይል ምንጭ ከጸሓይና ከነፋስ 360 ሜጋ ለማድረግ የተያዘው "ማርሻል ብላን"፡ እንዲተገበር እንጠይቃለን። በግፈኞቹና በወራሪዎቹ በራሾች ኣማካኝነት ሳይሆን "ብጽፍርና" ለምን ቢባል "ራስን በራሻ ሳይሆን ራስን በራስ መቻል" ነውና መርሓ ጐዳናችን! ኣይደለም እንዴ? :mrgreen:

"ኣብ ጨባ ዘይተረኽበስ ኣብ ማይ ጨባ!" ማለት ግን ምን ማለት ነው? . . . በዚ በለ በቲ "ጸዓት ግን የድልየካ"!
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Meleket on 23 Mar 2023, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.

justo

Post by justo » 23 Mar 2023, 07:12

pushkin wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:38
This is unnecessary excessive risk taking. No decision that can put the future of a people at risk should be taken this lightly. It should be anchored on the needs and aspirations of the people, and not just on the ideology of a single leader. There is, undoubtedly, discrepancy between Isaias' vision and Eritrea's vision. Eritrea is much less interested in high-stakes global power politics than Isaias is. Most Eritreans don't even know what this conflict is about. Isaias can gamble and take "bold" decisions and send personal emissaries here and there, a nation of 3 million people can not gamble its future on a high-stake conflict (Russia vs. West) with uncertain outcome. Even if Russia was to come out victorious and become the sole super power, I don't see any reason why we should insert ourselves actively in such a conflict.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 23 Mar 2023, 07:27

The whole world is teetering on the edge & we're at the door to WW3, so actually it matters little in that sense.

As for Eritrea & the threats & bullying from the West, it would anyhow continue unabated even if Eritrea had taken the opposite course.

My 2 cents.

justo wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 07:12
pushkin wrote:
This is unnecessary excessive risk taking. No decision that can put the future of a people at risk should be taken this lightly. It should be anchored on the needs and aspirations of the people, and not just on the ideology of a single leader. There is, undoubtedly, discrepancy between Isaias' vision and Eritrea's vision. Eritrea is much less interested in high-stakes global power politics than Isaias is. Most Eritreans don't even know what this conflict is about. Isaias can gamble and take "bold" decisions and send personal emissaries here and there, a nation of 3 million people can not gamble its future on a high-stake conflict (Russia vs. West) with uncertain outcome. Even if Russia was to come out victorious and become the sole super power, I don't see any reason why we should insert ourselves actively in such a conflict.

justo

Post by justo » 23 Mar 2023, 08:03

Zmeselo wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 07:27
The whole world is teetering on the edge & we're at the door to WW3, so actually it matters little in that sense.

As for Eritrea & the threats & bullying from the West, it would anyhow continue unabated even if Eritrea had taken the opposite course.

My 2 cents.
I agree on both points, bro Zmeselo.

It's only that I want us to navigate the dangers of high-stakes power politics more cautiously, in a way that takes the aspirations of our people into account. At the very least, those who are making these decisions on our behalf should try to create broad consensus on the issue, and not just take us for granted.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 23 Mar 2023, 08:21

Hello brothers,

I am sure you are following the rapidly changing international realities. Just in the last few months, Iran and Saudi Arabia have decided to defy the USA and have resolved to solve their problems. This is a huge shift in power alliances and Saudi Arabia is the bed-rock of the Petro dollar that has allowed the US to finance its endless wars on the back of the world. China and Russia's decision to use the Yuan has basically started the death of the Petro dollar and with it the death of US hegemony. Meanwhile, the USA is mired in endless internal meaningless wrangling under the leadership of a man who doesn't know where he is most of the time. The USA is a decaying power and I doubt if it will not go the way of other empires within the next decade and vanish into the sunset. There is always the danger of miscalculation, but it is the fear of mutual destruction that keeps the insane inline and I don't expect WW3 to happen.

That is why I applaud Eritrea's bold steps to defy the decaying empire and chart an independent course. If Saudi Arabia can defy US in the way it is doing without the US doing anything about it, Eritrea can get away with whatever it decides.

justo wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 08:03
Zmeselo wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 07:27

My 2 cents.
I agree on both points, bro Zmeselo.

It's only that I want us to navigate the dangers of high-stakes power politics more cautiously, in a way that takes the aspirations of our people into account. At the very least, those who are making these decisions on our behalf should try to create broad consensus on the issue, and not just take us for granted.

justo

Post by justo » 23 Mar 2023, 08:48

sesame wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 08:21
Hello brothers,

I am sure you are following the rapidly changing international realities. Just in the last few months, Iran and Saudi Arabia have decided to defy the USA and have resolved to solve their problems. This is a huge shift in power alliances and Saudi Arabia is the bed-rock of the Petro dollar that has allowed the US to finance its endless wars on the back of the world. China and Russia's decision to use the Yuan has basically started the death of the Petro dollar and with it the death of US hegemony. Meanwhile, the USA is mired in endless internal meaningless wrangling under the leadership of a man who doesn't know where he is most of the time. The USA is a decaying power and I doubt if it will not go the way of other empires within the next decade and vanish into the sunset. There is always the danger of miscalculation, but it is the fear of mutual destruction that keeps the insane inline and I don't expect WW3 to happen.

That is why I applaud Eritrea's bold steps to defy the decaying empire and chart an independent course. If Saudi Arabia can defy US in the way it is doing without the US doing anything about it, Eritrea can get away with whatever it decides.

ኣፍካ 'ስዓር bro Sesame!

ZEMEN

Post by ZEMEN » 23 Mar 2023, 09:04

justo wrote:
pushkin wrote:
a nation of 3 million people can not gamble its future on a high-stake conflict (Russia vs. West) with uncertain outcome. Even if Russia was to come out victorious and become the sole super power, I don't see any reason why we should insert ourselves actively in such a conflict.
Think you failed to understand the strategic location of Eritrea. One way to understand it is, looking at the depth the US and the west went to save the TPLF and Tigryans. Do you think the US and the West cares about Tigray; NO! it was the fight about Eritrea. Now Eritrea won, Eritrea needs to move on. Eritrea can't just be paralyzed by fear or intimidation of the bully of the US and the West. Simply, time to move on and they are moving.

Meleket

Post by Meleket » 23 Mar 2023, 09:28

ZEMEN wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 09:04
justo wrote:
pushkin wrote:
a nation of 3 million people can not gamble its future on a high-stake conflict (Russia vs. West) with uncertain outcome. Even if Russia was to come out victorious and become the sole super power, I don't see any reason why we should insert ourselves actively in such a conflict.
Think you failed to understand the strategic location of Eritrea. One way to understand it is, looking at the depth the US and the west went to save the TPLF and Tigryans. Do you think the US and the West cares about Tigray; NO! it was the fight about Eritrea. Now Eritrea won, Eritrea needs to move on. Eritrea can't just be paralyzed by fear or intimidation of the bully of the US and the West. Simply, time to move on and they are moving.

በዚ በለ በቲ "ጸዓት ግን የድልየካ"!
:mrgreen:

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 23 Mar 2023, 11:00

justo wrote:
pushkin wrote:
In the eyes of the US, having any kind of relationship with an entity it termed an enemy is a sin. For god's sake, they even openly threaten nations for exercising their basic sovereign rights; for instance how they should vote on issues at the UN. Given Eritrea has been at the receiving end of this bullying for more than a half century, it would leave no room for a balanced approach in terms of its position in the prevailing US-Russian war.

Having said that though, I absolutely agree with you that our government should tone down, especially, the rhetoric that, I have noticed, has become a trend of our officials and diplomats these days. That has never been Shaebia's culture.......Accusing US for using its Trojans, like the Adwa thugs, against us is one thing. But inserting ourselves between the two giant nations, and upping the rhetoric is extremely callous, to say the least.

Jaegol

Post by Jaegol » 23 Mar 2023, 11:24

I love it deki ere debating on a valid point 👍👍👍

Weyane.is.dead
Member+

Post by Weyane.is.dead » 23 Mar 2023, 12:08

It's only Isaias's vision. It most Eritreans too. May be not you. Everyone I know is happy Eritrea is fostering special relationships with veto power wielding superpowers. We were bullied for almost 3 decades because of this. Your opinions are just your own. Don't try to pass them as everyone's.
justo wrote:
pushkin wrote:

justo

Post by justo » 23 Mar 2023, 12:40

Weyane.is.dead wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 12:08
It most Eritreans vision too. May be not you. Your opinions are just your own. Don't try to pass them as everyone's.
You're right, it is only my opinion. But let me tell how I came to the conclusion that it is shared by Eritreans

- Eritrea consists of people from the age 0-107. Zero just born today, 107 the oldest that we know of according to Hadas Eritra
- The majority are under the age of 15, and ideology, War of Civilizations, multi/unipolar world, Russia-USA conflict cannot be part of their vision
- People in the countryside, many of them may not know of the conflict, and the few who know have other things to worry about
- Eritrea also consists of future generations and the outcome of this conflict might affect the coming 2-3 generations
- And I can definitely tell you power politics is not part of their vision yet. So you have to be careful if you make decision that affect the life of future generations
- Moreover, generally speaking, ideology is a vision of leaders and cadres not of a people
- The vision we share with Isaias is of prosperous independent Eritrea
- The vision we share with Isaias is of a country that takes its independence seriously

Now tell me how you came to the conclusion that inserting ourselves to such an extent in such an ideology-driven high-stake conflict, where no party has a moral upper hand, is a vision that is shared by most Eritreans