Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Naga Tuma
Member+

Laudato Si', Catholic Christianity, and other religious establishments

Post by Naga Tuma » 01 Feb 2023, 19:16

Laudato Si' is an encyclical prepared by Pope Francis and released in June 2015 by The Vatican, the main seat of Catholic Christianity.

If I remember correctly, the encyclical alluded to things that humanity hadn't known about before then. A quick search today of news about it states that the encyclical takes a look at the current state of the planet from a semi-scientific perspective that also reflects a spiritual viewpoint.

So, here is one of the religious establishments, Catholic Christianity, that has a "semi-scientific" perspective of the state of our planet while reflecting at the same time a spiritual viewpoint.

In that sense, it stands out from the other religious establishments.

The question that follows, which has been in my mind for a while now and is the main theme of this post, is how it is that one religious establishment gets its own perspective about the state of our planet and the other religious establishments on the same planet haven't expressed something about it?

How is this possible? Does The Vatican have an exclusive knowledge about religion that other religious establishments don't have at all?

It has come to my attention by that pastor that Protestant Christianity doesn't have a single leader that parallels in religious authority to the Pope in Catholic Christianity. Does that mean it is so disenfranchised to even publish an authoritative document that parallels an encyclical of the Pope in Catholic Christianity?

A quick reading about Orthodox Christianity also suggests that it doesn't have a Patriarch who is above all Patriarchs even though one of them is implicitly considered an authoritative above the rest.