Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Deqi-Arawit

Re: I dare say, throw away the Ethnic Federalism, and here is a way everyone could be better off

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 01 Feb 2023, 00:07

Dark Energy wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 17:53
Guys and Gals,

This forum has been been stalling for a long time. No new ideas. Just idiotic cadres on all sides. BTW, can everyone in Ethiopia be better off without ethnic federalism arrangement. Yes. Otherwise, the country is better off going the Yugoslavian route. :lol: :lol: Disintegration is inevitable. However, if the Ethiopian people choose pure free of ethnic federalism, everyone would be better off. Here is why . Forget about the 900 years of Amhara domination. That is history. It is not coming back. Bigger Oromia has nothing to fear about that. Oromia is big. It is the most populous. It has nothing to fear. Amhara is the second populous region. The amharas have to admit the history of domination by few elites who do not represent the hardworking amhara majority that the amhara majority have suffered under the few ruling classes of the past just like everybody else. One can say the same thing for everyone. How about the Tigrayans. Ethnic federalism is not to their favor either. Ethnic crazy adventurers were about to annihilate the Tigrayan people out of the face of the earth. Tigrayans won't benefit from Ethnic federalism either. Throw away ethnic federalism, then the land dispute would not matter at all. I am Eritrean. Our enemies are dividing us along regional and religious lines to prolong their rule over us. It is not good. People under one nation have to learn to live as one family.
Hardliner! Gone with the wind.

You are not in touch with reality. As always, You prefer to live in Lala land instead of seeing the reality with a naked eye.

Woyane injected a poison to Ethiopia and Ethiopians and no antidote is going to cure this terminal diseases which is affecting the country. Not democracy, nor accountability. Like any other part of Africa, ethnic identity is very strong in Ethiopia and except the amhara and the Gurage, no one thinks in terms of a country or nation but all of them suffers from the feeling of victimization just like the Eritrean snowflakes. "Amhara fuxxcked me, amhara raped me, amhara touched my punane". Hence to create a strong nation from this kind of environment is a pie in the sky. The solution for Amhara is, to get together with people who share their vision and heartbeat and create a viable strong country. From the nobility experience, sharing a country with a bunch of moaners and cry babies is a big a curse and you will not move an inch. And the worst part of it, they dont have a vision but to cry, cry, cry.

Sharing a rag of cotton or geography doesn't make you a country or nation, it is the common psychological make up, common heartbeat, same fate and destiny which makes you a nation which has a future. Those ingredients doesn't exist in Ethiopia.

Even the rag of cotton which is supposed to gather them under one umbrella is under constant threat because it is considered as an amhara flag and not as an Ethiopias. Now, do your qentir arse think that the country has a future?
Please wait, video is loading...
Within 5-6 years, they might wage a war against Eritrea to find a common ground and common goal but Ethiopia is a country whose foundation is based on quicksand worse than even Kenya.

His supreme eminence
Deqi-Arawit.

Dark Energy

Re: I dare say, throw away the Ethnic Federalism, and here is a way everyone could be better off

Post by Dark Energy » 01 Feb 2023, 21:49

Deqi,

You are always wrong. The amharas believe that they have created the nation Ethiopia itself. Hence, they are not going to split. The Oromos believe they have been victimized hence no trust. The agames believe they are supposedly the creators of Ethiopia itself. The only form of government that can bring all these competing forces together is a legitimate democratic government based on one man one vote. Ethnicity should not be a factor on how the government is formed. Let the people vote. That kind of system will favor the Oromos and the amharas but Ethiopia's popular tribal composition is favorable. The Oromos can master only 35% of the vote by themselves. The Amharas some 25%, and the Tigrayans some 6%, etc....Hence coalition voting is the way out which means no one group would have a complete monopoly influencing the political system. BTW, the Eritrean people have been betrayed big time. All these shyyt would not have happened if a popular government was in place at the inception of impendence.