Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Dark Energy

I dare say, throw away the Ethnic Federalism, and here is a way everyone could be better off

Post by Dark Energy » 29 Jan 2023, 17:53

Guys and Gals,

This forum has been been stalling for a long time. No new ideas. Just idiotic cadres on all sides. BTW, can everyone in Ethiopia be better off without ethnic federalism arrangement. Yes. Otherwise, the country is better off going the Yugoslavian route. :lol: :lol: Disintegration is inevitable. However, if the Ethiopian people choose pure free of ethnic federalism, everyone would be better off. Here is why . Forget about the 900 years of Amhara domination. That is history. It is not coming back. Bigger Oromia has nothing to fear about that. Oromia is big. It is the most populous. It has nothing to fear. Amhara is the second populous region. The amharas have to admit the history of domination by few elites who do not represent the hardworking amhara majority that the amhara majority have suffered under the few ruling classes of the past just like everybody else. One can say the same thing for everyone. How about the Tigrayans. Ethnic federalism is not to their favor either. Ethnic crazy adventurers were about to annihilate the Tigrayan people out of the face of the earth. Tigrayans won't benefit from Ethnic federalism either. Throw away ethnic federalism, then the land dispute would not matter at all. I am Eritrean. Our enemies are dividing us along regional and religious lines to prolong their rule over us. It is not good. People under one nation have to learn to live as one family.

eritrea

Re: I dare say, throw away the Ethnic Federalism, and here is a way everyone could be better off

Post by eritrea » 29 Jan 2023, 19:45

Dark Energy wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 17:53
Guys and Gals,

This forum has been been stalling for a long time. No new ideas. Just idiotic cadres on all sides. BTW, can everyone in Ethiopia be better off without ethnic federalism arrangement. Yes. Otherwise, the country is better off going the Yugoslavian route. :lol: :lol: Disintegration is inevitable. However, if the Ethiopian people choose pure free of ethnic federalism, everyone would be better off. Here is why . Forget about the 900 years of Amhara domination. That is history. It is not coming back. Bigger Oromia has nothing to fear about that. Oromia is big. It is the most populous. It has nothing to fear. Amhara is the second populous region. The amharas have to admit the history of domination by few elites who do not represent the hardworking amhara majority that the amhara majority have suffered under the few ruling classes of the past just like everybody else. One can say the same thing for everyone. How about the Tigrayans. Ethnic federalism is not to their favor either. Ethnic crazy adventurers were about to annihilate the Tigrayan people out of the face of the earth. Tigrayans won't benefit from Ethnic federalism either. Throw away ethnic federalism, then the land dispute would not matter at all. I am Eritrean. Our enemies are dividing us along regional and religious lines to prolong their rule over us. It is not good. People under one nation have to learn to live as one family.
Dear Kerenite:

I could not agree more regarding the concept of ethnic federalism. It was and is a recipe for destruction. If one goes for that ideology: the preferable option should be total independence. A country within a country is out of the ordinary in every sense. A citizen of a country should have the same right and obligation in every part of that country.

Never the less, to accuse Amahara for what TPLF produced in that country is not fair. They are known for being Ethiopians not Amharas.

Dark Energy

Re: I dare say, throw away the Ethnic Federalism, and here is a way everyone could be better off

Post by Dark Energy » 29 Jan 2023, 20:33

You stupid coward, why do you call yoursef Eritrea ? :twisted: :lol: Not to disrespect brother Kerenait, you are the most coward, so called Eritrean I have ever witnessed. Asz hole. :lol: :lol: You know who your nightmare Dark Energy is :lol: :lol: :lol: BTW, do you have language problem. I did not blame the amharas in any way. What I wrote is, the Elite Amharas of the past do not represent the great Majority of the amhara population.

eritrea

Post by eritrea » 29 Jan 2023, 20:51

Dark Energy wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 20:33
You stupid coward, why do you call yoursef Eritrea ? :twisted: :lol: Not to disrespect brother Kerenait, you are the most coward, so called Eritrean I have ever witnessed. Asz hole. :lol: :lol: You know who your nightmare Dark Energy is :lol: :lol: :lol: BTW, do you have language problem. I did not blame the amharas in any way. What I wrote is, the Elite Amharas of the past do not represent the great Majority of the amhara population.

:lol: Why are you blabbering? :lol: Is it because I exposed you for being who you are that is kerenite. And who are you calling Coward? As if changing nicknames, or calling names make anyone brave. In that regard wish you Goodluck !!!!

Right

Post by Right » 30 Jan 2023, 00:16

No to ethnic federalism. Let Tigray take the lead and declare independence. Put your money where your mouth is and show us by declaring independence.

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 30 Jan 2023, 00:45

Idiot, you can't distinguish right from wrong.

I am not Tigrayan. Who are you to tell the rest of the Ethiopian people my way or the highway. You can't speak for Oromos, Amharas or anybody else, except your sorry behind. Ethnic federalism or not, the Ethiopian people have to resolve their difference through democratic apparatus. Otherwise, you will have to part way not only with Tigray but with every region as well. Else You can only declare independence, for your sorry behind. Even if you are amhara, which I doubt, you can't speak for the people of amhara either. Sh-iiit head. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ethiopia is not the sole property of amhara Tigray , Oromo etc..... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 30 Jan 2023, 13:58

eritrea wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 20:51
Dark Energy wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 20:33

:lol: Why are you blabbering? :lol: Is it because I exposed you for being who you are that is kerenite. And who are you calling Coward? As if changing nicknames, or calling names make anyone brave. In that regard wish you Goodluck !!!!
I wonder how to address you. If I put bro eritrea or sis eritrea or ato eritrea it doesn't make sense at all. NiQunfuz beyen tihaQfa koynu negeru.

Hey! What about correcting your nick? Have you thought about it?

Regarding the topic at hand you erred again this time. Some time ago, I hope your memory serves you right, you told us here that Kerenite is Saleh Gadi, the owner of Awate. Com. But later on when you found out the truth, you failed even to apologize to me.

Again you are repeating the same mistake now, you are telling us that brother dark energy is Kerenite, perhaps the brother is having a good laugh at your stupidity.

Man! This is hilarious. I have registered here 10 years ago and I have never ever applied any other nick other than Kerenite.

The webmaster has my IP address and he can prove me right.

Finally, I hope you got my drift mr. Columbo or should I address you mr. Sherlock holmes.

eritrea

Post by eritrea » 30 Jan 2023, 20:53

kerenite wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 13:58
I wonder how to address you. If I put bro eritrea or sis eritrea or ato eritrea it doesn't make sense at all. NiQunfuz beyen tihaQfa koynu negeru.

Hey! What about correcting your nick? Have you thought about it?

Regarding the topic at hand you erred again this time. Some time ago, I hope your memory serves you right, you told us here that Kerenite is Saleh Gadi, the owner of Awate. Com. But later on when you found out the truth, you failed even to apologize to me.

Again you are repeating the same mistake now, you are telling us that brother dark energy is Kerenite, perhaps the brother is having a good laugh at your stupidity.

Man! This is hilarious. I have registered here 10 years ago and I have never ever applied any other nick other than Kerenite.

The webmaster has my IP address and he can prove me right.

Finally, I hope you got my drift mr. Columbo or should I address you mr. Sherlock holmes.
Kerenite, Dark Energy or what ever you want to call yourself is your soveriegn right to choose and is actually a pointless subject to argue about. But can be a heavy burden to bear for all of you who opt to use such kind of methods God knows for what purpose.

There are certain phrases that specific individuals pop up that reveals who they are no matter what kind of skirt they wear.

For example, in the past only you, use to call those who oppose you “Wedi TorSerawit” and now you are also using it with your new nickname.

I also stand with my previous statement that there is high probability that you are Saleh Gadi. No doubt about that. IP address can be manipulated by anyone.

To the question why I call myself Eritrea and is proud of it, Well because it is who I am and are proud of who I am.

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 31 Jan 2023, 15:12

This coward dummy, who calls shamelessly, Eritrean is dummer than I thought. The Hardliner called people like him Wedi torserawit. :lol: :lol: :lol: So did Telomerase. Brother Kerenite is very gentle. That is not his personality. He is very diplomatic. A sharp shooter like yours truly :lol: says it the way he sees it. You are not Eritrean. You are a wimp. :lol: .

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 31 Jan 2023, 15:24

Dark Energy wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 17:53
Guys and Gals,

I think to have raised the same concern in line with what you said here before, divided we fall, united we stand strong. I also argued in this regard on the possible way towards achieving a viable unity and asked the commitment of the parties to the idea of trying to harmonize the way they govern their respective subjects. I don't think to have received any conclusive response on this point back then.

What is your take on that here?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 31 Jan 2023, 15:33

eritrea wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 19:45

Never the less, to accuse Amahara for what TPLF produced in that country is not fair. They are known for being Ethiopians not Amharas.
Well, not knowing enough about what drives you so much to meddle in the internal affairs of others, I do think that you need to update yourself on your knowledge of Ethiopia, which could be from pre-TPLF era.

Amhara has got its own liberation front, like anybody else in the country, unless you are tempted to omit the facts on the ground for some sort of expediency.

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 31 Jan 2023, 16:24

Defend,

I am Eritrean. Hence, I hope I am not interfering in the internal affairs of Ethiopia. However, as an outside observer, I see decentralized power without ethnic organization as better system for the future of Ethiopia. Ethnic affinity should not divide the nation. The history of Ethiopia is not totally beautiful to say the least. The Oromos, the majority of the Amhara populations and many others have been exploited and abused by the ruling elites of the past. The future should be brighter. Unfortunately, Africa has become the laughing stock of the world. Civility, fairness and harmony is not the strength of the black man. The way I see it, the amhara boogie man of the past is in the history books. The Oromos make up the majority of the population of Ethiopia. Hence, the Oromos do not need Ethnic government to guarantee their national interest. So do the rest of the Ethiopian people. Otherwise, the country will disintegrate just like the former Yugoslavian nation did.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 31 Jan 2023, 16:37

When was Ethiopia united then? Under the derg? No. Under haile Selassie? No.
Everyone proposing to get rid of "ethnic federalism" are saying that based on their interests, without taking the interests of other nations into consideration.
We Oromo want the system to stay and improve.
The same can be said for other nations hence why you don't see somalis sidama afar etc arguing against it.
It's primarily members of one ethnic group that's against it.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 31 Jan 2023, 16:56

Dark Energy wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 16:24
Defend,

I am Eritrean. Hence, I hope I am not interfering in the internal affairs of Ethiopia. However, as an outside observer, I see decentralized power without ethnic organization as better system for the future of Ethiopia. Ethnic affinity should not divide the nation. The history of Ethiopia is not totally beautiful to say the least. The Oromos, the majority of the Amhara populations and many others have been exploited and abused by the ruling elites of the past. The future should be brighter. Unfortunately, Africa has become the laughing stock of the world. Civility, fairness and harmony is not the strength of the black man. The way I see it, the amhara boogie man of the past is in the history books. The Oromos make up the majority of the population of Ethiopia. Hence, the Oromos do not need Ethnic government to guarantee their national interest. So do the rest of the Ethiopian people. Otherwise, the country will disintegrate just like the former Yugoslavian nation did.
I didn't question your eritreanness, it didn't matter to me in my comment if you are an Eritrean or somebody else for my comment. I just read what you wrote "Our enemies are dividing us along regional and religious lines to prolong their rule over us" and agreed with the validity of this assessment in my view.

My question was based on this premise and wanted to know what your next proposal could be to achieve the desired unity and escape the danger you mentioned.

I don't (I didn't) expect you to make an empty hope of a united people (at all levels) but you statement here "Unfortunately, Africa has become the laughing stock of the world. Civility, fairness and harmony is not the strength of the black man" suggests that you are making one. You have to choose the side!

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 31 Jan 2023, 17:05

Defend,

The only way out of this nightmare is something the Greeks proposed over two thousand years ago. Legitimate democratic rule that guarantees minority equal rights. One man one vote. This easy concept has not been kind to the black man in Africa. :lol: :lol: Ganging up along ethnic and religious lines should be outlawed. :lol:

Dark Energy

Defend,

The only way out of this nightmare is something the Greeks proposed over two thousand years ago. Legitimate democratic rule that guarantees minority equal rights. One man one vote. This easy concept has not been kind to the black man in Africa. :lol: :lol: Ganging up along ethnic and religious lines should be outlawed. :lol:

Dark Energy

Defend,

Zack

Post by Zack » 31 Jan 2023, 20:45

For the first time I agree with saddacca macca

Oromo Somalis afar benisnahgul southern people all want the ethnic federalism we Somalis we want even out full independence that is our end goal Oromo want federalism the same with the others it’s just Amhara want centralism with Amhara church rule.
And we cannot accept that so mr Eritrean can u leave this one alone we know what we want and what is good for our people indeed. We don’t want to be ruled by others last month an. Amhara police shot a Somali girl who was airport staff of JG jigs airport of the Somali region we don’t want any Amhara in our kilil. If we can’t get independence the next best thing is autonomy and the so called federalism based on ethnicity.

Dr Zackovich

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 31 Jan 2023, 22:45

Zack,

Amhara domination fear or phobia is dominating your reasoning skills. Federalism does not have to be based on Ethnicity. The Ethnicity factor is what is going to drive the dissolution of the country all together. Right now, the Oromos are more powerful yet the amhara elites of the past have gotten to some of their leaders head. I believe Abbiy is just about himself. He is a smiling baby faced psychopath. That is dangerous. You will have a pure federalist Ethiopia or Ethiopia will be no more. Think what could happen in the aftermath.

Zack

Post by Zack » 31 Jan 2023, 23:18

Well I wouldn’t really mind for Ethiopia to be divided into five different countries at least. The only problem is where will we draw the line between Amhara and Oromo and what to do with Addis Ababa since it’s shared currently. Also what to do with harar and diredhawe as both Oromo and Somalis lay claim on those districts . The Amhara are a problem because they have not given up on their previous politics combining the provinces Oromo and Amhara will also not work or combining oromo or afar and Somali because there is also land disputes here and there . And also who will be in charge if you unite oromo and and amhara regions under one administration who will be leading it is the question. As for abiye Ahmed he has his bad and good currently he is lost with the whole Tigray saga and he received allot of backclash from the white masters. We shall see indeed .

Dr Zackovich