Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

WHAT......IN......THE.....ACTUAL......F***!?

Post by Zmeselo » 25 Jan 2023, 20:03

RELIGION
Pope Francis says hómosexuality is not a crime in a new interview

January 25, 2023

SYLVIA POGGIOLI

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/25/11513883 ... osexuality

Pope Francis attends a Mass for the feast of the Epiphany earlier this month in Vatican City. Christopher Furlong/Getty Images

In his first interview since the death of former Pope Benedict XVI, https://www.npr.org/2022/12/31/89852425 ... t-xvi-dies Pope Francis spoke about his health, his critics and the future of the papacy.

He also criticized laws that criminalize [deleted] as unjust.

Pope Francis told the Associated Press https://apnews.com/article/pope-francis ... 6b9c8ce212 that, while Catholic teaching holds that [deleted] acts are a "sin," being [deleted] is not a "crime." He stressed the need to distinguish between the two, and said, for example, that lack of charity with one another is also a sin. He added that the Catholic Church should work to put an end to laws in some countries that criminalize [deleted].

Asked about his health, the 86-year-old said,
I'm in good health for my age. I'm normal.
A knee ailment has forced the pope to use a wheelchair in recent months.

Asked about the wave of criticism against him from conservative cardinals and bishops following Benedict's death, Francis acknowledged the knives are out, but he appeared unruffled.

He said it's unpleasant, but better than keeping it under wraps.

_________

Sinning, is supposed to be the highest crime. Crime, against God Almighty.

But, what do I know?

eritrea

Re: WHAT......IN......THE.....ACTUAL......F***!?

Post by eritrea » 25 Jan 2023, 20:39

Zmeselo wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 20:03

But, what do I know?

You are right. Sinning is the highest crimes in the eyes of God. The differens, sinning is a crime that will be jugded by God while Crime is earthly offence that will be judged by mankind.

Sinn = ሓይጣት
Crime = ገበን

According the instruction of God, specially in Christianity. We are not allowed to judge. We are allowed to inform and educate anyone with care and respect about the gospel (the record of Jesus' life and teaching in the first four books of the New Testament.) and old testament. But we will leave all judgment to God.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 25 Jan 2023, 21:22

eritrea wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 20:39
Zmeselo wrote:

But, what do I know?

You are right. Sinning is the highest crimes in the eyes of God. The differens, sinning is a crime that will be jugded by God while Crime is earthly offence that will be judged by mankind.

Sinn = ሓይጣት
Crime = ገበን

According the instruction of God, specially in Christianity. We are not allowed to judge. We are allowed to inform and educate anyone with care and respect about the gospel (the record of Jesus' life and teaching in the first four books of the New Testament.) and old testament. But we will leave all judgment to God.
Sin against ones nature too, I would add

Btw, isn't the pope supposed to represent God & his laws? And how many catholics understand the Gospels the way you do, as he's primarily speaking to them? I call this, subtle encouragement of the practice

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 25 Jan 2023, 22:25

Zmeselo wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 21:22
eritrea wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:

But, what do I know?

Sinn = ሓይጣት
Crime = ገበን

Btw, isn't the pope supposed to represent God & his laws? And how many catholics understand the Gospels the way you do, as he's primarily speaking to them? I call this, subtle encouragement of the practice
No wonder many Cardinals and priests are constantly accused of such behavior. How can the Pope say it is not ሓጥያት when many kids and parents are taking the pervert priests to court to face their devious actions? Last time I checked, one is not summoned to a court of law when he/she is innocent.
Last edited by Temt on 26 Jan 2023, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 25 Jan 2023, 22:25

Zmeselo wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 21:22
eritrea wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:

But, what do I know?

Sinn = ሓይጣት
Crime = ገበን

No wonder many Cardinals and priests are constantly accused of such behavior. How can the Pope say that it is not ሓጥያት when many kids and parents are taking the pervert priests to court to face their devious actions? Last time I checked one is not summoned to a court of law when he/she is innocent.