Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Dark Energy

Re: Some Ethiopians are- simply put- sick & never learn!

Post by Dark Energy » 20 Jan 2023, 20:40

Zmeselo,

You surprise me. What do you expect. Eritrea is just a temporary ally against an enemy they the amharas need to deal with. Strategic partners is what they are. I am sure, Isayas knows that. :lol: :lol: Such ceremony does not bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I expect it. The amhara kingdom lasted for 900 years. It was a very successful kingdom. Transition is very hard for its constituents. Misraq and Abaymado are good examples of that mentality. You are just a strategic ally. :lol: :lol: :lol: Unfortunately, Ethiopia is not tenable in its existing form to go back to that era. BTW, Atse Tewodros arguably may not have been a pure amhara descendant. His great grandson, here admitted that fact. He did have an agame blood. That does not matter anyway. Look of the make up of the British monarchy. They had blood from all over Europe, including Russia. Kings only marry kings. Ethiopian kingdom was no different.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jan 2023, 21:06

It's inarguable though, that he was betrayed by an Agame.

Every 4 year old Ethiopian, will tell you that. :lol: 😆🤣
Last edited by Zmeselo on 21 Jan 2023, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.

Zack

Post by Zack » 20 Jan 2023, 21:13

Menelik and Haile sellasie were pure Amhara Haile sellasie even more then menelik . Menelik had a mother from one of the Nilotic tribes hence the way he looked . Clearly Haile sellasie was a pure Amhara with some gurage blood that his father was a gallla is just fake reveniosim they add gudessa as his last name which isn’t true. Ras wolde Micheal and he was the first cousin of menelik the second. Teworrdos had nothing to do with the house of shewa they were basically two seperate kingdoms. Sahle sellasie was the lord of the shewans. It developed seperatly. By the way are u saying there isn’t an ethnic group called Amhara just because Amharic is the national language of the country. It doesn’t mean there are no Amhara people. There are Amhara people as a distinct people just because if they mix with other ethnic groups doesn’t mean they are not still Amhara. It’s like saying if a Tigrinya mixes with saho akele with saho does that mean that an akele isn’t a pure Tigrinya. That’s just nonsense . It doesn’t work like that dear lad .

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jan 2023, 22:02

Don't be stupid!
Woizero Yeshimebet Ali was the wife of Ras Makonnen and mother of Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia. She was the daughter of Dejazmatch Ali Gonshur, who was an Oromo from Jimma and a former trader from Gondar. Yeshimebet died during her son's infancy. Her mother and her sister Woizero Mammit helped care for her young son as he grew to adulthood. She had eight miscarriages before giving birth to Haile Selassie.
Jimma Abba Jifar, an Oromo monarchy: Ethiopia, 1830-1932 By Herbert S. Lewis, pg. 41

Zack wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 21:13
Menelik and Haile sellasie were pure Amhara Haile sellasie even more then menelik . Menelik had a mother from one of the Nilotic tribes hence the way he looked . Clearly Haile sellasie was a pure Amhara with some gurage blood that his father was a gallla is just fake reveniosim they add gudessa as his last name which isn’t true. Ras wolde Micheal and he was the first cousin of menelik the second. Teworrdos had nothing to do with the house of shewa they were basically two seperate kingdoms. Sahle sellasie was the lord of the shewans. It developed seperatly. By the way are u saying there isn’t an ethnic group called Amhara just because Amharic is the national language of the country. It doesn’t mean there are no Amhara people. There are Amhara people as a distinct people just because if they mix with other ethnic groups doesn’t mean they are not still Amhara. It’s like saying if a Tigrinya mixes with saho akele with saho does that mean that an akele isn’t a pure Tigrinya. That’s just nonsense . It doesn’t work like that dear lad .

ethiopianunity
Member+

Post by ethiopianunity » 20 Jan 2023, 22:23

Zack the foreigner,

You are the project of anti Ethiopia targeting Amara and trying to isolate the one you want to destroy that is why you are obsessed when ever there is a talk of peace, union Ethiopia with neighbors or Ethiopian ethnics Amara with Oromo, you quickly come in and give comment. You of course have mission to destroy Ethiopia so your Arab or certain nation take over our resources. I know ER hosts Ethiopia's enemies such as yourself.

The fools disucssing in this thread are the one who go along or entertaining the devil. shame on you all

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 20 Jan 2023, 23:01

Dark energy

Atse tewodros mother was from Sayint Bete Amhara (Wolloye) she was the daughter of a local Amhara christian lord..... His father Dajaj Kenfu was a Dembian Amhara.... Tewodros was born in Dembia but moved to Falasha Qwara with his parents at young age... during those times Atse Tewodros would have been a Christian Minority in Qwara cause in 1800s Qwara was 80℅ Jewish (zbete Israel)

The gondarine dynasty of Dembia originates from Shewa Amhara... Fasilades himself was born in Semien Shewa amhara and established Gondar as a capital while the other shewan dynasty stayed in north shewa up to Sahle Selassie...

So tewodros did have some shewan ancestry as well

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 20 Jan 2023, 23:34

Noble,

Thanks for the info. There was a journalist here who used the claim as the great grand son of Tewodros, he admitted that his great grand father had some blood from Tigray. I am not historian. But, the Tigrayan and Amhara monarchy may have intermarried just like other royal in Europe. The agames claim Yukuno Amlak. What do you say about that ? :lol: :lol: I also hear that yohaness the 4th had Gondere roots too. I just read that here as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 20 Jan 2023, 23:34

Noble,

Thanks for the info. There was a journalist here who used the claim as the great grand son of Tewodros, he admitted that his great grand father had some blood from Tigray. I am not historian. But, the Tigrayan and Amhara monarchy may have intermarried just like other royal in Europe. The agames claim Yukuno Amlak. What do you say about that ? :lol: :lol: I also hear that yohaness the 4th had Gondere roots too. I just read that here as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 20 Jan 2023, 23:46

brother Zemeslo shows maturity and that is commendable.

Taking amhara as a bogyman by many ethnics is due to the fear induced on them by their politicians. Amharas are very peaceful people and are capable of coexististing with anyone. So brothers and sisters, avoid the fear that we will one day wage war. We won't. We are at the age where while heatedly believe that creating economy, education and better society is far better than subduing others by force which is temporary if we see the history of humanity.

Brother Zack, keep it coming. By the way the fight amongst your Diaspora Tegaru is Raging like a wildfire. I suggest you pacify that or else Tigray will soon desend into a civil war between TPLF beneficiaries and those who did not receive a penny from TPLF loot.
Last edited by Misraq on 20 Jan 2023, 23:55, edited 2 times in total.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 20 Jan 2023, 23:53

Dark Energy

Like I said I just shared to you Atse Tewodros was not only Gondere but Wolloye and Shewan...

As such a royalty like to intermarry at times this is common.... in Amhara region dynasties began to form first in Zagwe (Lalibela) ;Bete Hemre then in Begmender (Bete Israel) and then in Bete Amhara in 1270

Yekuno Amlak was a descandant of Amharas and he also had Axumite ancestors so he was not Agame... he was Amhara+Axumite...

Yekono Amlak was also taught and educated and supported by Zagwe Saint Moa Iyasus.. who was from Dehana (Bete Hemra) .. in Lake Hayk (Ambassel) in todays Bete Amhara in becoming the emperor of Abysinnia...

Bete Amhara and Semien Shewa had large Ge'ez influence if we check manuscripts its hard to distinguish a Bete Amharan from Semien Shouan... to me it might have been the same province meaning Yekuno Amlak came from that area.....

the Zagwe dynasty was not overthrown rather it was held localized and did not have to pay any tributes to Solomonic Dynasty...as such Zagwe dynasty didnt end in 1270 rather it continued to rule its prinicipality of ( Lasta-Sekota-Abergele-Wolfa-Alage) and it was ended in 1870 when Atse Yohanes overthrew Wagshum Gobeze. as such the Wagshum dynasty was the continuation of Zagwe dynasty

the problem with Amharaphobes is that they fail to understand this because they are looking at Amhara history from the outer view and not the inside view

I have debunked many myths here

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 20 Jan 2023, 23:53

Axumite last emperor fled to Ambassel (Dil Noad) this is where Yekuno Amlak was also from and as such claimed to be a descandant of Axumite King that fled Tigray during Gudits invasion and raid on Axum

So the justification was there

Now when it comes to claiming Israel ancestry this practice was practiced in every dynasty in Amhara

Bete Israel claimed to be tribe of Dan from Israel
Zagwe claimed to be the tribe of Levi from Israel
Solomonids claimed to be the tribe of Judah from Israel

as such you can see many dynasties in Amhara that were Judeo-Christian had similar practice of claiming a unique Israelite tribe to enrich themselves with the success and future of Israel.... by claiming a tribe one can cause the future to change... and this is what happened

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 21 Jan 2023, 00:24

Noble,

Great history telling. I don't know much about the amhara dynasty. What I know is a little bit of Bete Amhara beginings in Wollo. What I really admire about the bete Amhara history is the assimilation of captives into the amhara community. To the contrary, the Western Africans enslaved each other. Sold one another over to the younder of the oceans. That practice produced the ignorant black man that we know today. I know Eritrean history. In Eritrea, we had the Bahre Negassi dynasty that lasted for over 600 years running that was distinct from Ethiopian history. Our history goes was back to the time when the 5 clan of Beja dynasties arrived from Egypt to Eritrea prior to the beginning of Axumite Empire. BTW, the Bejas are the only native residents known to have lived in Axum during the first three centuries of that dynasty. :lol: :lol:

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 21 Jan 2023, 00:34

"assimilation of captives into amhra community"

what the hell are you talking about?

Amhara and agew are like brother and sister there is not much difference...

the true assimilation would be like taking afar and somali and making them amhara.. not a fellow absinnian highlander

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 21 Jan 2023, 01:21

Dark Energy wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 00:24
Noble,

Great history telling. I don't know much about the amhara dynasty. What I know is a little bit of Bete Amhara beginings in Wollo. What I really admire about the bete Amhara history is the assimilation of captives into the amhara community. To the contrary, the Western Africans enslaved each other. Sold one another over to the younder of the oceans. That practice produced the ignorant black man that we know today. I know Eritrean history. In Eritrea, we had the Bahre Negassi dynasty that lasted for over 600 years running that was distinct from Ethiopian history. Our history goes was back to the time when the 5 clan of Beja dynasties arrived from Egypt to Eritrea prior to the beginning of Axumite Empire. BTW, the Bejas are the only native residents known to have lived in Axum during the first three centuries of that dynasty. :lol: :lol:

Brother Ancestory Shopper, a.k.a Democrat a.k.a the benuevelant dictator a.k.a the nicknames i forgot :lol: :lol:

how are you son? Zack and Hawdian will have a field day seeing your back. :lol: :lol:

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 21 Jan 2023, 01:27

Noble.
I am surprised that you are not familiar of the greatest achievement of Amhara history. I was not talking about Agew. The Amhara tribe is an assimilated tribes of many sub clans who lived around bete Amhara and everywhere in what is now known the Amhara lands. The original amharas were a bit light skinned. But during the course of history, they assimilated many different tribes throughout the century. They were very successful up until they found themselves outnumbered by the Oromos. The last two tribes that were due to be assimilated are the Guragiesvandvthe Tigrayan people who migrated from southern Ethiopia to the north. In Benshaqule Gumuz, you have a tribe that dances and dresses like Tigrayans. I forgot the name of that tribe. They don’t speak Tigrigna though. I will post a video later on.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 21 Jan 2023, 01:27

Hmm... :P

First of all physical features don't determine human behavior. Here you are talking exactly like general Aman Andom whom Mengistu Haile Mariam appointed to lead the Derg of those days essentially as a figure head and a senior gentle man. But general Aman did not like to be only figure head but did not dare to say that face to face to Mengistu. The general only kept sabotaging meetings and gatherings of the derg and complaining about Mengistu behind the scene. Mengistu phoned the general on several occasions and wanted to know why the general is not doing his job actively and as planned.

The general offered excuses after excuses and made Mengistu angry. Mengistu was said to be so patient and not willing to have open conflicts with such known and charismatic personality because it might even lead to the collapse of the revolution. So Mengistu send military mediators to negotiate and calm the general. At one point when the mediator general phoned general Amana and requested him to work with Mengistu smoothly and amicably, general Aman was said to have been laughing loud and asking the mediator as to with whom he is asked to work amicably. "With Mengistu Haile Mariam, our leader" the mediator answered.

"Ohh... you mean that lousy ordinary store keeper with such funny facial feature and his lousy clueless colleagues eager to be yours and my leader? Will never happen." Aman remarked. The mediating general was shocked about general Aman's behavior and went back to Mengistu, only informing him that the general is unwilling to do everything as demanded, with out going to the discussion details. At that point Mengistu himself called the general for face to face discussion which the general rejected. So, Mengistu has to call Derg meeting to discuss what to do about the problems of leadership.

During the meeting some of the Deg members proposed that the general should be left alone and given time in case may contemplate and change his mind. But then Mengistu, who have been wiretapping the discussions between general Aman and the Deg mediator's now proposed to play it for the Derg member's to hear for themselves. After listening to the conversation, Deg members were said to have been outraged at the arrogance and openly racist behavior of Andom and gave Mengistu free hand to order the immediate arrest of Aman which Mengistu and the Deg did and ended the story. I read the story from a book written by a Deg member.

Zmeselo wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 19:16
To be clear, I personally think and this is just my personal theory, I suspect the last pure Amara Emperor was Teodros in the line that started with Sahle Selassie. I'm willing & ready to be corrected, though.

Menelik, they say, was more Oromo than Amara; eventhough his crack-troops & those who gained from his conquests were obviously Amara.

Likewise, with Haileselassie.

Not only was he an Oromo on his mothers' side, but a Muslim too.

Menghistu, one need look at his facial features & it tells you everything you need to know. Besides, he was a military guy who adopted Marxism (that doesn't fit him at all :lol: ) for convenience because he suspected the US might overthrow him.

So, in my view, this "Amara supremacy" thing is a bit exaggerated partly because the country's official language has been Amarigna for a long time & because the Amara are the educated intellectuals of the country.

And for the umpteenth time, will you drop your "lecturer" pose & divisive attitude- fake dr.?

It's transparent, old & boring. 😴

Zack wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 04:36
Zmeselo wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 20:38
First off, I said some Ethiopians. The "Amara", "neftegna" thing stays with you. I can give you a list of Amara intellectuals who've well accepted Eritrean independence, some even long before its actuality- like the EPRP.

What angers me about pics like these is not the fact that some have those thoughts & wishes per se, but that it's proudly displayed in huge gatherings & the killil administration does nothing about it.

That should be corrected, ASAP.

Zack wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 20:20
Zmeselo I never understood why u trust Amhara to be any different then the agames. The neftengas never hide their true intentions to get or try to steal Eritrean territories with their fake misplaced maps . Agames are an open enemy to Eritrea but the neftengas are a hidden one and try to bite u when they sharpen their teeths I have spoken to allot of Amhara and the Eritrean independence status never really got through to them, that if Ethiopia and Eritrea are to have brotherly ties in the future it has to be one of mutual respect of each other and their distinct territories . The border is clear the Eritreans do not want land that belongs to Ethiopia even if Tigray was given for free to Eritrea I don’t think there is any value to it other then poverty.
It is now for Ethiopians to respect the wishes of their neighbours indeed.

Dr Zackovich

Zmeselo i know u want to keep the political correctness of the sitatution and u want to keep the clever by half as friends because of the whole agame situation.. But lets calla spade a spade.. Yes sure there are some amharas that are pro Eritrea and dont care for for the greater Ethiopia where Eritrea is part of it. But lets be hones there and lets be frank , we know the only Ethiopians that are obsessed with sea outlet and so on are the amharas , when we exclude the agames they to are in this situation but it isnt as if the people in the picture are gallas afars somalis or sidamas. they are amharas and thats the truth. apart from the agames who also subscribe to this ideology for different reasons The Amharas believe in this. Greater Ethiopia nonsense.

Dr Zackovich
Last edited by sun on 21 Jan 2023, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 21 Jan 2023, 01:27

Noble.
I am surprised that you are not familiar of the greatest achievement of Amhara history. I was not talking about Agew. The Amhara tribe is an assimilated tribes of many sub clans who lived around bete Amhara and everywhere in what is now known the Amhara lands. The original amharas were a bit light skinned. But during the course of history, they assimilated many different tribes throughout the century. They were very successful up until they found themselves outnumbered by the Oromos. The last two tribes that were due to be assimilated are the Guragiesvandvthe Tigrayan people who migrated from southern Ethiopia to the north. In Benshaqule Gumuz, you have a tribe that dances and dresses like Tigrayans. I forgot the name of that tribe. They don’t speak Tigrigna though. I will post a video later on.

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 21 Jan 2023, 01:34

Sun,

I am surprised about your character assasination of General Aman Andom . Please familiarize yourself the kind of man General Andom was. :roll:

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 21 Jan 2023, 01:36

Dark Energy wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 01:27
Noble.
This is true and fact. Bete Amhara was the nucleus and Amhara swelled to majority by adding more diverse people to where it is now. remnants of early and unmixed amhara are still visible in many areas. you can easily tell seeing their symetric delicate face and oily face with silky hair texture

Zack

Post by Zack » 21 Jan 2023, 09:29

Yes there were pure amharas who were very beautiful it’s an old sabean gene . How ever since the amharas mixed with gallas nilotes and Bantus they changed their appearances in time

Dr Zackovich