Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo

Can somebody find the interview where this guy says he doesn't like Eritrea and its culture

Post by justo » 09 Dec 2022, 21:46

He told us in one interview that when he was a kid, his grandmother, a sister of Tessema Asmerom, used to call him Fiseha'we'selam, which made him feel like a prophet. He is a great grand son of Tesemma Asmerom and thinks Eritrea should treat him as nobility, he has some kind of personality disorder.

He said in one interview, when talking about his school days in Asmara, "starting from when I was a kid, even way before high-school, I never liked Eritrea and its culture. I liked Tigray and Amhara and their culture, but Eritrea was too mundane for me".

It was an interview he gave to Tigray TV, where he also talks about Isaias and Haile Duru'e, but what stack in mind was what he said about Eritrea and its national character.

justo

Re: Can somebody find the interview where this guy says he doesn't like Eritrea and its culture

Post by justo » 10 Dec 2022, 05:11

justo wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 21:46
He told us in one interview that when he was a kid, his grandmother, a sister of Tessema Asmerom, used to call him Fiseha'we'selam, which made him feel like a prophet. He is a great grand son of Tesemma Asmerom and thinks Eritrea should treat him as nobility, he has some kind of personality disorder.

He said in one interview, when talking about his school days in Asmara, "starting from when I was a kid, even way before high-school, I never liked Eritrea and its culture. I liked Tigray and Amhara and their culture, but Eritrea was too mundane for me".

It was an interview he gave to Tigray TV, where he also talks about Isaias and Haile Duru'e, but what stack in mind was what he said about Eritrea and its national character.
What he didn't like about Eritrea when growing up in Asmara was the fact that Eritrea was an egalitarian and not a feudal society.
Traditionally in Eritrea, we have no disfranchised group of people, and there is thus very little room for somebody to be more equal than others. Every peasant collectively together with his peers owns a piece of land, and nobody has ever been able to take this away from him. There was no time in Eritrean history where the peasant was disenfranchised, dissociated from his land.

Not many peasants around the world can actually claim this! This is what makes Eritrea unique despite what its many loud-mouth detractors never tire of saying

union
Member+

Re: Can somebody find the interview where this guy says he doesn't like Eritrea and its culture

Post by union » 10 Dec 2022, 11:54

You didn't even own yourself :lol:

justo wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 05:11
justo wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 21:46

What he didn't like about Eritrea when growing up in Asmara was the fact that Eritrea was an egalitarian and not a feudal society.
Traditionally in Eritrea, we have no disfranchised group of people, and there is thus very little room for somebody to be more equal than others. Every peasant collectively together with his peers owns a piece of land, and nobody has ever been able to take this away from him. There was no time in Eritrean history where the peasant was disenfranchised, dissociated from his land.

Not many peasants around the world can actually claim this! This is what makes Eritrea unique despite what its many loud-mouth detractors never tire of saying

justo

Post by justo » 10 Dec 2022, 12:42

union wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 11:54
Italy occupied Eritrea from 1880 up to 1941, England från 1941 until 1951 and Hailesilasie and then Mengistu från 1962 to 1991.

Do you know any Amhara, Tigre, Brit or Italian who ever owned land in Eritrea, the few areas Italians owned at one time or the other were remote areas where nobody lived.

From the Turks, to the Italians to the Brits to the Ethiopians, the Eritrean peasant was never dispossessed of his land.

We don't have and never had landless Eritreans through out our history, we don't have and never had land owning Ethiopians or other foreigners in Eritrea throughout our history.

union
Member+

Post by union » 10 Dec 2022, 14:04

You dont know your own history. The Turks enslaved Eritreans1200 years ago. Then they passed it on to Egypt which egypt enslaved Eritreans for 100 year.

Italy, British and Ethiopia are your recent colonizers!

Since a bunch of extremist and low IQ blind hater Eritreans akale and some hamassiens like to say they were colonized by Ethiopia, there you have it, I dont want to take that away from you. So we enslaved you too.
justo wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 12:42
union wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 11:54
Italy occupied Eritrea from 1880 up to 1941, England från 1941 until 1951 and Hailesilasie and then Mengistu från 1962 to 1991.

Do you know any Amhara, Tigre, Brit or Italian who ever owned land in Eritrea, the few areas Italians owned at one time or the other were remote areas where nobody lived.

From the Turks, to the Italians to the Brits to the Ethiopians, the Eritrean peasant was never dispossessed of his land.

We don't have and never had landless Eritreans through out our history, we don't have and never had land owning Ethiopians or other foreigners in Eritrea throughout our history.