Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Naga Tuma
Member+

Native Americans have a message for us all immigrants

Post by Naga Tuma » 08 Dec 2022, 14:48

HIPPITY
HOPPITY
HOLLYWOODITTY

Respect our democratic confederacy or get off our continent.

No. I haven't heard them say that. I just imagined if it is something that they could say or the morality to say after reading very recently a brief story about the Iroquois Confederacy of Native Americans. I have been under the impression for a long time that America's democracy was an import from ancient Greece's Classical Civilization. How much each part contributed to the American experiment remains unclear to me.

Whether it is on the ships or planes, all of us immigrants hopped on one, willingly or forcefully, to arrive here in America.

I wonder now about the details of the Iroquois Confederacy, if it has any similarity with the decentralized Borana democracy, if there is any common knowledge about the ancient pyramids in Africa and the Aztec pyramids.

The lack of documentation about the contributions of Native Americans to American experiment must be part of the original American sin. The day that America elects a Native American as its leader through the democratic process that they contributed to establish is the day America will have started to address its original sin against them.