Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Selam/

SUN - I want to learn Oromiya’ s Anthem

Post by Selam/ » 08 Dec 2022, 09:45

Forty-eight of the fifty U.S. states have one or more state songs, but no one knows about their existence. Ethiopia will be the only country where students are required to sing regional anthems. Abiy recently said that this is the least Addis could offer to Oromiya since the residents area depending on Oromos water. In the same token, Tigray should require Addis to hang Woyanes flag on the city hall since most of the marble & granite facades come from Tigray’s quarry. Amhara should demand the same thing because the best bottled water come from Debre Berhan. We have to also ask Sudan & Egypt to play our national anthem everyday. Dry Nevada will also need to put California’s flag on the state house.

But since I am visiting Addis in January, I want to learn the so-called Oromiya national anthem & understand which flag belongs to OPDO, OLF, ONLF, Shenee…
Last edited by Selam/ on 08 Dec 2022, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

TesfaNews
Member+

Re: SUN - I want to learn Oromiya’ s Anthem

Post by TesfaNews » 08 Dec 2022, 10:01

In Oromia they sing both Ethiopia (Federal) and Oromia (Regional) Anthems as seen in this video from Ziway/Batu same with Somali and Afar. The culture of school children singing for nation is a new thing Ethiopians learned this from Europe in order to centralize the state during Selassies time. EPRDF gave each language group a kilil and anthem in hopes of centralizing Ethiopia from Addis Ababa rule . The real issue with Ethiopia is Misunderstanding and Arrogance. You are apart of that

Last edited by TesfaNews on 08 Dec 2022, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 08 Dec 2022, 14:02

“… school children singing for nation is a new thing Ethiopians learned this from Europe in order to centralize the state…”
Buddy, you are contradicting yourself by associating Europe with centralized government. As a matter of fact, no European country requires students to sing national anthem in the schools let alone regional anthem. This is only a North American patriotism crap. It’s redundant and a waste of time to have kids sing two anthems . What about spending that time on science & math & botany & anthropology of Oromia or other regions?
TesfaNews wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 10:01
In Oromia they sing both Ethiopia (Federal) and Oromia (Regional) Anthems as seen in this video from Ziway/Batu same with Somali and Afar. The culture of school children singing for nation is a new thing Ethiopians learned this from Europe in order to centralize the state during Selassies time. EPRDF gave each language group a kilil and anthem in hopes of centralizing Ethiopia from Addis Ababa rule . The real issue with Ethiopia is Misunderstanding and Arrogance. You are apart of that

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 08 Dec 2022, 14:55

The Zay (Lakie) ዛይ፣ ዝዋይ፣ ላቄ ጉራጌ people are one those Gurage ethnics on which Oromo genocide is being committed. Their language, culture and identity is almost dead just like Gafat. When I was a child, Guragegna was the working language in the city of Ziway - the city populated by Zay, Ulbareg, Azernet, Silte and Kistane Gurages. All these flag and anthem drama deals with assimilation and genocide of the Zay Gurage.

Here is the fact:
Zay (also Lak'i, Laqi) is an Afroasiatic language of the Semitic branch spoken in Ethiopia. It is one of the Gurage languages in the Ethiopian Semitic group. The Zay language has around 5,000 speakers known as the Zay, who inhabit Gelila and the other five islands and shores of Lake Zway in the southern part of the country.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zay_language

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 08 Dec 2022, 15:10

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 08 Dec 2022, 15:45

The extinct people of Gafat (Btw, Mugher and Gugher are ethnic names before assimilation into Oromo. They were closely related groups to Gafat. Additionally, Sebeta is a Gurage naming litrally translated into=People ((Seb) took/stole it and the word Sendafa is a Werji or Argoba word which means sword carrier (bale Sanja, Bale Senda).)

It is very likely that before the Oromo invasions Gurage and Gafat constituted one continuous area (cf. Haberland, 1960). The survival of Galila, an offshoot of Soddo near Ambo in the middle of Oromo area, also confirms this.

TesfaNews
Member+

Post by TesfaNews » 08 Dec 2022, 16:43

ቱሉ ደብረ ማለት ነው።

Tulu Adam mean Debre Adam and these are Zay Christian Guraghe Habesha Children
Horus wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 14:55
The Zay (Lakie) ዛይ፣ ዝዋይ፣ ላቄ ጉራጌ people are one those Gurage ethnics on which Oromo genocide is being committed. Their language, culture and identity is almost dead just like Gafat. When I was a child, Guragegna was the working language in the city of Ziway - the city populated by Zay, Ulbareg, Azernet, Silte and Kistane Gurages. All these flag and anthem drama deals with assimilation and genocide of the Zay Gurage.

Here is the fact:
Zay (also Lak'i, Laqi) is an Afroasiatic language of the Semitic branch spoken in Ethiopia. It is one of the Gurage languages in the Ethiopian Semitic group. The Zay language has around 5,000 speakers known as the Zay, who inhabit Gelila and the other five islands and shores of Lake Zway in the southern part of the country.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zay_language

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 08 Dec 2022, 16:50

Sister Selam, ONLF isn't an Oromo party, it's a Somali party. OLF is the political wing, OLA is the military wing, and Shane is just a name that most of our enemies use to refer to it. Shane is derived from the Oromo word for the number 5- Shan.
Shan also has significance in the Oromo system of Gadaa.
Shan Oda, Shan Gadaa, Shan Horte, Shan Bokku.

# Odaa shanan(5)
1. Odaa Nabee - G/Shawaa bahaa
2. Odaa Bisil - G/Shawaa lixaa
3. Odaa Bulluq - G/Horroo Guduruu
4. Odaa Roobaa - G/Baalee
5. Odaa Bultum - G/Harargee lixaa
# Gadaa oromoo shanan(5)
1. Birmajii
2. Duuloo
3. Michilee
4. Melba
5. Roobalee
# Damee oromoo shanan(5)
1. Maccaa fi Tuulama
2. Ituu fi Humbana
3. Raayya fi Asabo
4. Sabboo fi Goona
5. Sikkoo fi Mandoo
# Bokkuu Shanan
1. Bokkuu Kallachaa
2. Bokkuu Dikaa
3. Bokkuu Biifaa
4. Bokkuu Roobaa
5. Bokkuu Horaa

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 08 Dec 2022, 17:53

Thank you for clarifying. Too many ethnic groups and militias to even keep track of.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 16:50
Sister Selam, ONLF isn't an Oromo party, it's a Somali party. OLF is the political wing, OLA is the military wing, and Shane is just a name that most of our enemies use to refer to it. Shane is derived from the Oromo word for the number 5- Shan.

# Odaa shanan(5)
# Gadaa oromoo shanan(5)
1. Birmajii
2. Duuloo
3. Michilee
4. Melba
5. Roobalee
# Damee oromoo shanan(5)
1. Maccaa fi Tuulama
2. Ituu fi Humbana
3. Raayya fi Asabo
4. Sabboo fi Goona
5. Sikkoo fi Mandoo
# Bokkuu Shanan
1. Bokkuu Kallachaa
2. Bokkuu Dikaa
3. Bokkuu Biifaa
4. Bokkuu Roobaa
5. Bokkuu Horaa

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 08 Dec 2022, 18:13

jimman

What do you mean "enemies" it was abiy ahmed and his oromo elites that coined the word Shene to cover up the terrorist group "Oneg" which is 80% Welegan. They told the whole nation "Shene" is your enemy and your genocider without admitting that they were the ones behind the group getting access to weapons only to murder and displace innocent.

So when these crimes come back to wolega the wolega should say "we reaped what we sowed, we made the bomb and when it exploded we thought it would not reach us"

Welegans are the owners of this terrorist group because welegans in 2018 decided that violence against civilians is allowed. The majority of this terrorist group dress up as ENDF uniform meaning Abi and Shimiles are the true financer and armers of this terrorist group

Thanks to this terrorist group economic activity in western Oromia will continue to decline and all tribes will despise Oromos for allowing such terrorism abducting theifs child killing to get away with. This will enhance isolation
Sadacha Macca wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 16:50

# Odaa shanan(5)
# Gadaa oromoo shanan(5)
1. Birmajii
2. Duuloo
3. Michilee
4. Melba
5. Roobalee
# Damee oromoo shanan(5)
1. Maccaa fi Tuulama
2. Ituu fi Humbana
3. Raayya fi Asabo
4. Sabboo fi Goona
5. Sikkoo fi Mandoo
# Bokkuu Shanan
1. Bokkuu Kallachaa
2. Bokkuu Dikaa
3. Bokkuu Biifaa
4. Bokkuu Roobaa
5. Bokkuu Horaa

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 08 Dec 2022, 19:05

Mugger, Sebera, Sendafa….
Very educational indeed!

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 15:45
The extinct people of Gafat (Btw, Mugher and Gugher are ethnic names before assimilation into Oromo. They were closely related groups to Gafat. Additionally, Sebeta is a Gurage naming litrally translated into=People ((Seb) took/stole it and the word Sendafa is a Werji or Argoba word which means sword carrier (bale Sanja, Bale Senda).)

It is very likely that before the Oromo invasions Gurage and Gafat constituted one continuous area (cf. Haberland, 1960). The survival of Galila, an offshoot of Soddo near Ambo in the middle of Oromo area, also confirms this.