Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Naga Tuma
Member+

It is not Georgia, Scott Jennings, it is what you said correctly out of your Kool-Aid that broke your Communist Party

Post by Naga Tuma » 07 Dec 2022, 18:25

Last evening, I had the chance to hear Scott Jennings, a clever Republican strategist, say the following during a discussion on CNN about the latest election result in Georgia.

"One thing that I learned about this entire election, people with personal brands apart from somebody else, did well in both parties... there is something about being able to define and own who you are, the people are responding to, they don't want you to be a wholly owned subsidiary of some other person or thing. They just want you to be who you are."

I stand corrected if I misheard what he said.

Having heard this view, I had to ask at a moment's notice since when this wasn't the case in politics. I am not a student of political science. My intuitive understanding about it has been that this has been the case since the time of Plato's polity in ancient Greece to that of the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s content of character preaching more than half a century ago here in America, and beyond in both space and time. In other words, isn't the essence of polity or content of character about what Scott Jennings had to say last night?

Even more important is what he had to say unwittingly. People who have had the chance for democratic expression by exercising their voting rights have been responsive. People where responsive when they elected President Obama after he defined himself and owned who he is. Independents have been responsive when they moved away from either party and started to vote for the content of character as they saw it.

As a mere individual observer, I looked forward to a meritocratic debate between President Obama and then candidate Newt Gingrich back in 2012. Mitt Romney beat the candidate in Iowa using the fortune of his coffers as an attack machine on democracy. I remember David Gergen calling Newt Gingrich a wounded lion after he lost in Iowa following Mitt Romney's attacks against him. I have been hearing in the news lately that Newt Gingrich is preaching that democracy wins on its own terms, not on the terms that the American Conservative Community wants to win.

I also looked forward to merit in Donald Trump's speech for candidacy back in 2015. He turned me off in the middle of his speech and I remember how I turned away from the TV that I was watching as he spoke.

A critical mind should wonder now if anything has changed about defining and owning who Donald Trump has been between June 2015 when he announced his candidacy for President of the US and December 2022 when Scott Jennings had to publicly announce that Georgia broke Trump. I haven't seen a substantive change in the content of character of Donald Trump as a person.

If that is the case, and I don't know if Scott Jennings could or would argue otherwise, it must be the Kool-Aid of America's Communist Party that made him not say for long what he had to say last night. No, I am not talking about the former USSR's or China ideology of communism here. I haven't studied about their ideologies. I am talking about the community of talkers in America that evidently cater to a particular sectarian community. Scott Jennings can take a single day of observational visit to George Orwell's Animal Farm in America and be the judge himself if such a party doesn't exist in America. In George Orwell's lexicon, at this Animal Farm in practice in America, corruption means average.

I do not know if this communist party of America and the conservative community of America have something in common. Neither do I know if the Conservator ship that Brittney Spears jumped off after calling out its cruelty and the conservative community of America have something in common except noticing that both use the same word in their names.

In the event that such are symptoms of the same problem that has afflicted America for long, Scott Jennings has dropped on them an unwitting, but natural, political bombshell. That is simply what he said without having to say it explicitly. If people respond to anyone defining oneself and owning who one is, what is the likelihood that Scott Jennings will find in the pool of the losing voters people who can define themselves and own who they are. In my perfunctory observation, it is more likely to find those kind of people in the pool of winning voters than losing voters. In my mind, his political bombshell on his Communist Party is that simple.

I have met various Americans and have had incidental conversations with them. The level of ignorance of some about defining and owning who they are is unfathomable. Some appear to suggest that saying one is an American and a conservative in and of itself sufficiently define qualifying attributes. When they are asked to talk about the devil in the details of these attributes is when they make you speechless or are left speechless themselves.

It is not hard to tell this when one hasn't had a Kool-Aid or wakes up out of it.