Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

The Icons

Post by DefendTheTruth » 03 Dec 2022, 15:33

Ethiopian is a national icon and to achieve that status there has been a great sum of effort exerted towards its progress.

Efforts are exerted by individuals and their collective sums. As such the management and the lower staffs of this institution have contributed a great lot.

Not only the management and other staff of Ethiopian but also the customers who have been served all along and reciprocated their loyalty to it are the major exerters of efforts towards its success.

Some faces specially represent the Ethiopian success story and symbolize it on the ground. The face in the following video is one such a face. Thank you very much Sir for your contribution towards the success of our national icon.

I as customer flew gladly Ethiopian and will keep flying it for the rest of my life, as far as I can afford to fly.

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: The Icons

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 03 Dec 2022, 16:16

DTT thanks for posting it. Girma is one of the best Ethiopian I have a high regard to . His last few sentences made me to tear up.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 04 Dec 2022, 02:46

አሸም። እሾ። አሹ። አቶ ብያን ሃዱርስቱ። ኢትቶጵያ ትቅደም።

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 07 Dec 2022, 20:55

ለመጀመርያ ጊዜ አስተዉሎ ኢትዮጵያ ትቅደም ያለ ወይም ያለች ሰዉ ማን እና መቼ እንደሆነ በዉል ይታወቃል? ደርግ መላልሶ ሲጠቀም እንደነበረ ኣስታዉሳለሁ። አስተዉሎ መፈክሩን ለመጀመርያ ጊዜ የተናገረዉ ሰዉ የሚታወቅ ከሆነ የደርግ ወይስ የመኢሶን ወይስ የኢሕኣፓ ወይስ የሌላ ድርጅት ደጋፊ ነበር?

በዚህን ጊዜ ኣሜሪካ ዉስጥ ካንትሪ ቢፎር ፓርቲ የሚሉትን ስሰማ ኢትዮፕያ ትቅደም ያለዉን ኣስተዋይ ኣስታዉሳለሁ።

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 07 Dec 2022, 21:29

ጥሩ ጥያቄ ነው። መፈክሩ የ ደርግ መሆኑን አውቃለሁ። እንደዘፈንም ቃጥቶታል መፈክሩ። ግን ማን መጀመሪያ የአገሪቱን መቅደም እንዳለመ መጠቆም አልችልም። ጥርጣሬየ ያ የፍየል ወጠጤ ዘጠኝ ትወልዳለች ልጆቾም ያልቃሉ እሷም ትሞታለች እያለ የደርግን የሞት መርዶ በስነፅሁፍ ውበት የሰጠው ሰውየ ነው የሚል ግምት አለኝ። በነገራችን ላይ ያ መርዶ ነጋሪ የት ደረሰ ?

sarcasm

Post by sarcasm » 07 Dec 2022, 22:11

Naga Tuma wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 20:55
ለመጀመርያ ጊዜ አስተዉሎ ኢትዮጵያ ትቅደም ያለ ወይም ያለች ሰዉ ማን እና መቼ እንደሆነ በዉል ይታወቃል? ደርግ መላልሶ ሲጠቀም እንደነበረ ኣስታዉሳለሁ። አስተዉሎ መፈክሩን ለመጀመርያ ጊዜ የተናገረዉ ሰዉ የሚታወቅ ከሆነ የደርግ ወይስ የመኢሶን ወይስ የኢሕኣፓ ወይስ የሌላ ድርጅት ደጋፊ ነበር?

I read in PM Fikresselassie's book that ኢትዮጵያ ትቅደም predates Derg. It used to be slogan written on the front page of Pawlos GnoGno's newspaper. It was there for years before Derg. They took it from the newspaper. I don't know if the student protesters before Durg used it as we. I know they used to say መሬት ላራሹ before Derg.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 07 Dec 2022, 22:18

Eden you might be right ; it sounds reasonable .

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 07 Dec 2022, 23:51

sarcasm wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 22:11
Naga Tuma wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 20:55

I read in PM Fikresselassie's book that ኢትዮጵያ ትቅደም predates Derg. It used to be slogan written on the front page of Pawlos GnoGno's newspaper. It was there for years before Derg. They took it from the newspaper. I don't know if the student protesters before Durg used it as we. I know they used to say መሬት ላራሹ before Derg.
Thank you and Sam for the info. I had that hunch when the question came to mind. I also had the same question about መሬት ላራሹ። I wish personal journals become more popular in Ethiopia. They can be the primary source of these kinds of useful information.