Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Sadacha Macca

Abiys policy makers planning to target the Oromo language, nationalism, etc.

Post by Sadacha Macca » 01 Dec 2022, 00:32

Please wait, video is loading...
OPDO has always depended on external sources, or non Oromo, to maintain power. Same today, it simply switched from TPLF to those who espouse the Amara elitist assimilative policies. They haven't build a road in their own region yet wanna decide on Oromo affairs, language, etc. Ha! Let's see what that gets them. They must want to push more and more Oromo to join OLA?

Abe Abraham

Re: Abiys policy makers planning to target the Oromo language, nationalism, etc.

Post by Abe Abraham » 01 Dec 2022, 00:51

When I see people writing ዓማርኛ instead of ኣማርኛ and ha hu instead of he hu and turning the rich Amharic language into the language of ቧ ሯ ቷ I realise the urgent need for spelling reform.

le lu li la lé l lo
he hu hi ha hé h ho
me mu mi ma mé m mo

Everything will be alright once common sense is applied.

Noble Amhara

Re: Abiys policy makers planning to target the Oromo language, nationalism, etc.

Post by Noble Amhara » 01 Dec 2022, 01:21

Without Jimma there is no Opdo so stop blamin amara it is your own Jimma control freaks who made bilisigna

All you wanna do is claim amara is oppressing you but you are hiding the fact that 90% of Jimma people are supporter of Abiy and many of his soldiers are Jimmans Tiktok is for you to see.

You are behind amara genocide too. You hide oromos that built PP like Lencho Bati, Aba Dula, Shimeles Abdisa, Takele Ummar, Berhanu Jula and want to blame amhara for everything even Andargachew Tsige is Oromo and as always you are only a expert at killing children and mothers. Hiding behind politics to do satanic acts.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 01 Dec 2022, 02:27

Sedecha , Sedecha ! can you start your writing by being reasonable? Attack what is the weakness of their presentation? Does one have to be an Oromo to be reasonable and present a sound argument about what is the best way to make the two widely spoken languages accommodate each other so that both prosper? After all, langue supposes to be accommodative just like roads, not a wall to separate them. Put aside your ego for a min and point out where the weakness of their presentation is. Gezz had been used for years before the political expedience made it foreign to Oromos. The first Oromo መጽሀፈ ቁልቁላ was written by an Oromo translator using Gezz the first newspaper Barissa newspaper was written in Gezz . So you can compare and contrast why one is better than the other one. Since the advantages of why Gezz is better than using Latin explained no need to hush it again here. Present an intellectual argument and convince us instead of because they don't have a road they can not tell us what to do chest tamping.

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 01 Dec 2022, 04:30

" They haven't build a road in their own region yet wanna decide on Oromo affairs, language, etc"
sadaacha macca.

came across the above statement several times and always made by woyanes.

stop pretending,anyone can tell from your lopsided reasoning ,you are not oromo.

BigBreak

Post by BigBreak » 01 Dec 2022, 05:25

Ethiopia should follow Kenya example of separating ethnicity and state. Copy the language policy of Kenya and let's abolish ethnic federalism

Right

Post by Right » 01 Dec 2022, 08:18

Sadicha,
Are you in favour of Latin Alphabet for writing in Oromogna? Please clarify.
Abiye is an Oromo nationalist and he may have just figured out what others do a long time ago. Latin alphabets are killing the Oromo language.
You just can’t inherit other countries alphabets and hope it will work. Those who do this don’t understand languages and how it was created.

Here is another clue for you. Zimbabwe a Western Africa country has a history of hostilities with its colonizers. Its fucked up economic policies created a higher inflation. They just couldn’t control it. And they came up with a new solution and that was using a USD, shaped by US economic policy. If you don’t know, the USD is a world reserve currency. Created from thin air by printing. Are you in favour of it?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 01 Dec 2022, 08:20

Noble Amhara wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 01:21
Without Jimma there is no Opdo so stop blamin amara it is your own Jimma control freaks who made bilisigna

All you wanna do is claim amara is oppressing you but you are hiding the fact that 90% of Jimma people are supporter of Abiy and many of his soldiers are Jimmans Tiktok is for you to see.

You are behind amara genocide too. You hide oromos that built PP like Lencho Bati, Aba Dula, Shimeles Abdisa, Takele Ummar, Berhanu Jula and want to blame amhara for everything even Andargachew Tsige is Oromo and as always you are only a expert at killing children and mothers. Hiding behind politics to do satanic acts.
Is OPFist from Jimma?

He/she alaways bragged about bringing (developing) Qube ቁቤ .

It is not about changing something, we were told by none other than one of the founders of OLF itsel, by the name of Dima Nagawo. He wordly said "it was not to liberate Oromo, but to use it as a bargaining chip for power". Don't tell me that you didn't hear this.

Why is OPFist not writing much any more these days?

ፍቅር እስከ መቃብር ተፈጽሞ ይሁን?

It remained the same until today:

One of your foot soldiers said somewhere also, in line with Dima's own claim, "if we can't use the term Neftegna, then how are we supposed to mobilize our mobs?" (by a certain Awol, a university lecturer, we were told).

Even professor Merera didn't escape the temptation and remained stuck to the claim of "we are the owners of this change" while also at the same time claiming "there is no change", and implication also "the power blongs to us". As a respected veteran politician I have nothing against his coming to power but agains succriffying the lives of innocents for the sake of coming to power.

All these narratives indicate that there is not real issue (any more) but fight over a crap of power.

OPDO actors are also said to have complained about the "resurrection of Neftegna" but then turned back and just made Oromo Land Grabbing its main task. They will be dealt with in due time, hopefully and OPFist will get a theme to write on Mereja Forum.

You can keep pushing the blames on the "The Jimmas" or sometimes "The Showas" for everything that was built on a pack of your own lies.

ህንባሪቱ ሴቴ እንዳቆን ቆጥ ኢሺ ራት ሃግዴ ጀዴን ዮ መክማከን።

Right

Post by Right » 01 Dec 2022, 08:29

DTT,
Can you elaborate your stand on the subject: Latin vs Geez?
I hope you may have a better understanding of what the PP regime intends to do. And also give us your opinion on the subject. Honest opinion pls.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 01 Dec 2022, 08:37

Right wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 08:29
DTT,
Can you elaborate your stand on the subject: Latin vs Geez?
I hope you may have a better understanding of what the PP regime intends to do. And also give us your opinion on the subject. Honest opinion pls.
I thought we have made an agreement that we will discuss after the resurrection of Woyanes, according to your own stand the entity didn't make angreement in Pretoria but it was a trap to the government and come back to power. Why did you opt to come even before that and try to ask for my stand?

Right

Post by Right » 01 Dec 2022, 09:15

Didn’t you realize it is a trap? Do you think the crisis in Mekele is over? Not by any stretch of imagination. Give it some time and just watch. You don’t have a peace partner. The latest is they are demanding foreign forces out of Tigray. You know what it means.

Now, do you have an opinion on the subject? Or you don’t have it.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 01 Dec 2022, 09:30

You can keep wishing but the fact of the matter is that the entity didn't make it any further after Debresina while it was fully armed to the teeth, now it has been compelled to give up its heavy weaponry and it can make a further attempt but it remains a futile one, for one more time.

Even human waves have got a limit, nothing is open-ended, inform yourself.

Right

Post by Right » 01 Dec 2022, 11:25

DTT,
The actors are the same. The old dogs: Tsadikan, Megbe, Debre and Getachew your partners in crime are still there. They are saved and the 7th king granted them more money, time and space. With a diplomatic cover from the US TPLF’s demands for “foreign forces” to leave will be a reality. As I said don’t celebrate. Amateurs.

I think you have nothing to say on the subject. You don’t know or afraid of to say something that you are not sure of. The political scientist in this forum has already dropped a hint. You know who he is. Search for it and learn.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 01 Dec 2022, 11:36

Hopefully the Oromo people will soon replace the phony leaders with leaders who are genuinely promoting the interests of the Oromo people. It could be Jal Ibssa or Jal Maro or Jawar or any new face who truly articulate the interests of the Oromo people so that we all would be in a position to know what we are up against or for. The kind of politics that is now suffocating the Ethiopian space is shrouded with pretension and leading all of us to a dangerous cliff edge. :|

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 01 Dec 2022, 14:41

Right wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 11:25
DTT,
The actors are the same. The old dogs: Tsadikan, Megbe, Debre and Getachew your partners in crime are still there. They are saved and the 7th king granted them more money, time and space. With a diplomatic cover from the US TPLF’s demands for “foreign forces” to leave will be a reality. As I said don’t celebrate. Amateurs.

I think you have nothing to say on the subject. You don’t know or afraid of to say something that you are not sure of. The political scientist in this forum has already dropped a hint. You know who he is. Search for it and learn.
We have nothing against scientists if their science can clean itself from a purely phobic stand. Phobia can't be defended on the milieu of scientific discussions.

Tell please the "scientist" to try to distance himself from a phobia that will going to eat the subject itself from inside out first.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 01 Dec 2022, 15:33

Wrong,

it is only you, who has not yet surrendered to the mighty Ethiopian power, the rest is doing it left and right in succession :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right

Post by Right » 01 Dec 2022, 16:07

DTT,
First, about the Alphabets. Geez or Latin - where do you stand and why?

Second, what you said about ENDF maybe is true. But a victorious army capture the perpetrators and put them on trial not negotiate and give them part of what they want. Hey you said the PP regime is the winner and I beg to differ. Let us give it sometime and one of us will be proven wrong. Just save this comment.

Again, the TPLFites are a deadly peace partners. Trust them and you are gone. PP gave them time,They are waiting for all kinds of trouble to brew by stirring the trouble pot with a long hand. They love chaos and PP has a lot to offer.Tribal conflicts, inflations, foreign diplomacy, Welkayit etc

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 01 Dec 2022, 17:41

https://www.facebook.com/girmaabbaacabs ... e1SiaDzvLl

1. To not only propose what format our language should be written in, but to impose it upon us WITHOUT even consulting with Oromo's; is not only insulting, but shows Us Oromo's just how low you think of us. You think that, we are a nation lacking intellectuals and linguistic scholars who can do the research necessary to find the best way to write Afaan Oromo. You imply by doing such things, Andy Tsige and Ginbot 7 who once and always been against Oromo's, let's be honest; that the Oromo are somehow your subjects and should be dictated to, with NO input from them in regards to their OWN language, culture, identity, etc. Insulting to the 100th degree, indeed.

2. Such research was done, if you click on the link above, you'll see the proof for that. Yes, I believe in our scholars ability, I am in fact that the Oromo nation is not in need of others to tell us what's best for us, especially when it comes to sensitive matters such as our language, our culture & our very identity; and they did come to the conclusion that Latin was the best for expressing Afaan Oromo.
Nothing against Ge'ez, but you have to understand that, an attack on our language and culture, is an attack on us as a whole; and we won't take it lightly.
Ethiopia will forever be in perpetual internal conflicts and unable to develop, as long as its rulers, regardless of whether they be Oromo elites, Amara elites, Tigrayan elites, etc, decide to target, marginalize & suppress the Oromo and mishandle the Oromo 'question.'
If you wonder why OLA still exists and why its rank and file is growing-- and may most likely grow even more-- look at things/issues like this.

3. The Latin alphabet is used for about 100 languages, give or take-- many African languages, mostly in the west, central and south--use it as well.
But, you have some in our part of Africa that use it too--our Afar people, our Somali people, if I'm not mistaken, the Saho too.

Tiago the undercover Agame cadre who accuses/ and projects onto others,,
The truth is the truth, regardless of whether it is uttered by an Oromo (with Some Silte ancestry), or an Amara nationalist (very few, if any exist here, I am sure you ain't one) or a ''Woyane.''
I am referring to those who espouse the Amara ELITIST extremist, arrogant, ''I have the right to rule others because I am Amara,'' mentality, that they have, they want to use Amara's name, culture, etc, to oppress others wishes and aspirations; when in reality, they have not benefitted their own people that they love, the Amara's, since the Amara's are poor like us and struggle like us, and are decent---like us Oromo's and other Ethiopians, but of course, you have extremists and extremist-elitists among ALL nations in Ethiopia--not just from among us Oromo's and Tigrayans, as some on here like to portray/say.

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 02 Dec 2022, 08:04

I am referring to those who espouse the Amara ELITIST extremist, arrogant, ''I have the right to rule others because I am Amara,'' mentality, that they have, they want to use Amara's name, culture, etc, to oppress others wishes and aspirations; when in reality, they have not benefitted their own people that they love, the Amara's, since the Amara's are poor like us and struggle like us, and are decent-

ብጥብጥ !!! you are so decent :oops: :oops: you kill innocent human beings. ጥንብ ጎሰኛ

BTW no one is forcing you to use Geez characters.there are so many to choose from ,such as Arabic,chinese,etc
in fact,I hate to see you ጥንብ ጎሰኛ use Geez alphabets without paying royalties.

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 02 Dec 2022, 12:17

Oromo Language Lessons by DEBORAH :