Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ethiopianunity
Member+

Re: You Have To Be Mentally Retarded To Believe In Religion

Post by ethiopianunity » 23 Nov 2022, 05:50

So what you are saying is you support genocide for their faith. I have seen what you posted in the past, you are a sick individual I think you may even be involved in the killings..

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 23 Nov 2022, 06:22

Various societies had entities they would pray to like Gods of fertility, wars, power, knowledge, medicine these gods would have unqiue names based on languages but same meaning

Where did the First cell come from?

Without the cell origination theory evolution is bankrupt.

Hydrogen Oxygen Nitrogen all cannot bring life

Because life comes from a Seed\Zer not chemicals or gasses. Anyone can put all chemicals together and no life would come from it

There are many mysteries you cannot solve. Life itself is from a divine seed and a mystery
Last edited by Noble Amhara on 23 Nov 2022, 06:46, edited 2 times in total.

Eripoblikan

Post by Eripoblikan » 23 Nov 2022, 06:38

Roman wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 05:43
. . .
Mr Roman

Faith understood the right way actually helps us to be more humane towards others.

experts

Post by experts » 24 Nov 2022, 07:52

ወይ ፈሳም ሮማን ብለሽ ብለሽ እግዜርን ትጋፍያለሽ። የድድብናሽ ወስን የለውም። ይልቁንም ቶሎ ብለሽ ይቅርታ ጠይቂ። ደንቆሮ

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 24 Nov 2022, 08:26

I'd say the opposite. Only a fool would think that something (humans, the planets, etc) doesn't have a creator, and instead, came from nothing.
Only a fool would think he has no purpose other than making money, acquiring material possessions, physical relations, etc.
Only a fool think that there won't be accountability for their deeds from this world.
Etc etc etc....

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 24 Nov 2022, 10:04

1. The creator is the originator, therefore he is not created but is the creator. He has no beginning or end, unlike everything in existence. He brought everything into existence.

2. Passing on genes is not the main purpose of existence nor is it a purpose that's fulfilling or a purpose that makes the heart be at ease. A person who lacks a relationship with their creator will always have a void that can't be fulfilled.
Finding a mate, making money, having material possessions, etc, are all temporary joys that eventually end and don't bring true joy to the heart. True contentment. This is why you see miserable millionaires and poor Muslims happier than ever. Or middle class Muslims happier than ever or even rich ones who are happy knowing their wealth isn't the reason for their joy.
This is why a famous Muslim once said "if the non muslims knew of the joy that we get from worship and knowing our Lord, they'd fight us to take it."

3. Not emotional at all, actually. You maybe projecting your insecurities and lies unto me, though.
I didn't say life was, I said only a fool thinks that they won't be held accountable for their deeds one day.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 24 Nov 2022, 10:28

You're the one failing, in an epic manner too.
The creator is the originator, therefore, he does not have a beginning or an end. He created everything, nothing created him because if he were created then he wouldn't be the creator. You answered yourself.
The creator was here before anything and everything existed. Then when he willed, he created everything.

We can agree to disagree on the last parts then man.
I do believe in accountability on the day of judgement, it makes sense that the creator would judge between his creations one day, with complete justice. It makes sense that the creator does as he wills and that our finite or limited understanding won't be able to comprehend some of these things.

But we can agree to disagree there. Peace.

Sholla Addis

Post by Sholla Addis » 24 Nov 2022, 11:26

I hope someone will deeply contemplate these two verses of the Quran if you want to claim independent from Allah

56. Surah

56.83 Then why do ye not (intervene) when (the soul of the dying man) reaches the throat,-

56.87 Call back the soul, if ye are true (in the claim of independence)?

What is your answer?

Right

Post by Right » 24 Nov 2022, 11:29

Here is a clue to those who are confused about God.

Differentiate between Human God (religion) and Spiritual God (cosmos).

Human God (religion) - most believe was designed by organized group to control humans. If you look at religion closely and what it did to non white people around the world then the accusations are correct.

Spirituality is a different thing. If you have been in to physics, specifically Quantum physics then you will understand God from a different angle. A human body just like the cosmos didn’t happen randomly, it is regulated by a natural phenomenon and that is the real god eventually all humanity will believe in.

tarik
Senior Member+

Post by tarik » 24 Nov 2022, 11:34

Agame boy hawdian Aka Roman Aka Zack, on this topic I agree with u, that religion is a mental disorder and fake fiction that was written by good writers thousand of years ago. Only dumb & retarded ppl believe in fake fiction called religion.

Abere

Post by Abere » 24 Nov 2022, 13:31

Atheism is a mental disorder. Scientific studies established the strong relationship between atheism
and high functioning autism. An atheist not only forget the value of humanity, but also nature. An atheist is more likely to be seKsually disoriented does not he/she, while a do and cat knows the she/he cat or dog. Two leg human-being disoriented about the nature of things is very impossible to recognize what is supernatural. A person that can not reason what is natural can NOT reason what is supernatural. That is why atheism is studies as mental disorder or rehardens

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 01 Dec 2022, 17:59

Noble Amhara wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 06:22
You are correct that no scientist has been able to create a single cell so far, at least not to my knowledge. However, I do not think that you are correct that no scientist will ever be able to create a cell in the future. If you are convinced otherwise, you may be a victim of too much preaching.

First things first. When I read this headline the day it was posted, it bemused me to say at a moment's notice that "you have to be mentally retarded to believe in World Cup." I then stepped back to say World Cup in good faith is a good thing. Then I said faith in good faith is a good thing. I am saying this as a not formal practitioner for a long time now.

Now getting back to creating a single cell, I have been wondering for a long time now if many of us haven't seen a cell created in Nature's Lab. Haven't many of us seen some creatures spring to life on a dry land the morning after a heavy rain? Now, this is a prize worthy idea to pursue if many of our scientists are curious enough to pursue it. I can mention another case where new cells and hence life spring to life.

Then by chance, I heard Neil deGrasse Tyson speak on CNN this past Sunday saying that there is currently an active frontier of research to create a self-replicating organism. I am paraphrasing him here.

So, what gives in the difference of outlooks between him and you about the same topic?

It goes back to the same argument that I have had when I was a young boy. I remember an argument with an adult about the kind of too much preaching and praying. I spoke against it. Today, I am an old man. That adult is even older. If that person said then let me do that too much praying and kept doing so to this day, where is the light in the life of that adult? I ask this question painfully because the human mind is a precious thing to waste for a day let alone for a life time.

Now getting back to faith in good faith to be a good thing, I think that wisdom tradition is a good thing. Some words of wisdom that I often remember in the Bible is the following: "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD."

I often ask if the same kind of words of wisdom can be applied to every and any family as follows: "Blessed is a family who has a leader." A family that is endowed with these words of wisdom is a royalty unto itself. If every family becomes a royal unto itself, the whole world will become a place of royalties in the universe.

In my mind, that is an instance of faith in good faith.

Wait a minute. Isn't that what our people have been practicing for eons? What is the meaning of እግዝኣብሔር። If I am not mistaken, it is a composite of at least two words, which includes ብሔር። Would it be farfetched to imagine that "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD" is just a different version of እግዝኣብሔር?

Even more, what does በስመዓብ mean other than በአባት ስም or መቃ ኣባ ገኔረ ካ in Afan Oromo?

That said, I am the first to admit that my knowledge of religion is not deep. However, I am happy with my limited reading about it, about the transformation movement in Europe centuries ago that evidently culminated in the observation that the Kingdom of God is within you. I happen to think that this discussion begs for a similar king of transformation in Africa at large, especially among the new converts that have been affected by too much preaching, or for the wise to awaken to the depth of wisdom tradition that our people have been practicing for eons. If my view can add any bit to it, I would have contributed a bit.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 02 Dec 2022, 00:24

Do you believe scientists can spontaneously generate cell organisms?

Now you know they cannot

Scientists must take living cells and modify them to create a new cell.

you can not erase the reality that life has orgins.
Now getting back to creating a single cell, I have been wondering for a long time now if many of us haven't seen a cell created in Nature's Lab. Haven't many of us seen some creatures spring to life on a dry land the morning after a heavy rain? Now, this is a prize worthy idea to pursue if many of our scientists are curious enough to pursue it. I can mention another case where new cells and hence life spring to life.

the seeds that were already in the dry land are nourished and grow when the rain falls.
Naga Tuma wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 17:59
Noble Amhara wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 06:22
You are correct that no scientist has been able to create a single cell so far, at least not to my knowledge. However, I do not think that you are correct that no scientist will ever be able to create a cell in the future. If you are convinced otherwise, you may be a victim of too much preaching.

First things first. When I read this headline the day it was posted, it bemused me to say at a moment's notice that "you have to be mentally retarded to believe in World Cup." I then stepped back to say World Cup in good faith is a good thing. Then I said faith in good faith is a good thing. I am saying this as a not formal practitioner for a long time now.

Then by chance, I heard Neil deGrasse Tyson speak on CNN this past Sunday saying that there is currently an active frontier of research to create a self-replicating organism. I am paraphrasing him here.

So, what gives in the difference of outlooks between him and you about the same topic?

It goes back to the same argument that I have had when I was a young boy. I remember an argument with an adult about the kind of too much preaching and praying. I spoke against it. Today, I am an old man. That adult is even older. If that person said then let me do that too much praying and kept doing so to this day, where is the light in the life of that adult? I ask this question painfully because the human mind is a precious thing to waste for a day let alone for a life time.

Now getting back to faith in good faith to be a good thing, I think that wisdom tradition is a good thing. Some words of wisdom that I often remember in the Bible is the following: "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD."

I often ask if the same kind of words of wisdom can be applied to every and any family as follows: "Blessed is a family who has a leader." A family that is endowed with these words of wisdom is a royalty unto itself. If every family becomes a royal unto itself, the whole world will become a place of royalties in the universe.

In my mind, that is an instance of faith in good faith.

Wait a minute. Isn't that what our people have been practicing for eons? What is the meaning of እግዝኣብሔር። If I am not mistaken, it is a composite of at least two words, which includes ብሔር። Would it be farfetched to imagine that "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD" is just a different version of እግዝኣብሔር?

Even more, what does በስመዓብ mean other than በአባት ስም or መቃ ኣባ ገኔረ ካ in Afan Oromo?

That said, I am the first to admit that my knowledge of religion is not deep. However, I am happy with my limited reading about it, about the transformation movement in Europe centuries ago that evidently culminated in the observation that the Kingdom of God is within you. I happen to think that this discussion begs for a similar king of transformation in Africa at large, especially among the new converts that have been affected by too much preaching, or for the wise to awaken to the depth of wisdom tradition that our people have been practicing for eons. If my view can add any bit to it, I would have contributed a bit.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 07 Dec 2022, 20:08

Just getting back to this thread.
Noble Amhara wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 00:24
Do you believe scientists can spontaneously generate cell organisms?
No, I don't believe that because I need a proof for something to be believable.

I am saying there is no proof that scientists will never be able to create animate matter from inanimate matter. If you are convinced otherwise, we can agree to disagree.

As a student of science, I know that before Einstein, scientists believed that matter is indestructible. Einstein discovered that matter can be changed to energy, which means matter can be destructed and changed into energy. It appears to me that the change from matter to energy may be more difficult than that from inanimate matter to animate matter. Don't you think?

Now you know they cannot
No, I do not. The video is informative about past efforts. Do I take this brief as conclusive? No. Thank you for sharing it, anyways.

Aristotle's observation in this brief was one of the two examples I wrote about in my comments above. To the best of my recollections, this is the first time I heard about what he had to say or document about it. So, it is fair to say that we made the same observation independently, needless to mention that he wasn't disproved when he was alive. In other words, he passed away thinking it to be true. If at least two people have made the same or similar observations independently in such different space and time, it means the question about the observation remains a lingering one.

I considered my observation of that a weaker example because it is new cells springing from existing cells, which means a change from one type of animate matter into another type of animate matter instead of a change from inanimate matter into animate matter.
Scientists must take living cells and modify them to create a new cell.
So far. It doesn't mean scientists will forever be unable to create animate matter from inanimate matter.
you can not erase the reality that life has orgins.
I am sure it has origins. The unanswered question is whether it can be explainable in the future in scientific terms or not. So far, I don't have any conclusion on that.

Here is a video that has the discussion with Neil deGrasse Tyson that I mentioned. He states: "The question is what kind of spark is necessary ... to go from inanimate organic molecules to self-replicating life. That is a big frontier in biology today."

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 13 Dec 2022, 15:46

The new breakthrough in nuclear fusion reminds me this discussion about science.

Before Einstein, humans did not know if an atom can be destructible.

Before now, humans did not know how to fuse two atoms. I have been thinking it could come from the Large Hadron Collider lab (CERN) in Switzerland. It came from a U.S. lab.

So far, humans do not know how to create a single cell or change inanimate matter into animate matter. I have been inclined to think this may not be impossible after observing two things. Africa may be one of the fertile natural environments for these kinds of observations.