Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Everybody else seems to celebrate New Year in Sept., only the tolchine group does it in January

Post by DefendTheTruth » 24 Sep 2022, 15:19

Tolchine aka. tolcha of Mereja forum wrote at one time in the past that he is an Oromo (he called them G* word) from Woliso area and he and co. clearly celebrate also the new year in January :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tolchine is also much related to Tigray according to his own posting in here, I am not sure, if Tigray also celebrates the new year in January. If not why choose the new year for others and then turn back and celebrate for oneself on a different day??

They first brought for us the day we have to celebrate the new year of others, then they followed up on the that by carrying guns of the same others and started to kill the same people they imposed the values of others on.

Noble Amhara

Re: Everybody else seems to celebrate New Year in Sept., only the tolchine group does it in January

Post by Noble Amhara » 24 Sep 2022, 17:12

Toolcha is pure agame. He lied claiming to be from central Shoa, Waliso is not central shoa it is south western Shoa and the people are CheboGurage that speak Oromigna . We know 1000s of a games migrated to central shoa cities (Addis Ababa) and try to affiliate as Oromo sometimea

Naga Tuma
Member+

Re: Everybody else seems to celebrate New Year in Sept., only the tolchine group does it in January

Post by Naga Tuma » 30 Sep 2022, 15:48

Does this mean nobody in Ethiopia is saying any longer that New Year in September is Geez new year, not Oromo new year? Because I remember hearing a while back that argument in amusement.

Ethiopia's new year is my most favorite Ethiopian holiday. It got ingrained in my mind when I was young, yet when I was old enough to become a cowboy. I am not sure if the term cowboy can be equivalent to ትክሴ or እረኛ።

When I was a young ትክሴ or እረኛ for few years during the rainy season, it wasn't enjoyable to do during long rainy days. Then all of a sudden, in what sometimes felt almost over night, long rainy days stop, more sunshine appears, and the wet ground becomes more solid. It is for that reason I liked it most.

On the morning of the new year, elders greet each other saying these words: በገ ገነ ነጋን ባታኒ ቦቃ ብራ አርግተን። ሰዴን ሰዴተት ነጋን እስኒፍ ሃ ናነኡ።

In Amharic, it roughly means እንኳን ክረምቱን በሰላም ኣሳልፋችሁ የብራን ቦቃ ኣያችሁ። ስምንትዮሽ ወደ ስምንትዮሽ በሰላም ይዙሩላችሁ።

Now that everybody in Ethiopia knows that the sun that is far up in the sky doesn't shine selectively for different locations in Ethiopia and East Africa at large, or that parts of the Earth in Ethiopia do not orbit the sun separately, let us add a little humor to the old argument that the Geez New Year is in September and the now outdated Oromo New Year is in January.

ኢትዮጵያ የመጡት የምሽን ልኡካን ጄት ላግ የሚባለዉ ይዞኣቸዉ ደረሱ። ጄት ላጉ ሳይለቃቸዉ በመስከረም የሚከበረዉን ሳያዉቁ ከመጡበት የሚከበረዉን ጥር ዉስጥ ማክበር ቀጠሉ። በፍጥነት ያሰለጠኗቸዉ የኣከባቢ ኣርሶ ኣደሮች ጄት ላግ ኣያዉቁም ነበር እና የያዛቸዉን ኣላወቁላቸዉም። ስለዚህ እንደ እናንተ ነጣ ነጣ የሚለዉ የእኛ ኬሎ፣ እናንተ ዬሎዉ ያላችሁት፣ የምያብበዉ እኮ ብራ ወይም መስከራም ላይ ነዉ እኮ ማለት ኣልቻሉም። ያስተማሩዋቸዉም ተማሪዎችም ጄት ላግ ኣያዉቁም ነበር። ካወቁት በሁዋላ መነሻዉ ላካስ ጄት ላግ ነበር ብለዉ የብራን በመላዉ ኢትዮጵያ ኣዲስ ኣመትነት ኣስታወሱ። ከዛም ኢትዮጵያ ዉስጥ ኣዲስ ኣመት የሚደርሰዉ በጥር ወር ነዉ የሚለዉ ተረት ተረት ሆነ።