Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Don't miss this, amazing analysis

Post by DefendTheTruth » 24 Sep 2022, 14:40

Perhaps it only because I am a layman when it comes to legal issues. This soft-spoken man breaks it down so that the picture may get clearer even for people like me. Don't miss!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: Don't miss this, amazing analysis

Post by DefendTheTruth » 28 Sep 2022, 16:14

I remembered about the avbove conversation after listening to the following video's message, it all revolves around the same core issue: a call for transitional government (there are many names given to the same issue at its core, the word I am fed-up with the so called ሁሉን አካታች, with that they mean let's compensate for our failure in the democratic avenue and try our best in this regard).

The call for a transitional government is in my view a step backward, mostly coming from those who couldn't effect any impact through the democratic means. All they care is about their power.

The guest in the above video also made one central point, which is making it clear that the govenment has been given the legitimacy to lead by the relatively unprecedented standard of free and fair election that was conducted before a year. So, why pull back the nation which has many other challenges even without a transitional govenment one more time from the step we have already reached instead of building on what we have already achieved, if there is a true concern for a better tomorrow? This guy from OFC is also trying to hide behind those in the bush and push for the same old way of saying "we want a transitional government".

Installing a transitional government will not bring anything better for the country, the spot in the govenment power structure will not fulfil everybody's ambition to power and some people need to learn to wait for their turn, but by behaving well.

The problem has been the opposition all along, else it could have also won against woyane itself already long time ago. It can't depart itself from its old habit, which is its weakness.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 28 Sep 2022, 18:33

DefendTheTruth wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 16:14
I remembered about the avbove conversation after listening to the following video's message, it all revolves around the same core issue: a call for transitional government (there are many names given to the same issue at its core, the word I am fed-up with the so called ሁሉን አካታች, with that they mean let's compensate for our failure in the democratic avenue and try our best in this regard).

The call for a transitional government is in my view a step backward, mostly coming from those who couldn't effect any impact through the democratic means. All they care is about their power.

The guest in the above video also made one central point, which is making it clear that the govenment has been given the legitimacy to lead by the relatively unprecedented standard of free and fair election that was conducted before a year. So, why pull back the nation which has many other challenges even without a transitional govenment one more time from the step we have already reached instead of building on what we have already achieved, if there is a true concern for a better tomorrow? This guy from OFC is also trying to hide behind those in the bush and push for the same old way of saying "we want a transitional government".

Installing a transitional government will not bring anything better for the country, the spot in the govenment power structure will not fulfil everybody's ambition to power and some people need to learn to wait for their turn, but by behaving well.

The problem has been the opposition all along, else it could have also won against woyane itself already long time ago. It can't depart itself from its old habit, which is its weakness.

A leader who think Ethnic cleansing by OLF is a mischief should not lead a village let alone a country of 120 million people. A cheerleader like you instead of addressing the mess in plain sight you have to find a scapegoat -- oppositions. Have you ever thought that being oppressed is much better than being ethnically cleansed? The center of this Maham happened to be Oromia where our Prime mister came from. Instead of providing security for Ethiopian people, he brings up drug-related shoot out and death statistics to play down the tragedy. Weyane supporters were as much blindly supporting Weyanes , now the new landlord supporters also doing the same "if only the opposition keep quiet" despite the massacre taking place on daily bases ' Abiy would have turned Ethiopian into heaven on earth. Haven can wait.DTT

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 29 Sep 2022, 03:48

TGAA,

instead of beating around the bush come forward and tell your audience about how installing a transitional government one more time would make the condition any better.

By making the condition better would also promise a better tomorrow, instead of going back to square one, one more time and again and again, the same old vicious cycle.

Failing to present your case convincingly here in that direction will only indicate the motive behind your tantrum, which has nothing in common with a genuine concern for the plight of those people you are trading in their name.

As simple as that, which is also the core message of my post.

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 29 Sep 2022, 06:15

DefendTheTruth wrote:

Giving more time for Abiy Ahmed means allowing Abiy Ahmed to continue his genocide and allowing the genocide that is unfolding in Ethiopia to continue.

Regarding you FAKE election drama, wasn't Hailemariam Dessalegn elected with releatively free and fair election better than Abiy Ahmed did?.
The people revolt agains EPRDF and consquencly Hailemariam was removed from his power even if Hailemariam was not as genocidal as Abiy Ahmed is.

Just look at the attached photo of genociode that is unfolding in Ethiopia. This just tip of the iceberg what is happening in Ethiopia righ now. Allowing Abiy to continue means allowing this to continue!!

Trust me Abiy Ahmed will be at ICC, The Hague, for his genocidal crimes.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 29 Sep 2022, 07:26

Wedi wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 06:15
DefendTheTruth wrote:

Giving more time for Abiy Ahmed means allowing Abiy Ahmed to continue his genocide and allowing the genocide that is unfolding in Ethiopia to continue.

Regarding you FAKE election drama, wasn't Hailemariam Dessalegn elected with releatively free and fair election better than Abiy Ahmed did?.
The people revolt agains EPRDF and consquencly Hailemariam was removed from his power even if Hailemariam was not as genocidal as Abiy Ahmed is.

Just look at the attached photo of genociode that is unfolding in Ethiopia. This just tip of the iceberg what is happening in Ethiopia righ now. Allowing Abiy to continue means allowing this to continue!!

Trust me Abiy Ahmed will be at ICC, The Hague, for his genocidal crimes.

ስጋ ቁጠር ብሉት ጣፊያንም አንድ አለ አሉ ስተርቱ።
አንተም ሰዉ ሆንክ ና ከምናምንህ ብቅ አልክ።

The only card you can play with around is the "genocide" word and go even beyond and act as a legal expert. It only indicates how desparate your camp has become.

Ethiopia is a country based on a deep social value which states that "the dignity of human kind is inviolable", but that is hard to grasp for people of your level. The issue here is not about if there is a genocide or not, it is about the pros and cons of the so called "trasitional government" and the tenacity of the call at the current level of the democratization process in the country. Are you a man to take on that?

I don't expect that from you at any time soon!

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 29 Sep 2022, 07:47

DefendTheTruth wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 07:26
I don't expect that from you at any time soon!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

idi0t. You are one desperate wutaf Nekay!!
You are trying hard to protect youir Galla leader!! :lol: :lol:

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 29 Sep 2022, 12:32

I didn't see this video when I posted the above view of mine.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 29 Sep 2022, 15:45

wedi agame boy, can you tell us, who those people are in the picture on the ground? how do we know that they weren't soldiers, militias, etc, fighting the OLA? can you prove they're actually innocent civilians? genuinely curious!

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 29 Sep 2022, 16:01

defendthelie,
How do you reconcile a democratically elected government with arresting those who criticise and oppose it?
Oh! They must behave and wait for their turn. :lol: :lol:

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 29 Sep 2022, 18:50

Tiago wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 16:01
defendthelie,
How do you reconcile a democratically elected government with arresting those who criticise and oppose it?
Oh! They must behave and wait for their turn. :lol: :lol:
The Ethiopian politicians problem is that they don't understand about how to oppose, they think creating public disturbances is also opposing, as an example.

Inciting violence is a crime and not an act of opposing, the first thing you have to understand.

Not respecting the law of the land is not an act of opposing, and I can enumerate many more of the instances of the failures of your so called opposition, inept politicians.

But why don't you answer the question of how a transitional government is good for the country at this stage of the democratization process the country has already reached at, paying heavy prices over the years or even ages?

Why are you affraid?

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 29 Sep 2022, 19:28

DefendTheTruth wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 03:48
TGAA,

instead of beating around the bush come forward and tell your audience about how installing a transitional government one more time would make the condition any better.

By making the condition better would also promise a better tomorrow, instead of going back to square one, one more time and again and again, the same old vicious cycle.

Failing to present your case convincingly here in that direction will only indicate the motive behind your tantrum, which has nothing in common with a genuine concern for the plight of those people you are trading in their name.

Assumption, they say, is the mother of all screw-ups! I never supported a transitional government before the election because those sponsoring the idea were weyann's tautologist. However, Abiy has failed to deliver either security or prosperity. So when we are in this kind of predicament, we have to consider everything that would bring tranquility and justice to all. As long as those who want to participate in it are genuine and are not backed up by anti-Ethiopian forces. I have no other motivation other than the suffering of all Ethiopians to stop. Instead of accusing me of " trading in their name" Push and argue on those Ethiopian's behalf so they can live a secure life. Arm them or protect them, instead of "spreading lies that Amharas are on a suicide spree " Or calling 1000 targeted killings as mischief. Take Kantian philosophy to heart " Rational human beings should be treated as an end in themselves and not as a means to something else"

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 30 Sep 2022, 04:54

TGAA wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 19:28
DefendTheTruth wrote:
TGAA,

Assumption, they say, is the mother of all screw-ups! I never supported a transitional government before the election because those sponsoring the idea were weyann's tautologist. However, Abiy has failed to deliver either security or prosperity. So when we are in this kind of predicament, we have to consider everything that would bring tranquility and justice to all. As long as those who want to participate in it are genuine and are not backed up by anti-Ethiopian forces. I have no other motivation other than the suffering of all Ethiopians to stop. Instead of accusing me of " trading in their name" Push and argue on those Ethiopian's behalf so they can live a secure life. Arm them or protect them, instead of "spreading lies that Amharas are on a suicide spree " Or calling 1000 targeted killings as mischief. Take Kantian philosophy to heart " Rational human beings should be treated as an end in themselves and not as a means to something else"
Okay, you said " assumption is the mother of all screw-ups", which could be true. I have no issue with that here. But then I have to ask myself, how is the assumption of creating a transitional government will going to stop the killing of innocent people is supposed to work (not a "screw-up"), may I know?

Is that not an assumption?

Do you have a precedence to support your claim?

What is the experience in Ethiopia itself of creating a transitional government on multiple occasions in our own life span?

Derg has created a transitional government, woyane created its own and both of them used that as an occasion to wipe out the presumed opponents and PP said let's do with that away and opted to proceed with the process of democratization and many are still dying to have the same old tried and failed means.

This only indicates that there is something behind this demand!

Right

Post by Right » 30 Sep 2022, 11:18

A waste of time to discuss anything with brick head DDT.

The reality on the ground will take care of all these cadres and the rotten regime (an extension of EPDRF).

Genocide on a daily basis, cost of living as the government print money and dump it to the population, starvations- half the population experiencing starvations. If donor countries and the UN stops financial and food aid, a quarter of the population will starve to death.
While Abiye Ahmed is spending a billion dollar a month on the prolonged war.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 30 Sep 2022, 13:51

Right wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 11:18
A waste of time to discuss anything with brick head DDT.

The reality on the ground will take care of all these cadres and the rotten regime (an extension of EPDRF).

Genocide on a daily basis, cost of living as the government print money and dump it to the population, starvations- half the population experiencing starvations. If donor countries and the UN stops financial and food aid, a quarter of the population will starve to death.
While Abiye Ahmed is spending a billion dollar a month on the prolonged war.
Right, the best headed of the forum, has to tell us something new here.

Half the population is starving in the gered head's head already, he doesn't need to tell us about his source, the best mind knows everything by itself.

And then the UN intervenes to stop the starvation, according to geredHead himself. If UN would have stopped, then just a quarter will face starvation, also according to geredHead's claim itself.

This mathematical calculation could have earned the geredHeads a Nobel Prize in Mathematics, the best mind of the forum.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 30 Sep 2022, 21:05

DefendTheTruth wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 04:54
TGAA wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 19:28
DefendTheTruth wrote:
TGAA,

Okay, you said " assumption is the mother of all screw-ups", which could be true. I have no issue with that here. But then I have to ask myself, how is the assumption of creating a transitional government will going to stop the killing of innocent people is supposed to work (not a "screw-up"), may I know?

Is that not an assumption?

Do you have a precedence to support your claim?

What is the experience in Ethiopia itself of creating a transitional government on multiple occasions in our own life span?

Derg has created a transitional government, woyane created its own and both of them used that as an occasion to wipe out the presumed opponents and PP said let's do with that away and opted to proceed with the process of democratization and many are still dying to have the same old tried and failed means.

This only indicates that there is something behind this demand!
in

Man, you are so fixated on " transitional government " you don't even want to recognize the dangerous situation the country is in. A transitional government is not a panacea, but it is one of the instruments in the political toolkit and may be one of the last to be considered. A transitional government is not established for different political groups to play a tag of war to dominate the outcome. It is a genuine, conscious decision by all parties involved to trade and compromise to achieve tranquility in the country for all communities of Ethiopians. There are pre-requirements and parameters all parties need to agree to before getting into transitional government arrangement, even discussion. Yet, we all have wanted Abiy to succeed so that the need for transitional government becomes mute. However, Abiy has failed miserably although he has been given ample opportunities to succeed. Making a speech in front of a big billboard and beautifying cities are good things, but they are not a replacement for the first requirement of governance, affording security for the public. He is trading the tangible lives of Ethiopians for the cloudy intangible " prosperity of " tomorrow. His robotic feeling for the people who are being massacred on daily bases for the past 4 years, tells a lot about Abiy's psyche. So the question is -- is he capable of providing security for the public, who are being targeted by this ranged group, that has infiltrated his government, by his own admission. So far he has proven he is not capable, except cutting internet connection so the gruesome crime doesn't come out, and insults the dead by trifling their death as mischief. If he or his adoring supporters think skirting the issue of ethnic cleansing, putting it under the rug is a way they will find out what the outcome is going to be when the victims decide not to be victims anymore. Then the idea of a "transitional government ' would be unattainable even for consideration .

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 02 Oct 2022, 16:06

TGAA wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 21:05

Man, you are so fixated on " transitional government " you don't even want to recognize the dangerous situation the country is in. A transitional government is not a panacea, but it is one of the instruments in the political toolkit and may be one of the last to be considered. A transitional government is not established for different political groups to play a tag of war to dominate the outcome. It is a genuine, conscious decision by all parties involved to trade and compromise to achieve tranquility in the country for all communities of Ethiopians. There are pre-requirements and parameters all parties need to agree to before getting into transitional government arrangement, even discussion. Yet, we all have wanted Abiy to succeed so that the need for transitional government becomes mute. However, Abiy has failed miserably although he has been given ample opportunities to succeed. Making a speech in front of a big billboard and beautifying cities are good things, but they are not a replacement for the first requirement of governance, affording security for the public. He is trading the tangible lives of Ethiopians for the cloudy intangible " prosperity of " tomorrow. His robotic feeling for the people who are being massacred on daily bases for the past 4 years, tells a lot about Abiy's psyche. So the question is -- is he capable of providing security for the public, who are being targeted by this ranged group, that has infiltrated his government, by his own admission. So far he has proven he is not capable, except cutting internet connection so the gruesome crime doesn't come out, and insults the dead by trifling their death as mischief. If he or his adoring supporters think skirting the issue of ethnic cleansing, putting it under the rug is a way they will find out what the outcome is going to be when the victims decide not to be victims anymore. Then the idea of a "transitional government ' would be unattainable even for consideration .
Ato TGAA,

there is a saying in Afan Oromo, which could possibly has got an equivalent in Amharic and other languages in the country, if you know share with us here.

It says አቱ ፍዴ፣ አቱ ፍጤ።
When translated it is sort of you raised the issue and then you also settled it ( but in a broader sense).

It can be also used to indicate when you raise an indictment against someone but then also turn back and incriminate yourself for the same issue.

that is what I can say for today.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 02 Oct 2022, 17:48

Begging the question is a fallacy that fails to prove anything other than what is already assumed.