Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Wardoffa

Why I Retired Early from ER - Because Unpaid Tegaru are Doing My Work

Post by Wardoffa » 18 Aug 2022, 20:15

The critical support or opposition that would have challenged the PP/Abiy/Galla government was that of the Oromo opposition. Once TPLF was thrown into the dustbins of history, the real challenge was how to convince the naive and ttirre Gallas like Jawar/Bekele and their “followers” from forming any alliance with TPLF or other forces. For this what had to be done?
(1) to convince those Gallas that power doesn’t translate into perk and economic wealth overnight and they’d see the fruits of power in time - just give Abiy time… and…
(2) since time doesn’t just pass without challenges, the other half of the job was to make Gallas feel they’re hated as beneficiaries and to make them feel others like Tegaru and Amaharas hate them for that and for being owners of Oromia. This will leave Gallas with only one choice - to fall behind Abiy - just like what the naive Jawar et al came to realize in TIME.

On this second point, I had to retire because the Tegaru on ER are doing my job of separating Oromos from TPLF or other false prophets. Thanks ER Tegaru and keep it up!