Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Awel Said's response, to a Swedish politician.

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Aug 2022, 20:11

Debate
Are only Swedes allowed to show respect for their military?

Debater: The festival does not promote war

PUBLISHED: YESTERDAY 20.55

https://www.aftonbladet.se/debatt/a/k6A ... in-militar

We are millions of Eritreans who are proud of our army, and I wear its uniform with pride, neither you nor anyone else can interfere with my choice of clothing, writes Awel Said, poet and playwright. On the left is a picture of Eritrean President Isaias Afworki from 2010.
Photo: Geert Vanden Wijngaert/AP/TT

(Google translation)

REPLY. Response to the debate article "Stop the killer party's festival in Stockholm" https://www.aftonbladet.se/debatt/a/eEA ... -stockholm which was published on Aftonbladet Debatt on July 21.

My name is Awel Said, an Eritrean poet and playwright. I am visiting Sweden on my very first trip abroad, as an artist. I am happy and grateful to have had the opportunity to visit Sweden and the annual Eritrean festival.

The art form I master is monologues, a branch of poetry. I perform it dramatically, with background music and songs. My message is unity, peace, reconciliation.

So imagine my surprise when I, as a person, am immediately subjected to a terrible slander in Scandinavia's largest daily newspaper by the local politician Åsa Nilsson.

Not once have I spoken badly about the people of Tigray (northern Ethiopia) as Åsa Nilsson tries to give the impression of, not once have I propagated for war. I, like all Eritreans – not to mention the peoples of the Horn of Africa – are deeply war-weary.

Åsa Nilsson, shows no knowledge of the background of us as a people. About our festivals and the deep link that exists, between Eritreans inside and outside the country. I'm not a politician, so I don't go into her smearing of Eritrea's government, I'm just amazed by the deep ignorance and malice Åsa Nilsson shows in her text.

For us Eritreans living in and outside Eritrea, festivals have become an important tradition. For almost 50 years, Eritreans in the diaspora have held festivals around the world. A tradition, that began during Eritrea's struggle for independence. It has enabled us to maintain the link, between those inside and outside the country.

Åsa Nilsson disapproves, that I wear a military uniform in my performances and accuses me of inciting war. But what does she know about war and the horrors we have endured, in a number of wars? We who grew up with war have seen and been forced to live with its terrible consequences, generation after generation. We long for and demand peace.

Now that you here in the northern part of the globe feel "war anxiety", voices are being raised about large military budgets and immediate joining the war organization NATO.

You show respect and solidarity, to your military and security services. So, why am I not allowed to do the same?

The Eritrean Armed Forces is an organization that has ensured our national independence and territorial integrity, this at the extreme sacrifice of our people.

We are millions of Eritreans who are proud of our army and I wear its uniform with pride, so neither you nor anyone else can interfere with my choice of clothing.

Eritrea's army has never waged a war of invasion, we have always been forced to defend ourselves.

Even when the UN decided on Eritrea's border, Ethiopia/TPLF was allowed to continue occupying parts of Eritrea in defiance of the UN decision. An illegal occupation, that was supported by the US and Åsa Nilsson's party. A support, that cost the lives of many thousands of innocent Eritreans.

Åsa Nilsson and about ten people tried to get to Eggebygård on Saturday 30 July, to protest against the festival. The fact that the festival broke attendance records this year, can be credited to Åsa Nilsson's! Eritreans, regardless of political domicile, do not like to be ordered, and do not accept attacks on our values.

In conclusion, I would like to emphasize that it is Åsa Nilsson who incites hatred and conflicts. Her baseless accusations and slander against my person, cannot go unchallenged.

Awel Said, poet and playwright

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: Awel Said's response, to a Swedish politician.

Post by Ethoash » 12 Aug 2022, 20:23

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 12 Aug 2022, 20:39

Ethioarse aka Ethio trash is the most dumb [deleted], the most bu’tt hurt and very irritated agame aka Ethiopian about the Eritreans.
Why the fu’ck do you get involved in Eritrean stuff to show your illiteracy and envy.
You idiot focus on the topic and debunk the message.
Go make freaking injera and feed your starved shermu’tta agame mom and your snotty little rat agames.
By now, you should know that we are here to irritate you and smack you in the face like we did to your ungrateful funfunat agames
The last time, you were vomiting your crap…..tigray army knows the art of war, tigrayans are golden race, winner takes it all and Eritrea will lose to tigray and tigray will take the win sh’it every day then after we forced you to swallow your own chenawi vomit you completely disappeared and vanished and instead of learning from your past stupidity you are saying the same crap again.
Go vanish again, because we already destroyed your woyane. Stop your empty fukerra and go and bring all the left over agames with you and dare to cross our border.
We always dare you, but all you do is begging your white master to evict Eritrea from tigray.
No we will not listen to your masters.
We will leave only when the Ethiopian govt says so.
So rather than talking sh’it, try to convince Abiy to tell us to stop fu’cking your shermu’tta agame mom with condoms. That is when we will stop.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 13 Aug 2022, 09:34

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 13 Aug 2022, 11:32

NoMore! BY AWEL SAID

መረብ ምላሽ

Post by መረብ ምላሽ » 13 Aug 2022, 16:26

Temt wrote:
13 Aug 2022, 11:32
NoMore! BY AWEL SAID
ኣድንቖተይ ይድረሰለይ! - - - ነዞም ተኸራፈስቲ ሓቂ ብፍላይን ብኣንክሮ ድማ!

ብሽም - (መዛርብተይ፣ መዛኑ ተክታተልቲ ኣብርክቶታኩም) - ከኣም፣ ካብ ልቢ ዝመንጨወ ምስጋንናና አቕርበልኩም እኔኹ።

ንሎሚ ብፍላይ ድማ፣ ንኽቡራት ተኸራፈስቲ Zmeselo, Cigarን Temtን
ትሑት ሓውኹም።