Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo

Why does Eritrea need to be involved for peace between Tigray and Ethiopia

Post by justo » 07 Aug 2022, 13:47

Why in hell does Eritrea need to be involved in peace talks between Tigray and Ethiopia?

This may make Isaias look important, but Eritrea's long term interest has nothing to do with Isaias' personal role in the HOA. Eritrea needs to finalise the peace talks with Ethiopia and demarcate the border ASAP, not insert itself in Ethiopian local politics, whether Ethiopia should be a federation or a unitary state is none of Eritrea's business. Isaias has been expressing opinion about this, Eritrea doesn't give a damn.

Fiyameta

Re: Why does Eritrea need to be involved for peace between Tigray and Ethiopia

Post by Fiyameta » 07 Aug 2022, 14:57

Placing physical markings along the permanently demarcated international border between Eritrea and Ethiopia requires UN's involvement, however due to super power politics the UN has abdicated it responsibility to facilitate the process.

The UN's attempt to further delay the physical demarcation process by feeding and arming the TPLF terrorist group to create a major conflict in the region has resulted in the horrific deaths of 900,000 Tigrean fighters, forcing UN's largest Western donors to seek mediation as an effort to buy time to resupply the severely depleted TPLF terrorist force with the weapons it needs to arm the Tigrean child soldiers it is conscripting for yet another futile showdown.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 07 Aug 2022, 15:12

justo wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 13:47
not insert itself in Ethiopian local politics, whether Ethiopia should be a federation or a unitary state is none of Eritrea's business. Isaias has been expressing opinion about this
Better late than never, your sluggish meakor is getting there now. You were told decades ago and, to your face, in as early as 2020

Last edited by eden on 07 Aug 2022, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 07 Aug 2022, 15:13

Don't worry brother Justo,

I have faith in the wisdom of Shaebia never to participate in a peace negotiation where the terrorist gang called TPLF participates as an equal side. The idea is ridiculous. Abiy may be a worthless leader to allow third parties to dictate to him how to conduct Ethiopia's sovereign internal affairs, but Shaebia is made of sterner stuff. The only solution is the total eradication of the TPLF thugs, There cannot be peace as long as that cancer is allowed to fester!

Asmara

Post by Asmara » 07 Aug 2022, 15:45

Has the Eritrean government officially announced it would mediate between the Ethiopian federal government and the terrorist group, TPLF? I don't think so. I guess it's an AU peace initiative headed by Obasanjo who is flouting such a proposal. But I completely agree with Justo... Eritrea should leave Abiy and the terrorist group to sort out their problems. We have regained our territories and all we have left is physical demarcation. Whether Abiy makes peace with TPLF or involve in yet another round of fighting is entirely their issue. After the heaviest ever defeat the TPLF sustained at the hands of the Eritrean army and the federal it is safe to say that TPLF is no more a threat. It has turned into a mere nuisance - weaker than Al-Shabaab.
Last edited by Asmara on 07 Aug 2022, 16:37, edited 2 times in total.

justo

Post by justo » 07 Aug 2022, 16:20

eden wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 15:12
justo wrote:
not insert itself in Ethiopian local politics, whether Ethiopia should be a federation or a unitary state is none of Eritrea's business. Isaias has been expressing opinion about this
Better late than never, your sluggish meakor is getting there now. You were told decades ago and, to your face, in as early as 2020
awqo abed, shushshshshshshsh

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 07 Aug 2022, 16:20

justo wrote:
Why in hell does Eritrea need to be involved in peace talks between Tigray and Ethiopia?

This may make Isaias look important, but Eritrea's long term interest has nothing to do with Isaias' personal role in the HOA. Eritrea needs to finalise the peace talks with Ethiopia and demarcate the border ASAP, not insert itself in Ethiopian local politics, whether Ethiopia should be a federation or a unitary state is none of Eritrea's business. Isaias has been expressing opinion about this, Eritrea doesn't give a damn.
Brother Justo,

Correct me if I'm wrong, what I inferred from your post was as if the Eritrean government is willing to participate in the Ethio-TPLF negotiation....So far I haven't seen anything that suggests that is the case, except the statement from AU and its invitation to the Eritrean government. If you have more info about it, I'm all ears.......

Leaving aside other issues, the fundamental point that matters to Eritrea as a sovereign nation is its adherence to the international tenet that says there should be ONE and ONLY ONE power that has legitimacy over any defined political territory......As such the Eritrean government will only deal with that entity that has that legitimacy in Ethiopia.

justo

Post by justo » 07 Aug 2022, 16:28

@Fyameta @Sesame @Asmara @quindibu, we will always be on the same wavelength on any issue no matter what. I actually like your positions more than I like mine, I am just expressing my frustrations while you are soldiering onwards patiently, so all in all I have more sympathy to your positions than I have to mine, but I gotta be me.

Abere

Post by Abere » 07 Aug 2022, 16:40

The question should have been :

Does even Eritrea want this? Why would a winner want to sit with a loser? I do not see any benefit for Eritrea to talk go down and talk with ordinary የሊጥ ሌባ rebel. When they go down, you go up.

Jaegol

Post by Jaegol » 07 Aug 2022, 17:26

The question should be will participating or mediating in the peace process achieve or take us towards the national goal of elimination of the national security threat… if it does take us towards our goal then so be it.
Don’t forget negotiations and peace can bring end of tplf too.( limited thinking will look through the lense of war brings defeat and end of the enemy, but peace might bring end of the enemy too)
There’s too many ways to skin a cat…compare the pro and con before taking a ridge position
My personal take is: if tplf agrees to recognize our borders and stops it’s propaganda of lies against Eritrea and stop being telalaki of the ferenjis. And knowing tplf won’t survive in a peaceful neighborhood in tiny Tigray without wolkayit, raya, badme plus lost 900+ Youth to gain the territories lost… a revolt coming to chigray.
Eritrea to survive will always need to be armed equally with Ethiopia (Ethiopia state will always be a formidable threat not terrorist like tplf), but tplf is a minor threat from now on and pacifying it through peace or war which ever tool is used should be welcomed.
My proposal for long term security of Eritrea is build a wall and plant a 100 meter wide from wall towards Eritrea cactus 🌵 trees on the border with tiny Tigray plus 5 meter diches in between… then open the borders with Gonder humera and Burre Assab … irreverent junta should not hold peacefully economic integration of the two countries hostage… think pass tplf
I’ve been surprised many times by the veteran shabias and I have confidence they will do the right thing for the home land.

Happy Sunday to y’all

Last edited by Jaegol on 10 Aug 2022, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

justo

Post by justo » 07 Aug 2022, 18:02

TPLF should be offered to keep Mekelle, Adwa, Axum, Adi Grat, which already is a very generous offer

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 07 Aug 2022, 18:30

When it comes to issues between TPLF and the govt of Ethiopia, no other parties should be involved in my opinion. The issue of peace between Tigray and Eritrea should be handled through Ethiopia's government since Tigray is still an Ethiopian state, albeit a renegade state. If Tigray wants to be treated as an independent state, then it should go all the way, unless their goal is to sort of be like Somaliland which in all ways act as an independent state but isn't recognized.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 07 Aug 2022, 19:38

Sadacha Macca wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 18:30
When it comes to issues between TPLF and the govt of Ethiopia, no other parties should be involved in my opinion. The issue of peace between Tigray and Eritrea should be handled through Ethiopia's government since Tigray is still an Ethiopian state, albeit a renegade state. If Tigray wants to be treated as an independent state, then it should go all the way, unless their goal is to sort of be like Somaliland which in all ways act as an independent state but isn't recognized.
To Eritreans TPLF has never been the issue....it has been the smallest cog in the biggest machinery. As the witty Fiaymeta aptly put it:

በሕወሓት በኩል የተደራዳሪዎቹ ማንነትና ስም ዝርዝር ተለቀቀ።

1. Anthony Blinken
2. Samantha Power
3. Susan Rice
4. Martin Plaut
5. Kjetil Tronvoll
6. Matt Bryden
7. Jendayi Frazer
8. Jeffrey Feltman
9. António Guterres
10. Seytan D. Yablos

S/he just forgot to add the new selfie-lover dude, 8) whatever his name is. Despite the humor though, Fiyameta's post would provide you how Eritreans have been reading the situation since 1998.

So for all practical purposes, the question of whether Eritrea should sit with the Adwa mafia or not is really irrelevant!

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 07 Aug 2022, 20:27

quindibu wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 19:38
Sadacha Macca wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 18:30
To Eritreans TPLF has never been the issue....it has been the smallest cog in the biggest machinery. As the witty Fiaymeta aptly put it:

በሕወሓት በኩል የተደራዳሪዎቹ ማንነትና ስም ዝርዝር ተለቀቀ።

1. Anthony Blinken
2. Samantha Power
3. Susan Rice
4. Martin Plaut
5. Kjetil Tronvoll
6. Matt Bryden
7. Jendayi Frazer
8. Jeffrey Feltman
9. António Guterres
10. Seytan D. Yablos

S/he just forgot to add the new selfie-lover dude, 8) whatever his name is. Despite the humor though, Fiyameta's post would provide you how Eritreans have been reading the situation since 1998.

So for all practical purposes, the question of whether Eritrea should sit with the Adwa mafia or not is really irrelevant!

Of course. They do not like to see An African nation preaching about self reliance, and depending on yourselves, because if African countries are truly self sufficient and self reliant; they cannot be exploited by them. So, since Eritrea is striving to depend on its own toil and hard work, to be self sufficient in food, clean water, etc; they are targeted. On the other hand, TPLF was more than glad to be their puppet to wreak havoc in the region, as long as they received cash and other aid to help suppress internal revolts and so on. Ethiopia's rulers always depended on the Europeans/'Super powers,' to maintain their power, to the detriment of the Ethiopian masses.

Jaegol

Post by Jaegol » 10 Aug 2022, 22:07

Brother Yohannes repeated what I said here above on the negotiations and Eritrea and compelled to share the video. The brother is smart and well articulate… bravo 👏🏼