Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Revelations
Senior Member+

Re: Abiy Ahimed equates the Amhara genocide to gun violence in the USA [VIDEO]

Post by Revelations » 07 Jul 2022, 08:41

Here he promises the killings will continue and he will just plant seedlings to provide shade to the dead. You can't make this up. The man is intoxicated with blood!

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 07 Jul 2022, 08:50

He thinks the number of killed is not high enough. He will order more killings.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 07 Jul 2022, 08:52

I find it bizarre and disturbing that PM Abiy shows no empathy for the massacres of innocent civilians that it is his duty to protect. The least he could have done is show sadness at the horrific crimes. Was is too much to declare a state of mourning for a couple of days, lower the flag for one day?

May be I am getting very cynical but I think he welcomes these crimes in that they will silence the Western meddlers who have been raising the fabricated narrative of genocide on Tigrayans. This is real and he can now feel emboldened to tell them to take a hike whenever they raise the concocted spectre of Tigray genocide.

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 07 Jul 2022, 10:10

one should have a moral ground to downplay or try to brush away the dying of a single life violently, anywhere in this world, I am not an exception here.

I am talking about the people who are dying from violence of all means, involuntarily. Taking a snapshot of the people dying in America and Ethiopia over a given period of time the numbers are much higher in the former, the first difference.

In both countries there are vocal or even highly concerted political oppositions to the dying of innocent lives in this way, which is not unexpected. This is another similarity of the two cases (countries).

But what is the more vivid difference in the two cases?

In Ethiopia the most opposition against the dying of people are those most vocal in demanding the resignation of the PM and demanding the formation of a transitional government, unending demand as such.

In the case of America we don't hear that kind of highly concerted demand of the resignation of the leader of the country, or even the state.

This leads to the most important point of depicting the case in Ethiopia has been utilized as a political means for those who have failed to effect any meaningful political movement in the country, yet never stopping to demand to come to power by all means, at all junctures.

If the dying of innocent lives is being instrumentalized to pursue the political ambitions of some sectors of the society, then this is a big moral debacle, a business of trading on human lives to achieve a political goal. This is the most critical difference of the two countries.

Many Ethiopians like to claim for themselves people of high moral values and we are asking here about how to reconcile this two stands?

a moral debacle can't claim to itself a moral high standard at the same time, isn't it?

DefendTheTruth » 05 Jul 2022

comparing the PM speech, Is this coincidence?

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 07 Jul 2022, 10:24

He will order more killings.
That one I don’t get but Abiy’s answer is stupid and narcissistic. Why compare Ethiopia to bad examples when we have our own historical references to compare to & there are western countries where no one gets killed? I think, he will regret that statement.

Revelations wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 08:50
He thinks the number of killed is not high enough. He will order more killings.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 07 Jul 2022, 10:39

How can the deaths by random acts of crime be compared to the deliberate massacres of hundreds of people where entire families and villages are wiped out. We saw how the US leaders and people reacted at the murder of 17 children in Texas. PM Abiy has failed to contain the problem of ethnic disintegration of the country and knows it. His attempts to excuse his failures are futile and childish. It isn't like this is a new phenomenon. It has been going on for years. What efforts has he taken to protect the victims? He failed Ethiopia when he failed to eradicate the TPLF thugs. As long as that cancer is around, Ethiopia will continue to descend into chaos.

Right

Post by Right » 07 Jul 2022, 11:20

That is a coded message from the PM of Ethiopia to the OLF terrorists to kill more.
He is consistent in doing that for 4+ years.

Abere

Post by Abere » 07 Jul 2022, 11:43

Guys, did not you hear this false equivallence inadvance from his paid የማለዳ ውታፍ ነቃይ Orommuma (DefenedTheLie)? In this Mereja Forum, there are bunch of paid ውታፍ ነቃይ trolls such as DefendTheLie, YenegewSew, Selam(ሻጋታም sugar mama), minEbalalehu, sun( ባዶ እራስ), you could add more to the list. These Wutaf-Neqay spill the bean before thug Abiy Ahmed show up on his personal TV.

union
Member+

Post by union » 07 Jul 2022, 12:54

This is not just evil, man. This is way beyond evil!!

It is unbelievable!

How are we going to kill this m0therfukker is the question. We want to see suffere alive!

Revelations wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 08:41
Here he promises the killings will continue and he will just plant seedlings to provide shade to the dead. You can't make this up. The man is intoxicated with blood!

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 07 Jul 2022, 13:24

አቶ በሬ ወለደ - I am your nightmare. Mentioning Selam day & night indicates that I got under your ቆርዳፉ woyane skin. ልፉጭ!

Abere wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 11:43
Guys, did not you hear this false equivallence inadvance from his paid የማለዳ ውታፍ ነቃይ Orommuma (DefenedTheLie)? In this Mereja Forum, there are bunch of paid ውታፍ ነቃይ trolls such as DefendTheLie, YenegewSew, Selam(ሻጋታም sugar mama), minEbalalehu, sun( ባዶ እራስ), you could add more to the list. These Wutaf-Neqay spill the bean before thug Abiy Ahmed show up on his personal TV.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 07 Jul 2022, 13:44

Why are you quoting this woyane whorre called Millete? She’s one of the worst liar in North America, selling the fake Genocide narrative, doing tenkebalelay all over the place, advocating for secession of Tigray & bad mouthing all Amharas. Now, she’s concerned about Ethiopia & Amharas in particular. Kiss my Heavenly bottom!
Revelations wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 08:01