Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Deqi-Arawit

Re: To the con artist so called PM of Ethiopia, this is how Westerners ship their weapons to woyane

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 30 Jun 2022, 16:05

Sadacha Macca

Re: To the con artist so called PM of Ethiopia, this is how Westerners ship their weapons to woyane

Post by Sadacha Macca » 30 Jun 2022, 18:17

He's aware, but he he's also dependent on the west for money and aid; which ethiopia has been dependent on since its inception.
so his arms are tied. :shock:

Right

Post by Right » 30 Jun 2022, 18:32

Sadacha Macca wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 18:17
He's aware, but he he's also dependent on the west for money and aid; which ethiopia has been dependent on since its inception.
Wow. That is a very honest statement.
And that is a trap. I have said it before and I will say it again: Abiye will find out very soon that not finishing the TPLF decisively was a very big mistake. The whole nation was behind him and he squandered a historical chance. Soon he will find out the Americans are not his friends.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 30 Jun 2022, 19:03

Right wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 18:32
Sadacha Macca wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 18:17
Wow. That is a very honest statement.
And that is a trap. I have said it before and I will say it again: Abiye will find out very soon that not finishing the TPLF decisively was a very big mistake. The whole nation was behind him and he squandered a historical chance. Soon he will find out the Americans are not his friends.
Agame brother Union,

You repeat that over and over, so you either must not truly comprehend the situation OR you just want to see abiy's government fail, which may take the country down too because we do not know what will happen afterwards, and unlike the 1990s where you had the eprdf/eplf who could maintain order and so on; there is no such alliance today. OLA will take over Oromia, so Oromia will be fine, but what about everyone else?

Whether it be Abiy, or those after him, Ethiopia cannot afford a protracted war, it does not have the funds, the morale, the will, etc, to sustain such a long war. When the masses support a guerrilla army, it is almost impossible to win. Just look at other places, where the masses supported the guerrilla armies; they almost always won those wars, even when fighting a much stronger and better armed, conventional force. Ethiopia, a poor country whose budget is half or so, based on aid, cannot afford war after war. I am not a fan of abiy perse, but I saw the wisdom is not keeping the army in a hostile environment, where it would not be able to win.